Home
Good shoot or .... overkill?

You decide.

Full Story linked here: NY Post about shooting in Ohio

We've all had patooty fever at one point or another right?

But we all didn't do this kind of stupid $#!+ .... amirite?
I like it.
When the kid physically broke through the door…he made the shoot acceptable. What he really needed was just a good azz-whoopin.
Some boys get it bad.

Some girls give it to them, too.

Dad gets the final say what is ok under his roof, as it should be.

Had a similar situation but thankfully the sheriff got the lad before he went too far.

Not a proponent of shooting someone in the back. That could be interpreted wrong. Fortunately he had the video showing the whole story.
"walks a short distance before collapsing in the middle of a sun-dappled pathway."

sun-dappled, got us a dang writer on our hands....
Originally Posted by ledvm
When the kid physically broke through the door…he made the shoot acceptable. What he really needed was just a good azz-whoopin.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good shoot per state law.
Dumbazz trying to break down in, lost his mind over some poontang....

People inside dont know if he had a gun on him or not.
Had a similar situation years ago at 2:30 AM with our daughter. I had my pistol in his face, directing him to get his ass out. He complied and didn’t come back. He’s alive today because of that. Probably the last intelligent thing he’s done.
Dad protected his family. Well done.
Looked like a good shoot to me.
Good thing the kid is white, otherwise the dad would be in cuffs and Al Sharpton would be in his front yard with the press.
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Good thing the kid is white, otherwise the dad would be in cuffs and Al Sharpton would be in his front yard with the press.

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]
The boy had that look in his eyes, he was definitely not of sound mind at the moment.
I had a young man fighting with my stepdaughter. Hollering and screaming. I went out and told him to leave. He said no. He was wrong. Didn’t even hurt the pup but he was gone. Edk
I like the remark, Very few people get to choose when and how they die. He chose poorly.
What happened to the good ole days of just holding a boombox over your head blasting some Peter Gabriel to win her back....
I'll bet he doesn't do that again!
I’ve always heard “stop the threat” so once he turned and ran the shooting out to have stopped.

As has been said, looks as tho the kid needed a serious ass whoopin but chose the way of extreme pain.

Sad for all involved. Whether a man has it coming or not it can’t be easy knowing you’ve taken a life.

Losing your son over such a sophomoric and stupid thing has to be more painful than I can imagine. I can understand the family questioning that shoot given the hit yo the back was fatal.
My Grandfather use to say when your times up it's up, but you can ask for it sooner!

laugh laugh
A young (& foolish) man dies.
A father killed someone.
No one wins.
You could hear someone say from the inside that, 'I have a gun'. Boy should have listened.

Know a man that blew his girls ex-boyfriend out the front door with a shotgun, after the ex was told to leave. The ex did not break down the door, so their were lots of questions, but the bottom line was, the man did not go to jail. Cost him a lot for a good lawyer. And, they dont have to worry about the ex, anymore.
Originally Posted by killerv
What happened to the good ole days of just holding a boombox over your head blasting some Peter Gabriel to win her back....
good stuff
Maybe so but we know nothing about the dad. If it was me, the kid would win. I'm no longer capable of hand to hand fighting and wasn't much of a fighter in my prime.
Here he would be in trouble, as stated before the threat was leaving and the kid got shot in the back. However I do not know what Ohio's gun laws are, but the shooting must have checked all the boxes because it was 8-1 not to indite.
Originally Posted by Jim270
Here he would be in trouble, as stated before the threat was leaving and the kid got shot in the back. However I do not know what Ohio's gun laws are, but the shooting must have checked all the boxes because it was 8-1 not to indite.

Ton of unknowns.........
Maybe dad should have just used the appropriate self defense baseball bat, (wood or aluminum) and inflicted some serious knee and elbow pain??
When someone starts busting in the front door of someone's home they've gone way too far. Pounding on someone's front with your fist is going too far.
Someone tells you they have a gun and you keep slamming into the door > you asked for it, you got it.
One shot would have made a believer out of the dead dumbass.

I couldn't tell, did the door open and then the man fired?
It looked like the Father fired through the door - I thought I could see bits of debris and such.
Just my two cents fwiw ... kid had the patooty fever look in his eyes. Was thinking he might never find a better piece of patooty the rest of his life.

When he did the spooky slow blink thing while looking at the camera ... he decided he was going to commit suicide by ex's Dad, thinking she would miss him afterwards and her life would be ruined.

He was literally dead wrong. He had the fever and he couldn't accept moving-on without her ... kid was weak.

Darwin Award finalist imho.
Peope bitching about the last shot being in the back are being pretty ignorant. Pretty common in police shootings for the final shot or shots to be in the side or back. You have decided to shoot and flipped that switch. You are shooting at the subject and if he turns, it most likely happens faster than you can recognize it and respond.

I went to their fb page. Read a few articles. Anyone see what the tox screen showed on the dead bf? He looks a bit out of it in the video.
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Pretty common in police shootings for the final shot or shots to be in the side or back. You have decided to shoot and flipped that switch. You are shooting at the subject and if he turns, it most likely happens faster than you can recognize it and respond.

And LEO are operating under a different set of rules than a mere citizen
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
Pretty common in police shootings for the final shot or shots to be in the side or back. You have decided to shoot and flipped that switch. You are shooting at the subject and if he turns, it most likely happens faster than you can recognize it and respond.

Missing or ignoring the point.

Subject turns away and it is not within most's ability to recognize and stop that last shot.
Kid was a psycho. His eye was twitching. Touched in the head to break down a door when someone inside yells "I got a gun". Great shoot.
And here I thought this was going to be a thread on monkeypox. 😔
Originally Posted by mud_bogger
[quote=Tarkio] Pretty common in police shootings for the final shot or shots to be in the side or back. You have decided to shoot and flipped that switch. You are shooting at the subject and if he turns, it most likely happens faster than you can recognize it and respond.

Missing or ignoring the point.

Subject turns away and it is not within most's ability to recognize and stop that last shot.[/quote

I would have been on auto pilot my self until the gun was empty
and here in Commyfornia I would have been kicked in the head several times before they put me behind bars for the rest of my life.
Sad in one respect, a young person wasn’t smart enough to back off and come to his senses.

But who can or can’t say if he were given a free pass, or brush off, or a talking to, or a social worker or even an ass whoopin that he didnt in the future escalate things, or cause harm or kill that girl? Stuff her in a trunk and set the car on fire. No?

Nipped in the bud.

Raise your kids better, don’t kick a man’s door down.

An aside, an anecdote:
This proves how even a fatfouck lazy ‘shootin house’ corn feeder “hunter” can kill a lovesick 4-6 point whitetail buck. No great accomplishment at all. None, zip, nadda.
I'm waiting for one of the resident lefties to bring up a restraining order, 'cuz they are SO effective.
No winners here. Kid is dead. father has to live with his actions as does the daughter. It was a justified shoot, imho, but that doesn't help much.
Maybe he should have used a shotgun to shoot through the door ala slojoe.
Originally Posted by slumlord
This proves how even a fatfouck lazy ‘shootin house’ corn feeder “hunter” can kill a lovesick 4-6 point whitetail buck. No great accomplishment at all. None, zip, nadda.

Come to think of it, he was baiting, wasn't he?
Originally Posted by efw
I’ve always heard “stop the threat” so once he turned and ran the shooting out to have stopped.

What the fck ever, the little bastard isn't coming back is he?

As has been said, looks as tho the kid needed a serious ass whoopin but chose the way of extreme pain.

Hopefully the dumb bastard experienced some of that on his way out.

Sad for all involved. Whether a man has it coming or not it can’t be easy knowing you’ve taken a life.

You are truly a puzzy.

Losing your son over such a sophomoric and stupid thing has to be more painful than I can imagine. I can understand the family questioning that shoot given the hit yo the back was fatal.

Screw them, they should have taught that boy better, when it comes down to it they are responsible.

There you got my nice guy take.
Could have just slapped him upside the head a few times .
"walks a short distance before collapsing in the middle of a sun-dappled pathway."

Probably looks like that 'biographer' that was following English Bob around the countryside in Unforgiven
his first mistake was not sizing up the father as someone who'd shoot your ass

my old man gave off that vibe, not only to boyfriends but to his sons as well.
Exactly right IMO.

The lack of immediate stopping power when shot with what was probably a handgun always surprises me even after seeing it time and again on video.
You kick in my door, you’re going to get shot. I may or may not be able get off the trigger as you turn to run. Dumbass kid fuqked around and “found out” some folks don’t play that schitt.
A similar shooting happened about 5 miles down the road from our place, about 30 years ago. A woman's ex was in the process of breaking down the door of her father's house. The father was on the phone to 911 when the door finally gave way. One center mass round of 12 gauge birdshot ended the drama permanently. No charges were filed and the 911 recording pretty much cancelled out the "wrongful death" suit that got filed by the attacker's family.
Funny kid thinks its ok to break into someone's house.....good riddance.
I went to their fb page. Read a few articles. Anyone see what the tox screen showed on the dead bf? He looks a bit out of it in the video.

I was wondering that myself but I guess they deemed it irrelevant or something. Overdosed on hormones or something. His eyes were off, that's for sure.

Someone else in this thread did bring-up a good point.

Wonder why someone in the home didn't have 911 on the phone while this was happening? Not enough time maybe? Who knows. They probably should have had the cops on the phone the moment he drove up if they were that scared of him.

Wonder if he had threatened the girl? No one is saying much.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
You kick in my door, you’re going to get shot. I may or may not be able get off the trigger as you turn to run. Dumbass kid fuqked around and “found out” some folks don’t play that schitt.

Mic drop
Originally Posted by SCRooster
Just my two cents fwiw ... kid had the patooty fever look in his eyes. Was thinking he might never find a better piece of patooty the rest of his life.

When he did the spooky slow blink thing while looking at the camera ... he decided he was going to commit suicide by ex's Dad, thinking she would miss him afterwards and her life would be ruined.

He was literally dead wrong. He had the fever and he couldn't accept moving-on without her ... kid was weak.

Darwin Award finalist imho.
Reminded me of a little fork horn buck with his first nose full of doe in heat. Too bad for all involved.
You Columbos think he did that because he was a little horney?

Sheesh.
More than a little… I wonder what his plan was if he got inside?
I remember Lil’ Abner in the funny paper had a thing for pork chops and sweet patooty.

( and now back to Gunsmoke).
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I remember Lil’ Abner in the funny paper had a thing for pork chops and sweet patooty.

( and now back to Gunsmoke).

Pretty sure that's where we got it from Kay. I dunno, my Grandpappy called it that (secret code) as far back as I can remember. Hormonal boys, patooty fever. Menstruating girls ... Aunt Virginia was visiting. He was a Texan, he did love Lil' Abner so I am pretty sure that's where he got it from.
Peope bitching about the last shot being in the back are being pretty ignorant. Pretty common in police shootings for the final shot or shots to be in the side or back. You have decided to shoot and flipped that switch. You are shooting at the subject and if he turns, it most likely happens faster than you can recognize it and respond. ....

Shoot until the threat is ELIMINATED. Multiple LEO's have been killed when a fleeing perp took a Hail Mary shot over their shoulder and fatally struck the officer. One such video here on the 'Fire within the last year. Brother-In-Law lost a Police Academy class mate same way...
I'd bet most anything there was a gal behind that door that probably should have just STFU a time or 20 and probably never listened to her parents about him.
Bad situation but dad was in his rights to do it, you don't break into somebody's house without risking this happening to you. Terrible to die over a piece of ass that's likely been passed around the local football team anyway.
No winners here.

Odds are, the ex-bf had already been abusing the girl.
Originally Posted by KFWA
his first mistake was not sizing up the father as someone who'd shoot your ass

my old man gave off that vibe, not only to boyfriends but to his sons as well.

You had a boyfriend?
Judging from the amount of smoke, I wonder if the dad was shooting a shotgun.
Originally Posted by efw

This. Sad deal.
Maybe he was Jewish. Or Russian.
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Had a similar situation years ago at 2:30 AM with our daughter. I had my pistol in his face, directing him to get his ass out. He complied and didn’t come back. He’s alive today because of that. Probably the last intelligent thing he’s done.

Did the same about a dozen years ago… kicker was that he was at the wrong fuggin’ house! His girlfriend lived next door!

He was beating on my front door at 2am or so… of course I went to the door armed. As soon as I unlocked it, he tried to push himself in ‘til the barrel of my .40 touched his forehead… he backed on out then! Dude was lucky it was my door and not someone scared and trigger happy!
Lot of things left unknown about this, like previous altercations, threats, drugs involved, etc.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Maybe so but we know nothing about the dad. If it was me, the kid would win. I'm no longer capable of hand to hand fighting and wasn't much of a fighter in my prime.

We aren't supposed to admit that on the worldwide web. Everyone can be a badass here.
I can't fault a man for protecting his home and family. As far as I'm concerned, the dude won a Darwin Award from his own actions.
He looked disappointed when he walked off the porch.

The sun-dappled pathway gave way to a blood-spattered driveway as a slight breeze rustled the corn growing across the road and his feet kicked the dance of death.
Crazy ex boyfriends can harm a girl quick. I'd probably have taken a bat to the kid but if he's breaking into your home like that he's fair game. Tough call without the backstory on just how crazy and obsessed the kid is. Even decent kids can make a bad call now and then but who knows what he was.

Bb
I have no problem with that.
The girl wonders aloud if the guy is going to kill her. Must be a backstory there.

I wonder if a barking dog behind that door woulda given the guy pause. I like having a dog that barks in a threatening manner, they can disrupt the narrative.
BTT.
Photos of the chick?
Guy looked high AF to me. Happy ending !
it said they broke up 18 months ago ,why would he wait that long? most teenagers forget the girl a week later ,must be on drugs or obssesed .after a drug head tried to kick my front door in and cracking the frame but not getting in annd me with a 12 gauge in hand ,i have no sympathy for him or his family hollering ,he should not have been shot
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

We aren't supposed to admit that on the worldwide web. Everyone can be a badass here.

99% of these old fuggers wouldn't stand a chance.
There are no winners? You must be kidding.

The girl and her dad are winners big time. Broad daylight, he heard the man say "I have a gun" and yet he breaks the door down.
This kid was a very dangerous person who deserved to die.
Imagine if he came over the next day, and dad wasn't there, and girl doesn't have a gun. He would have beaten that door down and something really bad would have happened to the girl.

She will love her father forever for keeping her from harm. He has fulfilled his duty as a man, as protector of his family. There aren't many men around these days.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
There are no winners? You must be kidding.

The girl and her dad are winners big time. Broad daylight, he heard the man say "I have a gun" and yet he breaks the door down.
This kid was a very dangerous person who deserved to die.
Imagine if he came over the next day, and dad wasn't there, and girl doesn't have a gun. He would have beaten that door down and something really bad would have happened to the girl.

She will love her father forever for protecting her. He has fulfilled his duty as a man, as protector of his family. There aren't many men around these days.

Wrong. He should have called for a social worker.
How does the shooter know if the guy breaking in doesn't have a weapon? Maybe the shooter is not physically able to defend himself without a firearm. Lots of people assuming. If you're crazy enough to break a door in after being warned that the person inside has a gun, you deserve it. Good shoot on my end but I want more answers.
these yahoo's got a Justice for James Rayl page on facebook ..funny .what about his intended victims?.. i just joined to see all B.S they post
Originally Posted by smallfry
He looked disappointed when he walked off the porch.

Yeah.....and a little bit humped up.
So apparently the boy had told some of his friends that she was cheating on him (she had broken-up with him over a year ago) and that if he couldn't have her no one could.

Also, apparently the father of the girl had tried to reason with the kid several times leading-up-to the final confrontation but to no avail. The kid had broke-down crying a few times begging her to talk to him but she had had enough. He had also shown-up in the wee hours of the morning knocking on her window wanting her to let him in "just to talk."

The family is saying they tried everything, including talking to the cops about what they could do, to back him off.

He had told his closest friend that he had thought about killing himself.

He had also had a physical confrontation with the Father of the girl recently where he had to be pushed off the front porch and told they would call the police and his life would be ruined if they had to get a restraining order, which they didn't want to do because the Father had liked the kid at first.
Thanks for the scoop there, rooster.

Like I said, dad needs a medal pinned on his chest for killing Psycho Boy.
Betcha the girl popped the kids cherry thus the crazy thinking with the little head.

Good for dad. Anyone know what the gun was?
© 24hourcampfire