Home
Posted By: Schenk Hornbuckle ranch/ east Wyoming - 09/25/22
Who has hunted here or know people that have.
I’m headed there this coming week and I have heard nothing but good on Facebook. I think they have some nice mule deer and antelope. More focused on a good mulie, never hunted them before.
I’m open to tips/hints and I’d love to see what some folks have brought home from there in years past.

Wish me luck and I’m positive it will be a great trip and experience. It’s a semi guided on the ranch.
Did I say I was excited? It’s taken a while to get a tag.
Originally Posted by Schenk
I’m headed there this coming week and I have heard nothing but good on Facebook. I think they have some nice mule deer and antelope. More focused on a good mulie, never hunted them before.
I’m open to tips/hints and I’d love to see what some folks have brought home from there in years past.

Wish me luck and I’m positive it will be a great trip and experience. It’s a semi guided on the ranch.

Good luck and give us some feedback upon your return.
I've only been to Wyoming three times, and all were great. Good people, beautiful country, and fine hunting. Enjoy.
I sure will. I’ve been out to the Sheridan area hunting antelope before and saw lots of mule deer. I saw a giant on the side of the highway with does between Yellowstone and Cody. That sparked my flame to hunt them.
I hope you have a great trip!

What part of Wyoming are you hunting?
Originally Posted by Westman
What part of Wyoming are you hunting?

My guess is that he’s hunting the Hornbuckle Ranch / Eastern Wyoming area but that’s just’a WAG…. 😁
LOL...even I got that far... grin
Originally Posted by Westman
LOL...even I got that far... grin

😁
Good luck and hope you have a great trip up here!
I’ll be around glenrock. East of Casper and west of Douglas.
I love it out there this time of year, it’s so pretty.
I'll be north of Gillette during the 1st week of October chasing speed goats. The weather looks to be good that week but it won't hurt to be prepared for sudden changes.
Good luck ! We hunted Wyoming for twenty years. The rancher shut it down last year and this year. Beautiful country, and wildlife.
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Good luck and give us some feedback upon your return.

Yeah, from a Disingenuous, lying, trying to act sweet POS who supports dimocommies who want to take your guns.
My son and I hunted lions with a guide by Pinedale. Beautiful country , lots of game. First time I've seen game crossing signs with lights if I remember right they had motion detectors.
Nice people ! Good luck!!
It was a great trip. I rode the ranch on Friday afternoon and got a map from the owner.
Saturday after lunch I ran across the antelope I wanted and dropped him at 300yds with my .242 using 87gr vmax I load. I quickly got him field dressed and back to the skinning rack and walk in cooler.
Sunday I went to try to find a group of mulies I saw the day before. I was after a mature buck more than score wise. I shot a 4x5 with eye guards Sunday morning after crawling and getting soaked. It rained several times while I was there. He was 350yds and the group was quickly going away and they would go down in the washouts and crevices then pop back up.
So without having time to range for what was gonna be the last chance at this group I settled on the one I’d picked out and let it fly. I used my 25-06 loaded with 115 nosler BT hand loads. It found the perfect spot and they ran a very short distance and he stopped and fell over. It took the lungs out.
I quickly got him field dressed even though it was 46 degrees and back to the skinning shed we went.
Um we need some pics dude
Posted By: LBP Re: Hornbuckle ranch/ east Wyoming - 10/29/22
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
+1
Congrats, I'm sure that was a blast.
It was a great trip. I rode the ranch on Friday afternoon and got a map from the owner.
Saturday after lunch I ran across the antelope I wanted and dropped him at 300yds with my .242 using 87gr vmax I load. I quickly got him field dressed and back to the skinning rack and walk in cooler.
Sunday I went to try to find a group of mulies I saw the day before. I was after a mature buck more than score wise. I shot a 4x5 with eye guards Sunday morning after crawling and getting soaked. It rained several times while I was there. He was 350yds and the group was quickly going away and they would go down in the washouts and crevices then pop back up.
So without having time to range for what was gonna be the last chance at this group I settled on the one I’d picked out and let it fly. I used my 25-06 loaded with 115 nosler BT hand loads. It found the perfect spot and they ran a very short distance and he stopped and fell over. It took the lungs out.
I quickly got him field dressed even though it was 46 degrees and back to the skinning shed we went.
What’s do they charge for tags?
I live in Gillette, get through Douglas a lot, Glenrock occasionally. Great place for antelope. Good people for sure.
Originally Posted by LBP
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
+1

Uh, yep.................

.or it didn't happen?
Tagging in for pics.
© 24hourcampfire