Home
Posted By: wabigoon The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Anyone try it? How does it taste?
Posted By: dave7mm Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Are you talking about the product at the supermarket?
Or the impossible Burger that Burger King sells?
I've had both.
Properly doctored up it's hard to tell the difference from real Hamburg.
dave

And good morning...!
Posted By: Tyrone Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
It's engineered industrial "food".
Live to try new stuff, but I'm being a knothead on this one.

If I'm eating a burger, I want dead cow flesh.
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
We started selling the impossible patty at my restaurant as a vegetarian option about a year ago. It sells well. I prefer beef, greatly, but I will admit I was quite surprised and impressed with what they have achieved in mimicking a beef burger. Texture, flavor, appearance…. It isn’t bad. I would eat one over other things I have tasted and liked less.
Sacrilege.

Especially for a cattleman.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Sacrilege.

It should be illegal.

Especially to call it "burger".

It is a "Mechanically formed, heat treated and sterilized pea protein meal patty."

Artificially colored and flavored....and worse for you and the planet than beef.

Enjoy your virtue signal sandwich.
Posted By: slumlord Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by Mr_Harry
We started selling the impossible patty at my restaurant as a vegetarian option about a year ago. It sells well. I prefer beef, greatly, but I will admit I was quite surprised and impressed with what they have achieved in mimicking a beef burger. Texture, flavor, appearance…. It isn’t bad. I would eat one over other things I have tasted and liked less.

You own a burga keen?

Man I got some questions
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Just curious Barry. laugh
Ever eat a charcoal briquette? They aren’t quite as juicy and flavorful as that.
Posted By: Dutch Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Haven't tried, and have no plans to try it. I'm at that stage where I want my food as close to Mother Earth as I can get it. Coffee is about as "processed" as anything I want, anymore.

I would not be surprised if this "health" driven Impossible Meat is going to have to same backlash as margarine, a few decades down the road.

Fresh locally grown meat, fresh veggies and I'll make it another day.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Sacrilege.

It should be illegal.

It is a "Mechanically formed, heat treated and sterilized pea protein meal patty."

Artificially colored and flavored....and worse for you and the planet than beef.

If they called it what it is, I doubt they'd sell many.
That would be fine with me Barry.

Peas are great animal feed. Not bad for human too.

Not worth a schit formed and pressed and doused in chemicals.
5 Reasons to Avoid Fake Meat (and What to Eat Instead)
by CARRIE FORREST, MPH IN NUTRITION | NOV 25, 2019 (updated: 6/5/21)
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Is fake meat really healthier for you than real meat? Learn these 5 reasons to avoid fake meat and what foods you should be eating instead.

friends with burgers and fries
Fake meat is a plant-based alternative to real meat, made from plant sources of protein like soy or pea protein isolate. Publicly debuted just in the last several years, fake meat is quickly gaining popularity among those looking to reduce their meat consumption.

Fake meat is sold in patty form or in packages similar to real meat and can be found in most major grocery stores nationwide, including specialty grocery stores like Whole Foods.

Fake meat has even been introduced as a plant-based alternative at major restaurant chains like Burger King and Subway.

Fake meat is meant to offer vegans, vegetarians, and other non-meat eaters a “life-like” meat alternative. The creators of various fake meat companies want to offer a non-meat burger that looks, bleeds, cooks, and tastes like real meat.

The creators of fake meat want to present an easy swap to a meatless lifestyle, even ensuring that fake meat is sold alongside real meat in the pre-packaged meat section of the grocery store.

Fake meat also offers a similar macronutrient ratio to real meat, advertising 20 grams of plant protein per serving as an answer to the perennial “vegetarian protein” debate (a 4 ounce serving of beef offers about 21 grams of protein, for comparison). Everything about fake meat is intended to serve as a replacement for real meat.

Contents hide
1 Brands
2 Nutrition Debate
3 5 Reasons to Avoid Fake Meat
4 What to Eat Instead
5 Conclusions
Brands
As of 2019, there are two major fake meat brands competing in the marketplace. These is the Impossible Burger and the Beyond Meat burger which are both sold in major retailers and restaurants nationwide.

Fake meat is a burgeoning industry, with several other brands likely to make their appearance in the near future. Even major meat producers like Tyson are planning to launch plant-based alternatives.

Burgers grilling on a barbecue
Nutrition Debate
The healthfulness of fake meat is heavily debated. Proponents claim it offers a healthier version of meat due to its slightly lower caloric load, while opponents are skeptical of its processed ingredients.

A serving of fake meat has around 250 calories, a minor decrease compared to the 290 calories in a serving of real meat. Aside from this slight caloric difference, fake meat and real meat have similar macronutrient ratios.

Given that the caloric difference is a mere forty calories, proposing fake meat as healthier than real meat based on caloric load alone is not valid. This caloric difference doesn’t even account for the caloric load of lean beef, which comes in at only 200 calories.

Moreover, caloric load is not an indicator of a food’s healthfulness. Instead, a food’s healthfulness can be determined by its nutrient density. 250 calories of processed food does very different things to your body than 250 calories of whole food. Fake meat is not a nutrient-dense food; in fact, it contains ingredients that can actively harm your health.

While real ground beef will supply you with necessary bioavailable B vitamins, iron, zinc, selenium, cholesterol, and saturated fat, Beyond Meat offers none of these vital nutrients except for iron (in the form of non-heme iron, the less bioavailable version of iron). The Impossible Burger offers high levels of certain B vitamins, though these nutrients are synthetically added during production.

You would be so much better off eating a homemade lentil burger or a grass-fed burger instead of the fake stuff.

See my recipe for Air Fryer Hamburgers made without breadcrumbs.

burgers on a platter
5 Reasons to Avoid Fake Meat
While I understand the environmental and ethical reasons around moving away from confined animal feeding operations (CAFOs), the bottom line is that fake meat is not the answer.

The damage to human health from this ultra-processed food could possibly do the same harm or even more harm than factory-farmed meat.

Fake meat cannot replace nutrient-dense real meat. Here are five reasons to reach for your real burger or a bean burger instead.

1. It is ultra-processed
Fake meat is not a whole food. It is a processed conglomeration of already-processed ingredients.

The major ingredient in the Beyond Meat burger is pea protein isolate, a form of protein that involves stripping and processing the nutrients from peas to isolate its protein content.

The Impossible Burger boasts a protein source of soy protein concentrate–another form of protein made from processing a whole food. See more reasons why processed soy may be dangerous.

2. It may not be gluten-free
Other than the large portion of the population underdiagnosed with Celiac disease, even more may have non-Celiac gluten intolerance or sensitivity.

Gluten is a major common allergen and can present problems even for those who can technically tolerate it. A gluten-free diet is optimal for most people so consuming processed foods like fake meat is not ideal.

Just because a food does not contain gluten-containing ingredients does not mean it is gluten-free. If it is processed on shared equipment with products containing gluten, it likely has trace amounts of gluten.

Consuming fake meat could be downright dangerous for those with serious gluten sensitivities, as there is no brand of fake meat that is certified gluten-free at this point.

3. Fake meat is not real food
Fake meat is unrecognizable to our bodies. Heavily processed ingredients like pea protein isolate, soy protein concentrate, canola oil, natural flavors, potassium chloride, dextrose, and synthetic vitamins are not usable by our bodies.

We’re not evolved to properly digest and obtain nutrients from these processed ingredients and chemicals. Whole foods offer bioavailable nutrients that work synergistically in your body. For all of these reasons, fake meats are one of the worst foods for the environment.

Stick with a diet rich in whole, real foods from the earth and the pasture to supply your body with the nutrients and fuel it deserves.

See my list of clean eating foods.

friends at a table with pizza and burgers
4. Fake meat does not have good nutrition value
Fake meat cannot compete with real meat in terms of nutrition. Fake meat is high in sodium, containing at least 16% of your daily requirements (the Impossible Burger and the Beyond Meat burger sodium content.)

Real meat contains only 4% of your daily value of sodium, in comparison. Fake meat is low in overall nutrition. The Beyond Meat burger offers almost no vitamins and minerals, while the nutrients in the Impossible Burger are synthetic.

5. It might make you sick
Our bodies cannot function optimally when we feed them heavily processed, nutrient-stripped foods instead of real, nutrient-dense foods. We are designed to eat plants and meat, not factory-processed products.

Your immune system may take a beating from the gut-harming ingredients like soy, pea protein, canola oil, dextrose, natural flavors, and sunflower lecithin found in these fake meat products.

You’re even more at risk if you have allergies to any of these ingredients. Not to mention that none of the ingredients are certified organic or non-GMO, so you may be burdening your system with toxins.

What to Eat Instead
Instead of falling for marketing and fear-mongering, continue to prioritize real, whole foods in your diet. Here are some healthy options for including meat in your diet.

1. Choose to continue including real meat in your diet
Consumed in moderate amounts, real meat is a healthy choice in a well-rounded diet. If you want meat, choose grass-fed, grass-finished, and preferably organic.

Grass-fed and pasture-raised animals offer superior levels of nutrients and a better Omega-3/Omega-6 fatty acid ratio. Factory farming is good for no one, so support farmers who treat their animals ethically and raise them with proper nutrition and eco-friendly practices in mind.

Pork and chicken skewers on a platter with dipping sauces
2. Opt for plant-based protein instead
While fake meat is marketed as plant-based protein, there’s very little in terms of real plants in those products. If you want a true plant-based option, try a homemade lentil burger or a bean burger!

Even the frozen ones are less processed than fake meat. Or, you can make your own very easily. Bean burgers offer nutrients, fiber, and protein.

3. Consider including only poultry and fish
Depending on your reasons for wanting to decrease or eliminate meat consumption, you may be fine with consuming poultry and fish while forgoing red meat.

Turkey or chicken burgers can be super tasty and nutritious. You can also opt for fish patties if land animals aren’t your style.

Conclusions
Fake meat may seem like a dream come true for meat-conscious eaters, but it falls short of the hype. It is a processed product that is nutritionally inferior to real meat. Processed meats will likely continue to gain steam and be made widely available, though its high price point may stop it from being a realistic alternative for most Americans.

Even if price isn’t a big concern for you, you’re better off investing your money in ethically-raised grass-fed real meat. Your overall health will fare better with real meat or true plant-based alternatives like bean burgers.
The thread is young

But pecos pete or saddleboots sam can say “by God I have never ate a burger, never ate at a burger king, never heard of one, and wouldn’t step foot in one if ya paid me a $1000”

Give it another page or 2
Fake Meat No Substitute For Real Food

September 20, 2019

Seniors in Nursing Homes at Risk of Health Issues Due to This
Your Medical Information Isn’t as Private as You Think
In an effort to compete on taste, meat-free alternatives are being made with excessive amounts of salt, according to new Australian research.

Two and a half million Australians are gobbling up meat-free alternatives such as falafels, vegan pies, meat-free bacon and sausages, but health officials have sounded alarms regarding the salt-laden products, according to Business Insider Australia.

fakemeat
Of nearly 200 meat-free products available in Australia, some had as much as half the recommended salt intake in a single-serving, putting Australians at greater risk of heart attacks, kidney disease and stroke, officials said.

In the U.S., Burger King’s new Impossible Whopper bills itself as 100% whopper, 0% beef. The “burger” is actually an Impossible patty made mostly of soy protein, potato protein, coconut oil, sunflower oil and heme, derived from genetically engineered (GE) yeast.

Highly processed, the Impossible Burger is nothing more than fake food, and certainly not the solution to a sustainable food system.

For your best health and to save the planet, skip the fake meat alternatives and opt for real food that’s being raised the right way — namely grass fed biodynamic meats.

While grass fed meat is considered a niche market today, prior to the 1950s, all cattle were grass fed. Grass farming rejuvenates the soil, produces high-quality food and is a remedy for the many environmental problems caused by factory farms.

Burger King has said it’s not marketing the Impossible Burger to appease vegans and vegetarians, but for those who wish to cut down on their consumption of meat. And the burger chain is certainly not the only one hopping on the fake gravy train. Fake meat items are on the menus at White Castle, McDonald’s, Hard Rock Café, Kentucky Fried Chicken, The Cheesecake Factory, Red Robin, TGI Fridays, Qdoba, Del Taco and more.

Impossible Foods aims to produce vegan alternatives for all traditional animal foods, and the company is already developing vegan dairy and other types of meat, including poultry, pork and fish.

Meat substitutes are not new, and neither are the fake meat controversies. Quorn, a fungus-based ferment that hit the U.S. market in 2002, was originally developed by Imperial Chemical Industries, one of the largest chemical companies in the U.K. The fungus used to make Quorn is Fusarium venenatum —Latin for "venomous."

Since its inception, a number of studies have raised concerns about Quorn's safety, especially in people with food or mold allergies. The Center for Science in the Public Interest continues to maintain an adverse report collection site for Quorn-related illnesses, which include nausea, cramps or diarrhea, vomiting, anaphylactic reactions and death.

A primary ingredient in the Impossible Burger is genetically engineered soy leghemoglobin, which releases a heme-like protein when broken down. This protein is what gives the plant-based patty its meat-like look, taste and texture and makes the patty "bleed" when cooked.

The genetically engineered soy protein contains high levels of the herbicide glyphosate — as the consumer advocacy group Moms Across America (MAA) found out when they tested the Impossible Burger.

Rather than acknowledging that glyphosate in their food could be a problem, Impossible Foods engaged in a smear campaign against MAA, calling it an “anti-science, fundamentalist group that cynically peddles a toxic brew of medical misinformation.”
Regardless of taste, it's really bad for your health.

Popular with the soy-boys.
Originally Posted by slumlord
The thread is young

But pecos pete or saddleboots sam can say “by God I have never ate a burger, never ate at a burger king, never heard of one, and wouldn’t step foot in one if ya paid me a $1000”

Give it another page or 2

Burger King used to be kind of a treat.....15 years ago.

Not sure what happened....maybe just the local ones are garbage now. Much prefer a Big Mac.

By local I mean the ones 150 miles away......

Thats the funny part....its worse for you....and the planet.
I’ve tried it. Not great, not horrible, just kinda ok. Texture is a bit off, flavor is a bit off. Put some trimming on it and it’s fine.

Wouldn’t order one on purpose.
Posted By: skeen Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Anyone try it? How does it taste?

With a side of chips.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
You can smell those things cooking on the grill from a block away.

And that's not a good thing.
And the "green" crowd pitches a fit over anything in agriculture that they perceive as GMO!!
What morons!
GMO includes crossbreeding, if you have the most basic understanding.
To answer the original question, no.
And that's only Part One of that story!
If you've ever eaten lunch in a public school cafeteria, you've probably had a pickup truck load of soy burger and other fake meat. It's been around for at least a couple of decades, probably much longer.
I remember them serving (on the QT) horse meat in our high school cafeteria - wasn't bad!
I've tried them, they're ok, not great. MY wife loves them. Our local Burger Kings are so poorly managed, & staffed, that's its a pain to go there. MY wife buys the same FAKE MEAT at Krogers, & cooks them at home. I had to stop that, for me. She can eats what she wants.
Back about 74, it was common to dilute beef burger with soybean meal.
How does it taste?
I'm assuming it tastes like plants trying to be meat, but that's an assumption because I refuse to eat such a thing.
We also raise soybeans. laugh
Posted By: Kenlguy Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
I won't eat that schitt merely out of principle.
Burger King used to be kind of a treat.
I still have a vivid memory of my first Whopper. It was fantastic. I was like eight or nine years old.

I was the last drop off on the school bus home, and in consideration of this, the lady bus driver who I had all year promised me that on the last day of school, she would treat me to a Whopper, since I had never had one. She was good on her promise.
The contentions that beef and other red meat are bad for you are complete bullshit. Food is becoming a divisive political issue, and if you consider the potential implications of that, it's pretty sobering.
Originally Posted by mark shubert
And the "green" crowd pitches a fit over anything in agriculture that they perceive as GMO!!
What morons!
GMO includes crossbreeding, if you have the most basic understanding.
Actually, anti-GMO is a right wing phenomenon. And, no, it's not the same as crossbreeding. Not even close. It's Frankenfood, developed in laboratories. It's direct gene manipulation, not crossbreeding or selecting for the best strains.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
The contentions that beef and other red meat are bad for you are complete bullshit. Food is becoming a divisive political issue, and if you consider the potential implications of that, it's pretty sobering.
This.
Posted By: EdM Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22

Like Tesla's.
Originally Posted by EdM

Like Tesla's.

Is that true?
Posted By: Remsen Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Because of my religious observance, I'm limited in when and how I can eat meat. So, for me, a fake meat burger often is the equivalent of a bad-for-you fast food meal. I've eaten fake burgers ranging from the inedible to the passable, and not a single one ever reminded me of a real meat burger.

They serve a purpose for many people who, for whatever reason, are limited in how and when they can eat meat, but they sure as heck are NOT meat. Were it not for my particular reasons for eating fake meat, I'd never touch the stuff.
Originally Posted by Remsen
Because of my religious observance, I'm limited in when and how I can eat meat. So, for me, a fake meat burger often is the equivalent of a bad-for-you fast food meal. I've eaten fake burgers ranging from the inedible to the passable, and not a single one ever reminded me of a real meat burger.

They serve a purpose for many people who, for whatever reason, are limited in how and when they can eat meat, but they sure as heck are NOT meat. Were it not for my particular reasons for eating fake meat, I'd never touch the stuff.

Can you put cheese on a veggie burger?
Posted By: hookeye Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by Kenlguy
I won't eat that schitt merely out of principle.

Exactly.
The lady giving out samples of fake meat said scientists have figured out how to turn plants into meat. I said big deal, cows figured out how to do it thousands of years ago.

Bb

Only if you order the chocolate milkshake with 'em! laugh

One of the only benefits for me to eating fake meat is that the prohibition on mixing dairy and meat doesn't apply. I've never had cheese on a meat burger and I've rarely eaten a fake meat burger without cheese. I happen to love cheese, so the fake burger basically is a platform for eating cheese.

One of the only benefits for me to eating fake meat is that the prohibition on mixing dairy and meat doesn't apply. I've never had cheese on a meat burger and I've rarely eaten a fake meat burger without cheese. I happen to love cheese, so the fake burger basically is a platform for eating cheese.

That's kinda what I thought.

Cool.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Does eating one cause a manbun to sprout out of the top of one's head? I have concerns.
Sacrilege.

It should be illegal.

Bravo Jim!!!
All of this and more.
I'd rather go hungry.
F#$k those people.🖕
I’ve never seen so much handwringing over a fugkin sandwich. Lol.
I can't help but wonder how much of our tax money was and is spent on fake meat of some sort?

Fake meat is agriculture related too. Wonder if they realize that?
I happen to love cheese, so the fake burger basically is a platform for eating cheese.

Agreed- - - - -nothing better than a good grilled ham and Swiss on rye bread, right?
Posted By: super T Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
These so-called burgers are another part of the green tyranny being forced on us worldwide and must be resisted. The green tyranny mob is destroying farmers worldwide. Fuel and fertilizer costs are direct result of their plan to force changes on the rest of us.
Posted By: sidepass Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Thinking you add 3 slices of real cheese and a 1/2 lb of bacon then maybe.
The hypocrisy blinders that leftists wear are very effective. They loudly promote environmental awareness and natural foods, only to also loudly promote these laboratory-made fake foods comprised of polysyllabic synthetic protein. All because the stuff is advertised as "plant-derived."

When will they realize that real meat is plant-derived? Grass, corn, soybeans, and malted barley are transformed into meat by cattle.
Originally Posted by super T
These so-called burgers are another part of the green tyranny being forced on us worldwide and must be resisted. The green tyranny mob is destroying farmers worldwide. Fuel and fertilizer costs are direct result of their plan to force changes on the rest of us.
Bingo!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
It requires more energy to create a fake burger patty than it creates when eaten.
It also requires more water to create one than it does to create a real one.
They ruin small engines.
They do not provide the same mileage as real ones.
They are killing off all of the birds.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by super T
Bingo!

+1

😂

When I first moved to Jerusalem I was doing clinicals at Haddasah hospital and I put a pita with turkey and cheese in it in the employee fridge. Someone found it and turned it in. They responded like it was a dirty bomb. They were so worked up about it I never owned up to it being my sandwich. I didn't want to get deported my first week there. I learned to like falafel.

Bb
Posted By: hookeye Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by MadMooner
I’ve never seen so much handwringing over a fugkin sandwich. Lol.

Its not the sandwich.

Its the cult pushing the sandwich.

And your belly aint all theyre gonna mess with.
Nope. It’s a sandwich. Eat it or don’t.

Tyranny…..sheesh.
Posted By: rainshot Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
So if we have good beef why would we want to eat fake beef? Make you glow in the dark or what?
Posted By: drover Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Why would someone want to pay more for a burger made out of fake meat when a buger with real meat can be bought cheaper?

disclosure - I did try an impossible buger a couple of years ago and it certainly was not as good tasting as real meat.

drover
Posted By: rainshot Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
As for the Jews, why would they be offended by a turkey sandwich?
School soy-burgers were pretty damn good.

I mean that was probably the best meal I was going to get all day

Old man was an E-4 when I was a kid.

We didn’t have 200 acres, a co-cola route, a gravey making meemaw up on the hill.

Grandparents were loaded but they lived a thousand miles a way no matter where the army sent us.

All I ever remember was having cereal and no milk, cinnamon sugar toast.

We didn’t have 200 acres, a co-cola route, a gravey making meemaw up on the hill.

Grandparents were loaded but they lived a thousand miles a way no matter where the army sent us.

Very poor planning on your part.
When I was flipping hamburgers at Wendys 16 years old.
Occasionally some weirdo female would come inside the front dining. She wanted a ‘veggie burger’

I was like what the hell? I didn’t know all that chit back then. The manager told me to “run it through the garden, no patty” lol mmmkay

I wish I could have told her: You miss it you fouck dont you??? 🤪😃
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I was 6 years old.

I learned from those experiences.
Originally Posted by rainshot

The problem was not the turkey, it was the combination of turkey with cheese.

There is a biblical prohibition on eating "a kid seethed in its mother's milk", which apparently was a way that meat was cooked back in pre-biblical times. It was considered a horribly cruel thing. While the biblical prohibition doesn't say you can't eat dairy and meat, the subsequent interpretations of the biblical passage made it so.

The weird thing is that we can eat fish with dairy and we can eat eggs with dairy, but meat from land-dwelling animals and birds of all types is subject to the prohibition.
They have cloven hooves.
Originally Posted by 5sdad

I was 6 years old.

I learned from those experiences.

Was meant as sarcasm for those who feel that everyone should have achieved those things (naturally, all through their own intelligence and work).
When I was flipping hamburgers at Wendys 16 years old.
I worked at Wendy's when I was 16, too.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22

If vegetables are so damned good, why isn’t someone trying to make meat taste like broccoli?
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Are you talking about the product at the supermarket?
Or the impossible Burger that Burger King sells?
I've had both.
Properly doctored up it's hard to tell the difference from real Hamburg.
dave

And good morning...!
Yeah, that’s the ticket, cover the schit out of it in order to mask the flavor and the texture, then claim “tit ain’t bad”
Idiot
Posted By: deflave Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
My oldest daughter went vegan for a while.

I used the eating of an Impossible Burger as an example of why America would not exist without red meat and squat racks.

She has since renounced her worship of lies.

- #1 Dad

Part of their kosher laws I believe. For some reason they don't allow meat with cheese. You can have meat or cheese on a sandwich just not meat and cheese together on the same sandwich. Good thing I didn't go ham and cheese or I'm pretty sure they would have had the mossad track me down. They really did make a big deal out of it and got security involved. I just quietly wandered off and went hungry that day.

Bb
If I'm going to be paying 7-8 bucks for a Burger , if going to have meat in it!
Originally Posted by shrapnel

If vegetables are so damned good, why isn’t someone trying to make meat taste like broccoli?
Because they are too busy making broccoli tastes me cheese!
Never tried one. It's a road I don't want to go down
Originally Posted by moosemike
But, but, but if you cover the schit out of it with real food “tit ain’t bad”
Have you ever tried it?
Gross.
Posted By: deflave Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Have you ever tried it?

To be honest, I think if you did the Pepsi Challenge with them maybe 2 out of 10 people would be able tot tell you which is which.

And those would be the people that frequent Burger King for the standard issue type.
Itit ain't bad
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by moosemike
But, but, but if you cover the schit out of it with real food “tit ain’t bad”

You ever see what those crazy commies in Chicago do to a hotdog?!?

Tyranny!!!

You own a burga keen?

Man I got some questions

Nah man. You can buy Impossible Burger Pattie’s (or non-Pattied bulk…. Stuff) by the case from a Broadline distributer like Sysco. Yeah, we have one on the menu. And yeah, it sells. Not as much as beef burgers, but it’s there for the snowflakes.
Posted By: rong Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Originally Posted by Burleyboy

Part of their kosher laws I believe. For some reason they don't allow meat with cheese. You can have meat or cheese on a sandwich just not meat and cheese together on the same sandwich. Good thing I didn't go ham and cheese or I'm pretty sure they would have had the mossad track me down. They really did make a big deal out of it and got security involved. I just quietly wandered off and went hungry that day.

Bb

Begs the question,who was digging thru the lunches to see that you had some cheese with your Turkey,,,,,(unless the wrapper was labeled )
Because the mention of “vege burgers” has been made, I’ll
say this - I’ve had/tried them ALL. Came up with my own even. They all suck WAY worse than the impossible patty. Way worse. As I said before, and now repeat, I am not going out anywhere wanting to buy my myself an impossible burger, BUT, the attempt at mimicking a beef patty is kind of a remarkable achievement. And it smokes anything else on the market previously or currently available, that ISNT the real thing.
Posted By: colodog Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
I've not had an Impossible burger.

When I want a healthier fast food option I skip the Mayo, skip the fries, skip the soda....I enjoy a real meat burger.

The sheep don't care, they think it's healthier because they are too stupid to look it up.
I bought a 10 pound box of frozen 1/6th pound real beef paddies for $29 the other day. Quarter pounders are too big for my smaller kids and just end up as bonus day for the dog. The 1/6th pounders on a smaller bun aren't bad. Throw 2 on for adults just don't use the giant sesame seed buns. I get ones that are about half way between a slider and a full size and the kids love these burgers with a slice of cheese and 2 slices of bacon.

Beef is a great utilization of all the grass and range land that would otherwise burn off. Ranchers produce a lot of good food off of land that would otherwise go unutilized. Are they going to start planting all the blm land with soy beans to feed everyone after they ban real meat. A lot of feed is used raising beef but there's also a lot of weight put on grazing land that would otherwise be overgrown and burn off. Seems like the lefties would rather see it burn than be used as feed. Ranchers know how to manage the land better than the lefties do.

Everyone should enjoy a little red meet once in a while. $3 a pound burgers makes it still possible for us. Steaks have gotten a little pricey. It seems like the only ones who can afford the big packs of ribeyes or new Yorks are those on food stamps. Lady in front of us at Costco had a biggish pack of prime ribeyes for almost $90.

My 8 year old daughter was asking why we never get those. I told her to go secretly watch what kind of card she uses to pay for it. My daughter came back and said what's an idaho ebt card? So I explained food stamps.

Bb
Posted By: Dutch Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
So, which offends the Great Spirit worse: Impossible burgers, or turkey bacon?
Originally Posted by Dutch
So, which offends the Great Spirit worse: Impossible burgers, or turkey bacon?
Both are abominations.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Never had one and not gonna! 🤢

It seems like the best review here is……it’s not bad.
Posted By: 1minute Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
Once by accident. About 2 years ago.
Posted By: shrapnel Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/17/22
I drove up to the window and asked the girl what the impossible burger was and she told me. I said that I didn't want that and she said "No you don't!"
Have you ever tried it?
Idiot
Posted By: dave7mm Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/18/22
Originally Posted by steve4102
Have you ever tried it?
Idiot
I didn't think so.
We get all our beef off family that farm land on all sides of our place. Cousin knows how to raise good beef. Can not think of any reason I would knowingly eat fake meat.
Not into it
Posted By: IA_fog Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/18/22
Impossible burger ranks right with hotdogs no f——— way
Had hotdogs as a kid never again
Had a soy burger once never have or will have a fake meat one
Posted By: GregW Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/18/22
Who in the hell would eat a fake food product full of chemicals and support the lefty agenda to boot? Par for the course though these days .
Posted By: deflave Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/18/22
Originally Posted by GregW
Who in the hell would eat a fake food product full of chemicals and support the lefty agenda to boot? Par for the course though these days .

Bagel munchers.

That’s who.
Originally Posted by GregW

^^^This^^^

AOC, that dumb horse faced bitch, wants to kill all the cattle. You know, them cow farts are killing us. 🤪😡
I bet AOC is quite the meat eater.
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/18/22
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin
I bet AOC is quite the meat eater.
I agree
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/18/22
Needs a distended rectum.

That I, for one, would be pleased to work on.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/18/22
I see a trend developing here. laugh
Posted By: deltakid Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/18/22
My God man, do you not realize how many innocent plants gave their life for your impossible burger?
Posted By: Tyrone Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/18/22
I see a trend developing here. laugh
Stick to making soy sauce with those beans. smile
All burger should contain meat - Deer is our preference.

Say no to chemical cocktails & Bill [bleep] Gates !

Posted By: wabigoon Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/18/22
Possible beef![Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: gunchamp Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/18/22
Sacrilege.

It should be illegal.

All of this right here. Beef is far better for you. Vege burgers are highly processed chemical patties
Originally Posted by gunchamp
All of this right here. Beef is far better for you. Vege burgers are highly processed chemical patties
This.
Posted By: Raeford Re: The, "Impossible Burger"? - 07/18/22
I'm good, thanks
Just going to leave this here.

https://i.postimg.cc/6Ts9d9P9/829f856ff6141d2e.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/wx5HPdns/08dd3b6f128279cc.jpg

Also, I'm having trouble re-locating an article about the pea protein in this stuff being a waste product from food processing plants in China
© 24hourcampfire