Home
Posted By: DMc Any Arizona Members here? - 07/23/22
Kari Lake for the win!!!
Posted By: CCCC Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/23/22
This is going to a very interesting election in AZ - Senate seat needs a Kelly removed, some tough competition and tougher advertising on the Guv contest, Congressional seat or two hotly contested and some nasty negative advertising there, too.

We need the best folks to come out on top and to then DO what they say they will do. Forget the politically hungry ones.
Yep, pence is here for her competition. No Bueno!
Posted By: Owl Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/23/22
My opinion is that it's going to be a very tight race between Robson & Lake. Robson seems to be outspending Lake on flyers, and local advertising.
Posted By: Owl Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/23/22
BY KEVIN STONE
KTAR.com
PHOENIX — Karrin Taylor Robson spent about $9 million more than Kari Lake from April to June as Arizona’s Republican gubernatorial primary race heated up, according to campaign finance reports.

Taylor Robson reported spending about $10.4 million while Lake listed approximately $1.4 million in their second-quarter campaign finance reports, which were due to the Arizona Secretary of State’s Office by last Friday.

However, Lake entered the final month of the race with more cash on hand — $400,000-$91,000 — and the polling lead despite Taylor Robson pouring millions of her own money into the race.

Taylor Robson loaned her campaign $9.4 million from April to June while, putting her self-funding total at more than $13 million. She also raised $723,000 in individual contributions and $5,750 from political action committees.

Lake, meanwhile, took in $1.1 million in contributions in the second quarter and hasn’t used loans to support her run.

Statewide and legislative candidates have until Saturday to file their final finance reports (covering July 1-16) before the Aug. 2 primary election.

Voters will have the final word on whether Taylor Robson’s investment was worthwhile. Polls have shown her gaining ground since April — but not by much, even with the withdrawal of former U.S. Rep. Matt Salmon from the race and his ensuing endorsement.

Lake has been the front-runner throughout the race, boosted by her name recognition as a longtime local news anchor and an early endorsement from former President Donald Trump last year.

Lake’s lead was 7 percentage points, 29%-22%, in an OH Predictive Insights poll of likely Republican primary voters conducted in early April. Both candidates picked up support as Election Day drew closer, with Taylor Robson pulling 2 points closer, to 40%-35%, in polling conducted days before the July 6 start of early voting and shortly after Salmon dropped out. The latest poll also showed 21% still unsure about their preference.

Taylor Robson entered the race as a relatively unknown housing developer and member of the Arizona Board of Regents, the appointed body that governs the state’s three public university.

She has used her family’s wealth to help boost her profile. Her husband, 91-year-old Ed Robson, amassed a fortune building master-planned retirement communities.

Taylor Robson also has picked up a string of high-profile endorsers, including Vice President Mike Pence and the man she wants to succeed, term-limited Gov. Doug Ducey.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/23/22
So this Robson lady is 56/57 years old or so, with a 91 year old husband?

Has spent $9.4 million from April to June of her own money (can't get any from the voters?)

Does anyone there think a gold digger like that will represent the interests of the general public?

Sheesh.
The Robsons’ are freaking loaded. Developed retirement communities all over the place. She’s saying the right things, but just doesn’t seem aggressive enough to fight. Comes across as someone that would reach across the aisle and shake hands to keep the peace.

Lake has my vote.
Posted By: krp Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/23/22
I hope Lake isn't all talk and playing to the Trump contingent for votes.

Ducey has always been a Rino and a not a friend of conservatism.

Kent
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/23/22
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Same here but why would anyone spend millions of dollars of their own money to become governor. Besides, if Pence endorses her, I will not vote for her.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/23/22
Lake has my vote.
PJ
Originally Posted by 45_100
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Same here but why would anyone spend millions of dollars of their own money to become governor. Besides, if Pence endorses her, I will not vote for her.
Power.

and More Money. (Lobbyist for the Developers Industry down the line?)

She's young enough to run for Senate if she wins the goobernor's seat too.

I'm not betting against the Repub Establishment having told her to put up her own cash to see how loyal she is, and they'll throw the heavyweights (Pence, Doucy) in to back her. If she gets in, they've got a stooge. If she loses their coffers ain't out much and they can use the money to get more RINO's elected in other places.
Did that rescheduled Trump rally come off or was it postponed again?
The Trump Rally was packed. People waited all day in 100+ heat to get in. Kari Lake was there. She is well known in Arizona for her previous job as newscaster on channel 10 Phoenix. Reportedly 20 points ahead of Robson, the RINO POS. The 2020 election was stolen from Trump, and the only one talking about it is Lake. I’m afraid it will happen again.
Sad state of affairs when we talk about winning to terms of money spent.

Sadly, a gold digger would fit right into state/national politics.

Someone send a ballet to me here in Minn. I'm going to vote for Lake.
Even though I get 1 or 2 flyers from Robson a day in the mail, I don't waste any time giving her any credibility. Lake will be the Republican candidate.

It's Lake against Hobbs in the general election.

Kent
When it comes to Arizona demographics...never forget that there is a significant population of old f...ks like myself who came from someplace wet and cold, with the intent to die where it's warm and dry. They never did participate in the real Arizona economy, schools, business. They get direct deposit, they watch MSM news (and believe it), go to the doctor, the post office and grocery store, that is their 'life'. How do I know these things? I am related to several of them. This election will be influenced heavily by them, God help us.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
When it comes to Arizona demographics...never forget that there is a significant population of old f...ks like myself who came from someplace wet and cold, with the intent to die where it's warm and dry. They never did participate in the real Arizona economy, schools, business. They get direct deposit, they watch MSM news (and believe it), go to the doctor, the post office and grocery store, that is their 'life'. How do I know these things? I am related to several of them. This election will be influenced heavily by them, God help us.

Yup. And a bunch live here, so they’ll give out their “loyalty” vote.

https://www.robson.com/communities/
Let's see.........

Taylor-Robson.. lawyer, ass shot full of nickles, husband has one foot on a banana peel, supportd by Douchey and all the rinos, comes from a very well connected political family, supported by Pence.

Kari Lake.. endorsed by the real President, Donald Trump, hates Katie Hobbs, she is a former democrat, was "suspended" in her former job as a news anchor twice for telling the truth, says that the Jan. 6 "trial" is a sham.

Pretty sure I know who I'll vote for.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/23/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Power.

and More Money. (Lobbyist for the Developers Industry down the line?)

She's young enough to run for Senate if she wins the goobernor's seat too.

I'm not betting against the Repub Establishment having told her to put up her own cash to see how loyal she is, and they'll throw the heavyweights (Pence, Doucy) in to back her. If she gets in, they've got a stooge. If she loses their coffers ain't out much and they can use the money to get more RINO's elected in other places.

Your explanation makes perfect sense.
Posted By: g5m Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/23/22
Lake will likely be the general candidate.

When she quit her job as a newscaster she said she was tired of having to tell the lies.
Transplants are a problem in the general election, they aren't going to vote much in the primary.

Kent
Originally Posted by krp
Transplants are a problem in the general election, they aren't going to vote much in the primary.

Kent
The 'Active Early Voting List' system in AZ makes it pretty easy to vote while watching CNN without getting out of the Laz Z Boy.
In 2020 36.44% of registered voters turned out for the primary and 79.9% for the general election. Typically nonpresidential election years the primary loses about 3 percentage points.

Much of that is because new comers know when the second tuesday of november is, but don't know when the primary is or even care.

Another interesting tidbit is Az is still a republican state... 34.47%... independent 33.63%... democrat 31.09%... That's from the secretary of state website, Kattie Hobbs herself april 2022.

No Biden didn't win here.

Kent
Posted By: CCCC Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/23/22
From all seen so far, I would not favor Robson for more than one reason - but even with her heavy smear ads against Lake I am not going beat on her rep. Politics just rotten all over the place these days.

Some here are quick to say "gold digger" - but that may be dumb. Yes, the Robson outfit did a great job of becoming wealthy through land and property development - during a time when that has been BIG activity in AZ - opportunistic - and they were not the only ones. Who among us know her reason for marrying the guy much older - even a prosperous guy - and staying married, and birthing his kids, and raising them after he died. Am not saying she is saintly or anything else praiseworthy, but am not going to throw stones at her character because she may be a political Rino.

I do hope that Lake wins this one.
Posted By: Jim270 Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/23/22
According to the emails that I get from the Lake Campaign (I ordered a hat and a bumper sticker, and at one time made a 25.00 donation), she was so far ahead in the polls all she was focused on was beating Hobbs. Then Robson started in with the negative ads, so she had to turn her focus on that. Robson is definitely out spending her about 9 to 1, thus the 2-3 emails I get a week asking for money. I will vote for which ever Republican that wins the primary in the general election. I'm pretty sure that Lake will take the primary, but I've been wrong before.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/24/22
By all indications Kari Lake had a promising career ahead of her in broadcasting. She didn't like what was happening in that business and bailed out to try and make a difference. She saw the error of her ways in supporting the magic knee grow and switched sides.
We all complain about the media being the propaganda wing of the DNC. Here is someone who gave that up to run for governor of the state. Admittedly her presence in broadcasting gives her name recognition. That is important in politics. The fact that Pence and Douchy don't support her makes her even more credible. Not sure Trump's support puts her over the line but it doesn't hurt.
I hope you guys are right. I don't trust Lake to follow through but i hope she does. If i were still registered inAZ i would vote Robson this point. Lake has been quite invisible during the past 6 months
Posted By: CCCC Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/24/22
Dennis, what do you like in the proven performance of Robson that you don't find in Lake?
Posted By: g5m Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/24/22
Have there been any numbers of attendance seen about the Lake-Trump and the Robson-Pence rallies? I've looked and haven't seen any.
Robson is a known quantity. Lake is an enigma. She was card carrying democrat and suddenly switched sides. Maybe she's the real deal but we have been burned before; think Souter and Roberts
Posted By: krp Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/24/22
Originally Posted by g5m
Have there been any numbers of attendance seen about the Lake-Trump and the Robson-Pence rallies? I've looked and haven't seen any.

300 attendees according to azcentral.

Kent
Yes
At the time of the article Trump's rally hadn't started yet.

Kent
Posted By: g5m Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/24/22
Thanks. I finally found it and then an article that said there were 'thousands' at the Lake-Trump rally. I had searched this morning and found nada.

Interesting.
Dennis, she was married to Gene Taylor, any relation to the Taylor's on 39th way that lived next to my family?

Kent
Karrin married Robson in 2017, no big deal they were in the same real estate circles, she graduated ASU and went into real estate law. Local Mesa girl. Ducey almost had her finish out McCain's term when he died instead of McSally. Ducey appointed her to the board of regents in 2017 and again in 2020.

Ducey has been a terrible gov, I knew about him when he was ceo of coldstone creamery from a friend. I was hoping he would prove me wrong but turned out exactly like I figured. Robson has been under his wings at least 5 years.

No thank you...

Kent
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/24/22
I googled several articles on the Trump/Lake rally and the Pence/Robson rally. Apparently there were thousands at the Trump rally, even some people from out of state. Never saw an estimate for the Pence rally. One article made it very clear Robson is the darling of the Republican Party and Lake is not. My vote is for Lake in the primary.
Posted By: Jim270 Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/24/22
I'm sure the libs and the Rinos would love to see Robson win the primary, as Hobbs would have a better chance of beating her. I read where Trump called out Rusty Bowers for being a Rino coward.
All I know is I can’t wait for the Primary to end! 6-8 flyers everyday and 5+ phone calls!!!
Getting old for sure
Kari Lake is like the high-risk investment with the potential for high payout or complete loss. If she wins the primary she should have no trouble in general election
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/25/22
Originally Posted by Jim270
I'm sure the libs and the Rinos would love to see Robson win the primary, as Hobbs would have a better chance of beating her. I read where Trump called out Rusty Bowers for being a Rino coward.

That's the impression I got from reading those articles.
Posted By: krp Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/25/22
It's a disgrace the way Ducey handled the election irregularities and basically didn't do anything about it.

If we can't have honest elections where my one vote isn't canceled or possibly changed with the blessing of establishment politicians on both sides. Then nothing else matters.

I want someone that will stomp around and talk/act tough on this issue... not cowtow to the powers that tell them to look the other way.

Kent
Kari Lake is perfect for AZ. She has gumption, looks, and is well versed. She cruises to a win.
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/25/22
If she’s willing to spend damn near 10 million of her own money she must figure on doubling it if elected
Her husband is a billionaire... he earned it himself, not taking a shot at him, just 10 million isn't a lot to them. I would have more respect for 'her' if it hadn't been spent on attack ads.

Kent
When is the primary vote?
Tuesday Aug 2

Kent
Posted By: rainshot Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 07/25/22
If Pence supports Robson you can bet she's a leftist. Pence's entire staff were leftist criminals.
Lake might be in trouble. Down 10 points with 45% reported.
Rigged again from the get go. You are not going to change things at the ballot box. At least early voting ballot boxes.
Posted By: krp Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 08/03/22
Lake is up with 80% reporting, Only place Robson has a lead is 3000 votes in Maricopa county, rest of the state is Lake.

Kent
Going to be a photo finish. Now 88% in and has a 2 point lead.

She was up in every poll. My beloved Arizona has turned into an election fraud hotbed! Hoping the last 12% are rural votes!
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: krp Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 08/03/22
Yep, doing the math Robson would have to get 65% of the remaining votes to tie Lake.

Robson got her big vote % early, Lake is leading in the late counts.

Only way Robson wins now is after count vote manipulation.

Kent
Fingers crossed!
Watching the returns last night you would have thought Robson was already the winner. And the talking heads were ecstatic. Fast forward to this morning and with Lake in the lead all the news readers (including the station she previously worked at) couldn't hide their disappointment.
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 08/03/22
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard

Remember this is the Republican primary. Based on what I know about Arizona politics, I think this map is probably accurate. When it comes to the actual election, I expect Pima and Coconino counties will go for the Democrap candidate. Maricopa County will decide the election.
Posted By: Futura Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 08/03/22
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Kari Lake is like the high-risk investment with the potential for high payout or complete loss. If she wins the primary she should have no trouble in general election

Remember when Arizona elected Janet Napolitano in the 90’s?
Posted By: las Re: Any Arizona Members here? - 08/03/22
Are the wrecker yard trunk votes in yet?
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard

Remember this is the Republican primary. Based on what I know about Arizona politics, I think this map is probably accurate. When it comes to the actual election, I expect Pima and Coconino counties will go for the Democrap candidate. Maricopa County will decide the election.

Yup, the Phoenix metro area will decide the next Governor for Arizona
© 24hourcampfire