Home
I dropped the hammer at exactly the moment they allowed us to apply to get in line..... and I'm number 9120. It's all day in now and I still have 2500 ahead of me.

Ugh. Half of everything sold already. Cmon....no whammys!
Hallelujah. Scored deer and elk tags again.
Glad to know guys are still getting tags this evening.
What kind of clusterfucque is this anyway?
Originally Posted by Fireball2
What kind of clusterfucque is this anyway?

can you buy otc tags in Oregon for deer and elk?
Yes. Some units are draw and some are OTC. I hunt OTC tags.
I quit Idaho several years ago. Was applying for a tag whose season began after the start of the new year. They required me to buy a current non-res license before I could apply. If I had drawn, would then have been required to buy another non-res license.

This was only a few years after they accidentally released a bunch of applicant SS numbers...
What a complete sheetshow!

Of my group, I think I am the only one that got a tag.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Yes. Some units are draw and some are OTC. I hunt OTC tags.

as a non resident? Interesting

They went to draw only even for archery I thought
Originally Posted by sactoller

can you buy a non Rez otc tag in Wyoming Iowa, Nevada, Arizona, Montana?

You should be thank you you have an equal shot to draw every year in Idaho or take ten years accumulate points and maybe draw
Originally Posted by high_country_
I dropped the hammer at exactly the moment they allowed us to apply to get in line..... and I'm number 9120. It's all day in now and I still have 2500 ahead of me.

congrats. Hunting panhandle?
Originally Posted by ribka

You should be thank you you have an equal shot to draw every year in Idaho or take ten years accumulate points and maybe draw

Not sure that’s his point. The way Idaho has changed there system is a 💩show. I understand capping nonresident tags etc but there system sucks.

I have no issue with limited non-res tags, it is the site, unable to handle the load, so people had to sit in front of their computer all day to wait to get in. Who the Fak has time for that? If you missed your opening, you had to start over in the queue, creating even more issues.

Just go to all draw hunts and make it simple.

Yes pan a and unit 6 general deer.
They sent out apology emails today.
Idaho has no game left. Go to Colorado
Originally Posted by Springcove

Not sure that’s his point. The way Idaho has changed there system is a 💩show. I understand capping nonresident tags etc but there system sucks.

how would you change with the tens of thousands of applicants and a chance to draw every year?
Here is the email I got...

Fish and Game apologizes for delays that caused customer frustrations during nonresident tag sales
To all of our nonresident deer and elk hunters,

Idaho Fish and Game staff sincerely apologizes for the delays that caused frustration with the license and tag sales system on December 1, the first day of nonresident deer and elk tag sales for next year's season.

We experienced record demand for about 200 different types of nonresident deer and elk tags, and during a 12-hour period sold nearly 27,000 nonresident tags. We had about 67,000 customers trying to buy those products on that day, including as many as 49,000 at one time.

Despite anticipating and planning for this high demand, our license sales system and website was overwhelmed for several hours. The resulting delays led to frustration for many customers across all sales channels, including online, in-person, and telephone.

Again, we apologize for those problems and understand your frustration. We recognize the importance of nonresident hunters in Idaho, and we do not take any of our customers for granted. Unfortunately, that was not reflected during the sale.

We will work diligently to improve the process for future high-demand license and tag sales so we can provide all of our customers with the excellent service that they deserve.

We thank you for your continued support of hunting in Idaho.

Sincerely,

Idaho Fish Staff

how would you change with the tens of thousands of applicants and a chance to draw every year?

The outsourced system they are using is crap! It can’t handle the volume and crashes because it is crap. At this point Idaho might as well go to a draw system across the board. As posted earlier people can’t just sit on there computer all day waiting for a 20 minute window to purchase license and tags.

Idaho fish and game sent an apology letter out today because they know the system they are using is garbage.

I will still put in for the controlled hunts because I was born there and it’s my favorite state to hunt. If I don’t draw I will hunt ducks and geese on my family’s ranches. So no matter what Idaho will get non resident money out of me.
When in doubt...blame Californians..👌
Originally Posted by Salmonella

That made me laugh 😂.
Hell I have been wanting to go back and hunt Blacktails in the Mendocino. Maybe I will do that this year.

It’s all good as long as you’re outdoors…

That made me laugh 😂.

Californians did bring a child drag queen strip show to N Idaho last June.
Washington had a similar disaster when they moved to online drawing. I remember it well, it was the ONLY year in my life that I drew a bull tag.....and they took it away.

Bull tag gone. I did somehow end up with a west side extra cow tag with my east side license. I asked wtf? They said the points are spent so I can hunt it or watch them burn.

I took 3 Washington elk that year.
I realize La. doesn't have the variety of big game some of western states have.... but this having to enter a contest, to draw a tag, to see if you get to go hunting is BS.

It's nice to live in a state where you can buy your license OTC and are allowed to kill 6 deer per year. No hassle, no being told what part of the state you have to hunt in, no having to wonder if you even get to hunt this year or next year. Just buy the license and if you dont have private land or a lease to hunt on, go to one of the WMA's.

I guess we're called 'Sportsman Paradise' for a reason.
Must have been one of my hunting buddies...🤣

That made me laugh 😂.

Californians did bring a child drag queen strip show to N Idaho last June.

Seriously??? 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
Originally Posted by Oldman03
I realize La. doesn't have the variety of big game some of western states have.... but this having to enter a contest, to draw a tag, to see if you get to go hunting is BS.

It's nice to live in a state where you can buy your license OTC and are allowed to kill 6 deer per year. No hassle, no being told what part of the state you have to hunt in, no having to wonder if you even get to hunt this year or next year. Just buy the license and if you dont have private land or a lease to hunt on, go to one of the WMA's.

I guess we're called 'Sportsman Paradise' for a reason.
The problem that this thread addresses is all of the NON-RESIDENTS who want to come here to hunt. If the regs were like LA, we'd be overrun by out of state hunters and the deer and elk would be decimated in 1 or 2 seasons. Then there's the landscape. Idaho has about 55k square miles of public land, most of which is open for hunting. That's more public land than LA has total. However, much of that can't support many animals. It's too dry, steep, and rocky to grow the vegetation necessary for a bazillion deer.
Here's an article from our local paper describing the fiasco. They don't have a link so I posted a couple photos of the article. They explain that in past years, tag sales went smoothly over time. Last year, they suddenly got bombed with huge numbers of applicants and it got a lot worse this year. They had 67k applicants all hitting the site at the same time. The numbers were unprecedented and the system couldn't handle it.
Read the part about hunters flying in from all over the country to try to buy tags in person. Idaho has been discovered.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire