Home
The only way that Colin is taking a team to the Super Bowl is he be the dude driving the bus.

He got the opportunity to freely express himself, and the NFL got their turn to express themselves - the NFL won.

Colin Kaepernick's agent slams Hall of Famer Warren Sapp for calling the quarterback's recent workout with the Raiders 'a disaster': 'It's not true and you'd think he'd want Kap on a team'
Colin Kaepernick's agent is taking aim at Hall of Famer Warren Sapp's assertion that the free agent QB's recent workout with the Las Vegas Raiders as a 'disaster'
Kaepernick agent Jeff Nalley told Pro Football Talk: 'I'm surprised Warren would say that, because it's not true and you would think he would want Kap on a team'
Kaepernick worked out for the Raiders in May, but didn't receiver an offer
Sapp, who spent three seasons with the Oakland Raiders before the club moved to Las Vegas, recently said the 34-year-old free agent struggled in his workout
Sapp: 'I heard it was a disaster. I heard it was one of the worst workouts ever'
Other reports said the workout went well and Kaepernick showed a strong arm

By ALEX RASKIN SPORTS NEWS EDITOR PUBLISHED: 11:44 EDT, 27 June 2022 | UPDATED: 12:34 EDT, 27 June 2022

Colin Kaepernick's agent is taking aim at Hall of Famer Warren Sapp's assertion that the free agent quarterback's recent workout with the Las Vegas Raiders as a 'disaster.'

'I guess Warren didn't talk to the General Manager [Dave Zieger] or the head coach [Josh McDaniels],' Kaepernick agent Jeff Nalley told Pro Football Talk. 'I spoke to the GM several times and he said they all thought Kap was in great shape and threw the ball really well and encouraged any team to call him about the workout and he would tell them the same. 'I'm surprised Warren would say that, because it's not true and you would think he would want Kap on a team.'

Kaepernick worked out for the Raiders last month, but was not rewarded with a contract offer.

Sapp, who spent three seasons with the Oakland Raiders before the club moved to Las Vegas, recently told VladTV that the 34-year-old free agent struggled in his workout. 'I heard it was a disaster,' Sapp said last week. 'I heard it was one of the worst workouts ever. I'm wondering how in the hell this happened and the tape didn't get out, right?'

If he were to be signed, Kaepernick would presumably become a backup to starting Raiders quarterback Derek Carr. Kaepernick has not played in the NFL since the 2016 season, when he ignited a nationwide free speech debate by protesting racist police brutality by kneeling during the national anthem before games.

He claims he's remained in shape, telling Ebony last October that he still wakes up at 5am for training five or six times per week. 'I'm prepared to take a team to a Super Bowl again,' Kaepernick said.

The Raiders currently have a starting quarterback in the 31-year-old Carr, who is committed through the 2025 season thanks to a three-year, $121 million extension. However, the Raiders could use the veteran Kaepernick as a reliable backup given his experience guiding the 49ers to Super Bowl XLVII in February of 2013.

Kaepernick will have competition for the Raiders' backup job. Las Vegas recently acquired quarterback Jarrett Stidham from New England, where he worked with McDaniels, the now-former Patriots offensive coordinator.

Raiders owner Mark Davis told ESPN in 2020 that he would give his 'blessing' to his front office if the football operations staff wanted to acquire Kaepernick. Davis's late father, Al, was passionate about civil rights and hired the NFL's first African-American and Latino head coaches in Art Shell and Tom Flores, respectively.

Kaepernick was later benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert in 2015 before ultimately reclaiming the starting job in 2016, but 49ers went just 1-10 with him under center. He opted out of his contact in anticipation of his release in March of 2017 and has gone unsigned since.

In 2019, Kaepernick settled a grievance with the NFL for an undisclosed amount after accusing owners of blackballing him in retaliation for the controversial protests. He has been training in hopes of an NFL return, while continuing to raise money for his charity, the Know Your Rights Camp, as well as other entrepreneurial and charitable endeavors.

Although Kaepernick remains an NFL pariah, commissioner Roger Goodell admitted in June of 2021 that the league should have listened to players' concerns about racism sooner, adding that he encouraged teams to sign the former 49ers star.

The league did orchestrate a tryout for Kaepernick in 2019, but that was scuttled after he took issue with the liability waiver the NFL asked him to sign. Sports Illustrated obtained a copy of the NFL's waiver, and according to a piece on SI.com by attorney Michael McCann, the league was effectively asking Kaepernick to sign away his right to sue teams in the future, regardless of whether or not they participated in collusion.

He ultimately arranged for his own workout for a handful of teams instead.

Although Kaepernick was reportedly in great shape and showed good arm strength, he did not receive any offers from NFL teams, despite his experience guiding the 49ers to three NFC title games and a Super Bowl appearance. Despite that, he sill remained hopeful for an NFL comeback.

'My desire to play football is still there,' Kaepernick told USA Today in 2020. 'I still train five days a week. I'm ready to go, I'm ready for a phone call, tryout, workout at any point in time. I'm still waiting on the owners and their partners to stop running from this situation. So I hope I get a call this offseason. I'll be looking forward to it.'

The Los Angeles Chargers were keeping tabs on Kaepernick in 2020, according to then-coach Anthony Lynn, who described the embattled quarterback as a good 'fit' for his offense.

'It would be crazy to not have him on your workout list,' Lynn said at the time.

Lynn said that while he hadn't spoken with Kaepernick, he 'fits the style of quarterback for the system that we're going to be running. I'm very confident and happy with the three quarterbacks that I have but you can never have too many people waiting on the runway.'

'It would be something I think any team would have to explore with a talent of that caliber that is available under these circumstances,' Lynn continued.

'I know he has a high IQ at the position. It comes down to physical shape and his ability to do what he does. You can figure out real quick where he is in his career after an intense workout.'
Who?
Originally Posted by slumlord
Who?
Hey, good to see you slummy.
Just a no-talent hasbeen who pizzed away all the time he might have been marginally valuable over a stupid crusade. If anybody hires him now, it will probably be as a tackling dummy. Does his hair still look like a tumbleweed in a New Mexico desert?
Doing the quick math on this one. The Cleveland Browns just dropped millions on a quarterback that they knew had problems, but they thought he could play football. If Kaepernick was any good, teams would be lining up to throw money at him.
Both of those racist morons Kaepernick and Warren Sapp deserve to be joined to each other.
Warren Sapp, lol. Dude made millions and is flat broke.
Welcome back Slumbo. Hope you're feeling terrific.
Dynasty baby
Kaepernick ain’t near as much of an issue as is Goodell kissing that black butt and kowtowing every time a black nfl player pharts.
Originally Posted by Jim270
Doing the quick math on this one. The Cleveland Browns just dropped millions on a quarterback that they knew had problems, but they thought he could play football. If Kaepernick was any good, teams would be lining up to throw money at him.

^^^^^^This^^^^^^
Dynasty baby
Book it
Is it just me or was that the most poorly written article ever?
While many teams in the league don't share the same philosophies on everything, they go along with the others for the greater good (and profits) for the league.
But nearly all of them are extremely adverse to distractions, drama and unwanted attention.

Kaepernick is a lightning rod for drama and distraction.
Antonio Brown is another.

There's no question Kaepernick is likely better than some of the backups in the league, but no one wants to put up with his szchit - or take any from his girlfriend.
Originally Posted by SKane
While many teams in the league don't share the same philosophies on everything, they go along with the others for the greater good (and profits) for the league.
But nearly all of them are extremely adverse to distractions, drama and unwanted attention.

Keapernick is a lightning rod for drama and distraction.

And it wouldn't surprise me if the league goes 2 years on Watson's suspension to teach the Browns a lesson about 1/4 billion dollar, fully guaranteed contracts to guys staring at 24+ cases of sexual assault/harassment. If a guy with THAT many red flags gets that plus the pics given up for him - what's a guy like Herbert, Burrow etc going to command? I'm thinking there's 31 owners VERY pissed at Haslam's group.
They are only giving him lip service, nobody wants him!
Originally Posted by Teal
I'm thinking there's 31 owners VERY pissed at Haslam's group.

You can bet the farm on that one.
There's no question Kaepernick is likely better than some of the backups in the league, but no one wants to put up with his szchit - or take any from his girlfriend.

Is he tho? 7 years ago he was benched for Gabbert. This was before the SJW.

Kap has a film crew with him everywhere - Raiders likely filmed the tryout too - that film hasn't and won't be released because it's that bad (I think). I'm not a Sapp fan but if Kaep was even remotely decent in that tryout - there'd be film available for all to see.
His mobility is what set him apart. For a guy his size, to go in and take potential punishment (as a backup) would surely be endearing to some.

As dysfunctional as the Browns are, you'd think they'd have him in now - it surely couldn't hurt. laugh
His mobility is what set him apart. For a guy his size, to go in and take potential punishment (as a backup) would surely be endearing to some.

As dysfunctional as the Browns are, you'd think they'd have him in now - it surely couldn't hurt. laugh

Browns have all that money tied into Watson, another chunk in Mayfield and they signed Jacoby Brisette - have to think they only have one of those 3 available to play when the season starts. Do they have room for Kaep - even at league minimum?
They seem to be content with Brisette but part of me is still pulling for Baker. He's got a chance to really put the screws to the Browns and win the fans over. Alas, I don't think he'd have thick enough skin to make it work.
Agreed - Baker has the Browns right where he'd want them.
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Kaepernick ain’t near as much of an issue as is Goodell kissing that black butt and kowtowing every time a black NFL player pharts.

Not sure whom I despise more, Roger Goodell or Rob Manfort. Both have knee jerk reactions to every woke issue imaginable, especially race.

Anybody not see this as the Raiders throwing out a PR bone? "we gave him a chance when nobody else would. Praise us".
Originally Posted by Jim270

Yep, baggage and all, they don't give a ratz azz......

IF he could play, he would be playing................

IMHO.
Kaepernick ain’t near as much of an issue as is Goodell kissing that black butt and kowtowing every time a black nfl player pharts.

Well, it's true. But despite what seemingly everyone here wishes, the NFL prints money and is more popular (and more profitable) today than it's ever been.
Goodell is employed by the owners to make them lots of money - and he's remarkable at it.

Well, it's true. But despite what seemingly everyone here wishes, the NFL prints money and is more popular (and more profitable) today than it's ever been.
Goodell is employed by the owners to make them lots of money - and he's remarkable at it.

Agreed - Goodell's job is to take the heat for the owners. He's basically the Karine Jean-Pierre of the league. Take the heat, run the org that handles the day to day - don't ever let revenue slip, other than CV19 etc.
Kaepernick is toast. He’ll never play in the nfl again.

Agreed - Goodell's job is to take the heat for the owners. He's basically the Karine Jean-Pierre of the league. Take the heat, run the org that handles the day to day - don't ever let revenue slip, other than CV19 etc.

Yes sir - I missed the "taking the heat" part - that is indeed a large part of his role and he takes a lot of it. And he's compensated quite handsomely to be the target.
Phuuck around and you find out. Kap could've rode that SB appearance for another 10 years for at least $15mm per. Instead he took a knee on his career. Nothing to see here; he's all done.
What's always missing from the Kaep narrative - he bailed out of his contract with SF. Had a player option year IIRC and said "no - I want to be a free agent/SJW" and voided that last year of his contract. THEN he had no job offers.

You can't fire me I quit - bam, no one hired me. Now he's sad panda wanting back.
What's always missing from the Kaep narrative - he bailed out of his contract with SF. Had a player option year IIRC and said "no - I want to be a free agent/SJW" and voided that last year of his contract. THEN he had no job offers.

You can't fire me I quit - bam, no one hired me. Now he's sad panda wanting back.

Right!!?? He walked away from the most logical city in which is his message could have been amplified and embraced.
I ran into him, literally, at O'Hare Airport a couple years ago. He's not a big guy, scrawny little thing. We stood there looking at each other, waiting for the other to move out of the way. His little minions he travels with got very upset with me, lol! But, I'm built like a defensive end and he's... well... a scrawny little quarterback. All the while, my wife is trying to get a picture of him, they thought she was trying to video all of it, I still laugh about it. We each kinda side stepped each other and went on our way.
The league probably slipped them some bucks to give him a workout

And it wouldn't surprise me if the league goes 2 years on Watson's suspension to teach the Browns a lesson about 1/4 billion dollar, fully guaranteed contracts to guys staring at 24+ cases of sexual assault/harassment. If a guy with THAT many red flags gets that plus the pics given up for him - what's a guy like Herbert, Burrow etc going to command? I'm thinking there's 31 owners VERY pissed at Haslam's group.

The team would’ve been better off with Tebow.

Hear me out! He would’ve been CHEAP. He would’ve FILLED the stadium. He would’ve SOLD merch. AND, if he didn’t play so well, you get BETTER picks in next year’s draft, for being a worse team.
Who?
EXACTLY..
Originally Posted by fburgtx

The team would’ve been better off with Tebow.

Hear me out! He would’ve been CHEAP. He would’ve FILLED the stadium. He would’ve SOLD merch. AND, if he didn’t play so well, you get BETTER picks in next year’s draft, for being a worse team.

The Browns don't have any problem putting butts in seats or selling merch.
They have a continually-stepping-on-their-pee-pee problem. laugh
Agreed - Baker has the Browns right where he'd want them.

Baker’s already stated he won’t play for the Browns this year, or ever again.

Brown’s continue to show their dumassery by signing Waton. Who should be called Bill Cosby jr.

SeaHaggs or some other team will hire Mayfield.
Book it 😜
STRSWilson: Who cares?
I would rather view the horrific human being that is a known homosexual, metro-sexual, criminal, liar, conspirator, racist, low life, convict, druggie that is now known as juicy smellit than to see colon capernuts in any venue!
n.f.l. - who cares?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
I hope Watson flames out as a Brown
Originally Posted by hanco
I hope Watson flames out as a Brown

Hope he gets a 2 year suspension.
© 24hourcampfire