Home
Posted By: Jiveturkey Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
I sold a barrel on another forum. The money order came today, and I cashed it. I proceeded to the post office to ship it to buyer. The lady asked me what I was shipping, I tell her an old gun barrel. She walks back to her supervisor supposedly, and then comes back with we cannot ship this. After a long discussion I told her their organization made me sick, and took it to UPS store where I shipped it to buyer. Wth is this country coming to? It was a freaking rifle barrel not a grenade.
Posted By: efw Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
I never give a specific answer.

A gun barrel is machined steel.

A stock is a chunk of wood.

Etc
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Machine parts
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Machine parts

Yep
Posted By: Hotrod_Lincoln Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
"High pressure steel tubing". Works every time! Anybody who can't think better than some affirmatave action hire at a USPS counter deserves to be hassled.
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Originally Posted by efw

Etc
It wasn't an issue a couple years ago
I'm going to do my best to not give these postal bastards another cent.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
USPS rules prevent them from making that call. Why not fix the problem right at the PO?
Posted By: old_boots Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Your issue is not with the USPS. Your problem is the clerk. According to postal regulations a clerk can only ask very specific questions. They can ask about batteries and other hazmat but CANNOT ask exactly what you are shipping.

I suppose they wouldn't let you ship a complete rifle, WRONG again...
Posted By: AKduck Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Never been asked what I was shipping at USPS. They point to the box asking whatever it is won’t blow up and I check the box. UPS is the pain in the ass here for island life.
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
USPS rules prevent them from making that call. Why not fix the problem right at the PO?

Yep, that's what I have done. Go up the ladder until somebody knows the rules--or look up the rules and have a copy with you.

Had a postmaster here who asked if a rifle I was shipping was "broke down." I asked her what that meant, and she said, "You know, taken apart so it won't fire." I told her that wasn't anywhere in the rule-book, and proved it. She shut up after that....
Posted By: Distridr Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
They are not going to risk losing that golden .gov salary, bennies and retirement over your desire to ship anything that you've made questionable in their tiny drone brain.

The ball was in your court and you dropped it.
Ignorant woman said it could have powder residue on it. My local PO is 1/2 mile away, and they're easy to deal with. This one was 10 miles from me, and I think the clerk was just a liberal [bleep].
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
UPS will not ship a barrel either!

Excerpt from article:
UPS, on the other hand, has taken a far more extreme approach to restricting the lawful shipping of items via its service. Under the heading How To Ship Firearms, UPS states:

Shipments containing Firearm Products are accepted for transportation only from shippers who are federally licensed and have an approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

Digging a little deeper, one finds that UPS defines “Firearm Products” to include “Firearm Parts,” which it explains are:

“Firearm Part” is any part or component of a Firearm that does not by itself meet the definition of a “Firearm.” By way of example only, Firearm Parts include, but are not limited to, BARRELS, stocks, grips, firing pins, sights, and magazines/clips.

For some reason, UPS has decided that scopes are not considered a “Firearm Product,” so they are allowed to be shipped by anyone. Why sights are specifically listed as prohibited, while scopes are not, is somewhat of a mystery, considering they serve the same general purpose on a firearm.

It would seem that UPS is trying to signal to the anti-gun crowd that it is willing to deliver the goods (pun intended) when adopting policies aimed at imposing more strict regulations on shipping firearms and firearm-related items than federal law requires.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20220919/shipping-companies-prohibit-the-lawful-shipping-of-firearms
Posted By: Muffin Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
When they ask me if it contains anything hazardous, I say 'don't try to eat it'........
Well considering that there is no such thing as a license to sell a barrel, I guess any of us can send em.

Especially if we’re vague when we answer their question as to what we’re sending…

At least that’s the way I read it…
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Originally Posted by efw

Etc

Okee dokee, cutie pie!
I've got 15 rounds of "non toxic" 3 inch twelve gauge ammo I want to ship to a buddy in New York. USPS, UPS nor FedEx will touch them.
What do I say is in the package, ball bearings?
I don't know if the subject packages to xray or metal detectors or bomb sniffing dogs!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
I never, ever tall the counter girl/fellow at the post office what is actually in the package

anyone can ship ammo above board if you slap that hazmat label on the box. I do it all the time with FedEx and UPS
Posted By: bcp Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
https://www.ups.com/us/en/support/s...erials-guide/how-to-ship-ammunition.page

Bruce
Posted By: Dave_Spn Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
I sold a barrel on another forum. The money order came today, and I cashed it. I proceeded to the post office to ship it to buyer. The lady asked me what I was shipping, I tell her an old gun barrel. She walks back to her supervisor supposedly, and then comes back with we cannot ship this. After a long discussion I told her their organization made me sick, and took it to UPS store where I shipped it to buyer. Wth is this country coming to? It was a freaking rifle barrel not a grenade.

NEVER take NO as an answer from someone that doesn't have the authority to say yes. Would you tell her what was in the box if it was a 20 inch, black [bleep].
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with em. Idiot tells me I cannot ship any gun part unless I'm a licensed dealer. BS!
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Why does díldo get bleeped?
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by efw

Etc

Okee dokee, cutie pie!
I've got 15 rounds of "non toxic" 3 inch twelve gauge ammo I want to ship to a buddy in New York. USPS, UPS nor FedEx will touch them.
I don't know if the subject packages to xray or metal detectors or bomb sniffing dogs!

USPS asks if anything is liquid perishable flammable or hazardous including batteries and perfume. Stocks, barrels & receivers are none of the above.

Re-reading the OP might be helpful if you’re looking to keep up with the conversation.
Posted By: Teal Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

Etc

Okee dokee, cutie pie!

USPS asks if anything is liquid perishable flammable or hazardous including batteries and perfume. Stocks, barrels & receivers are none of the above.

Re-reading the OP might be helpful if you’re looking to keep up with the conversation.

I routinely receive ammo via the internet. They are not delivered via pony express...
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

Etc

Okee dokee, cutie pie!

I routinely receive ammo via the internet. They are not delivered via pony express...

Truth.

But again, re-reading the OP will help clarify why I said what I said.

And I never said anything about ammo. OP explains why; wasn’t part of his concern.
Posted By: Teal Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

Etc

Okee dokee, cutie pie!

Truth.

And I never said anything about ammo. OP explains why; wasn’t part of his concern.

I was agreeing with you and your point to others.
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by efw

Etc

Okee dokee, cutie pie!

Truth.

I was agreeing with you and your point to others.

Sorry I misunderstood
I got ya efw. I'm sorta pissed, and have no interest in dealing with usps any further.
Posted By: AKduck Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Ignorant woman said it could have powder residue on it. My local PO is 1/2 mile away, and they're easy to deal with. This one was 10 miles from me, and I think the clerk was just a liberal [bleep].

The clerk said it could have powder residue? 😏
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Yep, that's what I have done. Go up the ladder until somebody knows the rules--or look up the rules and have a copy with you.

Had a postmaster here who asked if a rifle I was shipping was "broke down." I asked her what that meant, and she said, "You know, taken apart so it won't fire." I told her that wasn't anywhere in the rule-book, and proved it. She shut up after that....
LOL, bet it was the same gal. Our former Postmaster. Worker asked her about a rifle I was shipping and she replied, "ok if it's broken down." I nodded my approval. LOL
Originally Posted by AKduck

The clerk said it could have powder residue? 😏
Yes, I'm not sure how that's a crime. I assured her I cleaned it well. They're telling me no gun parts period, I say bs
Posted By: 10at6 Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Had one ask me if the safety was on. Yes of course.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
I’ve never had anyone at any P.O. ask anything except the usual liquids, batteries, etc questions. You were the victim of ignorance and/or hostility. I would file an official complaint with the USPS and my U.S. Senator. They just LOVE it when someone from Congress gets on their azz- NOT!
Posted By: old_boots Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
UPS WILL ship ammunition from a Customer Service Center (Hub) and not a satellite store from a person without an FFL or a BS UPS agreement.

The USPS WILL NOT "knowingly" ship ammunition. It is a federal offense to do so.
I got ya efw. I'm sorta pissed, and have no interest in dealing with usps any further.

I don’t blame ya. They suck.
I encourage you to buck up and fight the good fight. Talk to the Postmaster directly and as has been said, go up until resolved... They are incorrect.
Most people bend over, I'm sure he will too.

Start on Monday. Again, I'm not sure how it even comes up in conversation at the post office.
I guess showing them their own Regs is a crazy way to go.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
I encourage you to buck up and fight the good fight. Talk to the Postmaster directly and as has been said, go up until resolved... They are incorrect.

Agreed, but, in my experience, the dumbest mofos at the PO are always the slugs they put working the window.
Usually Shanika with the rainbow dreadlocks and 6” long fake fingernails.
And the Postmasters aren’t that much smarter. 🤪

If they ever ask me what I’m shipping, my go to answer has always been “parts”.

Like others mentioned, they are not allowed to ask specifically what you are shipping.
Just their standard questions, liquid, explosives, flammable, hazardous, ect.
Hard to say from here. We've been through all this many times. Possibly there's new additional confusion with the definition of firearms parts from the feds. Carry-on.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
All they ever ask is “is perishable, fragile or liquid…”

Hit the red button…
"It's a used double-ended steel diildo".
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Originally Posted by old_boots
Your issue is not with the USPS. Your problem is the clerk. According to postal regulations a clerk can only ask very specific questions. They can ask about batteries and other hazmat but CANNOT ask exactly what you are shipping.

I suppose they wouldn't let you ship a complete rifle, WRONG again...

^^^
This. I receive gun parts and accessories all the time. I send and receive longuns to myself all the time. The USPS is a lifeline for us living in bush Alaska. I can't recall a complaint I've ever had with them as an organization.

Again, your problem is the shaved she-ape you had an encounter with at the window and your propensity to be a boy scout and tell her specifically what was in the package. Assume everyone you encounter is stupid, in the enemy camp, or both and act accordingly. Because they mostly are.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Usps is retarded - 11/05/22
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Hit the red button…

Yup.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

Hit the red button…
This retard straight up asked what I was shipping. I saw nothing wrong with it so I told them, a used rifle barrel only. If this is truly their policy, to hell with em. I'm over it know. I've got deer to kill tomorrow
Posted By: RiddlerNumberOne Re: Usps is retarded - 11/06/22
The whole thread is kinda silly and reflects two things.

1. People never check the rules before dealing with some menial functionary who thinks they have all the answers and the power.

2. It's very easy to set up a PayPal ship station account that lets you print your own labels for UPS and USPS.
You are only buying shipping so the usual PP rules don't apply.
You create the label. put it on the package and request a pickup. Make sure whoever picks up scans it in.

Been using it since it started and no carrier employee ever asks a question.

KISS is always the best way !
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Usps is retarded - 11/06/22
Originally Posted by RiddlerNumberOne

1. People never check the rules before dealing with some menial functionary who thinks they have all the answers and the power.

2. It's very easy to set up a PayPal ship station account that lets you print your own labels for UPS and USPS.
You create the label. put it on the package and request a pickup. Make sure whoever picks up scans it in.

This is the new Warrry Woooot sockpuppet in it's cred building stage.

As soon as he starts posting flea market items for sale in the classifieds again.
Which we all know he will.
I'm gonna take a schit on every ad of his I can find.
What's he gonna do.
Report it to The Bin and say renegade50 is being mean to me.
And rat himself out to The Bin.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Then we will hear all about his being on the good guy list because some rube bought something off him.

In Warrry Woooot,s case it should be the Goo Guy list...

I been schitting on Warry Wooot post all over the site today.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Posted By: Oakster Re: Usps is retarded - 11/06/22

You are probably going to have to, they are the only game in town now, unless you pay an FFL to ship to another FFL. With the lack of options, that service could get pretty pricy anymore
Posted By: Oakster Re: Usps is retarded - 11/06/22
Originally Posted by RiddlerNumberOne

Paypal can and will freeze your account for shipping gun parts. Had it happen to several friends. Never got their money back and had to get new accounts. Couldnt pay their bills with all their money frozen.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Usps is retarded - 11/06/22
Originally Posted by Oakster

You are probably going to have to, they are the only game in town now, unless you pay an FFL to ship to another FFL. With the lack of options, that service could get pretty pricy anymore

Yep.
© 24hourcampfire