Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by miguel
I have thought I saw her 100 times today out of the corner of my eye. Every time it hurts my heart.

I put our dog down on 9/2. I still find myself grabbing a plate of leftovers and heading toward the garage...

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Condolences. We have lost two dogs recently, one of our little house dogs and my Chesapeake. The little house dog was a papillon, smart as a whip an my buddy. My Chessie was a solid upland and waterfowl dog with a good number of UKC hunt test ribbons on his kennel door. I'm kind of wanting another gun dog, but we can't outdoor kennel here so it would have to be a "compact", maybe a Boykin.

I've had several beagles over the years, all good, but the last I had was the best, a real balls-to-the-wall hot running gun dog who ran a rabbit, not a track. About once a year he'd bust a deer and we'd have to have our annual meeting of the minds tune up, then he was good for another year.

Mathew 22: 37-39

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
That sux.

Sorry for your loss.

Get another one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sorry Miguel.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Dogs are, Family, sorry for your loss.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So sorry to read this. I’ve got a Beagle and understand exactly the heart strings those pups can pull on. Hang in there - sounds like you gave Jesse a great life.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry you lost your Pal.

Good Girl Jesse, good girl.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Heck fire man, I'm sorry for you. Choked me up reading this. Took me back to 2018 losing my baby! Damnit man!
Poor baby, at least she isn't suffering. Sincere condolences to you Sir!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I’m so sorry for your loss.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
You gotta be the only guy in history to mourn the loss of a 13 year old beagle.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by miguel
My wife and I had to make the decision as to what would be best for my old girl Jesse yesterday. She was a 13 year old Beagle who was the best dog, and friend, anyone could ask for.
I rescued her from the local animal shelter Christmas 2013. I had just gone through a divorce, and was feeling low. She had recently had a litter of puppies and been picked up as a stray. I have always had a weak spot for Beagles and we hit it off immediately. She was always playful and liked nothing more than having her head stroked. She was one of the most social dogs I have ever seen. She got along with every other dog we encountered as well as every person too!!
She survived two bouts with Lyme disease, and a thyroid condition for most of her life. Most recently she became more lazy than a 13 year old Beagle should be so we took her to the vet for an exam. Congestive heart failure with an enlarged heart and liver as well as fluid on her lungs. We tried to medicate our way out of it, but she was in agony. It had been two days since she had slept or eaten, and we couldn’t bear to see her suffer any longer. Yesterday afternoon we took that longest ride.
Here’s to you Jesse!!
It's hard losing a dog.
And making the decision is gut wrenching.

Many of us BTDT.
Sorry about you losing Jesse.
😔

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
RIP Jesse.
Every time I lose a dog I re-read this.

Just this side of heaven is place called the rainbow bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Hardest damn thing ever.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sorry for your loss.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My sincere condolences.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

175 members (66Block, 1OntarioJim, 30incher, AceBall, 257_X_50, 19 invisible), 1,098 guests, and 967 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,979
Posts18,519,934
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.