Home
It's pot harvest time in WV. A helo has been circling around the mountain we live on. Reminds me of the song, "Copperhead Road".
revinnewers
Good thing there is a zillion dollar Central Govt Bureau to protect us from a plant.
Quick, make a run for the plants before the growers return or the DEA descends. Nice of them to show you where they are and all.
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Quick, make a run for the plants before the growers return or the DEA descends. Nice of them to show you where they are and all.

Too late, they're spraying paraquat......
Gives that *extra* kick
Dang
That's what happens when you don't pay your taxes.
THP, County's and others used to clear the fields early in the summer here.

They found out that the growers just replanted knowing the lawdog folks thought they had solved the problem for the year
Last I know of, now they just watch and clear the fields just about "harvest time"
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
It's pot harvest time in WV. A helo has been circling around the mountain we live on. Reminds me of the song, "Copperhead Road".
good tune!
Yes , be sure and get the pot growers , just stay away from the Mexican border …
Colossal waste of money and resources.
Gotta eliminate the competition
I used to hunt in PA with Sheriff Officer's from Wood County who got a lot of money from the DEA, FBI and IRS to buy helicopters, learn to fly them and bust pot growers.

To the best of my knowledge, they never crashed although they did have two AD's with injury including one of the guys I hunted with. I think they promoted him to XO under Sheriff Griner.
I’ve seen several drones about lately. You reckon that’s what they’re doing?
Posted By: IZH27 Re: DEA has a chopper in the air - 08/04/22
Back in the 80’s an uncle was dairy farming on the upper end of Russell Creek in Adair county. He was raising corn for silage on his and an older neighbors bottom land.

After the corn got up a bit someone came in and planted pot plants in the rows. I guess it grows well with the fertilizer. Needless to say it was close enough to the road that it was found. I doubt that the grower was caught but it was fun story at the time. I’d say this happens a lot to this day.
Originally Posted by IZH27
Back in the 80’s an uncle was dairy farming on the upper end of Russell Creek in Adair county. He was raising corn for silage on his and an older neighbors bottom land.

After the corn got up a bit someone came in and planted pot plants in the rows. I guess it grows well with the fertilizer. Needless to say it was close enough to the road that it was found. I doubt that the grower was caught but it was fun story at the time. I’d say this happens a lot to this day.

Ahhh, the ooold pot in the corn trick.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Gotta eliminate the competition

Government hates competition
Used to have a bird dog that was from Ohio . Sometime in late 70’s .
He was a government inspector for REA systems , older fellow , cool fellow .
He used to tell us how funny it was to watch the hippie’s at harvest time .
They were growing amongst the wild hemp supposedly for blending in .
Said the wild stuff grew thick along the RR tracks .
Some places supposedly had overgrown tracks of land far enough away from the tracks not to be affected by spray and some areas were seriously neglected.
His home overlooked such an area and he said they were like ants harvesting .
He was the type that never met a stranger and we had a professional grower working with us , so he picked the guys story pretty well and the fellow always had a calm and good answer.
He also conversed with the hippies crossing his property, his only stipulation was they not damage fence or property.
Used to be line contractors had an interesting variety of workers .
But osha and electrical suppliers eventually regulated these people out .
Kenneth
Here’s to hoping the helicopter crashes…..preferably into the fbi headquarters. 😂
Steve Earle is a flaming anti gun pos liberal in disguise
I endured a 10 minute story yesterday about arresting a guy that smuggled two pounds of cocaine on an airplane.

I replied: "Well good to know nobody can get cocaine any more."

He didn't understand the joke.
If youre gonna cultivate illegal pot,

1. Don’t get hoggish. Big plots attract all types of attention. Trails to and from, plant care.
Smell..I can smell pot 1/4 mile away and i’m not a dog.
Also the deal of growing a large patch in corn or amongst other cover plants. A trained eye can pick out the color
Additionally remote sensing programs that I used to work with in geospatial, you could extract unique spectral signature frequencies. It would be dependent upon the ground cell resolution of your scanner.

2. Do it right smack dab in front of mfer’s faces. 2 or three indicas in a 60 ft row of okra, 1 or 2 in Nana’s butterfly garden
One next to a guy wire or telephone pole where county mowers cannot mow. 2 or 3 or more in junkyards, salvage yards, surrounding features overwhelming descernment of the brain and visual senses.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Had to look SE up . Wasn’t aware who sung the copperhead road song .
You guys will laugh but my paternal grandfather was among other things, a 'revenuer' in western NC - he was not out to stop moonshiners or blow up stills or anything like that, he was an alcohol tax collector and he drove a black ford on mostly unpaved, gravel top roads. Since stones were constantly thrown up against the wheel wells by the tires, there were several instances when his vehicle was shot at - and hit - and he wasn't aware until he got home or to his next stop. He told me he didn't think it was a big deal because he thought if they really wanted to kill him, they could have done so easily. My grandmother wasn't so understanding and made him seek a career change. smile
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Good thing there is a zillion dollar Central Govt Bureau to protect us from a plant.

Opium poppies?
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Opium poppies?

No! You’re allowed to grow poppies in your garden without having idiot ninjas fast roping onto your “grow op”.
Are you sure it's not the FBI looking for Conservative PTA moms before school starts?
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV

Here Utah's biggest use of DPS helio's

Body recovery of the Tourons........

Whether skiing.......hiking........off roading etc.......

Pot.....nah......

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Actually, I think the helo is a state police bird. Not sure.
I thought I'd put the video on for you.

Meanwhile, in just this last week I’ve seen legal pot “dispensaries” in Oklahoma, New Mexico and Colorado. Might have missed them in some other States.

The times they are a changing.
I don't think he's ever disguised it. However, the dude can turn a phrase...
BIL used to be sherriff here. His hobby was finding pot patches. The National Guard flys everything here late summer and uses some camera that IDs pot from the color. BIL says it can spot single plants. They would locate them and map all the plantings and he and his deputies would go pull it up. They had a picture in the paper one time burning a huge pile of it and you couldn't see 2 of the deputies faces because they were standing down wind in the smoke. I bet they were smiling.
If youre gonna cultivate illegal pot,

1. Don’t get hoggish. Big plots attract all types of attention. Trails to and from, plant care.
Smell..I can smell pot 1/4 mile away and i’m not a dog.
Also the deal of growing a large patch in corn or amongst other cover plants. A trained eye can pick out the color
Additionally remote sensing programs that I used to work with in geospatial, you could extract unique spectral signature frequencies. It would be dependent upon the ground cell resolution of your scanner.

2. Do it right smack dab in front of mfer’s faces. 2 or three indicas in a 60 ft row of okra, 1 or 2 in Nana’s butterfly garden
One next to a guy wire or telephone pole where county mowers cannot mow. 2 or 3 or more in junkyards, salvage yards, surrounding features overwhelming descernment of the brain and visual senses.

This might be the best post in 10 years. LOL
© 24hourcampfire