Home
Posted By: savage2400 BATF question - 09/15/22
I have to registered suppressors.What's my responsibility if uncle sam comes knocking on my door? Do they get to enter w/o a warrant?Can I just show them the suppressors at the front door?
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: BATF question - 09/15/22
Never, ever allow entry without a warrant. No exceptions! Don't get baited into even answering any questions. If you've already been suckered into "registering" a suppressor, you should have a well-qualified attorney on speed dial!
Posted By: johna1 Re: BATF question - 09/15/22
I have never heard an atf agent knocking on the door to ask for paperwork.

FWIW, I've designed and built my own suppressors for almost 2 decades now. I've never even been asked to see my papers.

No, you don't lose your 4A rights because you have a piece of paper or a silencer.

Best suggestion, don't answer the door for strangers. If they have a warrant, they'll let you know pretty quickly. Otherwise, you're not obligated to even ask "who is it" when someone knocks on the door.
Posted By: Swifty52 Re: BATF question - 09/15/22
Popo and the ATF are like Vampires, once you invite them into your home you have 0 protection. Don’t do it.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: BATF question - 09/15/22
Ask if they have a warrant for your arrest, if they say "no" tell them to get the fugg off your property. If they don't comply call your local PD and tell them someone is impersonating Federal Agents!
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: BATF question - 09/15/22
Originally Posted by Sako76
Ask if they have a warrant for your arrest, if they say "no" tell them to get the fugg off your property. If they don't comply call your local PD and tell them someone is impersonating Federal Agents!

^^^This^^^

I told a couple of their agents that, about 10 years ago.
They wanted to talk to me about a gun I traded off at a gun show a couple of years before that. Told them I traded it to another Dealer for another gun. Then they said it was used in a crime. And needed to talk to me about it.
Asked them what kinda crime, and they said a gang banger had used it to off another gang banger.
Laughed at them and said, “Good deal”.
They wanted to talk more, and asked if they could come in. Wanted to know if I had any records of the transaction.
That’s when I asked if they had a warrant for my arrest or a search warrant. They said no. And that’s when I told them what Sako76 stated. Fugg off and get off my property.
A couple of weeks later, they called me and said they were “finishing up the “investigation”, and would I come down to their local office and talk to them about it.
Told them to Fugg Off. Never heard from them again.
Posted By: Winchester21 Re: BATF question - 09/15/22
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: BATF question - 09/15/22
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Sako76

^^^This^^^

I told a couple of their agents that, about 10 years ago.
They wanted to talk to me about a gun I traded off at a gun show a couple of years before that. Told them I traded it to another Dealer for another gun. Then they said it was used in a crime. And needed to talk to me about it.
Asked them what kinda crime, and they said a gang banger had used it to off another gang banger.
Laughed at them and said, “Good deal”.
They wanted to talk more, and asked if they could come in. Wanted to know if I had any records of the transaction.
That’s when I asked if they had a warrant for my arrest or a search warrant. They said no. And that’s when I told them what Sako76 stated. Fugg off and get off my property.
A couple of weeks later, they called me and said they were “finishing up the “investigation”, and would I come down to their local office and talk to them about it.
Told them to Fugg Off. Never heard from them again.

They are far more emboldened now that they do not have to follow the law and there are no consequences for anything they bungle.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: BATF question - 09/15/22
Originally Posted by Winchester21

I made both of our children watch that video before they turned 18 by making it my prerequisite for obtaining their drivers license.

I just had them review it as a refresher about 6 months ago. It’s really a great video and an accurate representation of exactly why you should keep your mouth shut IRREGARDLESS of your innocence!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: BATF question - 09/15/22
Please watch this. It deals with that question.

Posted By: savage2400 Re: BATF question - 09/15/22
Well that was informative.I don't think I was "suckered" into registering those suppressors,how was I supposed to purchase them anyway?
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: BATF question - 09/15/22
Originally Posted by savage2400
Well that was informative.I don't think I was "suckered" into registering those suppressors,how was I supposed to purchase them anyway?

The legal issue isn't whether you were suckered or not.

It's about knowing what your rights are.

Unless they have and show you a warrant, they can pound sand.

They are not your friends, and they aren't there to do you any favors. You complied with the law. If they think otherwise they can show a judge probable cause and get a warrant. Otherwise they are just fishing.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: BATF question - 09/15/22
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

The legal issue isn't whether you were suckered or not.

It's about knowing what your rights are.

Unless they have and show you a warrant, they can pound sand.

They are not your friends, and they aren't there to do you any favors. You complied with the law. If they think otherwise they can show a judge probable cause and get a warrant. Otherwise they are just fishing.

PREZACTLY!!!
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: BATF question - 09/15/22
how was I supposed to purchase them anyway?

You purchase those things? Why not just make 'em?
Posted By: 3584ELK Re: BATF question - 09/16/22
I have to registered suppressors.What's my responsibility if uncle sam comes knocking on my door? Do they get to enter w/o a warrant?Can I just show them the suppressors at the front door?

FFS!
© 24hourcampfire