Jefferson
Never heard of the place.

🦫
Posted By: nash22 Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/13/22
Nope
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
I’m in denial.

Is dat de river in Africa?
Oregon brothers, make certain you vote NO on ballot measure 114.

Spread the word.

https://stop114.com/

🦫
Posted By: 1911a1 Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/13/22
would love to hunt Blacktails there some day.
Posted By: Rogue Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/13/22
Amen Brother Beav
Originally Posted by 1911a1
No you don’t. They are about the hardest to kill while in a tight race with a coues whitetail.
Originally Posted by Nestucca
No you don’t. They are about the hardest to kill while in a tight race with a coues whitetail.

The big ones sure are. Damn hard to hunt them up in the dark. Nocturnal bastids.

🦫
Right on Mark
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Tide_Change
I’m in denial.

Is dat de river in Africa?

Yessir.

It’s a beautiful state in many ways, has lots to offer to the outdoors type, but is governed by the libtards in about 3 of it’s counties.

Getting real tired of it.

Posted By: MarkWV Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/13/22
No.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This buck was from Oregon. He had no testicles…

Go figure 😁
LMAO.

Nice Muley!

🦫
Originally Posted by Beaver10
LMAO.

Nice Muley!

🦫

Thanks

The taxidermist in Burns said that was the 11th one he had taken in during rifle season.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/13/22
I hunted in SW Idaho, first time I entered Oregon I walked across the state line on foot ! ! !
Originally Posted by Springcove
LMAO.

Nice Muley!

🦫

Thanks

The taxidermist in Burns said that was the 11th one he had taken in during rifle season.

With no nuts?

🦫
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/13/22
LMAO.

Nice Muley!

🦫

Thanks

With no nuts?

🦫
Even the deer in OR are weird.....................

Living up to the bumper stickers?
Originally Posted by Valsdad
LMAO.

Nice Muley!

🦫

Thanks

With no nuts?

🦫

Why you old, coyote looking hippy…Don’t you dare start in.

Lol

🦫
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/13/22
Originally Posted by Valsdad
LMAO.

Nice Muley!

🦫

Thanks

With no nuts?

🦫

Why you old, coyote looking hippy…Don’t you dare start in.

Lol

🦫

Springcove's deer must have been getting "injections" of testosterone from his buddies in order to grow that rack while not possessing nuts.

That's Oregon weird for sure.
Cactus Buck.

Now that is weird.

https://www.dfw.state.or.us/wildlife/health_program/docs/Cactus_buck_Q_and_A.pdf

🦫
Landed their once and took off from their once.
94 ish.

Didnt see anyone taking a dump on the streets or anything like that.
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Originally Posted by renegade50
Landed their once and took off from their once.
94 ish.

Didnt see anyone taking a dump on the streets or anything like that.
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

You must have been asleep in the back seat of the plane then.
Headed knoxtucky for The weekend hanging with the son and DIL to watch the game. Then back just in time for the late October storms.
LMAO.

Nice Muley!

🦫

Thanks

With no nuts?

🦫

Yes!!! No nuts… It is Oregon…😂😂😂
There where a few of those killed out in the Applegate 15-20 years back.

Thanks for the info. I have been told by 4 different people that cowboys will catch male fawns and castrate them because they are better to eat.

You Oregon folks are strange…
Posted By: rufous Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/13/22
Rooster7, why do you ask? Seems like a strange question and then to simply say "just that" is even odder. Anyway my dad's dad (that would be my grandfather for those of you from Rio Linda) and my dad and myself were all born in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. I used to think that was a good thing based on it pretty much being the modern version of the Promised Land but I fled there 4 days ago and am now a resident of the red state of Arkansas.

Still wondering why you care if any Campfire members are from Oregon.
Orygun
Why would anyone live in Oregon?!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I've spent lots of time in Eugene and La Grande and Portland on a few occasions. Sure as hell wouldn't consider living there. Chithole in my opinion.

However, that's a nice Savage Model 99 you have there, I believe. Is that a 99C?
Nice pics FB...
Posted By: deflave Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/13/22
Oregon is where people go to quit.

LOL
Posted By: deflave Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/13/22
Originally Posted by Fireball2

When the Check Engine light is stuck on, "ON.”

LOL
Originally Posted by deflave

When the Check Engine light is stuck on, "ON.”

LOL

Nice picture of a dink.

Not the deer…
I'm a 4th generation Oregon native.

My folks lived in Springfield when I was born in 1952, and Springfield didn't have a hospital until 2 years after I was born.

So, I hate to admit it, but I was born in Eugene. (kicks toe in dirt!)

Virgil B.
Fishing is decent.

Crabbing ain’t bad

Politics and taxes are a total shîtshow.

P
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/13/22
Yes, taking the state back, priority 1. And Flave florida is where the people that give up, go to die!
I'd challenge the big talkers from Florida and Montana to come to Oregon and hunt DIY and post some photos of their success. I know that's not Shraps style, he'd rather throw 20K at a guide and shoot a ranch deer from the pickup. LOL

Hey Travis, bring your best 7mm-08, I hear the recoil is manageable for children and women, and don't forget the (correct) ammo! LOL
Posted By: Seafire Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/13/22
Minus Potlandia and Screw'em.. I mean Salem... there is nothing wrong with Oregon...

exceptin the methheads and the endless supply of ex Californians, who move up here and then complain it ain't like California, but with a lot less people.

anyone that wants to take a blacktail... come on by.. I only have like 20 to 50 passing thru the yard on a daily basis...
I'd challenge the big talkers from Florida and Montana to come to Oregon and hunt DIY and post some photos of their success. I know that's not Shraps style, he'd rather throw 20K at a guide and shoot a ranch deer from the pickup. LOL

Hey Travis, bring your best 7mm-08, I hear the recoil is manageable for children and women, and don't forget the (correct) ammo! LOL

Uh, I shoot a 7mm-08.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Uh, I shoot a 7mm-08.

I have one cuz it's pretty and was made by a famous gunsmith. LOL
Originally Posted by Seafire
Minus Potlandia and Screw'em.. I mean Salem... there is nothing wrong with Oregon...

exceptin the methheads and the endless supply of ex Californians, who move up here and then complain it ain't like California, but with a lot less people.

anyone that wants to take a blacktail... come on by.. I only have like 20 to 50 passing thru the yard on a daily basis...

John, there's two kinds of deer. Yard deer are what you're talking about. They're everywhere in the valley and that's how most people fill their tags, from their porch. The last week of season you can hear shots ringing out all over the valley as the big boys come out of hiding and go searching for yard does. Not much of a challenge.

Then there's mountain deer. Those deer aren't wandering around out in the open, they're buried in some hellhole fighting the predators for their very survival. Last trip out we saw more bears (3) than bucks (1)!!! Those wild mountain blacktails aren't anything like their valley counterparts. If you hunt them you will pay dearly for each and every one you get in every way you can imagine, if you can find one.

I always smile when I see the hero shot of a yard deer drug off the lawn to the edge of the brush and the glory photo shot.
Originally Posted by rufous
Rooster7, why do you ask? Seems like a strange question and then to simply say "just that" is even odder. Anyway my dad's dad (that would be my grandfather for those of you from Rio Linda) and my dad and myself were all born in the Willamette Valley of Oregon. I used to think that was a good thing based on it pretty much being the modern version of the Promised Land but I fled there 4 days ago and am now a resident of the red state of Arkansas.

Still wondering why you care if any Campfire members are from Oregon.

It's a spoof. (joke)

Because besides California, Texas and Oregon are probably the two most talked about states on this forum and have been forever. Then we have threads started like "Anybody here from, Texas!?"

lol I thought it was comical.
Born in Oregon City and did not marry within the family. So there.
My family settled in Southern Oregon in 1862. Been to most states and all over the world years at a time. Very tough to find a better place to live.

Yes the take over of Oregon happened in the 90’s when mail in voting was mandated.

You couldn’t challenge a pygmy to a foot race. No matter what state you came from you’d still be a loser, I don’t blame Oregon for your pathetic personality.

You forget that it was you that threw down the gauntlet in the first place. I never criticized anything you had done but for some reason you felt you needed to criticize me which I really don’t care.

Competition with you wouldn’t be any different than arm wrestling a girl, an easy win but nothing gained.

Keep up your pathetic rambling and attempts to accomplish anything of merit, at least you will be satisfied…
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: fester Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/13/22
I wish. The place is beautiful.

John, there's two kinds of deer. Yard deer are what you're talking about. They're everywhere in the valley and that's how most people fill their tags, from their porch. The last week of season you can hear shots ringing out all over the valley as the big boys come out of hiding and go searching for yard does. Not much of a challenge.

Then there's mountain deer. Those deer aren't wandering around out in the open, they're buried in some hellhole fighting the predators for their very survival. Last trip out we saw more bears (3) than bucks (1)!!! Those wild mountain blacktails aren't anything like their valley counterparts. If you hunt them you will pay dearly for each and every one you get in every way you can imagine, if you can find one.

I always smile when I see the hero shot of a yard deer drug off the lawn to the edge of the brush and the glory photo shot.

whistle

I admit, after trapsing all over the woods around here, the last 3 seasons, at the end of the season, I just wacked one in the yard...

bigger, better fed, decent racks in this neighborhood....and yeah, I don't have to drag them 2 miles to the truck when they were in the yard..

and I'm more athletically inclined for the yard anymore,

but I still spend time seeing if I come across a good one up in the mountains...

then get home and they are grazing in the yard... yeah getting old sucks.
Can't we all just get along? Rodney King...
Posted By: fester Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/13/22
Oregon is beautiful.
Originally Posted by shrapnel
You forget that it was you that threw down the gauntlet in the first place. I never criticized anything you had done but for some reason you felt you needed to criticize me which I really don’t care.

Not even close. The first time you made my radar was your comment "Who's house?" when I posted a photo of a damn nice buck I took archery. At the time #7 in the Pope and Young record books from Oregon. But not talking about the buck or the thread, you went off in the weeds with the "Who' house?" comment.

Knowing how you're all about showing off your money to the whole world I know exactly what your comment was meant to accomplish.

*I deleted the rest of my post, you're not even worth the time it takes to respond to you. What a dick.

No disrespect intended John!

It's a fact of life a guy like Shrapnel could come to Oregon with the right tag at the right time and whack a huge buck just driving around in his brand new King Mountain Edition someschit whatever truck, then post the glory shot on the internet and half the guys here would fall all over themselves to kiss his ass. Sad world we live in and damn disrespectful to the incredible blacktail buck. Game worthy of more respect than Shrapnel is even capable of understanding. His idea of winning is to show the world how much money he has as a means to elevate himself out of his sad little mind. Whatever, not my problem.

I don't know what makes him more angry, not being successful at hunting blacktails on their terms or having someone he considers an inferior show the world what a tool he is.
Roseburg
Fine Oregon hunting pics.!
Posted By: deflave Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/14/22

Somebody told 'Ballz there was a nickel upstream.

LOL

That would be great.

I could finally ask your wife why she is so angry with me and kick the living schit out of you when I'm done.

LOL
Posted By: 79S Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/14/22

It's a fact of life a guy like Shrapnel could come to Oregon with the right tag at the right time and whack a huge buck just driving around in his brand new King Mountain Edition someschit whatever truck, then post the glory shot on the internet and half the guys here would fall all over themselves to kiss his ass. Sad world we live in and damn disrespectful to the incredible blacktail buck. Game worthy of more respect than Shrapnel is even capable of understanding. His idea of winning is to show the world how much money he has as a means to elevate himself out of his sad little mind. Whatever, not my problem.

I don't know what makes him more angry, not being successful at hunting blacktails on their terms or having someone he considers an inferior show the world what a tool he is.

Have consuela make you some Cosa de Horno, oh and your pussy bleeding..

That’s some Grade-A whine.

Even by Ballz standards.

LOL
tag
The whole tool shed has arrived. LOL

Couldn't help but notice all the fine hunting photos you clowns post on this outdoor forum. On behalf of all the actual hunters on the forums, thanks for your "contributions".

Worthless culls.
I just got home from spending 12 days hunting in eastern oregon. It was great and I killed a unique buck. Don’t care for the politics, liberal idiots but the state is beautiful.
I just got home from spending 12 days hunting in eastern oregon. It was great and I killed a unique buck. Don’t care for the politics, liberal idiots but the state is beautiful.

Pics man! Pics!
Originally Posted by Rooster7

Pics man! Pics!

Page 1. Full velvet 6x4. Had no testicles. Cactus buck

Here’s another
Posted By: 79S Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/14/22
The whole tool shed has arrived. LOL

Couldn't help but notice all the fine hunting photos you clowns post on this outdoor forum. On behalf of all the actual hunters on the forums, thanks for your "contributions".

Worthless culls.

I work at the dump I can barely afford chain oil for my bike much less go on any kind of hunting trip.

Here’s another

Nice buck!

Here’s another

Nice buck!
Weird but cool.
It was a first for me. I have never seen a full velvet buck during rifle season. The taxidermist said that was the 11th he had got in during rifle season. If there is a mite or disease that causes them to have no testicles that’s not a good thing.

I always enjoy my Oregon hunts. Being going up there for 30 years.

Thank you by the way.
Those are some badass blacktails, Fireball and Springcove.

Congrats to you both.
Posted By: Judman Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/15/22
Originally Posted by Nestucca

Outta curiosity, have you hunted coues deer, or have ya just read about it?
Posted By: deflave Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/15/22

It's hard to tell which of the two has less going on behind their eyes.

LOL
Posted By: Dre Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/20/22
Love Oregon.
Hate what has happened it. Embarrassing to be honest. Nothing what it used to be 20 years ago.
Portlandia, Salem, Eugene and Bend need a good cleansing.
Judman I Haven’t hunted them but I have friends that have. I hope to some day.
Rooster7: In a way I "came from Oregon" as both of my parents were born and raised on homesteaded ranches in eastern Oregon, 90% of my relatives live in Oregon, I lost my cherry in Oregon when I was working summers in the mint and hay fields around Madras, Oregon and I spent a LOT of my first 50 years recreating in Oregon. My first "run in" with the law came at age 17 in Oregon as the U.S. Marshals took me into custody and questioned me (no arrest!) about my part in storming the courthouse there in Madras, Oregon as part of a huge crowd intent on lynching a stoner mother who had thrown her three children off of a high bridge on the Deschutes River, to their deaths.
But no I am NOT really "from" Oregon.
It was once a beautiful and safe place to live and recreate - sadly that is no longer the case!
Sad for Oregon here in Montana.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: Tesoro Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/20/22
Oregon is a HUGE state and there are remote 'refuges' that still have conservative small towns with abundant public hunting land and great ocean/rivers. Thats where I live. 2 hrs on [bleep] roads to closest 'civilization', as they call it. Brookings, Oregon,is the farthest place away from any metropolitan area that you can live on the continental west coast.

I cant name one state that dosen't have its own equally bothersome set of socia-political issues, like we do in Oregon with our white liberals instead of your negroes and white liberals in midwest and back east. If you dont have it yet in your state, then the liberal [bleep] from California, who are moving into your state, will soon nose into your town politics in due course.

The difference between Oregon and many other states is that here, we have 'em all concentrated in one small zone, which is only 1/20th of the area of our state.

In 'Montana' 40.5% voted for Biden.
Posted By: deflave Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/20/22
Originally Posted by Tesoro
Oregon is a HUGE state and there are remote 'refuges' that still have conservative small towns with abundant public hunting land and great ocean/rivers. Thats where I live. 2 hrs on [bleep] roads to closest 'civilization', as they call it. Brookings, Oregon,is the farthest place away from any metropolitan area that you can live on the continental west coast.

I cant name one state that dosen't have its own equally bothersome set of socia-political issues, like we do in Oregon with our white liberals instead of your negroes and white liberals in midwest and back east. If you dont have it yet in your state, then the liberal [bleep] from California, who are moving into your state, will soon nose into your town politics in due course.

The difference between Oregon and many other states is that here, we have 'em all concentrated in one small zone, which is only 1/20th of the area of our state.

LOL

This buck was from Oregon. He had no testicles…

Go figure 😁

That’s a “trans” buck…😁

LOL

LOL? from south Florida? Are you Cuban or Haitian or from the Dominican Republic?
LOL? from south Florida? Are you Cuban or Haitian or from the Dominican Republic?

I’m an American.

Being from Oregon, I doubt you’ve ever met one.

LOL

I’m an American.

LOL

Treu..never met a 'cuban-american'.
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/20/22
Deflave is a New Yorker, that couldn't make it in Montana, and followed his employed wife to Florida. I could be wrong, but it's a good theory! 😁😁😁
Posted By: 79S Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/20/22
I put oregon in the rear view mirror July 29th 1998..
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/20/22

I’m an American.

LOL
Thats a real stupid statement. I'm an American, born in Oregon. You constantly ramble and make ,one line stupid statements. Reminds me of Biden! Rambling with no message!!!
I’ve a good friend lives near Kimberly. Beautiful country, visited and bought a suburban off him 20 years ago. Passed through the state on my way to and from taking the family to see the redwoods in Cali couple years ago. As far as natural beauty it is jaw dropping. The miles of Bigfoot land around crater lake, the sage country, etc. I’m not big on coastal bullshît so don’t care to go and won’t comment. I can see why the state attracted so many people.
Ahhh, confusing Oregon and Heathens that live in Oregon. Like there's not Heathens in every other state. Fuuck it.

I’m an American.

LOL

You never met an American.

Period.
Originally Posted by Heym06

I’m an American.

LOL
Thats a real stupid statement. I'm an American, born in Oregon. You constantly ramble and make ,one line stupid statements. Reminds me of Biden! Rambling with no message!!!

You think you are.

But you’re not.
Deflave is a New Yorker, that couldn't make it in Montana, and followed his employed wife to Florida. I could be wrong, but it's a good theory! 😁😁😁

^^^Thats what they call “trying” in Oregon.

LOL
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Rooster7: In a way I "came from Oregon" as both of my parents were born and raised on homesteaded ranches in eastern Oregon, 90% of my relatives live in Oregon, I lost my cherry in Oregon when I was working summers in the mint and hay fields around Madras, Oregon and I spent a LOT of my first 50 years recreating in Oregon. My first "run in" with the law came at age 17 in Oregon as the U.S. Marshals took me into custody and questioned me (no arrest!) about my part in storming the courthouse there in Madras, Oregon as part of a huge crowd intent on lynching a stoner mother who had thrown her three children off of a high bridge on the Deschutes River, to their deaths.
But no I am NOT really "from" Oregon.
It was once a beautiful and safe place to live and recreate - sadly that is no longer the case!
Sad for Oregon here in Montana.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Hats off to your parents for their efforts homesteading Oregon. Tough life. Tough people.

^^^Thats what they call “trying” in Oregon.

LOL

Go back to facebook with your LOL's. You sound like one of those portland trannys
Go back to facebook with your LOL's. You sound like one of those portland trannys

You sound like one of those retards from Oregon.

LOL
Tesoro, my childhood buddy just sold his place on the top of the ridge above the weigh station-inspection lane South of Brookings. Beautiful country.
Posted By: Tesoro Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/21/22
Originally Posted by m_stevenson
Tesoro, my childhood buddy just sold his place on the top of the ridge above the weigh station-inspection lane South of Brookings. Beautiful country.

I can see those places from my house. Out of curiosity, why?
Posted By: Steve Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/21/22

Here’s another

Wild that is still in full velvet.
Posted By: deflave Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/21/22

He said everyone within line of sight are fugkin' retards.

LOL
Posted By: irfubar Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/21/22
I lived in Oregon for 7 years.... most fugged up place with fugged up people I have ever been....
The drug culture and entitlement mentality is disgusting... and I lived on the coast and inland.
Middle aged guys riding bicycles to the convenience stores every morning at 10;00 am to buy beer, because they lost their drivers license.
Tweekers... seems to be an epidemic of tweekers... disgusting people!
The geography and country is great, the people not so much. They will steal everything not locked up.
Now Eastern Oregon was normal with normal people...
Fishing is decent.

Crabbing ain’t bad

P
Siletz?

I’m an American.

LOL

Just for the record so you know, Deflave is a negro.

His accountant advised him to purchase the property as a tax hedge for his business. He built the home as a vacation spot. He lived in Las Vegas at the time, but he’s since gone semi-retired and moved to Sparks NV. They decided to sell it in order to reduce their expenses and free up some cash. He said it was the toughest place to let go of, but then again it’s only a house on 40 acres with a fabulous ocean view.
What about Greater Idaho?
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/21/22
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Pipe dream is what your talking about!
Posted By: 700LH Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/21/22
We live in greater Idaho and just spent two weeks on the Oregon coast,
It ain't the same no way no how.
Liberalism abounds, I actually told the wife, "it's almost like we are in a different country."
Originally Posted by irfubar
I lived in Oregon for 7 years.... most fugged up place with fugged up people I have ever been....
The drug culture and entitlement mentality is disgusting... and I lived on the coast and inland.
Middle aged guys riding bicycles to the convenience stores every morning at 10;00 am to buy beer, because they lost their drivers license.
The geography and country is great, the people not so much. They will steal everything not locked up.
Here is why the people of Oregon disgusted you. There is a cause and effect pattern here that is true everywhere from the eastern rust belt to the Pacific Northwest. The lions share of the NW economy was timber and wood products. Hundreds of thousands of family wage jobs with benefits. Along comes the US govt with NAFTA, where the timber industry was betrayed for UAW sweetheart deals for votes, and court decisions supporting the endangered species act, the timber industry was completely gutted and away went the jobs in just a few short years. The feelings of hopelessness and despair and lack of future prospects had the same effect there as they did back east in the rust belt and coal mines. No education, narrow skill set, too poor to move...where did they turn? The drugs and alcohol spiral. I lived it, was semi fortunate and worked in Alaska for 8 years, kept my home but lost an expensive wife along the way. In the rear view mirror of old age, all I see is the big clumsy hand of Uncle Sam, trade deals with foreign countries, back door union deals, misuse of the courts to achieve environmental regs based on faulty science. So I have some compassion for these flawed people.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Liberalism abounds, I actually told the wife, "it's almost like we are in a different country."

Seems the only minds messed up from the Covid vaccine are anti-vax people full of fear.

Did you wear a mask? Seems you'd fit right in with liberals.
Originally Posted by bearhuntr
Fishing is decent.

Crabbing ain’t bad

P
Siletz?

Ocean outta Newport.

Lots of sea spiders out there, too.

P
Posted By: irfubar Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/21/22
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Here is why the people of Oregon disgusted you. There is a cause and effect pattern here that is true everywhere from the eastern rust belt to the Pacific Northwest. The lions share of the NW economy was timber and wood products. Hundreds of thousands of family wage jobs with benefits. Along comes the US govt with NAFTA, where the timber industry was betrayed for UAW sweetheart deals for votes, and court decisions supporting the endangered species act, the timber industry was completely gutted and away went the jobs in just a few short years. The feelings of hopelessness and despair and lack of future prospects had the same effect there as they did back east in the rust belt and coal mines. No education, narrow skill set, too poor to move...where did they turn? The drugs and alcohol spiral. I lived it, was semi fortunate and worked in Alaska for 8 years, kept my home but lost an expensive wife along the way. In the rear view mirror of old age, all I see is the big clumsy hand of Uncle Sam, trade deals with foreign countries, back door union deals, misuse of the courts to achieve environmental regs based on faulty science. So I have some compassion for these flawed people.

I agree with you and believe you are correct...

It would be better if you stated that you spent 2 weeks only on the central to north part of the Oregon Coast. It would be like me saying I went to Boise and now I have seen Idaho.
Imagine taking the time and paying the money to go to a location YOU chose to visit and then bitching about it. Talk about retarded.
Y'all need to elect that pissed off mama for governor. What's her name? Drazen or something like that? Maybe she'll bring some sanity back?

I interviewed for a job in Portland 25 or so years ago. I could see that wasn't where I wanted to raise my kids.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I’m an American.

LOL

I thought Conrad was the negro?

I get so confused...
Originally Posted by 12344mag

I’m an American.

LOL

I thought Conrad was the negro?

I get so confused...

I can help.

Conrad is the polock.
Who's the Italian?
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Imagine taking the time and paying the money to go to a location YOU chose to visit and then bitching about it. Talk about retarded.

Anywhere I visited and didnt like I was gone the next morning. Didnt hang around for 2 weeks!!!

I am glad so many people think Oregon is all like Portland. Kinda like Texas all like Austin and Idaho is all like Boise. One thing about Oregon though, is it is not full of paranoids.

Anywhere I visited and didnt like I was gone the next morning. Didnt hang around for 2 weeks!!!

I am glad so many people think Oregon is all like Portland. Kinda like Texas all like Austin and Idaho is all like Boise. One thing about Oregon though, is it is not full of paranoids.

Who says?

Are you talking about me? You’re not talking about me, are you?
Posted By: Tesoro Re: Anyone here from, Oregon!? - 10/22/22

Who says?

Are you talking about me? You’re not talking about me, are you?
of course not. talking about the guy who bitched about spending 2 weeks on vacation on the liberal north coast!
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Y'all need to elect that pissed off mama for governor. What's her name? Drazen or something like that? Maybe she'll bring some sanity back?

I interviewed for a job in Portland 25 or so years ago. I could see that wasn't where I wanted to raise my kids.

No way! Not even in the 80's when I got out of college and landed corp job there downtown. ( quit in 2nd year and went back to logging!). Back in the 80's it was full of neo nazi morons beating up anyone who wasnt white who they could catch on the streets at night.

75% of oregon land mass is conservative but the fruckers in the nw urbanized corner have the majority pull in the electorate. There is a slight chance that this could be the year for the tides to turn so Oregon politics can slowly move back to the way it used to be. But doubtful.
Originally Posted by flintlocke

SPOT ON.
© 24hourcampfire