Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I sold a barrel on another forum. The money order came today, and I cashed it. I proceeded to the post office to ship it to buyer. The lady asked me what I was shipping, I tell her an old gun barrel. She walks back to her supervisor supposedly, and then comes back with we cannot ship this. After a long discussion I told her their organization made me sick, and took it to UPS store where I shipped it to buyer. Wth is this country coming to? It was a freaking rifle barrel not a grenade.

Romans 5:1

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I never give a specific answer.

A gun barrel is machined steel.

A stock is a chunk of wood.

Etc

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Machine parts

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Machine parts

Yep

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
"High pressure steel tubing". Works every time! Anybody who can't think better than some affirmatave action hire at a USPS counter deserves to be hassled.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by efw

Etc
It wasn't an issue a couple years ago

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm going to do my best to not give these postal bastards another cent.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
USPS rules prevent them from making that call. Why not fix the problem right at the PO?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Your issue is not with the USPS. Your problem is the clerk. According to postal regulations a clerk can only ask very specific questions. They can ask about batteries and other hazmat but CANNOT ask exactly what you are shipping.

I suppose they wouldn't let you ship a complete rifle, WRONG again...

Last edited by old_boots; 11/05/22.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never been asked what I was shipping at USPS. They point to the box asking whatever it is won’t blow up and I check the box. UPS is the pain in the ass here for island life.

Yup.
IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
USPS rules prevent them from making that call. Why not fix the problem right at the PO?

Yep, that's what I have done. Go up the ladder until somebody knows the rules--or look up the rules and have a copy with you.

Had a postmaster here who asked if a rifle I was shipping was "broke down." I asked her what that meant, and she said, "You know, taken apart so it won't fire." I told her that wasn't anywhere in the rule-book, and proved it. She shut up after that....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
They are not going to risk losing that golden .gov salary, bennies and retirement over your desire to ship anything that you've made questionable in their tiny drone brain.

The ball was in your court and you dropped it.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Ignorant woman said it could have powder residue on it. My local PO is 1/2 mile away, and they're easy to deal with. This one was 10 miles from me, and I think the clerk was just a liberal [bleep].

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
UPS will not ship a barrel either!

Excerpt from article:
UPS, on the other hand, has taken a far more extreme approach to restricting the lawful shipping of items via its service. Under the heading How To Ship Firearms, UPS states:

Shipments containing Firearm Products are accepted for transportation only from shippers who are federally licensed and have an approved UPS agreement for the transportation of Firearm Products.

Digging a little deeper, one finds that UPS defines “Firearm Products” to include “Firearm Parts,” which it explains are:

“Firearm Part” is any part or component of a Firearm that does not by itself meet the definition of a “Firearm.” By way of example only, Firearm Parts include, but are not limited to, BARRELS, stocks, grips, firing pins, sights, and magazines/clips.

For some reason, UPS has decided that scopes are not considered a “Firearm Product,” so they are allowed to be shipped by anyone. Why sights are specifically listed as prohibited, while scopes are not, is somewhat of a mystery, considering they serve the same general purpose on a firearm.

It would seem that UPS is trying to signal to the anti-gun crowd that it is willing to deliver the goods (pun intended) when adopting policies aimed at imposing more strict regulations on shipping firearms and firearm-related items than federal law requires.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20220919/shipping-companies-prohibit-the-lawful-shipping-of-firearms

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
When they ask me if it contains anything hazardous, I say 'don't try to eat it'........

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Well considering that there is no such thing as a license to sell a barrel, I guess any of us can send em.

Especially if we’re vague when we answer their question as to what we’re sending…

At least that’s the way I read it…

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by efw

Etc

Okee dokee, cutie pie!
I've got 15 rounds of "non toxic" 3 inch twelve gauge ammo I want to ship to a buddy in New York. USPS, UPS nor FedEx will touch them.
What do I say is in the package, ball bearings?
I don't know if the subject packages to xray or metal detectors or bomb sniffing dogs!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never, ever tall the counter girl/fellow at the post office what is actually in the package

anyone can ship ammo above board if you slap that hazmat label on the box. I do it all the time with FedEx and UPS

Last edited by Mannlicher; 11/05/22.

Sam......

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
I sold a barrel on another forum. The money order came today, and I cashed it. I proceeded to the post office to ship it to buyer. The lady asked me what I was shipping, I tell her an old gun barrel. She walks back to her supervisor supposedly, and then comes back with we cannot ship this. After a long discussion I told her their organization made me sick, and took it to UPS store where I shipped it to buyer. Wth is this country coming to? It was a freaking rifle barrel not a grenade.

NEVER take NO as an answer from someone that doesn't have the authority to say yes. Would you tell her what was in the box if it was a 20 inch, black [bleep].

What if Jessie's girl is Stacy's mom, and her phone number is 867-5309
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (Angus1895, 44mc, 10Glocks, 35, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 7887mm08, 11 invisible), 1,299 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,995
Posts18,481,151
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.