Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/04/22
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Hiawatha KS. You all are doin good.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That Michael Jackson?

#thriller

Haha.

So all kinds.....

Usually folks wearing stuff they got no business wearing...

Just cause it’s stretch fabric, means it’ll fit. 🤢🤢
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/04/22
Kind of a Michael.

Little bit dark. His pard I think mainly white man.

Looked out of place. Usually farmers or injuns.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/04/22
I wish I had thought of the term, but the most fitting word for them is "WalMartians."
Posted By: 673 Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/04/22
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Is that hair hanging out where his pants are posed to be...wtf?
LOL
Posted By: akrange Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/04/22
I says I Love NY on his Calf ..
Gawd ..
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/04/22
Originally Posted by slumlord
Night After the Roxbury

Cool, but I like the shuffle dance version

Posted By: tikkanut Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/04/22
I shop walmart.......1-2 times month

Do the online store pick up outside

Don't have to deal with the bozzo checkers inside

Or people having family reunions in aisle 46

They bring it outside to meet you

Actually works well
Posted By: viking Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/04/22
Williston ND reminds me of a Texas Walmart.
Posted By: wade brown Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/04/22
During the lockdown I had ordered 50 pounds of bread flour for a curbside pickup at WalMart. When I went to pick it up the person on the phone said they could not bring it out to the curb because they were only doing that with food products. I asked the young lady what was flour classified as, she was adamant that they could not bring it out. I asked/demanded to talk to her supervisor and explained maybe my family was strange but we treat flour as a food product, I was not sure what the majority of walmart shoppers treated it as but to us it was food.

I got the flour delivered to my car 10 minutes later.
Posted By: batch Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22
Probably college kids at Highland Community College. It was Highland Junior college, maybe is still, I don't keep up with them. Both parents went there but didn't look like them.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22
Originally Posted by tikkanut

That’s what the self check is for. Quicker, too.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22
Originally Posted by wade brown
During the lockdown I had ordered 50 pounds of bread flour for a curbside pickup at WalMart. When I went to pick it up the person on the phone said they could not bring it out to the curb because they were only doing that with food products. I asked the young lady what was flour classified as, she was adamant that they could not bring it out. I asked/demanded to talk to her supervisor and explained maybe my family was strange but we treat flour as a food product, I was not sure what the majority of walmart shoppers treated it as but to us it was food.

If that wasn't so sad it would be hilarious.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22
Originally Posted by ironbender

Wally's loves those self check things.

That way they get to make a profit off YOUR labor.

K-Falls went all self check a year or more back, before the inflation hit bad. I didn't see any great reduction in prices given for the reduction in their labor costs.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22
Anymore the lines at the self-checkout lanes at the local Super Walmart here have been as long and sometimes longer than the regular checkout lanes with live cashiers, and even longer on EBT card refill days.
Posted By: BFaucett Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22
Posted By: viking Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22

Rolling fat chicks in?😂
Posted By: Hancock27 Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22

Self check is for free stuff - I may forget or neglect to scan everything properly..they can't expect me to be an expert at scanning at Walmart when they've given me no training and they're not paying me.
It's my employee discount!!

Then they want to check your receipt for your work, scanning YOUR items, I just walk on by because they have no legal right to detain you. even if you were truly shop lifting.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22

If it's bleached white flour, it's wallpaper paste, not food.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22
I shop walmart.......1-2 times month

Or people having family reunions in aisle 46

They bring it outside to meet you

Actually works well

I never have and don't plan to ever use Walmart's or for that matter any other store's 'order on line - pick up outside' service for our groceries -- specifically food -- and especially not fresh meat, dairy, fresh produce / fruit and food that must be kept cold/frozen. Why? Because I think it's a pretty safe bet that the order pullers grab the easiest and closest items and move on to pulling the next online order with no regard to quality, condition, expiration dates, damaged packaging, etc., etc., then it sits for Lord only knows how long until another store 'associate' can bring it to your vehicle.

As always, ...YMMV
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22
Originally Posted by Hancock27

Self check is for free stuff - I may forget or neglect to scan everything properly..they can't expect me to be an expert at scanning at Walmart when they've given me no training and they're not paying me.
It's my employee discount!!

Then they want to check your receipt for your work, scanning YOUR items, I just walk on by because they have no legal right to detain you. even if you were truly shop lifting.

And you would be wrong, and possibly charged for not allowing them to review your receipt and merchandise. It all depends upon your states laws with regard to Shopkeepers Privilege. Each state is different, so make sure you check yours out.....
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22
Originally Posted by joken2
Anymore the lines at the self-checkout lanes at the local Super Walmart here have been as long and sometimes longer than the regular checkout lanes with live cashiers, and even longer on EBT card refill days.

the online order/pick up works well

Cold/frozen bagged together

My only gripe would be the fresh produce selection
Posted By: Crash_Pad Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22
We just got a Walmart delivery to the door. Say what you will that's, innovative service especially beneficial to poor, disabled, or elderly - or just damn lazy like us! It also offers some gig type opportunities for car owners to pick up a few extra bucks. I talked to a lot of the pickers for outside pickup and they seem engaged and somewhat challenged, in a good way, being the articulated human robot end of some pretty clever computer automation. I couldn't fill 8 individual order baskets without getting lost, frustrated or confused. But I can't follow instructions period! Wally is doing away with employees altogether eventually, if they can. Nothing is getting cheaper anytime soon if ever. The FED makes sure of that.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22
Self checkout doesn't save them money - it costs them a great deal because of thieves like Hancock27.

Just yesterday, I went up to a self-check machine and there was a payment due total displayed. That means that previous low-life went through the motions of scanning stuff and then just walked off with it all. I alerted the poor woman who was monitoring the machines, and she mumbled something like "another one." I hope that those workers don't get dinged for not catching thieves.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/05/22
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Self checkout doesn't save them money - it costs them a great deal because of thieves like Hancock27.

Just yesterday, I went up to a self-check machine and there was a payment due total displayed. That means that previous low-life went through the motions of scanning stuff and then just walked off with it all. I alerted the poor woman who was monitoring the machines, and she mumbled something like "another one." I hope that those workers don't get dinged for not catching thieves.

Karma can be a biottch

I'm a believer
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/06/22
In Hiawatha??? They must be importing them
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/06/22
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Is that hair hanging out where his pants are posed to be...wtf?
LOL
Beaverton, OR is all the link says
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/06/22
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
In Hiawatha??? They must be importing them
Yep, saw em Saturday afternoon.
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/06/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by slumlord
Night After the Roxbury

Cool, but I like the shuffle dance version

Well you need to Google the 4.5 minute version with Sven Otten one dancing fool...mb
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/06/22
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

They caught a guy a couple years ago at the Home Depot here. He'd cut the UPC off of some item worth $7 or $8 and had it hidden in his hand. When he scanned a big item, he'd slip it under the scanner. He'd rung up maybe $2000 worth of tools when the computer flagged it because he used the same UPC each time. If he'd used some smarts, he'd likely have gotten away with it.
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/08/22
Don’t really feel
Sorry for them they are asking for it. Sadly we all pay the price to cover the losses
Posted By: losttrail60 Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/08/22
I will take the weirdos over the overweight boomer and his blue haired wife trying to figure out how to scan 4 bananas and then writing a check.
Posted By: Godogs57 Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/08/22
Darth Vader was at my Walmart this week

Posted By: mark shubert Re: Walmarks weirdos - 07/08/22
I read this AM, in the ABQ Journal, where some soul in ABQ shot himself, in a Target parking lot.
God help me, but the first thought through my feeble brain was -
OMG, poor sucker went in, they didn't have what he needed - and he thought "Damn, now I have to go to Wally World!!!"
© 24hourcampfire