Home
During a worship service in Colorado on Sunday, Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., told the congregation she is “tired of this separation of church and state junk” in the U.S.

Boebert, who is on the ballot in Tuesday’s primary election, said to worshipers, “The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church. That is not how our Founding Fathers intended it.”

She added the concept of separation of church and state isn’t in the Constitution and only comes from a “stinking letter” written by one of the Founding Fathers.

The specific phrase “separation of church and State” comes from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson in 1803 to interpret the First Amendment.

The phrase has since been used by the Supreme Court to interpret the establishment clause of the First Amendment, which reads “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”

https://www.deseret.com/2022/6/28/2...lorado-primary-elections-first-amendment
I dont think I ever read about that in the constitution. Maybe you can copy and paste that for us.
I think you are a lying POS making stuff up about the constitution, just like your commie buds do.
Here we go. It seems the PHRASE doesnt exactly match up with the constitution now does it?

The phrase has since been used by the Supreme Court to interpret the establishment clause of the First Amendment, which reads “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.”

It seems to me you commies made laws PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF.

Of course, you are too stupid to understand that OR you're a disingenuous POS.

I guess we both know it's the latter, dont we.
I don't think anything about Separation of Church and State was put into the Constitution, but was discussed by some of the founders, in letters between them. Dredging from my memory, it was about keeping the Government out of religion, not religious people, and their ideas out of the government. Remember they were from area's where the Catholic and Church of England, were very dominant. miles
Goosey's boiefriend tryin to drown her again.
Originally Posted by Goosey
During a worship service in Colorado on Sunday, Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., told the congregation she is “tired of this separation of church and state junk” in the U.S.

Boebert, who is on the ballot in Tuesday’s primary election...........

Did you happen to catch the primary results?
Lol, Are you afraid of God Goosey?

I believe separation of church and state are important but as in everything else the .gov does it's all fuqked up.

How about separation of State and Gay? no tax dollars for the Gay agenda?
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I believe separation of church and state are important but as in everything else the .gov does it's all fuqked up.

Now Gooschiett will have nightmares.
Originally Posted by smokepole

Let's be nice and help him out........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lauren Boebert wins Republican primary in Colorado's 3rd Congressional District, AP says

Anna Lynn Winfrey, The Pueblo Chieftain
Wed, June 29, 2022, 1:04 AM

Incumbent Rep. Lauren Boebert is the winner of the Republican primary in Colorado's 3rd Congressional District, according to the Associated Press.

Results from the Colorado Secretary of State show Boebert defeating primary challenger Don Coram with nearly two-thirds of the vote.

Link for Goose Nutz.
Originally Posted by jaguartx

Lol, I'm OK with that.....

Statistically Goosey has a bigger chance of choking to death with a dick stuck in his throat than he does dying from a heart attack from something Boebert said.
What's Goozey in a panic about now?
So, what church do you want paired up with the state? Who.makes that call?

Boebert, who is on the ballot in Tuesday’s primary election, said to worshipers, “The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church. That is not how our Founding Fathers intended it.”

She added the concept of separation of church and state isn’t in the Constitution and only comes from a “stinking letter” written by one of the Founding Fathers.

The specific phrase “separation of church and State” comes from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson in 1803 to interpret the First Amendment.

https://www.deseret.com/2022/6/28/2...lorado-primary-elections-first-amendment
Okay, Groomer.
IIRC, the "separation of church and state " phrase came from Jefferson's reply to some Quaker ministers who had written him regarding their concerns over ratifying the 1st A as they feared that it was not worded strongly enough and that, as written, the federal government would eventually use the 1st A to prevent or interfere with the free exercise of one's religion and remove God from public discourse.
Jefferson replied that he felt that the 1st A established a wall of separation sufficient to prevent governmental interference with one's freely exercising their religion and that he felt their concerns were groundless.
Sadly, it was not so much the 1st that was used to subvert our religious liberty, but Jefferson's own misguided words that did the deed.
Jefferson was wrong and the Quaker ministers fears were well founded.

And, last but not least....GFY Goosey
She is correct.
Yes she is. The founder had written a LOT about the role of Christians in Government and it was all about the Bible and the Laws of God being the foundation for the new republic.

"Separation of church and state" is a communist idea and is focused at the absorption and later the destruction of church by the state. It's NOT in the constitution.

The 1st amendment says congress shall make no establishment of religion or PROHIBIT THE FREE EXCERSIZE thereof"

Let's be nice and help him out........

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lauren Boebert wins Republican primary in Colorado's 3rd Congressional District, AP says

Anna Lynn Winfrey, The Pueblo Chieftain
Wed, June 29, 2022, 1:04 AM

Incumbent Rep. Lauren Boebert is the winner of the Republican primary in Colorado's 3rd Congressional District, according to the Associated Press.

Results from the Colorado Secretary of State show Boebert defeating primary challenger Don Coram with nearly two-thirds of the vote.

Link for Goose Nutz.

Pretty soon the lib trolls who voted for her RINO opposition will be along to tell us that she can't reach across the isle and "get things done."🙄
Originally Posted by szihn
Yes she is. The founder had written a LOT about the role of Christians in Government and it was all about the Bible and the Laws of God being the foundation for the new republic.

"Separation of church and state" is a communist idea and is focused at the absorption and later the destruction of church by the state. It's NOT in the constitution.

The 1st amendment says congress shall make no establishment of religion or PROHIBIT THE FREE EXCERSIZE thereof"

Shussh. Dont tell the Woolve or lvmike or Nvhuntr. You dont want to get them upset.

Well, Ok, maybe you do. grin
Originally Posted by stevelyn
What's Goozey in a panic about now?
Goosey is a Christophobe.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
She is correct.

I think it's coming. I even think Trump does too.

Didnt Que say, "Its going to be Biblical"?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Jag, I hate to spoil it for you but not everything is about q.

Sometimes shìt just happens.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Pretty soon the lib trolls who voted for her RINO opposition will be along to tell us that she can't reach across the isle and "get things done."🙄

If you're taking about BeanMan, he's not a liberal, he's not a troll, and he never said that.
Yeah, like 482 Quincidences. Like Trump ust having his last rally in Q Town the same time Que came back online and standing at the podium speaking and then accidently lifting his right arm up and drawing a Q in the air.

I did say accidently for your benefit, didnt I? wink
I understand. When all you can see is dots it's hard to fathom that they're not all connected.
We have separation of Church and State. Our Prez and Spkr of House claim to be practicing Catholics. Nothing could be further separated from the truth.

If you're taking about BeanMan, he's not a liberal, he's not a troll, and he never said that.

He implied it when he said that words don't mean anything and he wants someone to accomplish something.

That's liberal speak. I've got him pegged.
Bullsh*t. If you had him pegged you wouldn't need to resort to juvenile name calling.
Some of the original colonies were Catholic, some were Protestant, some taxed the people to support their churches. Some outlawed churches other than their official one. The 1st was to eliminate those official churches and allow everyone to worship as they wished in any state without govt interference.
The roster of stupid MF’s in DC is a mile long, but she’s very near the top. Her, AOC Greene, “the squad” Hank, Frederica. The fact that these clown shoes dummies get elected to that position speaks volumes about the voter base.
I think church revenues should be taxed.
The power to tax is the power to destroy.

Lol, I'm OK with that.....

Statistically Goosey has a bigger chance of choking to death with a dick stuck in his throat than he does dying from a heart attack from something Boebert said.

No way. She’s far too skilled at bobbin knobs to choke
As has been mentioned the first amendment’s establishment clause has nothing to do with the separation of church and state.

The latter is an idea pulled from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to a Baptist minister assuring that concerned citizen that the state would not meddle in the affairs of the Church. It has nothing to do with the militant secularization incessantly cited by leftists.

Not that the OP cares. He’s just a jackass troll.
Goosey Goosey, your little self made world is imploding you poor dear.
From our founding we have been a Christian nation our founders were all Christians. They were from different religious sects but Christianity defined our government. Atheists have slowly taken over both parties and waged war on any Christian that dares challenge their actions. Ask Judge Roy Moore how benevolent they are.
Simply stated Government cannot establish a religion. It does not mean religious symbols cannot be placed in government facilities. Congress has always started with a prayer but lately it has been bastardized by the Marxist leaders. We must change that.
Originally Posted by rainshot
From our founding we have been a Christian nation our founders were all Christians. They were from different religious sects but Christianity defined our government. Atheists have slowly taken over both parties and waged war on any Christian that dares challenge their actions. Ask Judge Roy Moore how benevolent they are.
Simply stated Government cannot establish a religion. It does not mean religious symbols cannot be placed in government facilities. Congress has always started with a prayer but lately it has been bastardized by the Marxist leaders. We must change that.
It's time you read up on the founding fathers. They were not all christian. Wilson, Morris, Madison, Hamilton, and Washington were neither Christians nor Deists, but rather supporters of a hybrid "theistic rationalism" Thomas Jefferson was unwaveringly a deist. John Adams and Benjamin Franklin both wrote details about their beliefs rejecting various aspects of mainline Christianity.
Originally Posted by chesterwy
The roster of stupid MF’s in DC is a mile long, but she’s very near the top. Her, AOC Greene, “the squad” Hank, Frederica. The fact that these clown shoes dummies get elected to that position speaks volumes about the voter base.
You are #StuckOnStupid
Originally Posted by kenjs1
We have separation of Church and State. Our Prez and Spkr of House claim to be practicing Catholics. Nothing could be further separated from the truth.

They are closer to the antichrist..

Catholics, my ass.

When the culture has embraced insanity, those who speak truth are considered insane.

Many people need to wake up to the fact that those we used to call “political opponents” have demonstrated they are the enemies of the Constitution, order, and general human flourishing.

Bold truth speakers are what we need. Limp-wristed pansies who’ll “work across the aisle for common sense _______” are unitparty hacks whose only loyalties lie in their own appetites.
Originally Posted by efw

When the culture has embraced insanity, those who speak truth are considered insane.

Many people need to wake up to the fact that those we used to call “political opponents” have demonstrated they are the enemies of the Constitution, order, and general human flourishing.

Bold truth speakers are what we need. Limp-wristed pansies who’ll “work across the aisle for common sense _______” are unitparty hacks whose only loyalties lie in their own appetites.

Careful, you are gonna trigger smoke pole.
Smokeapole will be smoking and maybe even doing some doping. wink

Perfectly said, efw.
Originally Posted by 9point3

They have effectively paired atheism with the state.

I'm thinking they represent those who put them in office, like fraudsters and rigged voting machines.

A lot arent put in by their voter base but by the NWO swamp.
Here we go. It seems the PHRASE doesnt exactly match up with the constitution now does it?

So the Church is supposed control the Government?

According to you and Boebert?

Okay, which church?

I know you hate the Jews, so apparently not them.
You speak ill of Islam all the time, so I suppose not them.
How about the Hindus, or the Buddhists? Maybe the Catholics? Remember the Inquisition?

Go ahead, tell us which sect you would hand the reigns of our nation? I assume the one to which you belong, and everyone else be damned.

Remember that the current condition of separation of church and state has come about from so called Christions attempting to force others to emulate their faith.

I care not who or what you pray to, nor how often. But I object when you attempt to force my children to participate in a prayer to your god.
Smokeapole will be smoking and maybe even doing some doping. wink

LOL, what's the payment due for rent this month?
Originally Posted by efw

Careful, you are gonna trigger smoke pole.

I could be wrong but I’m not sure that SP would disagree with what I said.

He, like me, considers Q to be a farce of epic proportions designed to make good hearted Conservative folk look foolish.

Again I may be wrong but he seems opposed to Q but not to the thrust of what I said.

Maybe he can chime in.
Originally Posted by kennyd
Originally Posted by 9point3

They have effectively paired atheism with the state.

Given that Satan always has opted for unbridled self-worship (that is, for individuals to worship themselves & their appetites vs the One true God) I’d suggest the state religion is Satanism.
Agreed, efw.
Once again for the weak minded twits, no “church”
Controls government. Don’t wage war on Christianity. Look at our symbols on our government buildings ( that they can’t remove). Like it or not our nation was founded by Christians.
We are not supposed to be ruled by kings contrary to democrat belief.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Okay, which church?

How about the Hindus, or the Buddhists? Maybe the Catholics? Remember the Inquisition?

Go ahead, tell us which sect you would hand the reigns of our nation? I assume the one to which you belong, and everyone else be damned.

Remember that the current condition of separation of church and state has come about from so called Christions attempting to force others to emulate their faith.

I care not who or what you pray to, nor how often. But I object when you attempt to force my children to participate in a prayer to your god.

How do you reach a position that either the State controls the Church or the Church controls the State? That is not a valid argument.
No church controls government

Exactly as it should be, in perpetuity, and as the founding fathers intended.
Boebert is just a whore for the Mar a Lago Douche Bad.

For those who would like a government run buy the church I suggest you go do a little research from the past to the present.
You will find that religion controlled government (theocracies) tend to be authoritarian and autocratic.

The church has killed a lot of people in the past. Anyway if you want a theocracies there are many places in the world to go live.

Boebert should exercise that option and go live in a less free country.
Originally Posted by funnybone

For those who would like a government run buy the church I suggest you go do a little research from the past to the present.
You will find that religion controlled government (theocracies) tend to be authoritarian and autocratic.

The church has killed a lot of people in the past. Anyway if you want a theocracies there are many places in the world to go live.

Getting harder and harder to find a "less free" country.

Go find a niqqer dick to suck.

Okay, which church?

You exhibit a pattern of what could graciously be considered obtuse inability to follow an arguement in regards to these matters.

Just because one doesn’t believe that government should interfere in the Church (one purpose of the establishment clause) doe NOT mean that they do want the church to run the govt.

Are you really that dense, or are you pushing your own views of anti-religion?
Actually, I only responded to the context of the original post.
Boebert said "Religion is supposed to run the government, not government run religion.

Either is a course to catastrophe.

I do not have an "anti-religious" bone in my body.

I am not anti any religion. I find them all equally valid.

Because I do not share your beliefs does not mean I wish to destroy what you hold dear. It only means, I do not want them shoved down my throat.
Actually, I only responded to the context of the original post.
Boebert said "Religion is supposed to run the government, not government run religion.

Either is a course to catastrophe.

I do not have an "anti-religious" bone in my body.

I am not anti any religion. I find them all equally valid.

Because I do not share your beliefs does not mean I wish to destroy what you hold dear. It only means, I do not want them shoved down my throat.

But it's okay for you to shove yours down everyone else's throat.

You do NOT have the right to demand that no one exercise their faith before your eyes. No one is forcing you or yours to pray to God when they pray to God. They may do that in Saudi, or Iran, but no one of Christian faith is trying to do that to you. If they did, I'd be as offended as you (but for a different reason; primarily because that is not Christian behavior)...but I'd stand by you no matter.

Throw in with the godless left, or support freedom. Your choice.
I have never demanded (nor even politely requested) anyone refrain from practicing their religion in any manner they choose.

But I do expect that my tax dollars will not be spent to support said worship.

Do you deny that school children in America have been forced to participate in prayer at school at times in the past? And I do not mean that they are forced to hear a prayer. I mean that they have been forced to participate.

That, I strenuously appose!

I most definitely support Freedom. Especially freedom of religion!
I have never demanded (nor even politely requested) anyone refrain from practicing their religion in any manner they choose.

Do you deny that school children in America have been forced to participate in prayer at school at times in the past? And I do not mean that they are forced to hear a prayer. I mean that they have been forced to participate.

They're have been required to respect the right of others to pray. That is NOT establisment of a state religion by Congress.
Originally Posted by RiverRider

They're have been required to respect the right of others to pray. That is NOT establisment of a state religion by Congress.

No argument here.

My only argument is with Boebert who wishes to give control of US Government over to "The Church" and any who would support that concept.
This is a tough one for me. It’s the American people themselves that have mostly become secular and turned from God and as such it’s reflected in our government. On the other hand it’s was atheist subversives that have used government for decades as a tool to undermine families and Christianity and started us down this road.

Government should have recognized the importance of Christianity and families in making a strong country and worked to preserve those goals. How do you that without trampling on someone else’s rights. That’s a fine line but I feel like as a country we absolutely errored on the wrong side of that line.

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” John Adams.

In a country built around the concept of maximum freedom there has to be some religious beliefs interwoven into the fabric of the nation for it to work. It also needs to be homogenous culturally. Diversity and atheism in large numbers do not mesh well with a free country and we’re seeing that now.
Originally Posted by RiverRider

No argument here.

My only argument is with Boebert who wishes to give control of US Government over to "The Church" and any who would support that concept.

I think you and I hear Boebert's comments differently. I can see how you're hearing it and if I heard it the same way, I'd have to agree with you. However, I don't take her comment to mean that some unnamed sect should be directing the government. What she means by "the church" is the body of believers, meaning the electorate at large (even though faith is not universal). Without picking nits, maybe we don't really disagree.
I am just go off of what Boebert the whore for the Mar a Lago douche bag said.
Sure sounds like she wants the church involved in the government.
Originally Posted by efw

Okay, which church?

You exhibit a pattern of what could graciously be considered obtuse inability to follow an arguement in regards to these matters.

Just because one doesn’t believe that government should interfere in the Church (one purpose of the establishment clause) doe NOT mean that they do want the church to run the govt.

Are you really that dense, or are you pushing your own views of anti-religion?

I am just go off of what Boebert the whore for the Mar a Lago douche bag said.
Sure sounds like she wants the church involved in the government.
Originally Posted by Raferman

You need to show us all how that is done. I suspect you have a lot of experience at doing what you suggested.
I want the Catholic Church to run the US government... It is as we all know, the true Christian church.
Originally Posted by Northman
I want the Catholic Church to run the US government... It is as we all know, the true Christian church.

Still upset that Desantis got child grooming banned in Florida pedo Walt?

You need to show us all how that is done. I suspect you have a lot of experience at doing what you suggested.

I thought the money pox took you out bonehead? Good to see another child groomer back on here.

Do you live in Austin fa,ggot?

another dumb Neocon Cheney supporter

You are a child groomer so not surprised Walt

You libtards won't say schit about Islam though.
You ok with banning ar15s?

What a retard you are chucky. Hows the wheelchair?
You ok with banning ar15s?

Yes...and he is OK with banging 15 year old boys.

Okay, which church?

Remember that the current condition of separation of church and state has come about from so called Christians attempting to force others to emulate their faith.

Mixing religion in government is a terrible idea, especially in educational institutions where people in authority are praying or promoting their beliefs to children. Do you want a Muslim expounding on Islam to your child, what about a witch or a Satanist? A Shinto or a Hindu? How are you going to stop them if freedom of religion extends to public institutions?

I attended school from the 5th grade through the 9th grade in a theocracy in the position of being part of a 10% minority. It was not a good situation especially when I asked questions. Religion ought to be kept out of all government institutions even down to local government.
The way this was taught to me was that there shouldn't be ANY state sponsored religion. The example was England and its Church of England.

Separation of state from religion wasn't a problem until the socialist got involved. Careful for what you wish for.

The leftist religion IS politics. If complete separation is the goal, then ALL holidays should be excluded from government business. This includes obvious holidays such as Christmas, Easter, Good Friday, and Thanksgiving. It should also include any days of Sabbath.

MLK day should be included too. Martin Luther King was an ordained minister. Strike that off the list too.

Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day shouldn't be exempt either. No more "Talk Like a Pirate Day", or "National Day of whatever".

Groundhog Day? Only if it's in season and in my sight picture. Opening Day of hunting or fishing season? Not if you're a government employee.

Schools shouldn't be exempt either. Spring Break? Gone. Winter Break? No more. Summer Break? Not a freakin' chance. Get the teachers back in the classroom. I've worked more holidays in crappy conditions than I care to count. Time for the teachers to step up too.

If flags are an issue, then ONLY the United States Flag and the State flag are allowed. No BLM, rainbow, save the planet, or whatever weird cause is currently woke is allowed.

There are plenty of Jewish and Muslim holidays too. Passover, Yom Kippur, Rokshanna, and other should be gone.

Cut the cord. All of it. No more adjournments for any holiday. Government open every single day. Many leftist government employees are quick to bash Christians, but hypocritical in getting paid time off for Christian Holidays.

If someone wants to celebrate or remember any occasion, they are free to do just that. Any time requested off for an employee should be taken from their vacation days.

Rant over. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone.
Dead is right.
America was founded by men of faith. Christianity was a big part of our institutions. The constitution prohibits government from Establishing a Religion. It does not prohibit anyone from practicing their religion.
Democrat Marxists have corrupted the meaning of the text.
© 24hourcampfire