Home
https://www.wabi.tv/2022/12/02/caught-camera-mother-fends-off-raccoon-that-attacked-her-daughter/

ASHFORD, Conn. (WFSB/Gray News) - An animal control officer reported that a child was bitten by a raccoon in Ashford, Connecticut.

Video of the incident was captured by a surveillance camera Friday morning.

“I was going out to get on the bus and a raccoon was there and tried to attack me,” said Rylee MacNamara of Ashford.

Rylee said she and her mother, Logan, suffered some bite marks before her mother was able to yank the animal off her. The raccoon ran off into the woods after she threw it off.

“It was wrapping its arms around my leg,” she explained. “It really hurt.”

The family reported that both the mother and the girl went to the doctor’s office to get checked out.

There’s no word yet on if the animal was rabid.

“I thought maybe she slammed her finger in the door. I definitely wasn’t expecting to see a raccoon wrapped around her leg,” Logan said.

The two went to the hospital, received rabies shots, and were back home in a couple of hours.

State police said they responded to the incident to assist the animal control officer.

Animal control spent Friday morning in the woods trying to track down the animal, but it was nowhere to be found.

I felt the urge for a 12ga and a motorboat at the same time! laugh
Right there with ya!
Coon got yeeted across the yard. Should've followed up with a 12ga.
Coon had to he a Democrat looking for a hand out ..
Mamma bear.
Rabies??
where was she when I was lookin' for a wife?
Originally Posted by g5m
Rabies??

Just a trash panda that's been fed handouts until it lost fear of man.
When I was a little kid waiting for the school bus outside, my dog (a larger than average female German Shepherd) accompanied me. Back then, folks weren't as obsessed with dogs always being behind a fence or on a leash. She knew to hang around on the property till someone let her back in.

One day, while I was waiting for the bus, she wandered into the backyard for some reason. I turned around to see a huge Great Dane standing just a couple yards away and looking right at me. I looked around for my dog, but she was nowhere in sight. The Great Dane must have sensed fear, because as soon as I noticed it, it began to snarl and growl at me. Just then, like a bullet, my German Shepard darted past me and tore into it. It broke free, and ran at top speed down the street with my German Shepherd on its heels till they were both out of sight. A few minutes later, she came trotting back unscathed.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by g5m
Rabies??

I’m guessing rabies, hard to tell if the raccoon was partly paralyzed when it moved on but it seems like it coulda tore them up worse if it was firing on all it’s cylinders.

That mom rocks 😎 I hope the kid gets over it. Shots for both underway I’m sure, IIRC they ain’t in your stomache any more.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Mamma bear.

She handled that like a champ!
You would not believe the amount of Live channels on TikTok of idiots feeding 20-30 raccoons nightly on their porches
Originally Posted by slumlord
You would not believe the amount of Live channels on TikTok of idiots feeding 20-30 raccoons nightly on their porches
A night manager where I work was just telling me the other night of 3 his wife hand feeds on their porch.

I just kept thinking her time is coming and it won't be pretty.
I feed all of mine also. A nice snack of lead!!!!!!!!! smile

Jim
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by g5m
Rabies??

I’m guessing rabies, hard to tell if the raccoon was partly paralyzed when it moved on but it seems like it coulda tore them up worse if it was firing on all it’s cylinders.

That mom rocks 😎 I hope the kid gets over it. Shots for both underway I’m sure, IIRC they ain’t in your stomache any more.

More likely, stupid fugcks like this:

Originally Posted by g5m
Rabies??
Had to be. I was burning garbage one day and had one chase me into the house. Got a 22 and brained it just outside the door. Spooky fugker.

I wonder if he starts to worry as the hotdogs run out.
Originally Posted by g5m
Rabies??

I think you're right, I've seen them fight coondogs and they can do some fighting, lightning fast and are constantly twisting clawing and biting the dogs.
No healthy wild coon could be held like that, although Mom might have had an adrenaline grip kicking in.
I’ve had to shoot a couple of possums with my Sheridan this year. Hard to kill. Put two in the last ones head. Not sure how long it took to die. Buzzards got it the next day. Nothing left in the yard but skin and bones.
I truly regret not tripling the number of raccoons I have killed. and I can say for sure I have killed several thousand.
that looks like a healthy well fed raccoon. Im guessing someone is feeding it? Or there is a corn field nearby.
One of the guys that worked for a Quarry in Havre de Grace, Maryland had one bite him on his leg at 4:30Aam. He had to get the shots.. We kept on teasing him that the Raccoon died.. Never found the animal..
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by g5m
Rabies??

I think you're right, I've seen them fight coondogs and they can do some fighting, lightning fast and are constantly twisting clawing and biting the dogs.
No healthy wild coon could be held like that, although Mom might have had an adrenaline grip kicking in.

friend of mine grabbed one that was in battle with his dog, he said he wish he hadent, tore him up, said the coon went into a tasmanian devil mode
I felt the urge for a 12ga and a motorboat at the same time! laugh
laugh laugh laugh
few years ago my wife went out to get the dog in and she starting yelling for me to help get him in as he was nose to nose with a big coon. got the dog in but holy crap it was a Hugh coon, came back in and grabbed a 22lr. went out and walked right up to him and place the muzzel below his ear, dead coon. starting putting two and two together and figured it was a tame coon that a dog boarder had and when she closed up shop she must of set it free. it was 2pm and if you see a coon during the day there has to be something wrong with it
My kids found one and come running in the house it was rolling on his back after coming up to them. I grab the pistol walked up to it and it was purring it’s little coon noise and I found that it had a collar so I took it home. I threw the damn thing in my wash room for the night in a dog carrier to see if we could find the owner. When I opened the door the next morning the son of a bitch destroyed the place including the carrier it cleaned the shelves peeled tile off the floor ripped the foam insulation off the plumbing. Boy was I glad to find the owner. Momma bear did good.
Coon should have reached out with a front paw and pulled her shirt down when she chucked it.

It really should have.

lol
© 24hourcampfire