Home
Posted By: miguel Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
My wife and I had to make the decision as to what would be best for my old girl Jesse yesterday. She was a 13 year old Beagle who was the best dog, and friend, anyone could ask for.
I rescued her from the local animal shelter Christmas 2013. I had just gone through a divorce, and was feeling low. She had recently had a litter of puppies and been picked up as a stray. I have always had a weak spot for Beagles and we hit it off immediately. She was always playful and liked nothing more than having her head stroked. She was one of the most social dogs I have ever seen. She got along with every other dog we encountered as well as every person too!!
She survived two bouts with Lyme disease, and a thyroid condition for most of her life. Most recently she became more lazy than a 13 year old Beagle should be so we took her to the vet for an exam. Congestive heart failure with an enlarged heart and liver as well as fluid on her lungs. We tried to medicate our way out of it, but she was in agony. It had been two days since she had slept or eaten, and we couldn’t bear to see her suffer any longer. Yesterday afternoon we took that longest ride.
Here’s to you Jesse!!
Posted By: miguel Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I’m sorry. Losing a dog is always the toughest part of having a dog. It sucks.
Posted By: Polecat Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Sorry to here this. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for beagles.
I’ve had 3 beagles. Lot’s of fun if they get to run bunnies
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Amen...😔
Posted By: BLG Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Good girl Jesse, good girl.

Clyde
RIP Jesse & sorry for your loss. You still have memories of her & the fun times.
Posted By: Aviator Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
RIP
Very, very sorry for your loss.
Good dogs ain’t that hard to find. Really great dogs are a gift from above. Sorry for your loss.
Posted By: LBP Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
RIP Jesse
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Sorry for your loss Miguel. RIP Jess
Condolences, losing a good dog is mighty hard.
Posted By: SKane Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
frown

Beagles are awesome and it sounds like yours was no exception.
Sorry for your loss
sorry to hear this. Beagles are great little fellows
Posted By: BamBam Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
You can tell she was a sweetheart just by looking at her, great looking beagle. And she liked boats, the water. You guys took good care of her. you were both lucky. Rest in peace Jesse.
Posted By: NDsnowman Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
I wish I could do more for you than just tell you how sorry I am. Thank you for giving Jesse such a good life.
Posted By: pullit Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Sounds like a really cool dog, sorry for your loss
Always a hard loss.

RIP Jesse
You made the right move. Always a difficult decision though. She had a good run.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22

^^ Great words.^^
Thanks so much to everyone for your kind words. It’s easy to second guess yourself the day after, but I’m confident we made the right decision for Jesse, hard as it is. She is at peace now.
Posted By: fgold767 Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
RIP Jesse
Rest in Peace, Jessee, you are a sweetheart.

I have a pet Beagle.
Posted By: sactoller Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
I am sorry for your loss.
Posted By: g5m Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Sorry to read this, miguel. I hate to lose a dog. Best wishes!
Posted By: Otter Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Sorry for your loss, Miguel.

RIP, Jesse.

We're approaching the same decision for our Bob Beagle and not looking forward to it even though he's pushing 15+ years old.

Best to you and your family.
sorry to hear
Posted By: sll Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Sorry about the loss of your family member. I have shed more tears over the loss of my pets over the years than I have for humans.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Condolences for your loss. We lost our last dog this summer, and my wife and I are still grieving.
Posted By: Brazos Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Sorry for your loss.
You did the right thing for her.

Good girl Jesse, good girl....
Dam, so Sorry Brother. Went thru it 3 years ago!
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22

Yep.
I have thought I saw her 100 times today out of the corner of my eye. Every time it hurts my heart.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Miguel

a poem for you and Jesse. Not gone, just gone around the bend. Condolences

THE PATH BEYOND THE BEND

Have you ever walked along a path
And looked ahead of you
To where the road turned suddenly
And seemed lost awhile from view?

Think of your dear one living still
Where the road goes on without end
It is only WE who do not see
The path beyond the bend

From a greeting card
Victoria II by Amberly
150SW8058T1
Amberly Gretting Card Co
Cincin OH 45249-1695
Barcode# 77527 00030
Posted By: Nollij Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Sorry man. It's the only bad thing about dogs.
Posted By: poboy Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
R.I.P. Jesse, Good Girl!!!
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
RIP Jesse! My first dog was a beagle, always had a soft spot for them!
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Originally Posted by miguel
I have thought I saw her 100 times today out of the corner of my eye. Every time it hurts my heart.

I put our dog down on 9/2. I still find myself grabbing a plate of leftovers and heading toward the garage...
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Condolences. We have lost two dogs recently, one of our little house dogs and my Chesapeake. The little house dog was a papillon, smart as a whip an my buddy. My Chessie was a solid upland and waterfowl dog with a good number of UKC hunt test ribbons on his kennel door. I'm kind of wanting another gun dog, but we can't outdoor kennel here so it would have to be a "compact", maybe a Boykin.

I've had several beagles over the years, all good, but the last I had was the best, a real balls-to-the-wall hot running gun dog who ran a rabbit, not a track. About once a year he'd bust a deer and we'd have to have our annual meeting of the minds tune up, then he was good for another year.
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
That sux.

Sorry for your loss.

Get another one.
Posted By: Diesel Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Sorry Miguel.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Dogs are, Family, sorry for your loss.
So sorry to read this. I’ve got a Beagle and understand exactly the heart strings those pups can pull on. Hang in there - sounds like you gave Jesse a great life.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Sorry you lost your Pal.

Good Girl Jesse, good girl.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
Heck fire man, I'm sorry for you. Choked me up reading this. Took me back to 2018 losing my baby! Damnit man!
Poor baby, at least she isn't suffering. Sincere condolences to you Sir!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
I’m so sorry for your loss.
Posted By: deflave Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/02/22
You gotta be the only guy in history to mourn the loss of a 13 year old beagle.
Originally Posted by miguel
My wife and I had to make the decision as to what would be best for my old girl Jesse yesterday. She was a 13 year old Beagle who was the best dog, and friend, anyone could ask for.
I rescued her from the local animal shelter Christmas 2013. I had just gone through a divorce, and was feeling low. She had recently had a litter of puppies and been picked up as a stray. I have always had a weak spot for Beagles and we hit it off immediately. She was always playful and liked nothing more than having her head stroked. She was one of the most social dogs I have ever seen. She got along with every other dog we encountered as well as every person too!!
She survived two bouts with Lyme disease, and a thyroid condition for most of her life. Most recently she became more lazy than a 13 year old Beagle should be so we took her to the vet for an exam. Congestive heart failure with an enlarged heart and liver as well as fluid on her lungs. We tried to medicate our way out of it, but she was in agony. It had been two days since she had slept or eaten, and we couldn’t bear to see her suffer any longer. Yesterday afternoon we took that longest ride.
Here’s to you Jesse!!
It's hard losing a dog.
And making the decision is gut wrenching.

Many of us BTDT.
Sorry about you losing Jesse.
😔
RIP Jesse.
Every time I lose a dog I re-read this.

Just this side of heaven is place called the rainbow bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/03/22
Hardest damn thing ever.
Posted By: Scotty Re: Goodbye Jesse the Beagle - 11/03/22
Sorry for your loss.
My sincere condolences.
© 24hourcampfire