Home
Now that restrictions have been lifted, anyone planning on a cruise for the coming year ?
Southern Caribbean for us. 7 day out of Puerto Rico.
I used to think you were kinda cool.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I used to think you were kinda cool.

LOL

Of all the reasons to hang yourself...

LOL

I'm only kidding!
I am...
We do cool stuff.
We just use it as transportation to get to exciting destinations.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Athens, Cairo, Jerusalem, Rhodes, Cyprus and Ephesus in March/April.
Maybe you can use one of those diving bells to get your stock back.
Lol....
Super secret trip to AK.!
Actually Jim, another member here, contacted me, and smoothed things over with what happened.
But, if I ever do meet that person in AK. I will punch him in his face just to square up, because he never posted or personally apologized for making me out to be the bad person in that soap opera.
Still no stock or cartridge trap... .
Not a cruise, but I'm going to Mohave Co. AZ in late March/early April to look at a desert ranch I bought. Not really a ranch, just 2.5 acres of greasewood off grid. Probably snakes/scorpions around.

This was a novelty land purchase. I'm gonna shop the tax deed auctions in 2023 also. Might find another "Ranch".
On one right now and heading back to Ft. Lauderdale. It is back to normal as far as we can tell. No masks or stupid restrictions anymore that we noticed.
Western Med, April 23 for our 40th
Haha!

Well, good luck in your travels anyway.

Not my cup o tea....but have fun!
Originally Posted by Longbob
On one right now and heading back to Ft. Lauderdale. It is back to normal as far as we can tell. No masks or stupid restrictions anymore that we noticed.

Make you get vaccinated?
[quote=Jim_Conrad]Maybe you can use one of those diving bells to get your stock back.[/quot

Or just sit on 10k acres of apparently somewhat useless land hoping the kids will turn it around over the next 50+ years.
BTW splatter, cool pics, love the salty water fish.
Was at a kids rodeo tonight there Ed.

Kids had a great time and competed well.
Some folks I know out south of me were on that cruise ship that was quarantined off of California when this covidiocy started.

Sure you guys saw it in the news.

We all figured they would never go again. Nope. They booked the first chance they could.

It would no doubt be kind of fun.....but I have to be able to get home whenever I want to....or I twist off.

Wife wants to do the Alaska cruise thing. I want to drive.
My wife wants to do both.

I'm all for the cruise though.
In fact, here is a picture Ed.

See how that horse is leaned over and Lynley is already looking at the next barrel?

It was a great turn.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I realize its not some oil platform in Baku....but it works for us.
The kids don’t know yet since it’s one of their Christmas presents but we’re doing a quick 5 day to Catalina and Ensenada. Not getting off the boat in Mexico…
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
The kids don’t know yet since it’s one of their Christmas presents but we’re doing a quick 5 day to Catalina and Ensenada. Not getting off the boat in Mexico…
That’s pretty wimpy, Ensenada is plenty safe. We drove and camped Baja end for end last winter and never felt unsafe.
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
That’s pretty wimpy, Ensenada is plenty safe. We drove and camped Baja end for end last winter and never felt unsafe.

Yeah but they’ve been to Cabo, PV, Mazatlan so Ensenada doesn’t have anything except the squirts and kitschy crap we don’t need. I swore I’d never go back to Mexico every time I get back from Mexico. 😁

I’ve been there and done that and I have the t-shirts, blankets and stolen credit card experience to go with it.

I’m glad that you guys had a good trip and everything worked out well. It’s a beautiful country.
Originally Posted by EdM

Or just sit on 10k acres of apparently somewhat useless land hoping the kids will turn it around over the next 50+ years.

Hey I fixed that quote for you.. I rather have 10k acres of supposed worthless land than sit on a cruise ship..
My last one got canceled due to the Covid scare.

Not sure I want any part of that these days.

I’m tired of traveling anyways. I need a freaking
weeks rest after a damn 4 day vacation.
I’m over dat noise.
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by EdM

Hey I fixed that quote for you.. I rather have 10k acres of supposed worthless land than sit on a cruise ship..
Well nugget, I agree with your nug of wisdom you just
dropped.
My wife, along with 8 or 10 other women have an Alaskan Cruise scheduled for May. She and I have been on this trip before but when one of her girl friends asked her to go she never hesitated.

I will never go on another cruise.
Vacation preferences aside, after the way the cruise industry behaved during the height of The Bologna Virus scare, I cannot imagine giving them a dime of your money.

I think 50% of the world has lost their fugking mind, or took enough pills to turn it into mush.
The wife and I are doing Sedona Arizona in April. Neither of us have been there. We want to go to Grand Canyon and be fly over country tourists.

kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020
The wife and I are doing Sedona Arizona in April. Neither of us have been there. We want to go to Grand Canyon and be fly over country tourists.

kwg

Is that all inclusive on Carnival?
My wife and I had an Alaskan cruise cancelled due to covid. Were are doing it in 2023…our 30 year anniversary.
Are there any All-white cruises?

I know that a carnival cruise is out of the question!
I cannot imagine a dirtier place on this planet.

Make you get vaccinated?

Celebrity and no on the vaccination (jab) requirement and no on the testing requirement. I saw one mask on one crew member the entire trip and none on the passengers.

Make you get vaccinated?

Celebrity and no on the vaccination (jab) requirement and no on the testing requirement. I saw one mask on one crew member the entire trip and none on the passengers.

That's good news.

Guess the gov money quit flowing and they need ticket sales.

kwg

If the fire currently in West Oak Creek canyon doesn't destroy it, do visit when in the flagstaff Sedona area. Especially if you can hike a little.

I have spent a good amount of time in those areas.

Regards

Make you get vaccinated?

That's good news.

Guess the gov money quit flowing and they need ticket sales.

It was packed and the same cruise this time next year was 98% sold. They aren’t for everyone and I get that, but it isn’t the only travel we do. There are certain ones we enjoy. I wouldn’t go on a Carnival cruise if my life depended on it.

We like them when we travel to unknown places that we want to get an idea if we like it enough to make a land based trip. We are going to Peru next month (family there), Punta Cana in March, Japan cruise on Cunard in April with my daughters, and Switzerland in June on a watch makers tour.
I have a hunting bud. Complete outdoorsman, backpack hunts, And loves the solitude. His favorite vacation is a cruise. I don't understand it but thats his gig.

Regards
Never been on a cruise and never will. Those things are floating petri dishes (long before the China virus).
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Never been on a cruise and never will. Those things are floating petri dishes (long before the China virus).

You are probably right and may be why we hardly ever get sick. Never been sick on a cruise and hardly ever sick at home. As much travel as we do it is damn good that our immune systems have been exposed to so much that they are humming right along.
So what is so dirty about a cruise ?
Every one we've been on, is always being cleaned, washed, or scrubbed at any given moment.
A guest spills or drops anything, a crew member is on the clean up right away, at night, there is floor scrubbing, and food places being cleaned, ice cream machines apart, and cleaning, etc. I see crews wiping everything down constantly.
If you catch anything on a cruise ship, it's because of your own poor hygiene.
I never wanted to go on one many years ago. Friends invited us to go with them on one.
I hesitantly went. Loved it. Unless you look over the sides, you pretty much don't know your floating in the ocean.
Not the type of thing I do.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Me either. No guns on cruise ships.
We leave April 7th for nine days on RC.. Finally - after two previous postponements. Southern Caribbean area.
You guys hurry up and get signed in for yet more cruises. I bought some cruise line stocks a few months before the covid hit and they are now in the tank. Help a geezer out here, fellers. grin
Got two for 2023. One is to Hawaii, main shore excursion is Pearl Harbor. Been on my bucket list for long time.
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

Me either. No guns on cruise ships.
Just 5000 azzholes I wouldn't care to be around.
I stayed too drunk to contract any pathogens
It's not the ship, entertainment choices, destinations, or price. It's the mob of guests trying to outdo one another like a bad frat party. I guess picking the right cruise is the key.

Went on a European river cruise. Laid back. Quiet. Very relaxing.
It'd be fun the cruse the Great Lakes.
Originally Posted by Dess
It's not the ship, entertainment choices, destinations, or price. It's the mob of guests trying to outdo one another like a bad frat party. I guess picking the right cruise is the key.

Went on a European river cruise. Laid back. Quiet. Very relaxing.
A friend of ours just got back from a Euro river cruise. Had the same reaction as you.
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/norwegian-cruise-line-sues-florida/index.html

I'd love to go with you.
Originally Posted by deflave

I'd love to go with you.
I started laughing so hard I choked.

Just like the Edmund Fitzgerald. Let em book you in Steerage

kwg

It is not. It's a time share thing.

kwg
Wifey probably does with her friends. I’m done with that cshit
Nope......

Won't pay for "FTA".

Used to get paid for FTA.....

kwg

It is not. It's a time share thing.

kwg

I figured.

Can't be many ports in Arizona.
Have been on 4 cruises, but never again, Wifey got the Norovirus on the Celebrity Solstis on only its 3rd cruise out. Even though I was not sick, I was restricted to the room also for 2/3 rds of the cruise. Our compensation? A credit for another cruise. We did enjoy most of a Disney cruise. Have been doing All Inclusive trips instead. Did 4 last winter, spending 40 days in the Caribbean. Going to Punta Cana for 10 days in January for my 70th. Again in early May. Then on the road on and off with the Motorhome until October.
Thought about it but just booked 12 days in Hawaii instead tge end of January. I hate spending another $10k but the wife will be happy for 12 days maybe and the kids will have fun.

Bb
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Now that restrictions have been lifted, anyone planning on a cruise for the coming year ?
Southern Caribbean for us. 7 day out of Puerto Rico.

I’m on a cruise right now to the Mexican Riviera. The ship is sold out. I have another scheduled in July, 2023.
went on a cruise twice to Alaska

The first & the last time
No
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
I cannot imagine a dirtier place on this planet.
Says someone who I'm guessing has never been on a cruise...
Regent Seven Seas is a good cruise line, Try them and you might like a cruise a bit more.
Originally Posted by ENorton
Regent Seven Seas is a good cruise line, Try them and you might like a cruise a bit more.

That’s the Regent that sued the Attorney General of Florida because Florida would not allow mandated vaccinations.

Yeah let’s give them our money.

LOL
Sedona is WAY overrated. Been to the airport a bunch of times but to town only once. I'll never go again. Hope you have fun. Sedona and Cottonwood are all about wine drinking...
© 24hourcampfire