Home
Posted By: earlybrd Ever had a gay preacher man - 11/12/22
Seems to be the thing now I quit going to church long ago the Bible frowned and burnt cities on such things.
Not since they started doing "reverse exorcisms"
Posted By: MarkWV Re: Ever had a gay preacher man - 11/12/22
Methodist have them.
No, but I have a sodomite for a governor.....
The Methodist Church is splitting right now because of it. Two UMC congregations near us have voted to leave the mothership due to the “new” regulations re gay ministers and requirement to conduct gay weddings. Adios folks. We’re outta here.
I did some work for a prominent rich older community Methodist church a few weeks ago the rotation before this one was a China man barely spoke English the following one is flaming pink shirt and all I see the down fall coming real fast
Say what you want, but you gotta admit they’re some snazzy dresser’s.
The baptist are next look closely all Im going to say
I can’t believe no Catholics have spoken up?
Originally Posted by earlybrd

The Baptists? They won’t even let you drink, now they’re saying you can gag on a cock? WTH?!
Posted By: EdM Re: Ever had a gay preacher man - 11/12/22
No religion, no church, so no.
Originally Posted by jackmountain

The Baptists? They won’t even let you drink, now they’re saying you can gag on a cock? WTH?!
LOL….just like a red wave. Say it please.
Originally Posted by gkt5450
The Methodist Church is splitting right now because of it. Two UMC congregations near us have voted to leave the mothership due to the “new” regulations re gay ministers and requirement to conduct gay weddings. Adios folks. We’re outta here.

Same here…
Wabi has a female "pastor". Same/same. Maybe he'll chime in.

Oh, you can drink….you just can’t say “hello” to your fellow Baptists in the liquor store 😁. As the joke goes, “what’s the difference between Baptists and Methodists?”

The Methodists can say hello to other Methodists in the liquor store 😁
Ole Timothy had something to say about women….

NIV: "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent." CEV: "They should be silent and not be allowed to teach or to tell men what to do." NASB: "But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet."
The queer preachers in the local Methodist Church have caused a major loss of membership.
BLAME IT ALL ON THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH WHO ARE IN CHARGE OF STAFFING. MUST HAVE BVEEN PLANNED DECADES AGO..
Originally Posted by navlav8r
As the joke goes, “what’s the difference between Baptists and Methodists?”

Why should you always take 2 Baptists fishing ?
If you take only 1, he will drink all of your beer.
Originally Posted by EdM
No religion, no church, so no.
It might give you some personality.
Our church accepted an openly lesbo ministerial candidate, folks in the congregation were not approving of this and ran her off. She/he had a man's haircut and dressed like a man, brought her "wife" to church.
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Ever had a gay preacher man - 11/12/22
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Good golly Wabi what in the world are you thinking?
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Pastor Missy gunna lead me to salvation

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Our church accepted an openly lesbo ministerial candidate, folks in the congregation were not approving of this and ran her off.
What a buncha cavemen.
Jesus had something to say about queer clergymen:

Mt 7:22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Or have sex standing up........
There must be 20 or 30 unrelated species of Baptists. Don't lump them all together. The majority follow the Bible closely but there are some that have wandered way off.
I can’t believe no Catholics have spoken up?

That’s how I learned I was pretty ugly as a kid. Went to mass with my buddy. The priests never bothered us.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Mt 7:22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’
23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

A misapplication of the text but then I suspect you know that. Look at the verses that “bracket” that passage.

Not arguing the merits of openly living in sin as a pastor. Not my place to decide who’s qualified for a given congregation. Sexual immorality is talked about in the sermon on the mount. By that standard all fall short of being qualified.

Unless your arguing there are degrees of sin and all aren’t versions of the original sin to replace God with ourselves. Some denominations believe that.
There must be 20 or 30 unrelated species of Baptists. Don't lump them all together. The majority follow the Bible closely but there are some that have wandered way off.

Southern Baptist Convention has some pretty radical presidents lately. I went to a church and followed their podcasts. Wouldn’t have guessed they were Baptist at all and many congregants didn’t know until he was elected. I’d always heard the stereotypes of Southern Baptist and met a few that fit it.

A lot of denominations work with other denominations actively. SBC church I referenced often has guest pastors that aren’t Baptist. I’ve partnered with the Lutheran church at a Methodist church for community activities or to have kids events.

If a gay pastor converts 10k Gay congregants a Hetero pastor couldn’t reach who am I to condemn the pastor? Strong scripture against getting between God and people he chooses. Doesn’t mean I’m in the audience or it connects with me in a meaningful way.
Originally Posted by crshelton
The queer preachers in the local Methodist Church have caused a major loss of membership.
BLAME IT ALL ON THE HEAD OF THE CHURCH WHO ARE IN CHARGE OF STAFFING. MUST HAVE BVEEN PLANNED DECADES AGO..
The split in the Methodist church was actually pushed to vote by African congregants. They abhore homosexuality.

The paradoxical thing, after pushing it to a vote they then chose to stay with the Homosexual approving side of the church. They where concentrated in large urban affluent areas and provide a lot more funds to African missions. Still scratching my head on that one honestly. I’m not really sure what they wanted. Maybe they expected all to take the Hetero only stance.

One reason this has dragged out 3-4 years post vote is the UMC was claiming the churches splitting didn’t own the church properties. I stopped following long ago and after the At-Risk youth I worked with went to college and military I’ve started attending the Lutheran church. I’m not Methodist or Lutheran. I wasn’t a member but I directed Sunday School and sponsored their youth activities.

I subscribe to the belief the denomination doesn't matter. Doing the best you can for your fellow humans does. Ultimately, there’s only I question to answer and the rest is how you respond to the gift. I know there needs to be a stance but I’m not the Theological Scholar to define it.

Then again, Slums church of prosperity or Ren’s tent revival using rattlers to discern who’s righteous might not be for most of us.
Originally Posted by navlav8r
Oh, you can drink….you just can’t say “hello” to your fellow Baptists in the liquor store 😁. As the joke goes, “what’s the difference between Baptists and Methodists?”

Methodists are just Baptists who can read.

-A River Runs Through It.
I left the Methodist church almost 15 years ago. The gay garbage is just one part of their problems.

I was active with a national group hoping to "reform" the church and get back to true original Methodisim. I advocated for a split back then, however the national groups leadership did not want a split. I finally gave up and split on my own.
No.
Originally Posted by gremcat

A misapplication of the text but then I suspect you know that. Look at the verses that “bracket” that passage.

Not arguing the merits of openly living in sin as a pastor. Not my place to decide who’s qualified for a given congregation. Sexual immorality is talked about in the sermon on the mount. By that standard all fall short of being qualified.

Unless your arguing there are degrees of sin and all aren’t versions of the original sin to replace God with ourselves. Some denominations believe that.
It's not at all out of context. Jesus was talking about false prophets, those who are assigned to bring God's word to us. In other passages, it says that teachers are held to higher standards than the rest of the flock. I think this is very much in the context. Ministers who are not living as the branches of God's tree are to be pruned and gotten rid of.
My wife was Roman Catholic when we married and for many years afterward. The local church acquired a priest named John Wesley Andries that immediately took an interest in the young teen boys. He was having them over to his place and taking them to movies and such. I told my wife he was trolling. Well, he picked one out and molested him. The kid told his parents and the bishop made a good payment to them and they bought a new house trailer and a pickup. Bishop Jacobs moved the priest to another town. Guess what, he ended up in prison when he molested another boy whose parents didn't need a truck that bad.
I’d hung that sum bitch on a cross if that was my child
Homosexuality is a sin according to the Bible, as well as a pastor it to be a man with one wife. Women in the Roman Empire and early days of Christianity were not educated like men. Most didn't know how to read. Thus, were not to teach men or to be quiet in church. Older women could teach younger women and children. Anyway, most Baptists follow the scripture as well as other non-Baptists such as the Assembly of God.
Those two clash!
Posted By: hanco Re: Ever had a gay preacher man - 11/12/22
Nope.

It's not at all out of context. Jesus was talking about false prophets, those who are assigned to bring God's word to us. In other passages, it says that teachers are held to higher standards than the rest of the flock. I think this is very much in the context. Ministers who are not living as the branches of God's tree are to be pruned and gotten rid of.

Matthew 7:1 for context-
1Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

1Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

The specific passage you referenced just after this one summed up by what a False Prophet is:

neither adulterers, nor murderers, nor drunkards, nor extortioners, nor thieves, or any other openly profane sinners; but inasmuch as they did the work of the Lord deceitfully, preached themselves, and not Christ; sought their own things, and not his; what they did, they did with a wicked mind, and not with a view to his glory; they wrought iniquity, whilst they were doing the very things they pleaded on their own behalf, for their admission into the kingdom of heaven.
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Ever had a gay preacher man - 11/12/22

Not my place to decide who’s qualified for a given congregation. Sexual immorality is talked about in the sermon on the mount. By that standard all fall short of being qualified.

I'm gonna keep my mouth shut and do a little copy and paste in order to allow someone who is most qualified to judge these issues to speak.......

Requirements for the job of Pastor........

1 Timothy 3:1–7 — The New International Version (NIV)

1 Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, 3 not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. 4 He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect. 5 (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?) 6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil. 7 He must also have a good reputation with outsiders, so that he will not fall into disgrace and into the devil’s trap.

I'm having a hard time shoehorning a queer, woman, or single male into those qualifications but that's just me. I got my reading comprehension skills in public school so I may be wrong.

Tolerance of immorality in the church.....

1 Corinthians 5
New International Reader's Version

5 It is actually reported that there is sexual sin among you. I’m told that a man is sleeping with his father’s wife. Even people who don’t know God don’t let that kind of sin continue. 2 And you are proud! Shouldn’t you be very sad instead? Shouldn’t you have thrown out of your church the man doing this? 3 Even though I am not right there with you, I am with you in spirit. And because I am with you in spirit, I have already judged the man doing this. I have judged him in the name of our Lord Jesus. 4 So when you come together, I will be with you in spirit. The power of our Lord Jesus will also be with you. 5 When you come together like this, hand this man over to Satan. Then the power of sin in his life will be destroyed. His spirit will be saved on the day the Lord returns.

6 Your bragging is not good. It is like yeast. Don’t you know that just a little yeast makes the whole batch of dough rise? 7 Get rid of the old yeast. Then you can be like a new batch of dough without yeast. That is what you really are. That’s because Christ, our Passover Lamb, has been offered up for us. 8 So let us keep the Feast, but not with the old bread made with yeast. The yeast I’m talking about is hatred and evil. Let us keep the Feast with bread made without yeast. Let us keep it with bread that is honesty and truth.

9 I wrote a letter to you to tell you to stay away from people who commit sexual sins. 10 I didn’t mean the people of this world who sin in this way. I didn’t mean those who always want more and more. I didn’t mean those who cheat or who worship statues of gods. In that case you would have to leave this world! 11 But here is what I am writing to you now. You must stay away from anyone who claims to be a believer but does evil things. Stay away from anyone who commits sexual sins. Stay away from anyone who always wants more and more things. Stay away from anyone who worships statues of gods. Stay away from anyone who tells lies about others. Stay away from anyone who gets drunk or who cheats. Don’t even eat with people like these.

12 Is it my business to judge those outside the church? Aren’t you supposed to judge those inside the church? 13 God will judge those outside. Scripture says, “Get rid of that evil person!”

Much of the 21st century church might not like the above but it is what it is, bees what it bees, and says what it says. I'm thinking its pretty much a hell to the no on sodomite ministers or openly practicing unrepentant sodomites in the congregation.....among other things.....based on my ability to read picked up in public school.
apparently someone needs glasses even at the beginning of that big book it says Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve
Wrong is wrong. Always has been. Always will be...
Posted By: RJY66 Re: Ever had a gay preacher man - 11/12/22
Here is one tailor made for people mutilating children with "transition" surgery.....

Matthew 18:6–9; Mark 9:42–48)

1Jesus said to His disciples, “It is inevitable that stumbling blocks will come, but woe to the one through whom they come! 2It would be better for him to have a millstone hung around his neck and to be thrown into the sea than to cause one of these little ones to stumble.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No.

There's no difference in your pastor and a queer pastor, buddy. Check God's Word.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Ever had a gay preacher man - 11/12/22
The one thing that DOESN'T say is that everyone has a beam in their eye. Because not everyone does.

Satan loves to use this quote to prevent the faithful from performing works of charity.
My Bible sets rules for upper levels in the church.
Deacons and Preachers.

They can't be divorced, drink strong drinks, and must be of
good reputation.

I don't think one Turd Pusher telling another that Richard I'd "Gooooooddd"
counts as a good reputation!

Oh yeah, gotta be a dude too!

Pretty sure My church will never have a gay or woman preacher.
Will rarely have a woman do a message.

One in particular is a 90 some year old Generals wife.
An awesome Godly woman, her advice for young woman is
hilariously surprising , and pretty much on point.
And Biblical. 😁😁😁😁
Charles Stanley says he was saved after being led by the preaching of a Pentecostal woman evangelist when he was 12 years old at his hometown of Danville, VA.
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
And I thought this was gonna be a thread about Happy Cramper, AKA Maser, AKA NoElkSlayer, AKA Jason Cardenas, the Diaper Boy Fake Preacher.

😂😂😂😂😂
I don't go to church, so that's one less thing I need to worry about.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

There is nothing true, honorable, right, pure, lovely or of good report being under a women or gay preacher. To be in either of those congregations is an offense to God and you should exit promptly.

The qualifications of a bishop, elder/pastor come from 1st Timothy 3:1-7

1This is a faithful saying: If a man desires the position of a bishop, he desires a good work. 2 bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 4one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5(for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil. 7Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

also deacons should be a man: 1st Timothy 3:8-13

8Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy for money, 9holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience. 10But let these also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons, being found blameless. 11Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not [g]slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things. 12Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. 13For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

the qualifications for elders, pastors & bishops are repeated again in Titus 1:5-9

5For this reason I left you in Crete, that you should set in order the things that are lacking, and appoint elders in every city as I commanded you— 6if a man is blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of dissipation or insubordination. 7For a bishop must be blameless, as a steward of God, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, 8but hospitable, a lover of what is good, sober-minded, just, holy, self-controlled, 9holding fast the faithful word as he has been taught, that he may be able, by sound doctrine, both to exhort and convict those who contradict.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
And I thought this was gonna be a thread about Happy Cramper, AKA Maser, AKA NoElkSlayer, AKA Jason Cardenas, the Diaper Boy Fake Preacher.

😂😂😂😂😂
#RentFree
Originally Posted by antlers
Charles Stanley says he was saved after being led by the preaching of a Pentecostal woman evangelist when he was 12 years old at his hometown of Danville, VA.

Doesn't make it right but the wind blows where it will (meaning the Holy Spirit) John Ch3 and the Word doesn't return void.
Same as being Baptized by a church officer who may not be a Christian or taking the Lords supper from a non Christian church officer, the local churches are full of non Christians and as one who sits in a congregation we dont know the hearts of others, but God will still use those means of Grace to do His work.
Some say that all sin is the same. I disagree. Look at this one regarding sexual sin:

1 Cor 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, BUT the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.
19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,

Look at that word 'but'. 'But' means a contrast, something different, apart from. Sexual sin is against one's own body, contrasted with all other sins outside the body. Since the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, it's a sin against him. Remember that the only unforgivable sin is also against the Spirit. This isn't it, of course, but it indicates that you don't want to mess with the Holy Spirit. This passage puts sexual sin in a different category than all other sins.

If you take all the rules about sex in the Bible, you can condense them into 2 rules:
1. you must be married to your partner
2. your partner must be of the opposite sex.
That's all. There are no rules about how, when, where, or anything else. Just those 2. A church that tries to apply other rules is outside of scripture.

The context changes several times before it gets down to the false prophets. Remember that chapters and verses are assigned by men. They weren't part of Jesus' sermon. It starts a lot earlier than Mt 7:1 and covers a bunch of subjects, often just a sentence about each. You can't lump them all together in 1 context.
Closest thing I’ve had was I attended an elementary school in England taught by a Catholic Order of Irish Christian Brothers, only two of whom were homosexual pedophiles. Fortunately I guess my brother and I weren’t good-looking enough.

We did get beat with leather straps a couple of times a week for practically any offense like not doing your Latin homework (“amo, amas, amat” etc and something about Boudicca getting thrashed by the legions).
Posted By: Jahrs Re: Ever had a gay preacher man - 11/13/22
Some say that all sin is the same. I disagree. Look at this one regarding sexual sin:

1 Cor 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, BUT the sexually immoral person sins against his own body.
19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,

Look at that word 'but'. 'But' means a contrast, something different, apart from. Sexual sin is against one's own body, contrasted with all other sins outside the body. Since the body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, it's a sin against him. Remember that the only unforgivable sin is also against the Spirit. This isn't it, of course, but it indicates that you don't want to mess with the Holy Spirit. This passage puts sexual sin in a different category than all other sins.

If you take all the rules about sex in the Bible, you can condense them into 2 rules:
1. you must be married to your partner
2. your partner must be of the opposite sex.
That's all. There are no rules about how, when, where, or anything else. Just those 2. A church that tries to apply other rules is outside of scripture.

Hard to argue against what you’re saying. Here is another good verse to support your position.

“Jesus answered, “You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin.””
‭‭John‬ ‭19:11‬ ‭
What I have not seen in the Bible is anything about worse sins receiving worse penalties. Jesus occasionally referred to greater sins but never to a greater punishment. It's heaven or hell, no hotter hell. It's possible that there are different levels of punishment, but the Bible doesn't specify them. Jesus said that for some sins, it would be better if the person was drowned in the depths of the sea but he didn't elaborate beyond that.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Ever had a gay preacher man - 11/13/22
There are a couple of passages that Paul wrote, I believe in Corinthians, that reminded those believers that some of them “had been” like; effeminate/homosexual (maybe bisexual) in practice.

He speaks of the practice in the past tense.
Posted By: duke61 Re: Ever had a gay preacher man - 11/13/22
Just because man allows homosexuals in Church ministry does not mean God approves it or recognizes it. Those are apostate Churches/congregations which are running on man's energy not the power of the Holy Spirit, in another words they are dead churches, dead to God.
© 24hourcampfire