H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by RJY66
Tesla has been the biggest scam on Wall Street for years. Congratulations to the people who have made money on it but it's about 1,000% over priced.
I agree, but it has killed more bears than Davy Crockett.
That's the thing about cult stocks. Either ride the wave and hope you get lucky, or just stay out of the way.

There was a time when pundits said, “ the market is open at 9:00am and closes later the same evening. Anytime in between is a good time to buy Microsoft “.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I don't know what market capitalization means or how it's calculated.
If you sold all available shares at today's price, how much money is that.

Tesla's market cap is 1,500% that of GM and GM sells 700% more vehicles than Tesla.

That’s quite a perspective in differences of productivity.

The Big 3 have sometimes in the past been described as mere Social Institutions that happens to sell vehicles as a sideline.

The "Big 3":

*Aren't: The top three automakers in the world are VW, Toyota and Renault, in that order.
*Their production is consistently shrinking year over year. (Tesla is growing at a consistent rate of about 50% per year for the last five years, and will be larger than Stellantis in about a year and a half).

Unless something very unusual happens to reverse the 40 year trend of the "big three" of declining unit sales, in today's hyper innovative environment, the best company to compare them to is Kodak. "Look at our pretty film and paper! What do you mean, digital?". Lights out in a decade.

On the other hand, Tesla is doubling it's production every 18 months in cars, and has industry leading position is battery storage (megapacks) and electric demand / supply management (via Autobidder).

If you don't think Tesla is worth it, it happens to be one of the most shorted stocks in the market. It's also the stock short sellers have lost more money on than any other.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I don't know what market capitalization means or how it's calculated.
If you sold all available shares at today's price, how much money is that.

Tesla's market cap is 1,500% that of GM and GM sells 700% more vehicles than Tesla.

That’s quite a perspective in differences of productivity.

The Big 3 have sometimes in the past been described as mere Social Institutions that happens to sell vehicles as a sideline.

The "Big 3":

*Aren't: The top three automakers in the world are VW, Toyota and Renault, in that order.
*Their production is consistently shrinking year over year. (Tesla is growing at a consistent rate of about 50% per year for the last five years, and will be larger than Stellantis in about a year and a half).

Unless something very unusual happens to reverse the 40 year trend of the "big three" of declining unit sales, in today's hyper innovative environment, the best company to compare them to is Kodak. "Look at our pretty film and paper! What do you mean, digital?". Lights out in a decade.

On the other hand, Tesla is doubling it's production every 18 months in cars, and has industry leading position is battery storage (megapacks) and electric demand / supply management (via Autobidder).

If you don't think Tesla is worth it, it happens to be one of the most shorted stocks in the market. It's also the stock short sellers have lost more money on than any other.

Tesla is the big one to shoot at and emulate no doubt but the rest ain’t exactly sleeping.

About all of those companies you’ve mentioned have their own versions of EVs.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
“The big 3” have historically enjoyed a significant amount of brand loyalty which ain’t nothin’.

Just like bars in a small town….there’s enough room for the ones operating successfully now. Tesla appeals to a certain subset of EV drivers while the “big 3” are marketed for the masses. If the B3 focus more on functional utility and practical applications, as they’ve done with internal combustion engines, they’ll continue to be successful, retain their customer loyalty and increase their brand recognition.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
By last count, there are 86 companies currently producing EV's, several times more than ICE manufacturers, and the number is growing with new outfits coming out of the woodwork (Hello, Apple!).

The issue is not that the "big 3" are also producing EV's, the issue is that we are in one of those periods in history where innovation is occuring at an extremely rapid pace.

When ICE cars first became mainstream, in the WWI era, there were somewhere in the 2,000 different "car" brands on the market IN THE US. By the 30's that was down to 88, and by the end of the 60's, it was down to 18.

Will EV's be the new ICE? Will it be fuel cells? Apple mobile... ? (Please, God, No)

The big 3 most definitely have customer loyalty and "advantages"...... so did KODAK. With small niche outfits trying the very latest in technology at breakneck speed and behemoth's like Apple (Budget: larger than the country of Egypt) throwing R&D money around like they are in Congress.... those advantages may not be a significant factor in the outcome.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Read up on Tessla selling its excess carbon credits to the big 3 and Fiat. If it were not for those revenues it would be banko

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tesoro
Read up on Tessla selling its excess carbon credits to the big 3 and Fiat. If it were not for those revenues it would be banko

No they wouldn't. (assuming you mean "bankrupt" and just don't write well).

Tesla has been reporting their revenue from regulatory credits as a distinct line for at least a couple of years. Their first profitable quarter excluding those was a year ago, and this past quarter they were down to 20% of profit.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Elon has done well for himself, He is not one of my favorite people but i admired i thrive for success.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Careful laughing with your double mask on OldToot......

And a dick in his mouth.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I saw a Rivian R1T yesterday. The first I have seen. A lot going on there it seems.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Stickfight

No they wouldn't. (assuming you mean "bankrupt" and just don't write well).

Tesla has been reporting their revenue from regulatory credits as a distinct line for at least a couple of years. Their first profitable quarter excluding those was a year ago, and this past quarter they were down to 20% of profit.

Nothing I cant stand more than some dude who thinks grammar on a bullshite forum needs to be graded like it is a high school essay. If you ever wrote one.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Nothing I cant stand more than some dude who thinks grammar on a bullshite forum needs to be graded like it is a high school essay.

My experience is that people who become defensive over their poor command of one of the primary means of communication are also undisciplined slobs in most other parts of their lives.

For example, rather than learn to understand a 10-Q they weigh in with ignorant speculation about a business.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Look at their P/E RATIO compared to other auto manufacturers. Talk about a Bubble.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
I saw a Rivian R1T yesterday. The first I have seen. A lot going on there it seems.

Rivian has some big players investing in them too.

A buddy of mine just bought a Rivian R1T. Pretty sharp truck.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Nothing I cant stand more than some dude who thinks grammar on a bullshite forum needs to be graded like it is a high school essay.

My experience is that people who become defensive over their poor command of one of the primary means of communication are also undisciplined slobs in most other parts of their lives.

For example, rather than learn to understand a 10-Q they weigh in with ignorant speculation about a business.

Eat [bleep]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Look at their P/E RATIO compared to other auto manufacturers. Talk about a Bubble.

What is the appropriate P/E for a company with a 10 year track record of 60% revenue growth or more?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

What is the appropriate P/E for a company with a 10 year track record of 60% revenue growth or more?

No idea. I guess it depends on what future earnings might be. Musk was talking layoffs a few short weeks ago because of an economic downturn. They also have much more competition then when they first started.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No idea. I guess it depends on what future earnings might be. Musk was talking layoffs a few short weeks ago because of an economic downturn. They also have much more competition then when they first started.

Exactly. You have no idea.

As far as Tesla struggling.... Tesla exceeded the one million cars per year "run rate" late last year. The numbers from last quarter show that they will beat a 2 million car a year "run rate" within a few months. They are ramping up both the Austin and Berlin factories this year, and are scouting for another factory "somewhere in North America" (rumors are rampant, my bet is Mexico).

Is there more competition, really, than before? Is Ford, or Volkswagen, going to make more cars than they made before? Or are they just going to make different cars. Does ANYONE believe that VW, GM, TOY or Stella is going to double their total sales in the next 5 or even 10 years? So, where is this "new" competition going to come from? Rivian? Fiskar? Geely? Nio?

Tesla will double again in 18 months. And that's just counting cars, not energy storage, or electricity brokerage.

Just this last quarter, the shorts lost a billion $ on TSLA.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Exactly. You have no idea.

As far as Tesla struggling.... Tesla exceeded the one million cars per year "run rate" late last year. The numbers from last quarter show that they will beat a 2 million car a year "run rate" within a few months. They are ramping up both the Austin and Berlin factories this year, and are scouting for another factory "somewhere in North America" (rumors are rampant, my bet is Mexico).

Is there more competition, really, than before? Is Ford, or Volkswagen, going to make more cars than they made before? Or are they just going to make different cars. Does ANYONE believe that VW, GM, TOY or Stella is going to double their total sales in the next 5 or even 10 years? So, where is this "new" competition going to come from? Rivian? Fiskar? Geely? Nio?

Tesla will double again in 18 months. And that's just counting cars, not energy storage, or electricity brokerage.

Just this last quarter, the shorts lost a billion $ on TSLA.

Yes I think they will face more competition especially from lower priced competitors and there will be many more in the next few years. You left out Hyundai and Kia , I would be cautiously more optimistic with Tesla, they still have a very strong brand but there are people that simply cannot afford them and will buy from the competition.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Where are you getting these sales figures?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

312 members (17CalFan, 160user, 163bc, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 25 invisible), 1,946 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,625
Posts18,474,125
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.