Home
Posted By: org_Rogue_Hunter Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Long long did it take for the "train wreck" to end? Who had the shortest marriage?
Posted By: 160user Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
I got drunk and married a co-worker in Nevada in my youth. It was around 7 hours before we could have it anulled.
Posted By: hanco Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
12 yrs the first time, wifey was married 3 months her first time
Posted By: drop_point Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
A decade. I guess I lose this contest.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
I knew a couple that came home from their honeymoon early fighting. They took three weeks to get it annulled. The first posting of 7 hours is going to be hard to beat.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Fellow I went to school with, got married by the justice of the peace. After the ceremony, they got to arguing over where to go eat, so he drove back to the justice of the peace, and tore up the marriage certificate. Dont know if that one counts or not.
Posted By: kenoh2 Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
My alcoholic, coke-head brother in law married his girlfriend of a month during a trip to Vegas. Divorced two weeks later.
Posted By: Wannabebwana Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Had a colleague who married a guy she’d just met two weeks before. Still together after 15 years. But they’re both kinda quirky so I guess it works for them.

2nd marriage lasted 9 months, but it took me another 3.5 years to GTFO.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Shortest so far is 27 years.
Clocks still running.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
My brother was divorced and living in LaGrange Georgia. His long lost girlfriend from college called him up, Jewish gal who had moved to Miami.
They had a 2 hour talk, and the next day Joni flew up to LaGrange with her 7 year old daughter and she married my brother that day, at the justice of the peace.

On day 6 of the marriage, Joni heard a commotion in the kitchen, my brother's 8 year old son was holding a butcher knife, and telling Joni's daughter. "Come near me again bitch and I will carve you up."

The newlywed grabbed her daughter and her suitcase, called a cab, and by sunset was back in Miami. She got the marriage annulled on day 7.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Shortest so far is 27 years.
Clocks still running.
Same here!
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Several years ago a wedding reception in our home town turned into a brawl between the two families...somebody went after somebody with a chainsaw. (At the risk of extending this thread for 38 more pages, I'll mention that I think it was a Stihl chainsaw. )I think the law was called on that one.

More recently one of my wife's cousin's kids got married...another epic wedding reception brawl between the two families. The bride and groom each ended up going home with their parents. Both families have a streak of congenital batshit crazy. Seems to me the kids are now happily married.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Only one divorce in my family.... in 1948... when my uncle got divorced.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Not the shortest but I'm very constant. All 3 of my marriages ended at the 5th year.
Posted By: greydog Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
My brother was divorced and living in LaGrange Georgia. His long lost girlfriend from college called him up, Jewish gal who had moved to Miami.
They had a 2 hour talk, and the next day Joni flew up to LaGrange with her 7 year old daughter and she married my brother that day, at the justice of the peace.

On day 6 of the marriage, Joni heard a commotion in the kitchen, my brother's 8 year old son was holding a butcher knife, and telling Joni's daughter. "Come near me again bitch and I will carve you up."

The newlywed grabbed her daughter and her suitcase, called a cab, and by sunset was back in Miami. She got the marriage annulled on day 7.
Your nephew sounds like he will need to have a cell reserved for him when he comes of age. Been my kid, he would have had a tough existence for a while. My own marriage is just coming to the end of the 53rd year, so I'm certainly not in the running. GD
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
9 months. She was out sampling different weener. And the second one, two years. Also checking out other options.

Both had a history of abuse, but I comfort myself by thinking it was because I must have a boring weener. Lol

Years later I got remarried and we just celebrated ten years this week. I taught it some tricks to keep this one entertained.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
A little over two years the first time. Second time 52 years. It came to an end when she passed. Dunno if I want to try for a third time around.
PJ
Posted By: memtb Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
I believe that my brother had one that lasted about 2 weeks! memtb
Posted By: KillerBee Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
4 months for me, not the shortest, but short enough.

It took me that long to figure out that when you have 1 woman in your life you argue a lot. When you have several, you never argue lol

Never got married again :o)
Posted By: Osky Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by 160user
I got drunk and married a co-worker in Nevada in my youth. It was around 7 hours before we could have it anulled.

Lucky Bastid, wish mine had been that quick.

Osky
Posted By: KillerBee Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
So true,

Said by the Mountain Man in Jeremiah Johnson, I moved out west after watching that movie! :o)
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by greydog
Originally Posted by simonkenton7

Your nephew sounds like he will need to have a cell reserved for him when he comes of age. Been my kid, he would have had a tough existence for a while. My own marriage is just coming to the end of the 53rd year, so I'm certainly not in the running. GD

I figured that kid was headed for the state pen. As far as I know he has never been arrested.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by cra1948
Several years ago a wedding reception in our home town turned into a brawl between the two families...somebody went after somebody with a chainsaw. (At the risk of extending this thread for 38 more pages, I'll mention that I think it was a Stihl chainsaw. )I think the law was called on that one.

More recently one of my wife's cousin's kids got married...another epic wedding reception brawl between the two families. The bride and groom each ended up going home with their parents. Both families have a streak of congenital batshit crazy. Seems to me the kids are now happily married.

Why call the law?
Couple years?
He is Stihl trying to start it!😎
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22

Why call the law?
Couple years?

Only if they ran it out of gas……
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22

Why call the law?
Couple years?
Probably true. My Stihl is a finicky POS. Tried starting it a couple of hours ago and I'm done with it and in the market for a replacement.
Posted By: Snowwolfe Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Why call the law?
Couple years?
Probably true. My Stihl is a finicky POS. Tried starting it a couple of hours ago and I'm done with it and in the market for a replacement.

Buy a can of starting fluid. Start the Stihl and sell it. Then go buy an Echo.
Posted By: drop_point Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
I used to sell Husqy, Stihl, and Echo. About 1 of 4 Echos came in for repairs in the warranty period. About 1 of 5 Husqys. Then about 1 of maybe 20 Stihls. An older guy that looked like he had never ran a saw in his life was purchasing a new Echo. I asked a guy what made him choose to buy an Echo once. He said he looked through our shop window and saw all the broken Stihl saws (there were maybe five) and said he figured that was a bad sign. I chuckled and smiled as I was filling out his paperwork. He asked me why. I grinned and told him we sell 200 Stihls for every Echo and pulled the two broken brand new Echos up so that he could see them. Lots of guys do have problems starting Stihls, but that's usually because they don't know how they work. If it doesn't have a primer bulb, they can't figure it out.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
My cousin does not have the record for the shortest marriage, but he may well have the record for the craziest bitch of an ex-wife.

They dated for a couple months, and she came up pregnant.

He did not want to sire any bastard, so he agreed to marry her. Though they would never live together and the relationship was finished. He expected her to agree to a divorce directly after she gave birth.

She provided ultra sound images of twins. And subsequently called and said she was in the hospital. Babies were quite premature, one was headed to SLC neonatal care and was not expected to live.

His Mom ran down to the hospital and demanded to see her new grand baby. They had no patients with the proper names.

When everything came out in the wash, it was discovered the entire pregnancy was faked. The ultrasounds were from a previous pregnancy several years in the past which ended in a miscarriage.

He hired a lawyer and got the marriage dissolved. Divorce or annulment? I do not know.

One day after his separation was finalized, he found her name in the paper (legal notices) where she had become divorced from a previous husband.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
The first one was a little over 2yrs, she didn't like my girlfriends.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
LOL

Ya that’s a short marriage!
Posted By: reivertom Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
One of the most lavish, expensive, and elaborate weddings in our area only lasted about 6 or 8 months. Not a record for shortest, but maybe for the "dollars per day" average.
Posted By: 160user Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by 160user

Lucky Bastid, wish mine had been that quick.

Osky

The next one was 8 horrible years and $125k. I never tried it again and don't mind my own cooking.
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Only married once, tomorrow makes 25 yrs
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Winner
Posted By: MD521 Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
I'm working on 52 years, and wondering.
Posted By: Jcubed Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/02/22
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Only married once, tomorrow makes 25 yrs

Happy Anniversary to you both!
Posted By: MegaMehg Re: Shortest marriage? - 10/03/22
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey