Home
Posted By: DigitalDan Riddle me this - 11/16/22
A fella wakes up one day and takes stock of supplies and a dark future. He has a good supply of components in all regards, and if he keeps his trigger finger under control has enough to last to the end of days. Arms are tuned and ready for everything from squill to semi trucks.

Question is, what’s he supposed to do now?
Posted By: Stammster Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Hookers and blow.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Roads I won’t travel.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Get a boat and do some lake fishing.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Roads I won’t travel.
Enable a friend to do same? Or a complete stranger?
Posted By: Fubarski Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
If ya wait for it to come to *you*, you've wasted your time, energy and life.

When it comes for *you*, you'll be outnumbered, surrounded and outgunned.

Militia type organization is necessary, ta have any positive effect on the bigger situation, as the Founding Fathers knew.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
"Get into trouble, and have to work his way out."
Posted By: Featherweight6555 Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Head down, powder dry. Secure place for you and yours to "be left alone". Know your neighbors and your enemies....

Or... go huntin' and fishin'.
Posted By: Gargoyle Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Militia type organization is necessary, ta have any positive effect on the bigger situation, as the Founding Fathers knew.

Hitting homie with the truths!
Posted By: Doc_Holidude Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Sip bourbon occasionally, but stay very frosty! 👀

Doc_Holidude
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Plant your ass in the middle of nowhere and become invisible.

It's been working for me for 5 years.
There ain't 25 people on Earth that know I exist,...and that's how I like it.
Posted By: Colorado1135 Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Find someone younger, hopefully with a family and teach them, then leave what you have to them if they are worthy so they can continue the fight
Anything less is doing exactly what the democrats want. They are waiting you out plain and simple, and it's working.
Posted By: 1beaver_shooter Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Get as far off as you can and stay there
Originally Posted by Bristoe

That works for you, but it kinda Fuchs the ones that follow you, good thing your ancestors didn't think that way or it would have ended their line.......🧐
Originally Posted by 1beaver_shooter

Lol that's exactly what they want you to do, and the selfish boomers (I know it's redundant) are doing that exact thing.

Yeah, you'll show them what for. [bleep] morons.

They are taking the wealth you put above family to accumulate, they've already trained your kids and grandkids to hate you and everything your generation stood for. Go ahead and scurry away in fear, because then they have it all. And what did you accomplish?

Being complicit in the end of America, all because you only cared about yourself. Period.
Look at the threads, all bitching about how things are and then worrying how to protect their "wealth". Then they wonder why the kids don't call.

Prove me wrong.
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Didn't mean to suggest I did not understand such things, or that I wasn't prepared to join my friends. I have a bit of experience with combat and know what will work and what won't. Cunning out maneuvers a majority damn near every time.

Deadfalls are in place. Punji pits as well. Most punks won't make it to my house.

I was mostly trying to inquire what I might do in regards to fodder for the arms, or shooting amusement. Air rifle? Start making my own BP, or recharging primers? Buy a bow? Slingshot? I already know how to hurl a boomerang and can surprise both fish and people with a speargun.

Rough numbers in the inventory would include over 5K shotgun shells of various styles and gauges. 8K rimfire and the ability to reload for the LR. 2K+ loaded CF rifle ammo. 12-15K primers and about 125# of powder, and I reload all. Haven't purchased any CF ammo of any sort for near 10 years.

Have about 1K pounds of lead in several varieties, and maybe a thou of unloaded pieces of brass. I cast .17, .22, .30, .35, .38 .40, .41, .44 RB .45 and .50 cal bullets, and have somewhere around 2K cast bullets sitting idle. Also have several CF rounds I do not cast for. They account for about 4K worth of J-bullets.

I sold a few guns about a year back, so I don't cast for them anymore. No more Hornet, 1/4 bore or 7mm casting.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Get a boat and do some lake fishing.
So you are suggesting he become a hooker and blowhard?
Posted By: Morewood Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22

I find that hard to believe, Bristoe.
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
A fella wakes up one day and takes stock of supplies and a dark future. He has a good supply of components in all regards, and if he keeps his trigger finger under control has enough to last to the end of days. Arms are tuned and ready for everything from squill to semi trucks.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Colorado1135

That works for you, but it kinda Fuchs the ones that follow you, good thing your ancestors didn't think that way or it would have ended their line.......🧐

Why would anybody want to follow me? It ain't like I've been walking Casteneda's "Path With Heart" all these years.

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/638441-anything-is-one-of-a-million-paths-therefore-you-must

But anyway, I extended my linage then sent 'em on their way,....told 'em to learn a foreign language and a good trade and get the fug out of America.

They thought I was crazy. I suspect they consider me less crazy with each passing day,..these days.
Posted By: ingwe Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22

As soon as you find out, let me know....
Will do.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Start canning meat.
Posted By: krp Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Just started inventorying my chit yesterday, I have 11,556 unloaded rifle/pistol bullets, 20,257 various primers, not counting shotgun primers 6500. Haven't got to the powder yet, but have enough. My 7 year old grandson will never have to worry about ammo in his lifetime unless he get's into competition shooting.

Otherwise I'm working or fishing and my grandkids, niece, daughter love to go shooting, fishing, outdoors stuff and even love me, though I'm a boomer... guess I'm just not bitter enough...

Caught crappie this last weekend, besides all the largemouth and smallies... crappie have been elusive this year.

Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Start canning meat.

Yeah man, that's the schit right there. Wife tried her hand at it this year on deer and it's damn fine. Going to can it all so if they do the brownout thing on us we don't lose it in the freezer. Still working toward a generator backup, but you still gotta have fuel for that. Figured we'd do propane for the quantity and lack of spoilage....

Anyways, yeah, can all of it!
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
...Question is, what’s he supposed to do now?

~ Get a life.
I extended my food supplies from 1 year to 2... thanksgiving is the big time for canned food sales, really stock up... not sure what will happen this year with prices, we'll see next week.

Kent
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Get skilled at trapping.

Water dwelling fur-bearers.

It’s alllll about trapping.
Posted By: Barkoff Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22

Not advertise on social media and give others an excuse to come take your stock of supplies away.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Not advertise on social media and give others an excuse to come take your stock of supplies away.

Oh please.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Oh please.

So... no baiting allowed...

Kent
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
You cast for .17? Details?

Only suggestion I might offer is Ham radio or shortwave listening.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22

You can listen for free as long as the Internet is still available... or you can spend some money if you think it's something you might like to have if the "balloon goes up". I mostly listen using Ham radio gear but I picked this one up about a year ago. I have enough 18650 batteries and means to charge them so unless an EMP fries this one I should be good.

This was top of the line when I researched it but less expensive radios hear well too

Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
And I am sincere.

Posted By: Scott_Thornley Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22

Lol that's exactly what they want you to do, and the selfish boomers (I know it's redundant) are doing that exact thing.

They are taking the wealth you put above family to accumulate, they've already trained your kids and grandkids to hate you and everything your generation stood for. Go ahead and scurry away in fear, because then they have it all. And what did you accomplish?

Being complicit in the end of America, all because you only cared about yourself. Period.
Look at the threads, all bitching about how things are and then worrying how to protect their "wealth". Then they wonder why the kids don't call.

Prove me wrong.

First, where did the bad Boomer touch you?

Second, my boys think Biden’s a frighten joke, are in absolute support of the second, and know just how stooooopid the liberal agenda is. God willing’ and the crik don’ rise, they’ll inherit a not-insignificant estate when I pass. Hell, I mean to instill in them that they’re supposed to provide for my grandchildren that I’ll likely never meet ( don’t start having kids when you’re in your mid 40’s)

So, you’re wrong, proven.
Posted By: Fuelman Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Teach and instill the youth with what values you hold true. I've really enjoyed teaching my children, and even their friends hunting , shooting, fishing, and most of all, their inalienable rights along with Constitional values. As we all age, we'll need young legs to fight and to carry the torch. You all would be surprised at the youths will to learn and push back against the tyrannical government and woke agendas being propagated.
Baiting? Me? That's funny.

The .17 is a wee little RN for the Zimmersteutzen I fool with. Pound of lead goes a long way with that thing. grin
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Plan. Rehearse, Review.

Network,

Do you have like minded friends in the medical and dental fields?

Dental pain is pretty bad,
Posted By: Gypsy_Wind Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Run for local office.

Win. Rinse. Repeat.

Influence your jurisdiction & see where it goes from there.
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Prove me wrong.

First, where did the bad Boomer touch you?

Second, my boys think Biden’s a frighten joke, are in absolute support of the second, and know just how stooooopid the liberal agenda is. God willing’ and the crik don’ rise, they’ll inherit a not-insignificant estate when I pass. Hell, I mean to instill in them that they’re supposed to provide for my grandchildren that I’ll likely never meet ( don’t start having kids when you’re in your mid 40’s)

So, you’re wrong, proven.

Hahaha ok Boomer. Proven because you say so. Pompous and selfish I guess lol. It's crumbling before you're very eyes and all you can say is "my kids are like me" so all is well. If only it were that simple, but hey let troubles come in my children's time so that I might do what I want now. Is that about it? Thanks for making my point.
Posted By: Featherweight6555 Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
That canning meat is the bomb. Did some this year already and am canning this evening when I get home from work. No more vacuum pack and seal for us.
No refrigeration required or cooking for that matter.
It'll be alright in the end. If it ain't alright, it ain't the end.
There's a good thread down in the deer hunting forum about it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt.../15341671/canning-deer-meat#Post15341671
Posted By: deflave Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Buy an R/C airplane.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

That is incredibly prophetic...

Help the good...

Kill the rats...

Find joy...

Stay out of the gin...
Posted By: worriedman Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Instigate, till forced to use the last of the three boxes, get on the soap box.

I was e-mailing my State reps.at 4:30 this morning...
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Im just a simple woodcutter.

I cut wood and smoke my pipe.

I have a nice woodlot for firewood

Occasionally I make things from the wood I cut too
I play with my wood a fair bit. My stool samples...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Firewood...

A little bit of my driveway...
Originally Posted by deflave
Buy an R/C airplane.

Now there's a thought....maybe a bomber. With any luck it won't do this...
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Riddle me this - 11/16/22
Dan! Awesome work. Currently working on a pipe rack for all my Jägerpfeife.

Nothing fancy. Just simple.

Got a piece of cut sycamore down on the creek I need to retrieve.

I will add I always have a Winchester or a Mauser within easy reach.

A bench I did other day

Posted By: Featherweight6555 Re: Riddle me this - 11/17/22
I play with my wood a fair bit. My stool samples...

Firewood...

A little bit of my driveway...

I sure am glad you posted pics with that comment!!!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Riddle me this - 11/17/22

Haven't read the whole thread, but I thought that the obvious response was, "Keep stockpiling!".
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Riddle me this - 11/17/22
With a little help from a sawmill.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: gunzo Re: Riddle me this - 11/17/22
You have 5000 shot shells? You have nice winter weather. Fl. has quite a few sporting clays ranges.

Spend some time, some money on clay birds, have fun!!!

I shot the TM Ranch outside of Orlando a couple times & it was a great change of pace.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Riddle me this - 11/17/22
Wabi, that be some excellent wood work you did there.

Gunzo, I used to do a lot of clays shooting but have backed away from it due to the difference in range facilities today and yesterday. I enjoyed it a lot, but won't go down that hole these days. Have a couple of neighbors that I wish could fly. I'd yell pull for them in a heartbeat.

Hell, I even went down the BP hole with an ancient SxS awhile back.

The other shells are #8 shot.

#4 Buckshot
Posted By: viking Re: Riddle me this - 11/17/22
PT.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Riddle me this - 11/17/22
Originally Posted by wabigoon
With a little help from a sawmill.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Very nice Wabi!!!
Posted By: gunzo Re: Riddle me this - 11/17/22
Wabi, that be some excellent wood work you did there.

Gunzo, I used to do a lot of clays shooting but have backed away from it due to the difference in range facilities today and yesterday. I enjoyed it a lot, but won't go down that hole these days. Have a couple of neighbors that I wish could fly. I'd yell pull for them in a heartbeat.

Hell, I even went down the BP hole with an ancient SxS awhile back.

Well yeah, if you can shake a clays addiction it's best left that way. A fine looking shotgun though.
Posted By: MAC Re: Riddle me this - 11/17/22
Buy a flintlock and play with it.
I have a flinter. .45 cal that will put 5 in 1.5” offhand at 50 yds. grin

Boring it is.
Some of you good folks should go fishin' with me.
Wabi, you know I don’t do boats!
Bob, Wabigoon Lake has docks.
Mishipeshu still lives in the water up there!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underwater_panther
Posted By: deflave Re: Riddle me this - 11/17/22

I would love to.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: Riddle me this - 11/17/22
Sell it gradually to pay your taxes.
Bob, catch it, have it mounted. laugh
So Bob, being a lookout on Old Ironsides is out?[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Mebbe after it warms up a bit. grin
Posted By: high_country_ Re: Riddle me this - 11/17/22
I bought my wife a freeze dryer and she hasn't turned it off since it showed up. We can meat, make jerky and seal it in jars with a vacuum pump. Jerky is as good a year later as it was on day 1.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Riddle me this - 11/18/22
I may have figured it out.

Round ball loads for my .45-70. 2, maybe 3 per shot? grin
© 24hourcampfire