Home
Read lines 14 thru 21 of the bill....

https://www.congress.gov/117/bills/hr8051/BILLS-117hr8051ih.pdf

1000% tax will be imposed.
Taxation without representation.
So when they going to start taxing religious activities and parishioners for exercising their religions… asking for a friend. While they are at it maybe impose a tax for speaking. Great times were living in…
Originally Posted by colodog
Taxation without representation.

That argument won't work. It's the representatives ( Congress ) who are voting to do this.

FJB
Well that will stir some shcitt!
Originally Posted by rickt300

Congress has every right to do this, sadly.

Article I, Section 8, Clause 1:

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; . . .
It shouldn’t fly in the courts. Taxing a right to prevent that right from being expressed is unconstitutional and illegal. Same thing when they were trying to restrict our ability to buy ammunition. The courts ruled it illegal and a roundabout way of restricting our ability to express our 2A rights.

They can pass all the bullshit they want but that doesn’t mean it’ll pass judicial muster.
The courts have weighed in repeatedly that these schemes are unconstitutional. Doesn't mean much these days, however.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It shouldn’t fly in the courts. Taxing a right to prevent that right from being expressed is unconstitutional and illegal. Same thing when they were trying to restrict our ability to buy ammunition. The courts ruled it illegal and a roundabout way of restricting our ability to express our 2A rights.

They can pass all the bullshit they want but that doesn’t mean it’ll pass judicial muster.

THAT is the escape hatch. With our Commie-Courts now anything can happen, though. Judges turned into legislators and dictators, and just how are we able to stop them in time to save the Constitution and The Republic?
Originally Posted by luv2safari

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States; . . .

Their anal toys will be exempt of course.

How is this different than poll taxes?
Originally Posted by drop_point

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏1000%
Remember when we all first heard "same sex marriage " ?? and we all laughed ? Oh.... that is funny !!!

Ya, this is gonna be like that....

LOL

That's as apples/oranges as it gets. Just asking that questions shows a complete lack of basic understanding. Since when is going to vote a tangible commodity? Good Grief.
Bingo!
Originally Posted by windridge

LOL

That's as apples/oranges as it gets. Just asking that questions shows a complete lack of basic understanding. Since when is going to vote a tangible commodity? Good Grief.

Is that why churches are tax exempt? Even when it comes to material purchases?

Taxes to discourage exercise of rights are wrong. I don’t care what kind of mental gymnastics you come up with to pretend that isn’t what they are doing, that is what they are doing.
I wonder if Saint Floyds followers will be exempt from this Bill?
I’ll bet the 80% AR receivers sales skyrocket now.
Handwriting is on the wall. Get'em while the getting is good or cry later.
Originally Posted by windridge

LOL

Is that why churches are tax exempt? Even when it comes to material purchases?

Taxes to discourage exercise of rights are wrong. I don’t care what kind of mental gymnastics you come up with to pretend that isn’t what they are doing, that is what they are doing.

Where is anyone defending it? I'm not.

Churches shouldn't be exempt from taxes. Many are more of a big business than a church. They shouldn't be singled out for special treatment.
Why would they want to hire 80,000 (armed) IRS agents again?
Macmat: You forgot to mention the "needed" taxation on printing presses!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

My thought exactly.
It's all the more reason to vote the bstards out. They aren't going to stop and McConnell isn't going to suddenly get conservative. RINO are not going to change their stripes. most up for election won't be there anymore anyway.
© 24hourcampfire