Home
Ordered a Lyman trimmer pilot for a caliber I am going to help a guy who needs some ammo. He is wheelchair bound and can't find what he wants local.

I ordered said pilot from Midway, took 6 business days to get here, (had to come through Memphrica of course), slit the package, three stainless steel black powder nipples in metric thread, "Not for use in American guns". Call Midway back and it will be another 6-8 days.

Ordered a set of sights from Cabelas using my points, front and rear, I got the front, no rear.

Just frost me, I have to suit the wife, IRS, my bosses and all that, if I drop a ball there is hell to pay on every front, I am just pissed and tired of it all...
It’s everywhere and everything. Covid and Biden broke the economy. No one wants to work. The ones that do are overworked and swamped. In every single business I talk to from lawyers and doctors to contractors and retail, everyone is the same and everyone seems to be in the same boat. They are all overworked and running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Everyone says, “I’ve never seen anything like this.”
Customer service is a thing of the past , I won’t even order a coffee at a drive through they [bleep] it up and I drink it black no sugar ! My buddy just ordered some broadheads from a small mom and pop place we try to support, sent the wrong ones and not enough he called talked to the owners wife she apologized and sent the wrong ones a second time ! He called again she said I’ll call you right back , never another word …
Originally Posted by MikeL2

LOL !

I’m guessing the blame falls on the USPS or UPS.

Been ordering from Midway for YEARS. Not one problem ever.
My wife and I went south last winter to visit relatives. When we got below South Dakota it amazed us. We usually grab some fast food and coffee for breakfast. Not one time in 3 weeks did we get a correct serving as ordered. Absolutely astonishing. Sure glad they pay 15 bucks an hour now or it would really be bad. Sarcasm
! Edk
So there are mind numbed imbeciles at Midway that can’t tell a trimmer pilot from a muzzleloader nipple

And probably another imbecile that is dyslexic that stock parts in wrong bins.

And obviously no last glance QC.

Must be hiring ex Arby’s employees
Originally Posted by slumlord
So there are mind numbed imbeciles at Midway that can’t tell a trimmer pilot from a muzzleloader nipple

And probably another imbecile that is dyslexic that stock parts in wrong bins.

And obviously no last glance QC.

Must be hiring ex Arby’s employees

Groids from McD’s and Burger King, most likely. 😜
It's quite apparent that your English teaches didn't do their jobs.
Question: can't nobody do nothing they are supposed to anymore?

Answer: it appears that everyone is doing nothing that they are supposed to anymore!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Got a Case knife last Christmas. This Case is bad and should not have made it out the door. Took Case 3 months to respond to an email. I have been waiting on a prepaid mailer to send the knife back. I email them and the say it’s sent. Just a game now. I was a big Case knife fan, think I will stick with my Chinese Buck!,
I was reading an article the other day about a fast food chain, I think it was Wendy's, who hired some spies to go work in their restaurants and report what the problems are all of a sudden. Besides the employees just not showing up on time or at all for shifts, they found that they intentionally filled the orders wrong so customers would get mad and not come back. Their thinking was that with less customers, they wouldn't have to work so hard.
Originally Posted by mavrik
Got a Case knife last Christmas. This Case is bad and should not have made it out the door. Took Case 3 months to respond to an email. I have been waiting on a prepaid mailer to send the knife back. I email them and the say it’s sent. Just a game now. I was a big Case knife fan, think I will stick with my Chinese Buck!,

You're better off with a Japanese made Spyderco.
Originally Posted by Boogan1
I was reading an article the other day about a fast food chain, I think it was Wendy's, who hired some spies to go work in their restaurants and report what the problems are all of a sudden. Besides the employees just not showing up on time or at all for shifts, they found that they intentionally filled the orders wrong so customers would get mad and not come back. Their thinking was that with less customers, they wouldn't have to work so hard.

I mentioned this a few days ago, although my memory was a Sub sandwich place, Blimpy Subs?
Although many businesses likely do this spy game.
Originally Posted by Thunder_child
Oh lovely a grammar fàggot

I’m gonna guess you’re 80 years old and haven’t seen your dick or your toes in 30 years.

So in your Angela Lansbury existence, could you please make a screen shot and include red lined corrections.

Remember if you’re not able to post pics, then you’re completely full of shît

Hurry up ‘Teach….we’re waiting

chop
chop

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Japlvr
Originally Posted by mavrik

You're better off with a Japanese made Spyderco.

Yep.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
It’s everywhere and everything. Covid and Biden broke the economy. No one wants to work. The ones that do are overworked and swamped. In every single business I talk to from lawyers and doctors to contractors and retail, everyone is the same and everyone seems to be in the same boat. They are all overworked and running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Everyone says, “I’ve never seen anything like this.”

Prezactly
No, our world has taken a turn for the worse
Originally Posted by bbrown
Customer service is a thing of the past , I won’t even order a coffee at a drive through they [bleep] it up and I drink it black no sugar ! My buddy just ordered some broadheads from a small mom and pop place we try to support, sent the wrong ones and not enough he called talked to the owners wife she apologized and sent the wrong ones a second time ! He called again she said I’ll call you right back , never another word …

Well, not always.

Got some bottles for my family for Christmas a couple of years back from Liberty Bottles. Made in America, refillable not plastic junk that you toss in the trash.

My sister's had an issue with the coating coming off. She was just going to turn it into a vase or something. I said give me the damn thing and I'll contact them, I bought them anyway.

Here's the email I got back from them after contacting Customer Service:

Hello Geno,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We appreciate you being a Liberty supporter over the years.

I am sincerely sorry that the bottle you gave to your sister is defective. Unfortunately, we found a batch of bottles went out our door without properly curing the inner liner.
Our liner is BPA free and food grade, so it will not harm your sister in any way, although best not to use.

I have authorized a warranty replacement bottle to be sent to the address you have provided, free of charge.
I looked you up in our system, and unfortunately a lot of the designs you ordered September of 2020 are no longer available.
Although, if you could take a look at our website and choose a bottle, I can get it sent out to you by the end of the day!

I’m gonna guess you’re 80 years old and haven’t seen your dick or your toes in 30 years.

So in your Angela Lansbury existence, could you please make a screen shot and include red lined corrections.

chop
chop

You missed a couple of periods at the end of some of your sentences.

Signed,

punctuation man
In two and a half decades of running a business, I've never seen staffing this bad.

It horrendous and is daily crushing our productivity.

Double pay approved for everyone, but I don't want to whip those who actually come to work too bad. I have some working 60-70 hours/week.

I don't know how to improve it.
I order a fair amount of stuff and most often receive exactly what I order. If this is a recurring problem, could it be OPerator error? Sorry if this does not fit the narrative.
GFY! I was pouting and the vernacular fits.
Originally Posted by WMR
I order a fair amount of stuff and most often receive exactly what I order. If this is a recurring problem, could it be OPerator error? Sorry if this does not fit the narrative.
It does not fit. In both instances I have the order form and I can promise I did not order metric threaded nipples, and as for the rifle sites, what good would one be without the other?
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
LOL !

I’m guessing the blame falls on the USPS or UPS.

Been ordering from Midway for YEARS. Not one problem ever.
Most likely the picker at the DC did not care to check the order pulled. I build those things for Macys and Tractor Supply, and know the turnover rate is astounding.

Children coming out of schools today don't have to perform to pass, they cannot read and basically do not care about anything but their phones and their social media.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

chop
chop

You missed a couple of periods at the end of some of your sentences.

Signed,

punctuation man
Bet that gal could sour milk looking at it. 👏
It's getting really bad.

Nobody has any Fs left to give it seems.

Most started with none.

Fast food again.
Even down to Sheetz hot dogs.
You order food, I swear they grab the makings and throw them at
The container. Not talking about loose lettuce or onion in the bottom,
I'm talking about the burger half off the bun, pickles ever where but on
the sandwich.

Small stuff, but that level of competence seems to be accepted everywhere.
We are becoming China. Everything done half assed.
I walked into my neighborhood Dollar General to grab some dog food, paper towels and coffee creamer yesterday.

I get to the back of the store and see the two girls that work there stocking shelves.
Got the paper towels and was headed for the dog food when some ancient old smuck in the front of the store starts screaming 'does anybody work in this dam store?'.

He was at the checkout counter.

I glance back at the gals stocking shelves, they were just shaking there heads and continued to stock the shelves.

The old smuck at the checkout counter continued to scream.

I got my dog food and made my way up front, the old smuck was still standing there raging, he looked like he was near heart attack level.
I used the self checkout and was out the door in a flash.

As I returned my cart to the store from the parking lot I saw that one of the girls had finally made her way from the back of the store to wait on the old smuck, I also noticed the 'help wanted' sign taped to the door.

Them girls were working alright, they were working thier azzes off.
If it'd been me I'd have left him standing there screaming and waited to see if he'd try to get out the door without paying for his schit and then had him arrested.

As soon as I got out of the parking lot I realized I'd forgotten the coffee creamer, the screaming old smuck had distracted me.

Notta problem, I'd just stop at the Circle K on the way home.

It's always better to pay $7.99 for a tiny bottle of $2.50 coffee creamer anyway.

As I walked into Circle K I noticed they also had a 'help wanted' sign on the door. There's a guy waiting at the register, the only kid working there was mopping up the floor by the soda dispenser.

Looked like one of those 1 gallon Big Gulp cups had exploded on the floor creating a flood of Mt Dew and ice.

I grabbed my coffee creamer and headed for the register, the kid had switched from mopping the floor to putting hotdogs on the little roller things, there was coffee filters and bags of coffee all over the counter around the coffee machine but there was no coffee in a pot.

I took my place in line behind the other customer and waited.

Shortly kid came bounding up to wait on us.
The guy in front of me was buying lottery tickets, he was also cashing in winning lottery tickets.

He was having a difficult time deciding exactly which scratch off tickets he wanted to buy, he must of been a master gambler and had a special strategy to pick out the winners.

After he got it all figured out there was a money discrepancy as to how much his winning tickets had been worth verses the new ones he was attempting to buy, he wasn't as rich as he had thought, he had to put a couple of his new picks back.
The kid was pretty quick on the register at correcting the returned tickets and the gambler was soon on his way.

By the time I paid for my creamer there was a half a dozen more customers in line behind me. There still wasn't any coffee and the kid had left to mop out by the soda dispenser.

These people are working, in fact they are working their azzes off.
They seem a little short handed, they're multi-tasking covering for two jobs on one shift.

Be cool, stay calm.

Patience is a virtue.
About the same here Jeff...

We have ONE fast food... Drive thru only because of short staffing.

Same old ladies that have been there for years... and a couple of young girls.

I tip them every time (mostly) and thanks them...

One grocery store also... it is a madhouse at 7am on the discounted day old meat.
Originally Posted by Boogan1
So that must be why the Manager of Wendy's told me her and the peon clerk "don't need your money" and slammed and locked the window. Then when you go to make a complaint online, the website won't actually allow you to do such a thing.
I ordered a Colt 14.5" SOCOM barrel recently from Brownell's. It looked like somebody took chisel and hammer to it. Cosmetic flaws don't bother me, but when I pay that much for a barrel, it doesn't need to have displaced steel. What was worse, I used to get shipping from Brownell's in two business days with the cheapest option. Now to get it within 10 days, I have to pay for the more expensive shipping and half the time it gets to go on a tour of the Midwest before it makes it to my house. One literally made it within a mile of my house, then back to the distributor and then back out of state the opposite direction. It seems these days nobody cares about doing a good job.
The last time there was such a serious shortage of workers, the cotton gin was invented. I predict that this time the solution will be similar, but more widespread.
We tried a new steakhouse down the road here last night. The food was decent, the prices were fair, but I’ll not be going back. The service was simply untenable.

It won’t be open long with all the waitresses standing around in a circle looking at their cell phones giggling.
We still live, mostly, in a bubble where people try to do a good job, but I see issues more at the business to business level than at retail. Businesses have more than they can handle, and the Covidiocy has given everyone an excuse to just mail it in. "We don't have it, supply chain". That's all fine and dandy, but I can get it delivered tomorrow after one google search. "prices are high, COVID". I can find it from a non-stocking distributor for half, screw you and the donkey you rode in on.

Not that I'm pizzed off about it or anything.... wink
I’ll give a little example of something I know about. In a certain time frame (I’m not sure how long exactly) in Texas in 2019 the year before Covid, there were 5400 jury trials. In 2020 during that same time frame, there were 4 in the entire state.

That is a massive backlog that will take years to unravel. Especially since in the case of crime, it’s now way up and we’re adding to the backlog. And in the civil stuff, divorces and contract disputes and everything else are up too. It’s [bleep] nightmarish.

Now add to all those backlogs in every sector of the economy with massive staff shortages. Add that a big part of those shortages come on the top end. And by that I mean that many of the people with the most seniority, the most expertise, and the most experience were the ones who could retire and go home and they did. Even if they are replaced, they really aren’t replaced because no replacement is going to be as good…for years if ever.

Imagine in a company you had the one guy who could always find a supply of something by calling a few guys at some other companies. Well, he went home and the guys at the other companies did too. So, now instead of being able to scrounge up enough of something to fill an order, the company is just schit out of luck until the next slow boat from China gets here.

I don’t think things will ever get back to like they were. The ramifications of what we did to this economy are just too big.
Retired machinist here. At least one whole generation was told to get college, not a trade. We could not find anyone to completely replace me. Wife is seriously disabled forcing my retirement, they found a fairly good cnc guy, but manuals are a mystery to him. And he will not double over into assembly or shipping in a pinch. I loved making things.

I just went for a colonoscopy, nurse was 74, same as me. Surely a nurse would beable to retire. She seemed to be thetype that enjoys serving a need. I learned her age by commenting the doc said this is last time as I will be too old next time due.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

chop
chop

You missed a couple of periods at the end of some of your sentences.....

Signed,

punctuation man

fixed it.....
Is it worse because the dude is crippled?

Should we care more? Is it a hate crime?

Sheesh.
Originally Posted by JeffA
I walked into my neighborhood Dollar General to grab some dog food, paper towels and coffee creamer yesterday.

I get to the back of the store and see the two girls that work there stocking shelves.
Got the paper towels and was headed for the dog food when some ancient old smuck in the front of the store starts screaming 'does anybody work in this dam store?'.

He was at the checkout counter.

I glance back at the gals stocking shelves, they were just shaking there heads and continued to stock the shelves.

The old smuck at the checkout counter continued to scream.

I got my dog food and made my way up front, the old smuck was still standing there raging, he looked like he was near heart attack level.
I used the self checkout and was out the door in a flash.

As I returned my cart to the store from the parking lot I saw that one of the girls had finally made her way from the back of the store to wait on the old smuck, I also noticed the 'help wanted' sign taped to the door.

Them girls were working alright, they were working thier azzes off.
If it'd been me I'd have left him standing there screaming and waited to see if he'd try to get out the door without paying for his schit and then had him arrested.

As soon as I got out of the parking lot I realized I'd forgotten the coffee creamer, the screaming old smuck had distracted me.

Notta problem, I'd just stop at the Circle K on the way home.

It's always better to pay $7.99 for a tiny bottle of $2.50 coffee creamer anyway.

As I walked into Circle K I noticed they also had a 'help wanted' sign on the door. There's a guy waiting at the register, the only kid working there was mopping up the floor by the soda dispenser.

Looked like one of those 1 gallon Big Gulp cups had exploded on the floor creating a flood of Mt Dew and ice.

I grabbed my coffee creamer and headed for the register, the kid had switched from mopping the floor to putting hotdogs on the little roller things, there was coffee filters and bags of coffee all over the counter around the coffee machine but there was no coffee in a pot.

I took my place in line behind the other customer and waited.

Shortly kid came bounding up to wait on us.
The guy in front of me was buying lottery tickets, he was also cashing in winning lottery tickets.

He was having a difficult time deciding exactly which scratch off tickets he wanted to buy, he must of been a master gambler and had a special strategy to pick out the winners.

After he got it all figured out there was a money discrepancy as to how much his winning tickets had been worth verses the new ones he was attempting to buy, he wasn't as rich as he had thought, he had to put a couple of his new picks back.
The kid was pretty quick on the register at correcting the returned tickets and the gambler was soon on his way.

By the time I paid for my creamer there was a half a dozen more customers in line behind me. There still wasn't any coffee and the kid had left to mop out by the soda dispenser.

These people are working, in fact they are working their azzes off.
They seem a little short handed, they're multi-tasking covering for two jobs on one shift.

Be cool, stay calm.

Patience is a virtue.

Yep.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Is it worse because the dude is crippled?

Should we care more? Is it a hate crime?

Sheesh.
He was beat up in a car wreck, paralyzed from the waist down. I try to help him out when I can. He can't work and groceries are slim.

He got a 6.5 that he can manage out of his chair.

It did not make it worse, it is just the facts.

Sorry if that does not meet your criteria.
I just got home from 5 Guys Hamburgers. I asked for pickles, onions and mustard only on the burger. I did get the pickles and onions but I got ketchup instead of mustard. My receipt clearly says pickles, onions and mustard. They were all nice folks with smiles and friendly hello's but apparently they missed reading comprehension in school.

kwg
This is the new normal. Stupid, lazy or both at the same time. I'm getting pretty old and won't have to deal with this stuff much soon. Still working at my job and probably will continue to as long as I can. My bosses still appreciate my efforts and I get some satisfaction from it as well. Many at my workplace are pretty much "checked out". Screw them.

Convinced my wife to drop most of the terrible tv subscriptions. She wasn't happy but did it because I asked. There are plenty of free channels with crap just as good as the "premium" channels. Ten part mini series about serial killers, dwarves and elves fighting each other. Seriously, made me sick to pay for that trash.
© 24hourcampfire