Home
Posted By: Houston_2 Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/23/22
The 6th largest company in the world by market capitalization of 864 billion$ compared to Ford and GM at just over 50 billion$ each .

The Street.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/23/22
Do you just regurgitate everything that pops up on your phone?
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/23/22
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Do you just regurgitate everything that pops up on your phone?

Yup.

#jimmyolsen

#đźš‚đźš‚TootToot
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/23/22
Ignore is so nice when you have a dedicated following of low IQ moths to the flame!

Laughing!
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/23/22
Careful laughing with your double mask on OldToot......
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Ignore is so nice when you have a dedicated following of low IQ moths to the flame!

Laughing!
You need new material.
You’re boringly predictable.
Providing entertainment for low IQ is so easy and they come just as you know that they will while trying so hard to hide their shortcomings!

It’s a beautiful thing and public service.

Controlled and owned!
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/23/22
Tesla has been the biggest scam on Wall Street for years. Congratulations to the people who have made money on it but it's about 1,000% over priced.
Providing entertainment for low IQ is so easy and they come just as you know that they will while trying so hard to hide their shortcomings!

It’s a beautiful thing and public service.

Controlled and owned!
“Low IQ”

I seem to remember that was a favorite of elktooter as well.
Posted By: kolofardos Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/23/22
Here you go Toot:[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Tesla has been the biggest scam on Wall Street for years. Congratulations to the people who have made money on it but it's about 1,000% over priced.

With some serious competition cranking up from the Big3 and on top of that we now have China and India with their own national versions of EVs.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/23/22
If you google " tesla market capitalization", it appears that the OP is right. You'll see dozens of charts that back it up. I don't know beans about big finance, though. I don't know what market capitalization means or how it's calculated.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I don't know what market capitalization means or how it's calculated.
If you sold all available shares at today's price, how much money is that.

Tesla's market cap is 1,500% that of GM and GM sells 700% more vehicles than Tesla.

Tesla's market cap is 1,500% that of GM and GM sells 700% more vehicles than Tesla.

That’s quite a perspective in differences of productivity.

The Big 3 have sometimes in the past been described as mere Social Institutions that happens to sell vehicles as a sideline.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/23/22
If he had any education, he'd know where to put a dollar sign.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
You risk being put into the low IQ howler bin with such pronouncements.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/23/22
They damned sure did it without me.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/23/22

I agree, but it has killed more bears than Davy Crockett.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

My apologies RR. I was distracted while watching a satellite launch.
Originally Posted by RJY66
That's the thing about cult stocks. Either ride the wave and hope you get lucky, or just stay out of the way.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/24/22
Originally Posted by RJY66
That's the thing about cult stocks. Either ride the wave and hope you get lucky, or just stay out of the way.

There was a time when pundits said, “ the market is open at 9:00am and closes later the same evening. Anytime in between is a good time to buy Microsoft “.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/24/22

The Big 3 have sometimes in the past been described as mere Social Institutions that happens to sell vehicles as a sideline.

The "Big 3":

*Aren't: The top three automakers in the world are VW, Toyota and Renault, in that order.
*Their production is consistently shrinking year over year. (Tesla is growing at a consistent rate of about 50% per year for the last five years, and will be larger than Stellantis in about a year and a half).

Unless something very unusual happens to reverse the 40 year trend of the "big three" of declining unit sales, in today's hyper innovative environment, the best company to compare them to is Kodak. "Look at our pretty film and paper! What do you mean, digital?". Lights out in a decade.

On the other hand, Tesla is doubling it's production every 18 months in cars, and has industry leading position is battery storage (megapacks) and electric demand / supply management (via Autobidder).

If you don't think Tesla is worth it, it happens to be one of the most shorted stocks in the market. It's also the stock short sellers have lost more money on than any other.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/24/22
Originally Posted by Dutch

The "Big 3":

*Aren't: The top three automakers in the world are VW, Toyota and Renault, in that order.
*Their production is consistently shrinking year over year. (Tesla is growing at a consistent rate of about 50% per year for the last five years, and will be larger than Stellantis in about a year and a half).

Unless something very unusual happens to reverse the 40 year trend of the "big three" of declining unit sales, in today's hyper innovative environment, the best company to compare them to is Kodak. "Look at our pretty film and paper! What do you mean, digital?". Lights out in a decade.

On the other hand, Tesla is doubling it's production every 18 months in cars, and has industry leading position is battery storage (megapacks) and electric demand / supply management (via Autobidder).

If you don't think Tesla is worth it, it happens to be one of the most shorted stocks in the market. It's also the stock short sellers have lost more money on than any other.

Tesla is the big one to shoot at and emulate no doubt but the rest ain’t exactly sleeping.

About all of those companies you’ve mentioned have their own versions of EVs.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/24/22
“The big 3” have historically enjoyed a significant amount of brand loyalty which ain’t nothin’.

Just like bars in a small town….there’s enough room for the ones operating successfully now. Tesla appeals to a certain subset of EV drivers while the “big 3” are marketed for the masses. If the B3 focus more on functional utility and practical applications, as they’ve done with internal combustion engines, they’ll continue to be successful, retain their customer loyalty and increase their brand recognition.
By last count, there are 86 companies currently producing EV's, several times more than ICE manufacturers, and the number is growing with new outfits coming out of the woodwork (Hello, Apple!).

The issue is not that the "big 3" are also producing EV's, the issue is that we are in one of those periods in history where innovation is occuring at an extremely rapid pace.

When ICE cars first became mainstream, in the WWI era, there were somewhere in the 2,000 different "car" brands on the market IN THE US. By the 30's that was down to 88, and by the end of the 60's, it was down to 18.

Will EV's be the new ICE? Will it be fuel cells? Apple mobile... ? (Please, God, No)

The big 3 most definitely have customer loyalty and "advantages"...... so did KODAK. With small niche outfits trying the very latest in technology at breakneck speed and behemoth's like Apple (Budget: larger than the country of Egypt) throwing R&D money around like they are in Congress.... those advantages may not be a significant factor in the outcome.
Posted By: Tesoro Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/24/22
Read up on Tessla selling its excess carbon credits to the big 3 and Fiat. If it were not for those revenues it would be banko
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/24/22
Originally Posted by Tesoro
Read up on Tessla selling its excess carbon credits to the big 3 and Fiat. If it were not for those revenues it would be banko

No they wouldn't. (assuming you mean "bankrupt" and just don't write well).

Tesla has been reporting their revenue from regulatory credits as a distinct line for at least a couple of years. Their first profitable quarter excluding those was a year ago, and this past quarter they were down to 20% of profit.
Posted By: tikka77 Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/24/22
Elon has done well for himself, He is not one of my favorite people but i admired i thrive for success.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/24/22
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Careful laughing with your double mask on OldToot......

And a dick in his mouth.
Posted By: EdM Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/24/22
I saw a Rivian R1T yesterday. The first I have seen. A lot going on there it seems.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

No they wouldn't. (assuming you mean "bankrupt" and just don't write well).

Tesla has been reporting their revenue from regulatory credits as a distinct line for at least a couple of years. Their first profitable quarter excluding those was a year ago, and this past quarter they were down to 20% of profit.

Nothing I cant stand more than some dude who thinks grammar on a bullshite forum needs to be graded like it is a high school essay. If you ever wrote one.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/24/22
Nothing I cant stand more than some dude who thinks grammar on a bullshite forum needs to be graded like it is a high school essay.

My experience is that people who become defensive over their poor command of one of the primary means of communication are also undisciplined slobs in most other parts of their lives.

For example, rather than learn to understand a 10-Q they weigh in with ignorant speculation about a business.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/24/22
Look at their P/E RATIO compared to other auto manufacturers. Talk about a Bubble.
Posted By: skeen Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/24/22
Originally Posted by EdM
I saw a Rivian R1T yesterday. The first I have seen. A lot going on there it seems.

Rivian has some big players investing in them too.

A buddy of mine just bought a Rivian R1T. Pretty sharp truck.
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Nothing I cant stand more than some dude who thinks grammar on a bullshite forum needs to be graded like it is a high school essay.

My experience is that people who become defensive over their poor command of one of the primary means of communication are also undisciplined slobs in most other parts of their lives.

For example, rather than learn to understand a 10-Q they weigh in with ignorant speculation about a business.

Eat [bleep]
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Look at their P/E RATIO compared to other auto manufacturers. Talk about a Bubble.

What is the appropriate P/E for a company with a 10 year track record of 60% revenue growth or more?
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/25/22

What is the appropriate P/E for a company with a 10 year track record of 60% revenue growth or more?

No idea. I guess it depends on what future earnings might be. Musk was talking layoffs a few short weeks ago because of an economic downturn. They also have much more competition then when they first started.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/25/22

No idea. I guess it depends on what future earnings might be. Musk was talking layoffs a few short weeks ago because of an economic downturn. They also have much more competition then when they first started.

Exactly. You have no idea.

As far as Tesla struggling.... Tesla exceeded the one million cars per year "run rate" late last year. The numbers from last quarter show that they will beat a 2 million car a year "run rate" within a few months. They are ramping up both the Austin and Berlin factories this year, and are scouting for another factory "somewhere in North America" (rumors are rampant, my bet is Mexico).

Is there more competition, really, than before? Is Ford, or Volkswagen, going to make more cars than they made before? Or are they just going to make different cars. Does ANYONE believe that VW, GM, TOY or Stella is going to double their total sales in the next 5 or even 10 years? So, where is this "new" competition going to come from? Rivian? Fiskar? Geely? Nio?

Tesla will double again in 18 months. And that's just counting cars, not energy storage, or electricity brokerage.

Just this last quarter, the shorts lost a billion $ on TSLA.

Exactly. You have no idea.

As far as Tesla struggling.... Tesla exceeded the one million cars per year "run rate" late last year. The numbers from last quarter show that they will beat a 2 million car a year "run rate" within a few months. They are ramping up both the Austin and Berlin factories this year, and are scouting for another factory "somewhere in North America" (rumors are rampant, my bet is Mexico).

Is there more competition, really, than before? Is Ford, or Volkswagen, going to make more cars than they made before? Or are they just going to make different cars. Does ANYONE believe that VW, GM, TOY or Stella is going to double their total sales in the next 5 or even 10 years? So, where is this "new" competition going to come from? Rivian? Fiskar? Geely? Nio?

Tesla will double again in 18 months. And that's just counting cars, not energy storage, or electricity brokerage.

Just this last quarter, the shorts lost a billion $ on TSLA.

Yes I think they will face more competition especially from lower priced competitors and there will be many more in the next few years. You left out Hyundai and Kia , I would be cautiously more optimistic with Tesla, they still have a very strong brand but there are people that simply cannot afford them and will buy from the competition.
Where are you getting these sales figures?
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/25/22
I had two different showings for warehouses last week where the people looking drove up in teslas. They were both people who I would never figure for an EV. Both say they love them. Both said they had at least one additional vehicle in their family that was a gasser. People are dang sure buying them around here.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/25/22
The 6th largest company in the world by market capitalization of 864 billion$ compared to Ford and GM at just over 50 billion$ each .

The Street.
How is this different from Bitcoin?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Tesla Has Become,,, - 07/25/22
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
I had two different showings for warehouses last week where the people looking drove up in teslas. They were both people who I would never figure for an EV. Both say they love them. Both said they had at least one additional vehicle in their family that was a gasser. People are dang sure buying them around here.

Boarmaster, there are so many of them down here it's not even funny. The people that drive them think they're some kind of status symbol. I... "disagree". smile
© 24hourcampfire