Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Schenk Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
Who has hunted here or know people that have.
I’m headed there this coming week and I have heard nothing but good on Facebook. I think they have some nice mule deer and antelope. More focused on a good mulie, never hunted them before.
I’m open to tips/hints and I’d love to see what some folks have brought home from there in years past.

Wish me luck and I’m positive it will be a great trip and experience. It’s a semi guided on the ranch.
Did I say I was excited? It’s taken a while to get a tag.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Schenk
I’m headed there this coming week and I have heard nothing but good on Facebook. I think they have some nice mule deer and antelope. More focused on a good mulie, never hunted them before.
I’m open to tips/hints and I’d love to see what some folks have brought home from there in years past.

Wish me luck and I’m positive it will be a great trip and experience. It’s a semi guided on the ranch.

Good luck and give us some feedback upon your return.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I've only been to Wyoming three times, and all were great. Good people, beautiful country, and fine hunting. Enjoy.

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
S
Schenk Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I sure will. I’ve been out to the Sheridan area hunting antelope before and saw lots of mule deer. I saw a giant on the side of the highway with does between Yellowstone and Cody. That sparked my flame to hunt them.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I hope you have a great trip!

What part of Wyoming are you hunting?

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Westman
What part of Wyoming are you hunting?

My guess is that he’s hunting the Hornbuckle Ranch / Eastern Wyoming area but that’s just’a WAG…. 😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
LOL...even I got that far... grin

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Westman
LOL...even I got that far... grin

😁

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
U
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
U
Good luck and hope you have a great trip up here!

Arky
S
Schenk Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
I’ll be around glenrock. East of Casper and west of Douglas.
I love it out there this time of year, it’s so pretty.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'll be north of Gillette during the 1st week of October chasing speed goats. The weather looks to be good that week but it won't hurt to be prepared for sudden changes.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good luck ! We hunted Wyoming for twenty years. The rancher shut it down last year and this year. Beautiful country, and wildlife.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Good luck and give us some feedback upon your return.

Yeah, from a Disingenuous, lying, trying to act sweet POS who supports dimocommies who want to take your guns.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My son and I hunted lions with a guide by Pinedale. Beautiful country , lots of game. First time I've seen game crossing signs with lights if I remember right they had motion detectors.
Nice people ! Good luck!!

S
Schenk Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
It was a great trip. I rode the ranch on Friday afternoon and got a map from the owner.
Saturday after lunch I ran across the antelope I wanted and dropped him at 300yds with my .242 using 87gr vmax I load. I quickly got him field dressed and back to the skinning rack and walk in cooler.
Sunday I went to try to find a group of mulies I saw the day before. I was after a mature buck more than score wise. I shot a 4x5 with eye guards Sunday morning after crawling and getting soaked. It rained several times while I was there. He was 350yds and the group was quickly going away and they would go down in the washouts and crevices then pop back up.
So without having time to range for what was gonna be the last chance at this group I settled on the one I’d picked out and let it fly. I used my 25-06 loaded with 115 nosler BT hand loads. It found the perfect spot and they ran a very short distance and he stopped and fell over. It took the lungs out.
I quickly got him field dressed even though it was 46 degrees and back to the skinning shed we went.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Um we need some pics dude

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Um we need some pics dude
+1

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Congrats, I'm sure that was a blast.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was a great trip. I rode the ranch on Friday afternoon and got a map from the owner.
Saturday after lunch I ran across the antelope I wanted and dropped him at 300yds with my .242 using 87gr vmax I load. I quickly got him field dressed and back to the skinning rack and walk in cooler.
Sunday I went to try to find a group of mulies I saw the day before. I was after a mature buck more than score wise. I shot a 4x5 with eye guards Sunday morning after crawling and getting soaked. It rained several times while I was there. He was 350yds and the group was quickly going away and they would go down in the washouts and crevices then pop back up.
So without having time to range for what was gonna be the last chance at this group I settled on the one I’d picked out and let it fly. I used my 25-06 loaded with 115 nosler BT hand loads. It found the perfect spot and they ran a very short distance and he stopped and fell over. It took the lungs out.
I quickly got him field dressed even though it was 46 degrees and back to the skinning shed we went.
What’s do they charge for tags?

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I live in Gillette, get through Douglas a lot, Glenrock occasionally. Great place for antelope. Good people for sure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 16penny, 19 invisible), 1,423 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,864
Posts18,478,665
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.