Home
Why not the covid vaccine? Here's another athlete, 27 years old, nearing the end of a 100 mile bike ride and he drops dead from heart problems. There's no word, of course, on whether he was vaxxed but he's a medical student so it's almost a sure thing.
I think all premature heart problems should report whether or not they're vaxxed.

VAX???
Agreed

So, when you mentioned the seatbelt thing ... most people do not know that modern cars, post 2000, are equipped with black boxes that store speed info, tire pressure, service and oil change records, and seatbelt useage ... and if you are involved in a collision, especially one in which the vehicle was totaled or if there was a fatality ... law enforcement and insurance campanies have the right to pull that data and use it against you in a court of law ... even-though it's your car.

Point being, the system is always rigged against us.

To your point, the vaccine data is being withheld, even hidden from us and pharmaceutical companies are protected against legal recourse by law.

Some will claim the VAERS data is applicable but that would be incorrect as the only data that VAERS supports is that in which the medical community deemed undeniable. 90% of adverse reactions are being sloughed-off as "other causes."
I don't like Big Brother snooping on seat belt usage, this snooping ought to be illegal.
I don't like mandatory seat belt laws.

But, take it from the Paramedic, you are a dumb ass if you don't wear the seat belt.
But, take it from the Paramedic, you are a dumb ass if you don't wear the seat belt.

It is a mandatory thing in VA, and as much as I dislike wearing them, I do. I recognize the possibilities.

I was involved in an accident in 2016, where there was an accident just in front of me and the car that initiated the accident spun out and hit me head-on. I was unable to avoid due to traffic. Though pretty badly injured, I came through OK and have made a full recovery. I credit the seat belts and air bags with helping me avoid more serious injury or death.
Life insurance won’t pay if your not wearing it
So I started using mine
In Idaho, seat belt usage is only mandatory for those under 18.
Whether life insurance pays is dependent on the policy.

That said, nobody rides in any car I'm driving without a belt. 2 weeks ago a woman died in a wreck within a couple hundred yards of my house when she was thrown out. 2 others in the car had belts on and had minor injuries.
I lived in NewHampshire for almost 30 years and they do not have mandatory seat belt laws, but yet have one of the nations highest seat belt use.
On January 2, 2020 I was in a serious vehicle wreck. My 2015 just freshly paid off was totaled The air bags did not deploy and the only thing left were the seat belts. They most likely kept me from having full impact with the steering wheel. Fractured my sternum in four places. I'm quite sure that they went into the little black box to see what happened. Insurance company paid me $22,000 for the truck and I said that'ts pretty darn low for a very low mileage vehicle. They had to get the mileage from the computer in the truck and they came up with another $3,000. That was about half the price with the replacement vehicle but I was surprised that did come up even if it was only a little bit. I'm a firm believer in seat belts because they work.
PJ
In a rollover, the safest place to be is inside the car.
All my rigs are analog. I'd be arrested standing still if someone could read my chip. And yes, I strap in even though it's not a primary in Montana (and darn well better never be). I guess I'm still focused on the Cold War and the police states that we were opposing. I can't imagine what the KGB veterans think when they envy the Chinese "social credit" system.
Since 1960.
It all depends on the accident.

Young man where I use to live, left a football game, headed home with 3 girls in the car. He was the only one buckled up. Wet roads, car hydroplaned into ditch and flipped. Broken collar bone was the worse injury to the 3 girls. Young man died.
Years ago my company showed a DPS video titled “Room to Live”. There was no mandatory seatbelt law but I’ve worn one since.
Totalled a 83 f150, no seat belt, no airbag. Smashed my nose on steering wheel hard enough to warp the wheel and my nose. I was 18, and I've worn one ever since.
When I was sixteen I went around a mountain curve so fast I slid across the seat. As I came out of the curve I let the steering wheel slip in my hand back to the middle. Then I slid back in front of the steering wheel.

I went to the parts store and purchased a set of seat belts. I tied them to the springs at the back of the seat in my 1961 Falcon. These were not to save me in a wreck.
They were to prevent one by keeping me in front of the steering wheel.
Originally Posted by 16penny
So I started using mine
Sorry, but I call BS on that one...

I hate the damned things. The only time I wear one is when I'm (1) pulling my camper or other trailers and/or (2) driving in that hell-hole called 'the Twin Chitties'. I've driven in every state except AK and HI, and the worst and most aggressive drivers are just 20 miles west across the state line; i.e., MN!
I recall hearing of a state trooper comment in all his years of arriving on accident scenes he never unbuckled a dead person.

Still.....what was more fun that being with buddies in the bed of a truck heading to the lake or a ball game or something.
Originally Posted by 16penny
So I started using mine

That's a myth. They cannot deny a claim because you weren't wearing a seatbelt.
Posted By: las Re: They report seat belt use.... - 08/08/22
Seatbelts USE and WEARING watercraft PFDs are mandatory in my rides.

Not wearing your seatbelt in Alaska can earn you a citation.
Originally Posted by Oldman03

Young man where I use to live, left a football game, headed home with 3 girls in the car. He was the only one buckled up. Wet roads, car hydroplaned into ditch and flipped. Broken collar bone was the worse injury to the 3 girls. Young man died.
That happens but it's the exception. Most of the time the one's belted in have the least injuries. Later model cars are built to protect the passengers. Staying in the seat will give you the most protection.
I remember one wreck I worked, head-on fender bender, both cars doing about 20 mph. When we got there, one driver was walking around, talking to the police officer, he was unhurt. The other driver was slumped over the wheel, his face covered in blood. We transported him, he had a broken nose and a fractured cheekbone. Needed several surgeries. Guess which guy was wearing the seat belt.

Another wreck, 3 high school girls cruising down a dirt road at low speed one warm sunny afternoon after school. Little Jap pickup with a bench seat. The road had a deep ditch about 18 inches deep on the side, and a steep bank rising up from the ditch. The driver had swerved over into the ditch at about 20 mph. The girl next to the passenger window wasn't wearing the belt, she was thrown half way out the open window, and the truck rolled against the steep dirt bank, and the passenger girl got her head crushed between the top of the door frame and the red clay dirt bank. Dead right there. The truck didn't roll over, it was just tilted to the side there in the ditch. About $200 damage to the truck. If she had been wearing the belt, she would have been uninjured, like her 2 friends.

That one sticks with me because her dad was a DNR Ranger and I knew him, and while we were getting his daughter's body out of the truck, he showed up at the scene.
I feel naked without a seatbelt, no way would I drive without one.
When I was little, cars didn't have belts yet. Usually one of us kids was in the front seat between Mom and Dad. Whenever it got bumpy or Dad had to slow down fast, Mom would throw her arm across whoever was in the middle to keep us from Getting tossed. Of course in a wreck, it wouldn't have helped a bit but luckily we never had one. For years after cars had belts, Mom's arm would still automatically shoot across whoever else was in the front seat.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Oldman03

That happens but it's the exception. Most of the time the one's belted in have the least injuries. Later model cars are built to protect the passengers. Staying in the seat will give you the most protection.

Not disagreeing, but seat belts are not all they are cracked up to be. Airbags do more good than seat belts.

A few months ago, 2 trucks head on collision, just down the road from where I live. Man wearing seat belt died, man not restrained minor injuries. It happens more than people think.

Studies have proven that drivers, restrained by a seat belt, take more chances, drive faster, and dont pay attention to their driving as much as non-restrained drivers. The feeling/thought that they are safer, because they are buckled up, makes them less attentive and take more chances.

Cut a lady out of a new F150 Saturday morning. Side swiped by a small SUV type vehicle, lady was not buckled up, but side airbags deployed and she had minor injuries. Older lady, couldn't get over truck console and couldn't get drivers door open. 2 vehicle were about 200 yds apart and I dont know anything about the other vehicle other than it hit a tree head on. Not sure about injuries.
I recall hearing of a state trooper comment in all his years of arriving on accident scenes he never unbuckled a dead person.

That's because first responders, firemen, or the coroner are the ones that remove the bodies from the vehicles.
© 24hourcampfire