Home
Posted By: remaction Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
I went into Taco Bell in Reedsburg, WI for a quick meal as I had to pick my wife up at 6:30.
There was one person in line in front of me. That should have left me 30 minutes to peruse the next door gun store.
I entered at 5:45, they took the order from the guy in front of me at about 5:50. (warning sign 1)
They took my order of 1 burrito at 6:02. (warning sign 2)
I received my burrito at 6:31
I was about out of my mind, I know my face was red hot at about 20 minutes in, but I tried to keep my cool. It actually got to be funny later on as I had to stay just to see how long this burrito would take.
There were about 4 teenagers and 1 adult working, the kids kept walking around, looking up at the monitor but not accomplishing anything.
I had to savor that burrito as it must have been very carefully prepared.

We are f**cked as a society...there is way too much free money floating around.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
was at a Wendy's 2 weeks ago, guy was there when I walked in, ordered his meal on their app.

I got my food, ate it and was ready to leave before he ever got his food

My son was with me, I told him - watch this guy, he is about to lose his schit any minute now.

He was actually pretty calm about it, but he let them know they need to get their schit together.
Posted By: hanco Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Some are very efficient, some are poorly ran. Depends on manager I guess.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
I read a word for word meeting from a Blimpy Sub Sandwich? franchise owners, CEO telling the owners how things have drastically changed in the past few years.
Blimpy sends young [spies] [employee] into the stores acting as a new hire, usually a cute young female. She talks to the employees, they tell her how they plot to run customers off so they don't have to work much. They drag ass, mess up orders, ++ hoping the person never comes back.
Biggest problem is Phones, they're addicted to them and want to be paid to stand around and I-Phone on TikTak instagram, while doing as little as possible.
CEO, told the owners, we're now in a very different time and place and it's not going to get better.
Posted By: remaction Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
The last one I ordered was in Madison. Somehow, they had it to me before I walked away from the counter. The guy at the register may have been a bit slow giving me my change.
In the half hour wait, I did a lot of thinking about the state of our workforce and the economy as a whole.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
i went thru this last weekend at a mom & pop pizza place too 1 adult 5 kids what a mess granddaughter got her meal alot later than the rest of us and that up set me , granddaughter was 8 years old so you know how that went.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Pack a lunch if yer gonna bitch so much.
Posted By: horse1 Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Originally Posted by hanco
Some are very efficient, some are poorly ran. Depends on manager I guess.

And then we have this, my wife bought the Pringles Party Stack last week:

Attached picture 2744D8CE-BC6F-4451-8941-28C3AC78E041_4_5005_c.jpeg
Attached picture E8D59647-4F65-4E6D-AAAD-74A16C0D9B73_4_5005_c.jpeg
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
We need to go back to the old days old ways, some sag-pant punk stumbling around not working got the piss smacked out of him.
Drag them to the bathroom and give them three Swirlys face down in the toilet, then tell them - now get busy boy/girl.
They sas you - stomp a mudhole in their ass
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
I’m curious. Where is all this “free money” everyone here talks about all the time?
Chesterwy,
For example, the guy in front of me last night, while waiting for our food, told me his friend gets "Foodshare" (food stamps). He had been getting $450/month. During covid, they increased the amount, and still are, by $750 per month! He now gets $1,200/month for food from the gov! I don't know anything about this program, but assume he must have a family of 3 or 4.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Taco Bell?

Serves you right.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
They actually eat burros in Mexico.

“Burrito” ain’t always a metaphor.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
They actually eat burros in Mexico.

“Burrito” ain’t always a metaphor.

laugh

Those spicy recipes are to hide the taste of whatever vermin they happen to be eating that day.
100 dollar service for 10 dollar wages?

Yeah....naw.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
I had a conversation recently with a Wendy’s District Mgr.

She used to be an employee when I was 16 yrs old working there. Now she has 38 stores.

Informed her of my very own 28 min wait at the drive thru with NOBODY in front of me. After all the wait, I figured everything would be super hot and great just for me.
NOPE, both sandwiches were wrong, chicken rubbery from probably 4 hours holding, fries were soggy and room temp. Frosty was liquid.

Went inside and got one of the sandwiches fix, more fries but they were same, just blah.

District mgr told me they are being held hostage by employees who come in when they feel like it, use the covid excuse for a few days off, when they are there, zombie like state.

Anyway, I told her she needed to cut my a check for about $25,000 for all the bust ass work I did compared to these slugs. I was doing the work of 5 of these $15 hour deadasses and I was getting $3.

Where my rabbarations
$100 dollar service? lol. I would be happy with $10 service.
Posted By: TheBigSky Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
It sounds to me like some sort of U.S. government run operation.
10 dollar service is you make it yourself.
I wondered if they had a hidden camera, like I was going to be on Candid Camera.
Posted By: mathman Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
It sounds to me like some sort of U.S. government run operation.

If the burrito was jacked up when finally delivered.
Don't you know burrito rolling should be a highly esteemed and well compensated profession?
Originally Posted by mathman
Don't you know burrito rolling should be a highly esteemed and well compensated profession?

Most white and black folk can't roll a tight burro for chit. Fixings be all spilling out the back. Too tight and it rips open on side dumping it's innards.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Taco Bell?

Serves you right.

B I N G O ^^^^^^
You snobs. grin
You snobs. grin
What kind of burrito goes best with one of them Single Malt beverages you like?

Carnitas? Carne Asada? Beans and Rice?
Originally Posted by Valsdad
You snobs. grin

Tina's red hot.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
You snobs. grin

Tina's red hot.

Couple of Allsup's fried beef and bean burritos, ample picante sauce, and at least a 3 hour road trip to savor it over and over again trumps all! eek
Posted By: lotech Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
We can all do better than a fast food burrito; hard to imagine being that hungry. As for fast food in general, a purchase once every few years should satisfy any urge.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Drive through at local TB just a bit ago. 6 cars ahead
Moved along OK.
Order was correct, delivered politely, and they didnt scrimp on contents.

That TB does really well, even when the stoner night shift takes over.
When diablo sauce came out I asked billy burnout for some extra. I ended up putting all 42 packets in a rootbeer mug in kitchen 👍

Wish I had saved a bunch of the verde. I liked that on my Arbys sammy. But their 3 pepper is pretty good.
You snobs. grin

I've never done that research.

A 32 oz High Life works well with most burritos though.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You snobs. grin

Tina's red hot.

Couple of Allsup's fried beef and bean burritos, ample picante sauce, and at least a 3 hour road trip to savor it over and over again trumps all! eek
What the hell kinda Mejicano name is "Allsup's"?
Aye, carumba.
Aye, carumba.

Allsup's is NM/Tex/Mex for "tasty, fragrant burrito"!

laugh
Aye, carumba.

laugh
You folks not in or from Texas...........................................

Always remember............................always...................................

Tex/Mex ain't real Mexican food. wink

That stuff in New Mexico can be borderline non-Mexican too. shocked

Don't let them try to pass it off on you as such. That's especially true for you folks from the Northern Tier states
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Around here, if you want great food and service at low cost, you go to a Mexican restaurant run by Mexicans.
Aye, carumba.
laugh
Always remember............................always...................................
Don't let them try to pass it off on you as such. That's especially true for you folks from the Northern Tier states

Tell'em carnal, tell'em!
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
I like Taco Bell but I noticed a drop in quality in the Burrito Supreme a couple years ago. I started making my own.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The key to the burrito is the refried beans. These Ducal refried black beans are made in Guatemala and taste great. I buy 'em at the Guatemalan Market here but you can get them on Amazon. They are better than any refried beans at Ingles Grocery store.
The tortillas you can get anywhere. These are huge tortillas, about 12 inch diameter. The biggest in Ingles. The cheese, readily available. I put the tortilla on a ceramic dinner plate, and load up the refried beans, cheese, and a little chicken. 90 seconds in the microwave and dinner is served. No cooking pots, or silverware to wash!
Aye, carumba.
laugh

Tell'em carnal, tell'em!

i had a feelin' I'd get some backup from the Valley

Mexican food is very regional by nature.

You get hot and spicy closer to the border.

The further you get away from the border, the less hot and spicy it gets. (Either North or South)

You get down to Southern Mexico and Mexican food isn't even recognizable as Mexican Food. Fried bananas and such... Sheesh!

I will say that NM has some GREAT Mexican food places! If they don't ask you "red or green?" when you order you aren't in a good one. wink
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
They don't even have tripas.

The further you get away from the border, the less hot and spicy it gets. (Either North or South)

You get down to Southern Mexico and Mexican food isn't even recognizable as Mexican Food. Fried bananas and such... Sheesh!

I will say that NM has some GREAT Mexican food places! If they don't ask you "red or green?" when you order you aren't in a good one. wink

See, that's just the deal.

Thinking that "red or green" thing is "Mexican". grin

Strictly a New Mexican thing. Never been asked that in a "Real Mexican Restaurant". laugh

Burritos are meant to be picked up and eaten, like a sammich. Portable for lunch, wrapped in foil and set on the manifold of the backhoe to warm up. That kinda thing. Be awfully sloppy if it was covered in "red or green" and leaked on the hot manifold. eek

A proper example, and I just happen to like them a little crispy. Just made them for lunch the other day from some tri tip I had on the grill the other day. They were Yummy.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

PS. Barry, you know I like pulling chains sometimes. Them real southern Mexicans, they're more like Central Americans and so is their food.

Stihl?
Ice in the wiskey?
Beans or no beans? wink
Would you believe the best Mexican Food place where I live here, you have to specify re-fried beans with your order?

Otherwise they show up just out of the bean pot. laugh
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Lengua, cabeza y buche tambien.
Would you believe the best Mexican Food place where I live here, you have to specify re-fried beans with your order?

Otherwise they show up just out of the bean pot. laugh

Some places ask

"rancho or refried"

I guess some folks don't like 'em all mashed up with lard and cheese and all that good stuff that makes 'em better to eat!
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
The free $$$ thing
I got laid off from a 10 year employment at start of 2012. Couldn't buy a job at the time. Previously I looked down on ebt/foodstamps. With 3 kids, and a wife that's never really worked, the few months of unemployment and ebt saved our butts. I'm not so judgemental now as I'm not in that individuals shoes, and have no clue what there life is like. Besides all that, wth would anybody eat a drive through burrito. Keep some Vienna sausage in your glove box, ain't no gloves in there anyways.

Heck, even up here we don't always get that stuff.

Too many gringos around here.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Savor the burrito?

Could've swore this thread would be about lingering farts .......the gift that keeps on giving.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Sounds like a midnight experience I had at Wendys. I'm the ONLY person in the place...took 7 minutes to get waited on..took another 7 minutes to get the food.

Got my receipt with a number to call if you had feedback..I called. Told the woman on the other end what I just said here and added.." you know what's coming next...."
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Valsdad knows.

That is all.
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Originally Posted by ingwe
Sounds like a midnight experience I had at Wendys. I'm the ONLY person in the place...took 7 minutes to get waited on..took another 7 minutes to get the food.

Got my receipt with a number to call if you had feedback..I called. Told the woman on the other end what I just said here and added.." you know what's coming next...."
What comes next? Refund, maybe free Wendy's for a year?
Originally Posted by ingwe

Friend made me stop at the newish Wendy's in Belgrade. I was impressed thought it would take forever as the drive-through was packed...in and out in less than ten minutes with correct, hot food.

Ymmv

Heck, even up here we don't always get that stuff.

Too many gringos around here.

You are a little bit up there.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
You snobs. grin

I've never done that research.

A 32 oz High Life works well with most burritos though.

Glad to see you occasionally partake of a pedestrian beverage.
Horses for courses. It's pretty good with spicy boiled crawfish too.

I didn't mind a Classic 60s formula Schlitz either when it was around.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22

You left out "Christmas"!
At Allsups, I personally prefer the chimichanga to their burritos. smile
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
So you waited 17 minutes before they took your order?
Posted By: OldHat Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Why in the world go into these places knowing the service is bad, the food sucks and you risk getting who knows what done to your food. No thanks.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
I hate it when Fast Food ain't!
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
I don't have the patience for that nonsense. If I haven't ordered whatever within 5 minutes, I'm done and gone. Period. Drives the wife nuts, but I don't have any patience for poor service any more.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Easy to walk out. Drove away from Sonic last week.

10 minutes after order my food wasn't out, 2 other cars were all that had been there the whole time.

Started the ride and into reverse I went. Bet they had a surprise when they walked out with food and nobody was in the stall.
Taco Bell only makes Taco Bells “fast food” VERSION of Mexican food…pre formed taco shells?…GMAFB… their burritos are better now than they were in the 60s, but they still suck…
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

10 minutes after order my food wasn't out, 2 other cars were all that had been there the whole time.

Started the ride and into reverse I went. Bet they had a surprise when they walked out with food and nobody was in the stall.

Locally, Sonic and Taco BellySwell are the worst in our small town. It's not brain surgery or something. We don't go to either place often, but the last time we went to our local Taco Bell, the service was unexpectedly good. I refuse to even go back to our local Sonic, they're so pitiful I won't even bother with them.
My food at home is a heckuva lot better, anyway, than either place.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
How does Chik Fil A get all the top tier workers? 3 lanes in the drive through. Line wrapped all the way around to the street. In and out in 5 minutes. Food served with a smile and “My pleasure” and it’s hot and correct.
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Locally, Sonic and Taco BellySwell are the worst in our small town. It's not brain surgery or something. We don't go to either place often, but the last time we went to our local Taco Bell, the service was unexpectedly good. I refuse to even go back to our local Sonic, they're so pitiful I won't even bother with them.
My food at home is a heckuva lot better, anyway, than either place.
This is one close to work. Won't be going back. As you said, far from great food but needed lunch at work.

Ended up at Taco Bell. Talk about expensive.

Rarely eat out anymore and am reminded why we don't as most times it's bad service, bad food or both. Costs too much to compromise.
Posted By: bsa1917hunter Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Originally Posted by remaction
And then we have this, my wife bought the Pringles Party Stack last week:

[video:youtube]https://youtube.com/shorts/uTDaSYSgg3s[/video]
Posted By: Futura Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Yeah fast food is too expensive and too slow these days. I can be 20 cars deep in the Chik Fil A line and get done faster than being 5 deep in the McDonalds drive thru.

Haven’t been to a Taco Bell in probably close to a decade. Not with Senor Taco in the neighborhood.
I like Taco Bell. I know, you can get better food at a real Mex restaurant. I have spent 6 months travelling around Mexico, from Veracruz to the Pacific coast, and from Isla Mujeres to Monterrey, and I have probably eaten more real Mexican food than you have.

But I drove a truck over the road for 8 years and I ate lots of Taco Bell, especially the Burrito Supreme. Tastes good, low in fat and lots of B vitamins, fiber and protein. Hell of a lot better for you than a Whopper or Big Mac 'n fries. I ate that Burrito Supreme 3 days a week and never tired of it.

Sadly, several years ago quality slipped on that item, mainly, they started putting half the refried beans in it.

Three years ago you could go to Taco Bell and be out in 5 minutes, great service pre-corona.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I like Taco Bell. I know, you can get better food at a real Mex restaurant. I have spent 6 months travelling around Mexico, from Veracruz to the Pacific coast, and from Isla Mujeres to Monterrey, and I have probably eaten more real Mexican food than you have.

But I drove a truck over the road for 8 years and I ate lots of Taco Bell, especially the Burrito Supreme. Tastes good, low in fat and lots of B vitamins, fiber and protein. Hell of a lot better for you than a Whopper or Big Mac 'n fries. I ate that Burrito Supreme 3 days a week and never tired of it.

Sadly, several years ago quality slipped on that item, mainly, they started putting half the refried beans in it.

Three years ago you could go to Taco Bell and be out in 5 minutes, great service pre-corona.

Hahaha!

Quite the palate.....
I drove a truck over the road for 8 years and I ate lots of Taco Bell

There would be a bit of an issue there for me. grin
If you are so sophisticated that Taco Bell turns your stomach, then don't eat there.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Got a real Mexican place thats great
Nice folks too.

Kids really like it.

Yup, it aint Taco Bell.
Who cares?

A mexican pizza or double steak burrito and a Baja blast aint bad. Just is what it is.

The way some talk on here youd think they were movie stars w private chefs.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Rolling a joint is an ART. Just not anyone can roll a joint. It takes years of practice to do it.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
It goes back a while. Maybe 25 years ago we went into a new pizza place in a small town near us. They took our order immediately but it took us 45 min to get it. Except for several guys drinking beer, no food, we were the only ones in the place. They didn't stay in business long.
Posted By: deflave Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Originally Posted by remaction
I went into Taco Bell in Reedsburg, WI for a quick meal as I had to pick my wife up at 6:30.
There was one person in line in front of me. That should have left me 30 minutes to peruse the next door gun store.
I entered at 5:45, they took the order from the guy in front of me at about 5:50. (warning sign 1)
They took my order of 1 burrito at 6:02. (warning sign 2)
I received my burrito at 6:31
I was about out of my mind, I know my face was red hot at about 20 minutes in, but I tried to keep my cool. It actually got to be funny later on as I had to stay just to see how long this burrito would take.
There were about 4 teenagers and 1 adult working, the kids kept walking around, looking up at the monitor but not accomplishing anything.
I had to savor that burrito as it must have been very carefully prepared.

We are f**cked as a society...there is way too much free money floating around.

Wisconsin's version of a "hard worker" is nothing short of hilarious.

Some of the laziest, most worthless fugks known to man.

Not all of them, but the majority for sure.
Posted By: LouisB Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
I am pretty sure the "Wait Time" at some food serving places is based on the staff's decision to drag it out as long as possible.
I am not so sure that many folks filling positions are people that want a job!.
Originally Posted by LouisB
I am pretty sure the "Wait Time" at some food serving places is based on the staff's decision to drag it out as long as possible.
I am not so sure that many folks filling positions are people that want a job!.
Yeah, but unemployment is below 4%. smirk

LGB
If you are so sophisticated that Taco Bell turns your stomach, then don't eat there.

It's not about sophistication or turning my stomach in the sense of making me ill. In fact I used to love their basic tostadas. It's just that the fiber from the lettuce and refried beans was inspirational to me which could interrupt driving long stretches.

It's not about sophistication or turning my stomach in the sense of making me ill. In fact I used to love their basic tostadas. It's just that the fiber from the lettuce and refried beans was inspirational to me which could interrupt driving long stretches.

Then they should serve them in the morning so a fella could enjoy one before his constitutional and be sure of working things out.
Taco Bell is flat fugking awesome.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Originally Posted by cra1948
Around here, if you want great food and service at low cost, you go to a Mexican restaurant run by Mexicans.

Yep, same is true here too 😕
Posted By: RUM7 Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
[quote=deflave]Taco Bell is flat fugking awesome.If you like sheiting your pants[
/quote]
Originally Posted by deflave
Probably serve Cuban sammiches down there where you are.

And little tiny cups of strong coffee.
Probably serve Cuban sammiches down there where you are.

And little tiny cups of strong coffee.

Uhhh, no.
Originally Posted by RUM7
[quote=deflave]Taco Bell is flat fugking awesome.If you like sheiting your pants[
/quote]

If Taco Bell causes you to schit your pants you have a fugking health issue.

Posted By: pointer Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Crunchwrap Supreme and the new(ish) chicken chipotle burrito.
Posted By: Raferman Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
/quote]

They get the Mexican pizza back?
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
There used to be a *real" Mexican restaurant here. I went in one day about 11 AM and order dish of rice topped by beans, chopped spicy pork and topped with two fried eggs.

It was all sizzling' hot when they served it. It was a fantastic hangover meal.
Originally Posted by Raferman
/quote]

They get the Mexican pizza back?

Fugk yes they did.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
There used to be a *real" Mexican restaurant here. I went in one day about 11 AM and order dish of rice topped by beans, chopped spicy pork and topped with two fried eggs.

I'd pay money to see your version of a Mexican restaurant.

LOL
Originally Posted by pointer
Crunchwrap Supreme and the new(ish) chicken chipotle burrito.

Oh but you'll get dysentery and not feel well for a few moments.

LOL

Can you imagine hunting with these sensitive fugks for three days?
Now you made me hungry. A Cuban sandwich can be really good.

Brah.

I make THE BEST.
Yeah,

they ain't bad.

But, they don't belong in a Taco Bell.

Thank goodness Dave/Clark/Travis confirmed they don't serve them there in FL......................just in case I ever make it there for a fishin' trip.

Speaking of which..........................any of you dudes contribute to the GoFundMe that was started to pay my way there?

I'd pay money to see your version of a Mexican restaurant.

LOL

You would need that money to hire a translator. The west side of Lexington is known either as Lexico or Mexington.

It helps to be fluent in Spanish if you travel over there.

They hand you a menu and you point at the picture of what you want.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
And Del Taco is even better.
Taco John's ain't bad either. I love all fast food.
You would need that money to hire a translator. The west side of Lexington is known either as Lexico or Mexington.

Uhhh, I don't need a translator you dumb fugkin' hick.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Trash.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
And Del Taco is even better.

UBER trash.
Yeah,

they ain't bad.

Thank goodness Dave/Clark/Travis confirmed they don't serve them there in FL......................just in case I ever make it there for a fishin' trip.

Speaking of which..........................any of you dudes contribute to the GoFundMe that was started to pay my way there?

Taco Bell is one of California's greatest stories.
Yeah,

they ain't bad.

Cutler approves this message.

¿No? Bien entonces. métete tu desorden de personalidad en tu trasero perpetuamente escaldado.

¿No? Bien entonces. métete tu desorden de personalidad en tu trasero perpetuamente escaldado.

Google translate! Lol

I'd love to watch you attempt that.

LOL

Dumb fugking hick.

I'd love to see you attempt that.

LOL

Dumb fugking hick.

You do it on a regular basis with no assistance.
You do it on a regular basis with no assistance.

Yes.

Flave speaks Spanish with no assistance.

I'd like to see your dumb fugking ass speak Spanish with no assistance.

Sorry for not clarifying.

bullshit
Posted By: smarquez Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22

laugh laugh laugh
I went into a Dennys this morning, sat at the counter and had a Grand Slam in 5 minutes. I was impressed because they seemed to be very busy. Coffe was hot and fresh too.

OTOH, I was in my local grocery at the meat counter. Only one person there. The customer ahead of me asked in a sympathetic tone if she was the only one there. The employee said yes, we have plenty of staff, they just decide when they want to come in when they want to.

Consider yourself lucky there was even someone there to give you a soggy sandwich and wilted fries.
Originally Posted by Cheesy
How does Chik Fil A get all the top tier workers? 3 lanes in the drive through. Line wrapped all the way around to the street. In and out in 5 minutes. Food served with a smile and “My pleasure” and it’s hot and correct.
The first time I went to a Chik Fil A the drive through looked like pure chaos. 2 of the kids taking orders out there were cute young things with easy smiles. I thought it would be a disaster but the line moved fast and my order was correct. It was very impressive.

In-N-Out is the same but I know for a fact they pay well, always have lots of people working.

bullshit

LOL
Originally Posted by smarquez
The first time I went to a Chik Fil A the drive through looked like pure chaos. 2 of the kids taking orders out there were cute young things with easy smiles. I thought it would be a disaster but the line moved fast and my order was correct. It was very impressive.

In-N-Out is the same but I know for a fact they pay well, always have lots of people working.

Retail service is a reflection of the respective locale.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
I have a sales terrify that encompasses parts of four states. As a result, I eat on the road quite a bit. Fast food joints have become so unreliable that my typical lunch is a Cheerwine, pack of peanuts, and a beef jerky from a convenience store.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Chick fil A seems to get the best workers. I cannot remember a remotely bad experience at Chik fil A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Chick fil A seems to get the best workers. I cannot remember a remotely bad experience at Chik fil A

Until you eat the food they sell.

LOL

Fugking trash.
Originally Posted by smarquez

Retail service is a reflection of the respective locale.

Chik Fil A and In-n-Out, exceptions that prove the rule.

bullshit

Oh, he does. Probably pretty fluently.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
Here's an answer to stupid lazy burger flipper and taco bender help.

I bought 90 shares a while back. It'll make me rich beyond my wildest dreams. laugh

https://misorobotics.com/

That's moronic.

There are plenty of Burger King, McDonalds, and Popeye locations giving great service to their customers.

The chances of that happening in Wisconsin? Slim to none.

If they are anything like the ones in Montana...they are not good.

Ymmv
Originally Posted by Jcubed

If they are anything like the ones in Montana...they are not good.

Ymmv

Swinging back to that locale thing...

LOL
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Savor that burrito - 09/30/22
I’ve never seen a Taco John’s. Taco Juan seems more appropriate .
I’ve never seen a Taco John’s.

Consider yourself lucky. Taco Bell is 100x superior but I'm a transplant to MT drop AZ.

Ymmv
Posted By: Distridr Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22

I do.
Can't stand restaurant food in general and FF is poison. Not to mention that it's not fast.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
Yeah,

they ain't bad.

Bwaahahhahhahahahhahaaaaa laugh laugh laugh

My mom loved their tacos.........................then again.......................she was from............................New York City! grin

they might be a great financial story, but Mexican food they ain't.

Even their website alludes to it:

Glen Bell, inspired by friends and neighbors at Mitla Cafe, creates his own version of the Crunchy Taco. (notice the "his own version" bit. Some folks create their own versions of pizza, like that abomination the chicken and ranch sauce "pizza")

Glen Bell opens his first Taco Bell restaurant in Downey, CA, serving what his customers called "Tay-Kohs." (his customers, likely transplanted midwesterners, couldn't even pronounce the food they were eating correctly grin )

https://www.tacobell.com/history

Taco Hell, it's called that, got the name for a reason.

I guess it's better than McDonald's though.
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
Yeah,

they ain't bad.

My mom loved their tacos.........................then again.......................she was from............................New York City! grin

Glen Bell, inspired by friends and neighbors at Mitla Cafe, creates his own version of the Crunchy Taco. (notice the "his own version" bit. Some folks create their own versions of pizza, like that abomination the chicken and ranch sauce "pizza")

Glen Bell opens his first Taco Bell restaurant in Downey, CA, serving what his customers called "Tay-Kohs." (his customers, likely transplanted midwesterners, couldn't even pronounce the food they were eating correctly grin )

Vals,

Respectfully: Leave fine Puerto Rican 🇵🇷 food alone. Thanks.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22

That's moronic.

There are plenty of Burger King, McDonalds, and Popeye locations giving great service to their customers.

Negative Kemo Sabe, None of those above mentioned FF Joints anywhere in the country come close to great service in comparison.

As for Wisconsin I'll leave you to it.
Yeah,

they ain't bad.

Mom loved the Enchirito, Guess that's why she married Pops. LMAO!!
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
Jimboy's is still making decent fast-Mex.

Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22

That's moronic.

Negative Kemo Sabe, None of those above mentioned FF Joints anywhere in the country come close to great service in comparison.

Yep.

Flave’s probably always drunk and obnoxious in the drive-thru line.
They get his order out quickly to get rid of him. 😂😂😂

And as Geno mentioned, Taco Helll is NOT Mexican food. It’s pure crapola.
Lemme Guess Sacratomato Native? 😁

Originally Posted by luv2safari

Originally Posted by chlinstructor

That's moronic.

Yep.

In the 70's early part of the 80's it wasn't bad. Even my Puro Mexicano Grandparents liked eating there every once in a great while. Maybe more as a novelty and not having to cook though.
Posted By: EdM Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
Yeah,

they ain't bad.

So did I so I make my own. There is a small chain here that makes them exactly as TB did. Bell beefers too.

https://tacocasatexas.com/taco-casa-menu/

One of mine flooded minus the olives.

Posted By: deflave Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22

And you would know that how?

You're a CA squatter.

Don't bullschit.
Yep.

#insecure
Originally Posted by EdM
Yeah,

they ain't bad.

So did I so I make my own. There is a small chain here that makes them exactly as TB did. Bell beefers too.

I never understood why they were called enchuritos and not enchiladas. Purely marketing?

Regards
In the 70's early part of the 80's it wasn't bad. Even my Puro Mexicano Grandparents liked eating there every once in a great while. Maybe more as a novelty and not having to cook though.

Sooooo, you're not Italian?

LOL

And you would know that how?

You're a CA squatter.

Don't bullschit.

Flave need a tummy rub? LOL.

That's moronic.

Yep.

Yep. When they opened here in the early 70’s, when I was in Jr High, they were at least edible. And everything on the menu was either .19 cents and then went to .29 cents.

The bean burritos were okay. Hard to screw up a plain ole bean burrito.

LOL

Detective like
Yep. When they opened here in the early 70’s, when I was in Jr High, they were at least edible. And everything on the menu was either .19 cents and then went to .29 cents.

LMAO

LOL

Don't play stupid, come on keep up.

LOL

Sooooo, you are Italian?

LOL

I'm not a CA native, but I was born west of LA. We have Jimboy's in Reno, but the drive's too far for about anything Reno now has to offer. It's Sacremento's ass wart.
I'm not a CA native, but I was born west of LA. The guys who started Miso are Silicon Valley set.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

Sooooo, you are Italian?

LOL

And......
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
Is it Cornish?
And......

Sooo, you're not part Mexican?

LOL
Me and Fat's like cousins..............................................................

of the muttly type!

Grandpa, came from Sicily at about 8 years old, said he was.................................................

American......................

Like me.

I'm not a CA native, but I was born west of LA. We have Jimboy's in Reno, but the drive's too far for about anything Reno now has to offer. It's Sacremento's ass wart.

Didn't used to be that way but inundated by Kommiefornia Transplants for sure.
Me and Fat's like cousins..............................................................

of the muttly type!

Grandpa, came from Sicily at about 8 years old, said he was.................................................

Like me.

Is that a source of pride?

LOL
I used to like Reno.......................

in the late 70's.

of the muttly type!

Like me.

LOL

Yeah, I guess I'm a proud American.

Beats being........................................

Most others I'd say.

of the muttly type!

Like me.

My chorizo has a first name it's s-a-l-a-m-e....

of the muttly type!

Like me.

LOL

Most others I'd say.

If you limp dicks could comprehend the definition of "American", California would not be where it is.

Fugking idiots.
"Wouldn't"

"Hey I'm a lard ass and pay taxes. High-Fives all around."

LOL

of the muttly type!

Like me.

LOL

Most others I'd say.

If you limp dicks could comprehend the definition of "American", California would be where it is.

Fugking idiots.

Yeah someone needs a tummy rub.
"Wouldn't"

Thank you.

"Hey I'm a lard ass and pay taxes. High-Fives all around."

LOL

Hey Conejo you want's me to give you a reach around as well?

🤣😂🤣

🤣😂🤣

If I thought you could accomplish it.
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22

Yep. I preferred Del Taco and Taco Bueno over Taco Bell though. Haven't seen either of those in forever. Taco Bell is just crap now and overpriced at that. I made the mistake of stopping at one for the first time in probably ten years a few months ago. It was bland, skimpy and expensive. Shame on me but in my defense, it was late and not much else available.

Taco Cabana has also gone to crap.

🤣😂🤣

Andale mijito don't be like that. Papa take good care of you.

🤣😂🤣

Andale mijito don't be like that. Papa take good care of you.

Are you Italian?
I am a MAGA American!
I am a MAGA American!

An honest answer.

Bless you, Conrad.
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
I never understood why they were called enchuritos and not enchiladas. Purely marketing?

Regards

Because it was a burrito, served enchilada style.
Originally Posted by ShaunRyan

Regards

I was young but I remember them being open on the ends...

Thanks

in the late 70's.

It was great in the 50's and 60's. We could hunt deer, quail, chuckar, pheasants, doves, sagehen, ducks n geese, all within 20 minutes of anywhere in Reno. Fishing was super in the Truckee River. We had a trout limit of ten fish or ten pounds and one extra fish, whichever you had first. It was common to have the ten pounds and one fish in 4-5 fish.
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

Yep. I preferred Del Taco and Taco Bueno over Taco Bell though. Haven't seen either of those in forever. Taco Bell is just crap now and overpriced at that. I made the mistake of stopping at one for the first time in probably ten years a few months ago. It was bland, skimpy and expensive. Shame on me but in my defense, it was late and not much else available.

Taco Cabana has also gone to crap.

Taco Bueno Chain started in my old home town.
They finally tore down the original one. Bulldozed it and built a new one on that site.
Local guy started it about a year or two after the first Taco Bell came to town. Still 4 of them there now. And 4 Taco Hell’s.
Taco Bueno has really gone down hill since the original owner sold out. Still way better than Taco Hell, though.

Use to stop and eat at the original Taco Cabana in San Antonio. Haven’t been there in several years though. It was good back in the early 90’s.

Even DQ tacos are better than Taco Hell. 🤪
Posted By: Morewood Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
It was a big deal in my little home town when Taco Bell opened one of those adobe pueblo missions. Tacos were 14 cents, enchiritos were 24 cents.
Had a high school buddy that worked the night shift but the best he could sneak out the back door was some broken taco shells and hot sauce packets.
[Linked Image from 2.bp.blogspot.com]
Posted By: ShaunRyan Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22

Regards

Thanks

Yeah, but a flour tortilla. Enchiladas are corn.

Plus, "enchiritio" sounded better than "burrilada."
Originally Posted by Morewood
It was a big deal in my little home town when Taco Bell opened one of those adobe pueblo missions. Tacos were 14 cents, enchiritos were 24 cents.
Had a high school buddy that worked the night shift but the best he could sneak out the back door was some broken taco shells and hot sauce packets.

Lots of those old Taco Bell buildings are now inhabited by LosBetos, Filibetos, Ralibetos, you get the betos idea in the metro Phoenix area.

Pretty good food, especially late at night.

Regards

Thanks

Yeah, but a flour tortilla. Enchiladas are corn.

Plus, "enchiritio" sounded better than "burrilada."

I guess but we can get enchiladas with flour tortillas. The ends being open makes it more of an enchilada with a ft than a burrito enchilada style.

Idk

Ymmv
Posted By: reivertom Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
One problem I've run into is, sometimes They'll get an on-line or call in order from one of those new "food delivery" people that will have 10 orders in one.....or maybe more. I've gone into a couple places that looked empty, only to find there was a huge order from a delivery service in front of me and some dude was sitting in a booth waiting for it.

Yep. They looked the same here. They tore all those down about 10 or 15 years ago and replaced them with the “modern versions”.

Had a buddy I grew up with that was the “night shift” Mgr at one.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
I could tear up some Taco Johns right now
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22

Yep. They looked the same here. They tore all those down about 10 or 15 years ago and replaced them with the “modern versions”.

Must be a real schidt hole

Must be a real schidt hole

Poor Little Man. Your just mad they fired you from their commercials. 😆😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

[video:youtube]
[/video]
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
Around here you can eat Tex-Mex for the same or less than any fast food, and get more food. Always fast service, always good.

On my way to work I can pick up three overstuffed, hot off the grill bean and egg tacos with extra green sauce for $4.10. ( recently went up, it was $3-something pre-Biden). After that I still ain’t hungry at dinner time.
Originally Posted by slumlord
I could tear up some Taco Johns right now

You guys got one of those dumpster fires recently didn't ya?
Posted By: EdM Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by EdM
Yeah,

they ain't bad.

Regards

Flour vs. corn tortillas.

in the late 70's.

It was great in the 50's and 60's. We could hunt deer, quail, chuckar, pheasants, doves, sagehen, ducks n geese, all within 20 minutes of anywhere in Reno. Fishing was super in the Truckee River. We had a trout limit of ten fish or ten pounds and one extra fish, whichever you had first. It was common to have the ten pounds and one fish in 4-5 fish.

Yeah, and in the late 70's they still had $1 single deck blackjack tables!

of the muttly type!

Like me.

I care not a hoot what Travis feels about that one.

I laughed.

of the muttly type!

Like me.

I laughed.

Güero got a little twisted. LOL.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
I thought a burrito was just a baby burro
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by hookeye
Drive through at local TB just a bit ago. 6 cars ahead
Moved along OK.
Order was correct, delivered politely, and they didnt scrimp on contents.

That TB does really well, even when the stoner night shift takes over.
When diablo sauce came out I asked billy burnout for some extra. I ended up putting all 42 packets in a rootbeer mug in kitchen 👍

Wish I had saved a bunch of the verde. I liked that on my Arbys sammy. But their 3 pepper is pretty good.
Yeah, I have never had problems like the OP and others here. Must be a Midwest thing.

of the muttly type!

Like me.

I laughed.

Güero got a little twisted. LOL.

Ah, he's OK.

Pero, vive con los Cubanos.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
Taco Bell is hot garbage. Still, I crave it a few times a year.
Taco Time is good eats.

How fast food shops run is a direct reflection of the owner and management. Jack in the Box routinely sucks azz. Consistently dirty, slow, and staffed by mongoloids. Taco Bell ain’t far behind. Other joints in the neighborhood are well run.
Posted By: krp Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
Taco hell or chitty bell isn't what it used to be 30 years ago.

And you have to get into Az to get great Mex food, though there are plenty of crappy chain restaurants pretending to be mex, probably based out of Kansas...

Kent
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22

oh [bleep], lol
I'm telling you, Taco John's ain't bad, better than Taco Bell.

Of course it's garbage, that's what makes it taste good.
Originally Posted by krp

And you have to get into Az to get great Mex food, though there are plenty of crappy chain restaurants pretending to be mex, probably based out of Kansas...

Kent

There is great Mexican food all over the US.

oh [bleep], lol
I don't think its Flave with the disorder....for what its worth.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by chesterwy
I’m curious. Where is all this “free money” everyone here talks about all the time?

You're not the right colour. wink
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by chesterwy

You're not the right colour. wink

If you’re referring to all the stimulus and unemployment the last few years, that wasn’t free. We are all paying for it.

You could also look at the federal rate the last 15 years or so. Was well under 1% for much of that span. That’s about as close to “free” as you’re gonna get.

But just like eating Taco Bell, you’re gonna pay for it sooner or later. Lol.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22

oh [bleep], lol
I don't think its Flave with the disorder....for what its worth.
I know, just funny coming from bristoe, even if he used the translater.
Bristoe’s dumb, sheltered ass wouldn’t know a Honduran from a fugkin’ Eskimo.

LOL
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Around here you can eat Tex-Mex for the same or less than any fast food, and get more food. Always fast service, always good.

On my way to work I can pick up three overstuffed, hot off the grill bean and egg tacos with extra green sauce for $4.10. ( recently went up, it was $3-something pre-Biden). After that I still ain’t hungry at dinner time.

Where you live all the tacos are on par with the service.

Meaning they both fugking suck.
Posted By: Steelwaver Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
Reno use to be my favorite.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22

LOL

The fact that I know too much is what caused me to be sheltered in the first place.

#1 MPAI (most people are idiots)

#2 The most verbal idiots broadcast the fact by being chuckleheads.

#3 I've got no use for either variant of idiots,....neither those who keep it to themselves,..or those who demonstrate it by broadcasting to the world that they're not only idiots,..but that they're chuckleheads who are too idiotic to hide their idiocy from the public.

On your best days you're simply an idiot. The other 99% of the time you're a chucklehead.
Any COVID updates?

LOL

Fugking idiot.
Bristoe says he is "too smart"....and accuses others of having a disorder?

Stop throwing softballs.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22

LOL

Lmao.

Unfortunately very soon everyone is going to have to be able to read the room and pick out the guats from the hondos from the el sals from the Mexicans to figure out who wants to fûck you and who wants to eat you.
Bristoe says he is "too smart"....and accuses others of having a disorder?

Stop throwing softballs.

Can’t fix plumbing.

Thinks COVID kills you.

Finds mowing grass daunting.

Can’t order a chicken taco in Spanish.

LOL

Sounds like one smart mother fugker.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

That’s sort of true.

But on the southern border good Mexican food starts in California and ends in El Paso.

Del Rio to Brownsville is dog schit in a tortilla.
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

That’s sort of true.

But on the southern border good Mexican food starts in California and ends in El Paso.

Del Rio to Brownsville is dog schit in a tortilla.

Kinda...sorta
This is not open for debate.

Who was debating?
California is fresca mex food, Texas is tex mex.

Kent

Who was debating?

Flave thinks BK burgers are fine cuisine. 🤪

A drunk Yankee telling folks where to get good Tacos and Mexican food is fuggin hilarious.
Originally Posted by krp
California is fresca mex food, Texas is tex mex.

Kent

Narrowing the corridor...I like it!

A drunk Yankee telling folks where to get good Tacos and Mexican food is fuggin hilarious.

I'd love to see the slop you shovel into that fat fugkin' face.

LOL
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22

Have you tried Taqueria Ramirez over on Alexandria Drive? Never tried it myself but judging by the menu, they appear to do tacos with everything but the hooves. I think it's one of those Mexican grocery deals with a few tables in the back and some old Mezcan grandma in there boiling pig heads all day.

[Linked Image from media-cdn.tripadvisor.com]
And it's a burro not a burrito...

Kent
Posted By: BobMt Re: Savor that burrito - 10/01/22
Originally Posted by krp
And it's a burro not a burrito...

Kent

first time I ordered at taco bell in wy...long time ago....I said I wanted a bean burro...they didnt have a clue what I was talking about....bob
Posted By: krp Re: Savor that burrito - 10/02/22
I think they named it a burrito after the condition your butthole is in after eating one...

Kent
Posted By: okie Re: Savor that burrito - 10/02/22
Allsup's three day old burritos (properly aged under a heat lamp) is the epitome of west Texas driving food, bar none....
Posted By: Backroads Re: Savor that burrito - 10/02/22

Super Burrito on Kirman close down?
Made with real burro's
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Savor that burrito - 10/02/22
It is extremely possible to cook food at home.

Yes there is great Mexican food all over the US. But there ain't none around here . Good Tex-Mex is not Mexican food. The occasional Mom and Pop joint crops up here and there those are generally the best hands down....
Posted By: krp Re: Savor that burrito - 10/02/22
In the early 90s I went to Oahu for the company I worked for on a construction project. There was one Mexican restaurant listed on the island, downtown Honolulu. Decided to try it, the menu had mexican sounding dishes... what came out was unrecognizable as anything mex and tasted even worse.

Kent
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Savor that burrito - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by Backroads

I think they're all closed now. That one put me in the emergency room a few years ago. sick sick sick
Posted By: Backroads Re: Savor that burrito - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by Backroads

I think they're all closed now. That one put me in the emergency room a few years ago. sick sick sick

I spent some time living about 4 blocks from the Super Burrito on Kirman, it was in the mall parking lot by the theater. Family run place, homestyle food.

Lol, crappy neighborhood! But the food was good.

Rent was cheap, Mt. Rose was a 30 minute drive, Pyramid lake about an hour and 15.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Savor that burrito - 10/02/22

I'd love to see the slop you shovel into that fat fugkin' face.

LOL

LOL. Running out of beer makes you angry.

Hopefully someone will take pity on you and drive your whiny ass to the Liquor Store tomorrow.

#TooManyDUI’sToDrive 😂😂😂
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Savor that burrito - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by krp
In the early 90s I went to Oahu for the company I worked for on a construction project. There was one Mexican restaurant listed on the island, downtown Honolulu. Decided to try it, the menu had mexican sounding dishes... what came out was unrecognizable as anything mex and tasted even worse.

Kent

Sounds like a place I went to in Jamestown NY. Late 90's. I lived down the road a bit in PA, asked a couple of folks where to get some Mexican food, as there was no place nearby. Jamestown was the "Big Town" in the area with the Sears store and such, so I found the place they recommended next time I was up there.

Probably should have known better than to take any Pennsylvanian advice about Mexican food given that in the 70's when I lived down in So PA one of the folks I fixed homemade shredded beef burritos for told me he preferred the beef and bean ones from the cooler in the 7-11. Then again, I think he was born in Binghamton NY.

Ordered a beef burrito at the place in Jamestown.

Waitress asked "Do you want onions on that?" Uh, yeah.

"You want peppers on that? " Uh, yeah.

"You want chips and "salsa"? I think I was nice and didn't say "well duh" and just said yeah.

Order comes, burrito swimming in red stuff that turns out tasting like spaghetti sauce, it even had ground beef in it, not spicy or even much chili flavor at all. The peppers in it were bell peppers, at least the onion tasted like onion.

Check came. $0.50 extra for the onion. $0.50 extra for the peppers. $3.50 (I think) for the chips and salsa

WTF I think. I figured she was being polite in asking about those things as I learned a long time ago about some Pennsylvanians, the ones that don't have family from warm places like Italy or Spain, think garlic in spaghetti sauce makes it "too spicy".

I gave her a bit of an earful when I told her those things, including the chips and salsa, are normal and free where I come from. Paid the check and never returned.

Good thing was, traveling through Bradford PA, having already eaten though, my wife and I noticed a sandwich board type sign on the sidewalk downtown. Mexican Food. One day we returned, myself somewhat reluctantly but with high hopes after the Jamestown experience, sat down, were greeted by a nice gringo lady, ordered our food. We were pleasantly surprised and told the gal so. And asked where she learned to make such good Mexican food.

She told us she grew up there but lived for a number of years in Buckeye AZ, where her Mexican husband managed a restaurant there. When she got homesick and wanted to move back to Bradford he agreed and opened a restaurant of their own when they got there.

The folks where I lived thought we were crazy to drive the hour or so, sometimes in winter with snow, just for Mexican food. When I told them I have probably eaten more tacos, enchiladas, burritos etc than hamburgers and hot dogs, they still didn't seem to understand.

It was hard enough in the 70's in PA for me to go to various stores just to get the ingredients to make the aforementioned burritos for my friends. I can make stuff I need to when I get to jonesin for Mexican food, but I cannot fathom living somewhere without a decent Mexican restaurant within a relatively short drive.
Posted By: DouginAlaska Re: Savor that burrito - 10/02/22
We've been to Mexico many times and usually to to Ixtapa Zihuatanejo. First time down there we went to Mazatlan. We were walking the streets and looking for a place to have lunch. Stopped in at a food joint along the street and sat down. The owner came out to serve us and I asked if his tacos were made with ground beef. He went ballistic on me. He said. "You want tacos with ground beef, go to the USA and eat at Taco Bell". Still laugh my jazz off about that to this day.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Savor that burrito - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska
We've been to Mexico many times and usually to to Ixtapa Zihuatanejo. First time down there we went to Mazatlan. We were walking the streets and looking for a place to have lunch. Stopped in at a food joint along the street and sat down. The owner came out to serve us and I asked if his tacos were made with ground beef. He went ballistic on me. He said. "You want tacos with ground beef, go to the USA and eat at Taco Bell". Still laugh my jazz off about that to this day.

Shoulda just asked him “what do you call a cow with no legs?”
Posted By: remaction Re: Savor that burrito - 10/02/22
In hindsight, the 30 minutes I was waiting for the burrito was much shorter than the wait time when we were in Mexico waiting for our food to be prepared...
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Savor that burrito - 10/02/22
Couple of years back I went out to eat with my brother in NY State, Orange County, upscale acreage homesites.

We went to a local Mexican place, the food was just OK, the chips and salsa sucked. The force afterwards was pretty good tho.

It was my turn to pick up the tab.... WTF, $60 before the tip. Woulda cost less than half that around here.
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Savor that burrito - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
Originally Posted by DouginAlaska

Shoulda just asked him “what do you call a cow with no legs?”

What do you call a Cow with 3 legs?

Lean Beef.

What do you call a cow with No Legs?

Ground Beef.

What do you call a Cow with 2 legs?

Your mom
© 24hourcampfire