Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Why not the covid vaccine? Here's another athlete, 27 years old, nearing the end of a 100 mile bike ride and he drops dead from heart problems. There's no word, of course, on whether he was vaxxed but he's a medical student so it's almost a sure thing.
I think all premature heart problems should report whether or not they're vaxxed.

VAX???

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Agreed

So, when you mentioned the seatbelt thing ... most people do not know that modern cars, post 2000, are equipped with black boxes that store speed info, tire pressure, service and oil change records, and seatbelt useage ... and if you are involved in a collision, especially one in which the vehicle was totaled or if there was a fatality ... law enforcement and insurance campanies have the right to pull that data and use it against you in a court of law ... even-though it's your car.

Point being, the system is always rigged against us.

To your point, the vaccine data is being withheld, even hidden from us and pharmaceutical companies are protected against legal recourse by law.

Some will claim the VAERS data is applicable but that would be incorrect as the only data that VAERS supports is that in which the medical community deemed undeniable. 90% of adverse reactions are being sloughed-off as "other causes."

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I don't like Big Brother snooping on seat belt usage, this snooping ought to be illegal.
I don't like mandatory seat belt laws.

But, take it from the Paramedic, you are a dumb ass if you don't wear the seat belt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But, take it from the Paramedic, you are a dumb ass if you don't wear the seat belt.

It is a mandatory thing in VA, and as much as I dislike wearing them, I do. I recognize the possibilities.

I was involved in an accident in 2016, where there was an accident just in front of me and the car that initiated the accident spun out and hit me head-on. I was unable to avoid due to traffic. Though pretty badly injured, I came through OK and have made a full recovery. I credit the seat belts and air bags with helping me avoid more serious injury or death.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Life insurance won’t pay if your not wearing it
So I started using mine

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
In Idaho, seat belt usage is only mandatory for those under 18.
Whether life insurance pays is dependent on the policy.

That said, nobody rides in any car I'm driving without a belt. 2 weeks ago a woman died in a wreck within a couple hundred yards of my house when she was thrown out. 2 others in the car had belts on and had minor injuries.

― George Orwell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I lived in NewHampshire for almost 30 years and they do not have mandatory seat belt laws, but yet have one of the nations highest seat belt use.

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
On January 2, 2020 I was in a serious vehicle wreck. My 2015 just freshly paid off was totaled The air bags did not deploy and the only thing left were the seat belts. They most likely kept me from having full impact with the steering wheel. Fractured my sternum in four places. I'm quite sure that they went into the little black box to see what happened. Insurance company paid me $22,000 for the truck and I said that'ts pretty darn low for a very low mileage vehicle. They had to get the mileage from the computer in the truck and they came up with another $3,000. That was about half the price with the replacement vehicle but I was surprised that did come up even if it was only a little bit. I'm a firm believer in seat belts because they work.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
In a rollover, the safest place to be is inside the car.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All my rigs are analog. I'd be arrested standing still if someone could read my chip. And yes, I strap in even though it's not a primary in Montana (and darn well better never be). I guess I'm still focused on the Cold War and the police states that we were opposing. I can't imagine what the KGB veterans think when they envy the Chinese "social credit" system.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Since 1960.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It all depends on the accident.

Young man where I use to live, left a football game, headed home with 3 girls in the car. He was the only one buckled up. Wet roads, car hydroplaned into ditch and flipped. Broken collar bone was the worse injury to the 3 girls. Young man died.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Years ago my company showed a DPS video titled “Room to Live”. There was no mandatory seatbelt law but I’ve worn one since.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Totalled a 83 f150, no seat belt, no airbag. Smashed my nose on steering wheel hard enough to warp the wheel and my nose. I was 18, and I've worn one ever since.

Romans 5:1
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I was sixteen I went around a mountain curve so fast I slid across the seat. As I came out of the curve I let the steering wheel slip in my hand back to the middle. Then I slid back in front of the steering wheel.

I went to the parts store and purchased a set of seat belts. I tied them to the springs at the back of the seat in my 1961 Falcon. These were not to save me in a wreck.
They were to prevent one by keeping me in front of the steering wheel.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 16penny
So I started using mine
Sorry, but I call BS on that one...

I hate the damned things. The only time I wear one is when I'm (1) pulling my camper or other trailers and/or (2) driving in that hell-hole called 'the Twin Chitties'. I've driven in every state except AK and HI, and the worst and most aggressive drivers are just 20 miles west across the state line; i.e., MN!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I recall hearing of a state trooper comment in all his years of arriving on accident scenes he never unbuckled a dead person.

Still.....what was more fun that being with buddies in the bed of a truck heading to the lake or a ball game or something.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 16penny
So I started using mine

That's a myth. They cannot deny a claim because you weren't wearing a seatbelt.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Seatbelts USE and WEARING watercraft PFDs are mandatory in my rides.

Not wearing your seatbelt in Alaska can earn you a citation.

Last edited by las; 08/08/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldman03
It all depends on the accident.

Young man where I use to live, left a football game, headed home with 3 girls in the car. He was the only one buckled up. Wet roads, car hydroplaned into ditch and flipped. Broken collar bone was the worse injury to the 3 girls. Young man died.
That happens but it's the exception. Most of the time the one's belted in have the least injuries. Later model cars are built to protect the passengers. Staying in the seat will give you the most protection.

― George Orwell

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (14idaho, 907brass, 44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 11 invisible), 1,499 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.