Home
Posted By: 2ndwind Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...man-60-times-4th-july-festival-canceled/

I sure hope they can prove he fired first....

Akron, Ohio Prepares for Riots After Police Reportedly Shot Fleeing Black Man 60 Times; 4th of July Festival Canceled

By Kristinn Taylor

Published July 1, 2022 at 12:02pm

Heavy duty trucks were parked in front of police headquarters in Akron Friday morning as the northeast Ohio city is on edge after reports a Black man fleeing a traffic stop Monday was shot and killed by eight police officers who reportedly fired ninety rounds–hitting the man, 25-year-old Jayland Walker, sixty times. Akron announced Thursday the city’s four-day Rib, White and Blue Festival was being canceled, however there are still fireworks displays planned for Monday.

Jayland Walker, family photo.

WKYC-TV reporter Austin Love, “With the potential of unrest in Akron, snow plows are being used as street barriers surrounding the area of the Akron Police Department. This in the wake of the shooting death of 25 year old Jayland Walker. I have details this morning on @wkyc”

Initial statement by Akron police posted to Facebook on Tuesday:

TRENDING: Pima County Arizona Democratic Party: "F*ck the 4th"

Critical Incident – Officer Involved Shooting

At approximately 12:30 yesterday morning, Akron Police Officers attempted to stop a vehicle for a traffic violation at Thayer Ave and E. Tallmadge Ave. The operator of the vehicle refused to stop; as a result, a vehicle pursuit was initiated. The suspect vehicle entered Route 8 southbound as the officers gave chase. During the pursuit, officers reported a firearm being discharged from the suspect vehicle.

The pursuit continued for several minutes until the suspect vehicle slowed down near the intersection of E. Wilbeth Rd. and Clairmont St. While the vehicle was still moving, the suspect fled from the vehicle on foot. Officers engaged the suspect in a foot pursuit in order to apprehend him. The suspect ran northbound into a nearby parking lot. Actions by the suspect caused the officers to perceive he posed a deadly threat to them. In response to this threat, officers discharged their firearms, striking the suspect.

Officers immediately summonsed for EMS to as they began administering first aid until the arrival of paramedics. The suspect was pronounced deceased on scene.

The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office will conduct an autopsy. The suspect’s name is being withheld pending positive identification and family notifications.

Per departmental procedure, the officers involved have been placed on paid administrative leave.

The initial investigation will be conducted by members of the Akron Police Department’s Major Crimes Unit with the assistance of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation. At the completion of the investigation, the case will be handed over to the Ohio Attorney General’s Office for further review before being presented to the Summit County Grand Jury for evaluation.

A separate internal investigation will be conducted by the Office of Professional Standards and Accountability. The results of their investigation will be provided to the police chief and the City of Akron Police Auditor for review.

The incident remains under investigation. Additional information will be available in the coming days.

Report # 22-78920

WKYC reported on the autopsy of Walker (excerpt):

The final autopsy report has not yet been put in writing, Summit County Medical Examiner Dr. Lisa Kohler said. That report is expected to be released this week.

Walker’s death has been ruled a homicide, Kohler’s office said Wednesday.

However, the photos provided Wednesday confirm what police sources had previously told 3News Investigates: Eight officers fired more than 90 shots, causing more than 60 wounds to Walker’s body.

3News Investigates examined autopsy records, including about 150 photos of Walker’s wounds and about 60 photos of bullet fragments. A large majority of the wounds were to the front of Walker’s body. Wounds could be seen from his face down to his lower legs.

Some wounds were depicted on his back, but it is unclear if the marks are entrance or exit wounds.

Akron police say they attempted to stop Walker’s car just after midnight Monday for a traffic infraction and equipment issue. Walker instead led the officers on a high-speed chase down East Tallmadge Avenue toward State Route 8.

At some point, police say Walker fired a gun. Sources tell 3News Investigates that one casing was found in Walker’s car and a second was found on the roadway near Route 8.

…Police say they first deployed their tasers, but ultimately opened fire after they said Walker made motions that caused them to fear bodily harm. Eight officers unleashed a hail of gunfire that was captured on body cameras worn by the officers.

Sources say some of the last shots were fired while Walker’s body was on the pavement. Walker was on the ground dead when medical help arrived. Autopsy records show he was handcuffed after the shooting. He was not armed at the time he was shot, sources said.

A gun, however, was recovered inside Walker’s car, the same sources confirmed.

WKYC video of the scene of the shooting shows dozens of evidence markers.

The mayor and police chief issued a joint statement Wednesday about the shooting:

The following is a joint statement from Akron Mayor Dan Horrigan and Police Chief Steve Mylett regarding the officer involved shooting which occurred Monday, June 27, shortly after 12:30am, which left Jayland Walker deceased.

“We know that no police officer ever wants to discharge their service weapon in the line of duty. And anytime they must, it’s a dark day for our city, for the families of those involved, as well as for the officers. Tragically, we are once again faced with a young man, with his life before him, gone too soon. Every single life is precious, and the loss of any life is absolutely devastating to our entire community. Our prayers are with Jayland Walker’s loved ones, and we offer our sincere condolences to all those who knew him. Our thoughts are also with our Akron police officers and their families.

We want to reassure our citizens that more information will be coming in the following days, including the body-worn camera footage that recorded this incident. We are keeping our promise to the community, understanding that there can be no trust without transparency and follow-through on commitment.

We have every confidence in the Attorney General’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation to conduct a thorough, fair, and honest investigation. We will cooperate fully with that investigation and have made it a top priority for our staffs. As a city, we are committed to this process and trust that it will yield a fuller understanding of this incident.”

Akron was already on edge over the deadly black-on-white beatdown murder of 17-year-old Ethan Liming on June 2nd.

UPDATE: Akron plans to release police bodycam videos on Sunday, reported the Akron Beacon Journal (excerpt):

Akron will release bodycam footage of the shooting death of 25-year-old Jayland Walker by Akron police on Sunday.

Mayor Dan Horrigan and Police Chief Steve Mylett will host a press conference 1 p.m. Sunday to talk about Walker’s death and to provide further details and to review video footage of the shooting.

Bodycam video footage will be released immediately after the press conference, the city said in a news release.

Mylett will meet with members of the Walker family and their legal representation before the press conference to allow them to review the footage.
Posted By: Judman Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
Haven’t read it, sure he deserved it. Onto the next🤘👊🏻
Posted By: 700LH Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
He din't run fast enough did he?

60 hits,, damn!
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22

Body cam video to be released Sunday...
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
I just scrolled through my YouTube feed. It seems like the number of shootings is OFF the charts recently.... angry old White guy in KY all the usual hood rats, road rage.... be careful out there.
60 shots? Damn.
60 hits from 8 cops? That's some kind of a record ain't it? Do the cops get an award for that?
His name is Jay Walker. I cant believe the race baiting, anti white, anti cop (((media))) isnt taking advantage of that in their headlines. "Black Jay Walker shot 60 times by police"
Good to hear the Akron marksmanship program is successful.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
Target practice?
Posted By: BCBH Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
I'm waiting to see if the chief throws his cops under the bus (chief is a BLM kneeler) a few weeks after immediately saying race wasn't a motive in the beating death of white teen Ethan Liming by 3 groids outside of Lebron Jame's private school.
Posted By: bbassi Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
His name is Jay Walker. I cant believe the race baiting, anti white, anti cop (((media))) isnt taking advantage of that in their headlines. "Black Jay Walker shot 60 times by police"
OK, I laughed. grin
Fun!!
Posted By: basdjs Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
Worst case of suicide I've ever seen!
It doesnt matter if justified or not.

Now the cabal gives the go for the summer riots they have been planning for months.

And now the BLM and Antifa to the lefts rescue.

Paramilitary wing of the 1933 Communist Party on the left and the same wing of the Dimocommie party on the right.

The dimocommies National Aktion Network is on the right.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Follow the money.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: viking Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
WTH, what kind of dope was he on?
Big deal. In 2015 the Cleveland cops fired 137 shots at a black guy from several feet away. They had chased him across the city at over 100 mph when he backed into an alley and tried to ram the cops with his car. One jumped on the hood and fired at least 60 shots through the windshield. Killed the driver and a passenger. Cops were exonerated. Good shoot.
Originally Posted by ldholton
60 out of 90 ain't that good. Where did the other 30 go?
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Originally Posted by ldholton
60 out of 90 ain't that good. Where did the other 30 go?
2/3 is pretty damn good in a real world shoot!

“Justice for Jaylany.” He was trying to murder cops but those mean cops shot him to many times. LOL.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by ElAhrairah
I see what you did there...
Posted By: Dutch Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
I don’t know how many rounds is enough, but I guess 60 did it…..

What a flustercluck.
Thug life.. they love how they live & die.
I bet he was an honor student, with plans for college.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
Interesting to see how soon that record is broken
Posted By: WAM Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
Wow! A 66% hit rate is pretty darn good for poleece shooting…
Posted By: shootem Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
No matter the justification, was a stupid shooting by the cops. I doubt the last 70 rounds or so we’re required. Just brings negative press on them for no reason other than wanting to pop caps. Meto-ism. Dedt is dedt and he dedt when he hit the ground.
Someone yelled freeze. The cops all heard make him Swiss cheese
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I just scrolled through my YouTube feed. It seems like the number of shootings is OFF the charts recently.... angry old White guy in KY all the usual hood rats, road rage.... be careful out there.

The DNC and the media publish talking points and agenda items the beginning of each week and the useful idiots all fall in line repeating those talking points and agenda items. The last few weeks since the recent SC decision one of tne agenda items has been to publish stories on ALL shootings in your area. I have noticed it on all the local TV station's websites.
Originally Posted by shootem
No matter the justification, was a stupid shooting by the cops. I doubt the last 70 rounds or so we’re required. Just brings negative press on them for no reason other than wanting to pop caps. Meto-ism. Dedt is dedt and he dedt when he hit the ground.

90 rounds, 8 cops?

Each with a gun holding 12-17 rounds.
There were a lot of rounds left in some of those guns.

Think this through, are you gonna depend on the other guys to get it done,
or are you going to do it yourself?

So 8 guys, amped up and scared, each start hitting the trigger.
With revolvers it could easy be 48 rounds. Without reloading.

Bigger problem is the gun in the car.
He may not have had one on him at the shooting site.

The police investigation will say the earlier shots fired, darkness,
movements...make this a justified shooting.

The public will see 90 rounds fired, 60 hits, on an unarmed guy.
Any idea how fast 8 cops could get off 90 rounds? A few seconds? Think they had time to consult with each other?
I'm glad the fuc ker's dead but come on man, cops are out of control.
Posted By: kenacp Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
Must have been that "high powered stuff 9mm". LOL
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I bet he was an honor student, with plans for college.

Yes, going to study to be a brain surgeon.

The racist cops did not have to shoot him at all. One of them could have shot the gun out of his hand. wink

L.W.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
Yeah, but they obviously didnt hit a lung or it would have been blown out....
How do you blow the lungs out of someone 60 times after the first shot?
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
Another turd bites the dust. Hilarious the only photo was from when he was 3 years old?
Originally Posted by EFHutton
Thug life.. they love how they live & die.
It's just that right?
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I never have a problem with cops, do you? Thought so.
I think there is something really wrong when the police fire 60 bullets into one suspect. It's ridiculously over the top.
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
How do you blow the lungs out of someone 60 times after the first shot?

Only with a 9MM
No other caliber has the power to do that.

The Police musta not had any 9MM's used in the shooting that is why it took 60 rounds to take him down.
Once again: if the negro had pulled over and taken his lumps (warrant, gun in car, drugs, etc.), he would have already bonded out of jail alive. Poor life decisions by negro's are on them.
I wouldn't care if they shot him 600 times.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Once again: if the negro had pulled over and taken his lumps (warrant, gun in car, drugs, etc.), he would have already bonded out of jail alive. Poor life decisions by negro's are on them.
Yep. Good shoot.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Nope…a little courtesy and respect go a long way. I couldn’t do police work…too low of a tolerance for rude behavior.
Posted By: akrange Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
Akron Police Department 4th of July Tribute..
Man their Over Staffed ..
If you shoot at the cops, what do you expect?

That would be a great question to ask.
[
[/quote]quote=Dillonbuck]

90 rounds, 8 cops?

Each with a gun holding 12-17 rounds.
There were a lot of rounds left in some of those guns.

Think this through, are you gonna depend on the other guys to get it done,
or are you going to do it yourself?

So 8 guys, amped up and scared, each start hitting the trigger.
With revolvers it could easy be 48 rounds. Without reloading.

Bigger problem is the gun in the car.
He may not have had one on him at the shooting site.

The police investigation will say the earlier shots fired, darkness,
movements...make this a justified shooting.

The public will see 90 rounds fired, 60 hits, on an unarmed guy.

Exactly. 90 rounds fired, 8 cops. Trigger time.

Actions by the suspect caused the officers to perceive he posed a deadly threat to them. In response to this threat, officers discharged their firearms, striking the suspect.

Actions caused perception of a deadly threat. Kinda like my sister’s, husband’s, wife’s, cousin thought he might have seen a gun. No skin off me. But by the time its said and done they’ll all wish they’d let the other guys settle it. I’m wondering how many of the 60 hits were while he was standing.
Originally Posted by 700LH
He din't run fast enough did he?

60 hits,, damn!
Can't outrun a bullet.

Or Sixty...
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22

Originally Posted by jorgeI

LMFAO
Wife and I cracked up. It’s all true.
Posted By: greydog Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/02/22
Was said to be unarmed when shot but still able to cause the police to fear for their lives. I'd like to be able to support the cops in these cases but it doesn't seem like real solid ground, to me. GD
Originally Posted by Hastings
Any idea how fast 8 cops could get off 90 rounds? A few seconds? Think they had time to consult with each other?
My guess is ~ 3 seconds - rather quickly.
Originally Posted by WYcoyote
I wouldn't care if they shot him 600 times.
Not concerned with how many times he was hit - only concerned with the # of misses, Those bullets put quite a few others in danger.
2/3 hit ratio seems it could be improved on, is all I'm saying.
Protestors gathering for release of footage.

Fox News

Akron is about to light up tonight. I hope they take the bridle off of the cops if violent protests get underway.
Not to Worry..
Akron Police Community Liaison Offices are some of the Best in the Country..
They always pick up their Brass no matter how Much ..
Guessing it will be a Rumble in the Jungle in Akron tonight.
They needed an excuse to riot, loot, and burn it down.

Gotta get their free Nike’s, TV’s, and Malt Liquor. 🤪
Meanwhile in Chicongo the Celebration will go almost Unnoticed..
Bling and Brass some cheap Russian Crap..
Two out of three with a pistol on a running target is pretty damn good. Most "shooters" can't do that on a sporting clays course with a shotgun.
jeez

shouldn't qualified shooters just use a 45
Posted By: Goosey Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/04/22
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Yep. Good shoot.

[Linked Image from nypost.com]

[Linked Image from media4.giphy.com]
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Two out of three with a pistol on a running target is pretty damn good. Most "shooters" can't do that on a sporting clays course with a shotgun.
How many rounds did he take before he stopped running? 90 rounds is just crazy unless he was still fighting back.
I fully support law enforcement, most of the time, but damn! 90 rounds?
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
How many rounds did he take before he stopped running? 90 rounds is just crazy unless he was still fighting back.

You can never be too sure. Just like when your buddy folds a duck and you full choke center it two more times on the way down 😂
Sometimes I dumped 200-300 rds to whack a dink. Some of them were near cut in half. Miniguns at close range are like that.
Why did he run? By doing so merely his actions, whether legal or otherwise, has set another riot into action. I/we cannot, should not rush to judgment. But, by running his actions served to consider a criminal act. If he was to stand and answer our nation would not suffer. The law enforcement officers have but a split moment to decide what to do or not. They are human....only human.
This is NOT me taking anyone’s side. This is only my opinion. I am on the side of order. MTG
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/04/22
Needed to be 61.
Originally Posted by MTGunner
Why did he run? By doing so merely his actions, whether legal or otherwise, has set another riot into action. I/we cannot, should not rush to judgment. But, by running his actions served to consider a criminal act. If he was to stand and answer our nation would not suffer. The law enforcement officers have but a split moment to decide what to do or not. They are human....only human.
This is NOT me taking anyone’s side. This is only my opinion. I am on the side of order. MTG
That’s about how I see it.

The lesson to be learned isn’t the number of times he was shot in probably a three second or so window. The lesson to be learned is do not start a high speed shootout with police and then further run resist arrest on foot after they’ve tried to tase you.
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

8 officers that shot. That's less than a mag for each one if they all shot the same amount. 11-12 rds. Even a novice can have .2 splits between shots. You do the math. It's called force science.

I don't know if it was a good shoot, wasn't there, haven't seen the video.
To be honest, I don’t care. He made his decision and chose his path.
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
I think there is something really wrong when the police fire 60 bullets into one suspect. It's ridiculously over the top.

You obviously have never been in a real world gunfight. Regardless, Surely you have been taught to shoot until the threat is neutralized. Now multiply that by 8 cops with probably either 15-17 round mags who start shooting near simultaneously and instinctively doing just that. Dont take long at all for 8 semi autos to throw that many rounds.
Originally Posted by marktheshark

You obviously have never been in a real world gunfight. Regardless, Surely you have been taught to shoot until the threat is neutralized. Now multiply that by 8 cops with probably either 15-17 round mags who start shooting near simultaneously and instinctively doing just that. Dont take long at all for 8 semi autos to throw that many rounds.

I agree with you. I couldn’t care if they took 20-25 round mag dumps. He asked for it.
Originally Posted by MarkWV

I agree with you. I couldn’t care if they took 20-25 round mag dumps. He asked for it.

Body cam footage is out. He looked pretty neutralized.

Too bad these guys couldn’t have been the responding officers in Uvalde.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by MarkWV

Body cam footage is out. He looked pretty neutralized.

Too bad these guys couldn’t have been the responding officers in Uvalde.
I agree, play stupid games….win stupid prizes.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/04/22
Threads like this help one understand the relationship in today's world between LE and the general public
Threads like this help one understand the relationship in today's world between LE and the general public
When I have seconds to decide who goes home to their family that evening…………
Posted By: 700LTR Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/04/22
The natives are getting restless.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/04/22
I've been taught that in combat, you do your best to neutralize the bad guys for your buddy and your buddy does his best too. Hence everyone shooting until this perp was totally down.
Posted By: akrange Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/04/22
Originally Posted by 700LTR
The natives are getting restless.

I’m thinking Akron PD keeps the Respect..
I mean they just Proved they wouldn’t spare any Expense..
This isn’t the Marxist type of Venue away..
Riots on the 4th their Professionals are Partying..
60 wounds in a body does not equate to 60 bullet holes.
Posted By: shootem Re: Wow they shot him 60 times - 07/04/22
Cease fire!!!!!Cease fire!!!!!Cease fire!!!!!!! and the shots continue. Won’t turn out well for some of the officers. Lots of rounds kicking up dust when dindu was laying down. At least one AR got dirty. Hate it for them. Going to be a storm.
Yep. Play stupid games and win stupid prizes was my first thought after reading the story.
The only issue here is race.
I’m not racists, although being white, I fit the profile. frown
It’s the non racists blacks who are making race an issue.
A white perpetrator in exactly the same situation would cause absolutely zero problems!
I’m getting pretty tired of playing a damn game where the other side makes and changes the rules as they go to suit their own agenda.
7mm

How so?
Suicide by police,thats what he wanted,thats what he got.
Seems his girlfriend,fiance etc had died in the last few weeks or months,why else would he leave the ring next to the Unloaded pistol, true ganster would have just shot it out and tried to take a couple of cops with him.
Sad on both sides,terrible for his family and there will probably be somebody or bodies doing some time when this is all said and done.

Greg
didn't read all responses, but Newsmax says he was an unarmed black man....even they can't get a story right.
ding..ding..ding.. and the family wins the ghetto lottery . they wont miss him too much , i sometime think they do it on purpose so family gets rich
60 times- The press has a way of telling a taller tale than even what the heard. Bullet hole in & out = 2
They couldn't tell if they were exit holes, but most appeared to be frontal shots. Might be less than 60, some might have had shotguns
How were the cops to know if the street punk still had the gun or not? He was shooting, He should have stopped.
Originally Posted by redjones
Suicide by police,thats what he wanted,thats what he got.
Seems his girlfriend,fiance etc had died in the last few weeks or months,why else would he leave the ring next to the Unloaded pistol, true ganster would have just shot it out and tried to take a couple of cops with him.
Sad on both sides,terrible for his family and there will probably be somebody or bodies doing some time when this is all said and done.

Greg

This right here
Clear case of Suicide by cop.
No the Officers have to live with that the rest of their lives.
© 24hourcampfire