Home
State sponsored $25/head bounty here

wake up dumm azz newsome

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/coyote-attacks-toddler-in-woodland-hills/
I heard Bill Gates said the toddler "had it coming."
Coyote was going to drag her off and make a meal of her.
Fuggin idiot tree huggin' liberals
Should be a bounty on Coyotes everywhere, but the Tree Huggers and PETA would throw a fit.

When those Dipschitts pretty much killed fur trapping by driving the prices down to rock bottom in the 80’s,
it allowed a population explosion of Coyotes that will never be contained or controlled again.
Coyotes are probably the most adaptive predators in North America. They survive and thrive in the big cities today like LA and even NYC.

Unfortunately, it never seems to happen to a tree huggers kids. 😜
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Fuggin idiot tree hungin liberals

PREZACTLY
As sad as it sounds, nothing will be done until some celebrity or politician's family is attacked by a predator. Coyotes are highly intelligent ambush predators, completely adaptable the their environment.
Originally Posted by MPat70
As sad as it sounds, nothing will be done until some celebrity or politician's family is attacked by a predator. Coyotes are highly intelligent ambush predators, completely adaptable the their environment.

Nailed it.
Prolly get arrested if they shot it.

Think I need a crossbow.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Coyote was going to drag her off and make a meal of her.

Yep. Their was another case like this last year in the NE on a beach. Seems like it was in Massahole or one of those nearby states.
They are native to Texas, Colorado etc. How did we get them here in N. Carolina, and Georgia? I can see them going east through Louisiana, to Baton Rouge. At that point, did they swim the Mississippi, or what?
Kilt this SOB pup @ 175 running with 45 Colt

3rd shot took him down......fun in Utah's high desert

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
They are native to Texas, Colorado etc. How did we get them here in N. Carolina, and Georgia? I can see them going east through Louisiana, to Baton Rouge. At that point, did they swim the Mississippi, or what?

They were native to all of N America.
What a man. Attacked that coyote with a 2x4. Makes a tingle run down your leg.
I hear the things up here time to time. Wolves keep them in check. I'd hate to find something wild that does the same thing to wolves, tho. Might get a little sporty for people. smile
Originally Posted by shootem
What a man. Attacked that coyote with a 2x4. Makes a tingle run down your leg.

fuggin A
They are not native to Georgia.
Why would they swim?

Nice shooting!
When I lived in NV, one of my friends there ran an outfitter service. He was out with a client sheep hunting when they came upon a guy from California who had been missing for a week; or what was left of him. The dude was getting “at one” with nature and left for the high desert. When my friend and company came upon the camp an entire pack of coyotes was there eating him! The ‘authorities’ told everyone he must have died prior to the coyotes devouring him, but my friend said there appeared to be signs of a struggle. His view was the guy had some kind of medical event and the coyotes found him down and unable to really defend himself. He is a rancher and guide so I trust his analysis more than some politically driven biologists out of Carson. Hell of a way to go.
Why would they not swim ? They can. But probably crossed bridges in preference. They are opportunists and establish themselves wherever.

They weren't "native to Alaska" either, but apparently followed the Alcan up after it's construction. Or so I've been told.
Originally Posted by DollarShort
Why would they swim?

Are they gonna cross the I 10 bridge? That mother****r is 2 miles long!
I ran that bridge over 650 times in the big rig, but I never saw any coyotes on it.
With numbers there is nothing they won’t attack.

Osky
Someone built bridges across the rivers, simonkenton7, that's how the rest of the country gets armadillos, too.
When I grew up in N/C Missouri, armadillos were something they had in Texas, and maybe Oklahoma, but never as far north as we were. Now I see dead armadillos every time I drive out to Missouri to visit family. Every time.
Why would they swim?

I ran that bridge over 650 times in the big rig, but I never saw any coyotes on it.
Maybe. Maybe a railroad bridge.
Ship this Georgia coyote killin machine up to Utah

https://www.13newsnow.com/article/n.../85-4197e55d-d611-4047-a6c6-f7cbe34e43d5
Armadillos can cross a small creek, by holding their breath and walking across on the bottom of the creek. Interesting little guys.
I don't think that would work on the Mississippi at Baton Rouge.

By the way, driving out west in Texas, good God did I see lots of dead armadillos on the interstates. Lots of dead coyotes too.
Why would they swim?

Were you there 24/7/365 over decades? Is that the only bridge? How long does it take a coyote to trot 2 miles - 20 minutes? Less? Not to mention if caught on the bridge and they go into streak mode. What makes you think they didn't establish from farther north, after crossing the Miss? Perhaps in winter, on ice? This is of course speculative- we will never know.

I've seen videos of mt lion and leopards crossing bridgesinto residential areas, in the dead of night, and leaving again, and no one knew until they were caught on night cameras. You think coyotes are not as adventuresomeas these putatively more shy cats?

Did some quick research:

The coyote is a newcomer to Alaska. Coyotes were first noted in the state shortly after the turn of the 20th century. Populations were first reported on the mainland of Southeast Alaska and then slowly expanded northward into the upper Tanana Valley from which they radiated in all directions.

There are some serious mountain ranges and rivers (with and without bridges to cross) on this dispersion view. Working their way north along the Alcan to populate Interior by the 60/70's is speculatively more likely. IMO.

DNA study showed the Kenai Penninsula was initally repopulated by wolves from a single pregnant female. Think coyotes can't do the same?
Damn things are in eastern nc .I can step outside at night and here them calling most winter nights,my daughter lives in Cary and told me she saw one while hiking around the lake at the apartment complex last week
(Alaska) Department biologists do not keep track of coyote numbers, but Fairbanks-area trapper Randy Zarnke said coyotes began showing up on his trapline trails three or four years ago.

"Now, all I have left is coyotes," he said. "Not sure if they ate all the other fur-bearers or just chased them away."

Coyote pelts fetch less money than marten or lynx, Zarnke said, so he does not try to trap them. He'd like to remove them from his trapping grounds because they've eaten foxes from his snares in each of the last three seasons. But he finds coyotes difficult to trap.

"I used to think foxes were smart until I ran into wolves," he said. "Then, I thought wolves were smart until I ran into coyotes."

The adaptable creatures have been among the first large animals back into areas people have settled, wrote Donald Cornelius in Fish and Game's Wildlife Notebook Series entry on the coyote.

"The elimination or reduction of wolves from many areas of North America, coupled with land and clearing activities, have contributed to this range extension," he wrote.

Based on reports from more than 100 years ago, biologists figure coyotes were first on the mainland of Southeast Alaska and then migrated northward into the upper Tanana Valley. From here, they spread all over Alaska, with the highest numbers on the Kenai Peninsula and in the Matanuska, Susitna and Copper River valleys. Few people have reported seeing coyotes north of the Yukon River.

In areas without wolves, which eat coyotes and keep their numbers down, the dog-like creatures with pointy ears and snouts are just about everywhere. People have seen coyotes in all five boroughs of New York City, and in Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle and every major city in North America. Maybe it shouldn't be surprising we share our vast acreage with them.

Since the late 1970s, the University of Alaska Fairbanks' Geophysical Institute has provided this column free in cooperation with the UAF research community. Ned Rozell is a science writer for the Geophysical Institute.

Ned Rozell
Ned Rozell is a science writer with the Geophysical Institute at the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
Originally Posted by LNF150

hell ya.........
The only two things left on earth at the end of time will be a coyote and a mesquite tree.

wake up dumm azz newsome

the state bounty is $50. It’s stupid and mainly to appease don peay and the SFW. Coyotes get blamed for way more than they do. A few years ago there was an attack at the kennecott guard shack. Only 5 miles from me. Look that up tikka,
Kennecott coyote attack
We kill them yr.round here in texas,there is no season,no bounty.We could use one on both these vermin.
Quoted from. Above.
When those Dipschitts pretty much killed fur trapping by driving the prices down to rock bottom in the 80’s,
it allowed a population explosion of Coyotes that will never be contained or controlled again.

This is partially true, but the expansion of leased deer hunting and the “dont allow other hunting” and the expansion of the deer herd helped too
Good shooting Tikka.
Fox hunters were importing them from Texas decades ago to give their hounds something else to chase. Coyotes tended to displace the red foxes that were here. Probably happened in other states too. That might explain the crossing of the Mississippi River.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Should be a bounty on Coyotes everywhere, but the Tree Huggers and PETA would throw a fit.

Coyotes are probably the most adaptive predators in North America. They survive and thrive in the big cities today like LA and even NYC.

It's done the same for racoons. We have way too many of them in my neck of the woods.

kwg

wake up dumm azz newsome

Damn I wish they had it here as I would have racked up a pile of cash. Locally we had a annual coyote contest partially funded by OHA the other part by a local gun shop. Your name went in the hat once per coyote tail turned in and I put a employee’s name in for each tail until I had grandkids. The oldest granddaughter won a 22-250 Four years ago which the shop owner allowed me to swap for a .223 instead.
Prolly get arrested if they shot it.

Think I need a crossbow.
This... Not allowed to defend yourself from man or beast in these parts.
Originally Posted by Nestucca

wake up dumm azz newsome

Damn I wish they had it here as I would have racked up a pile of cash. Locally we had a annual coyote contest partially funded by OHA the other part by a local gun shop. Your name went in the hat once per coyote tail turned in and I put a employee’s name in for each tail until I had grandkids. The oldest granddaughter won a 22-250 Four years ago which the shop owner allowed me to swap for a .223 instead.

It’s such a major pita to get that bounty, it’s no longer worth it IMHO. I just leave em lie.
Originally Posted by stxhunter
The only two things left on earth at the end of time will be a coyote and a mesquite tree.

Old man used to say only things left would be cockroaches and coyotes.
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

It's done the same for racoons. We have way too many of them in my neck of the woods.

kwg

Yep. Not to mention skunks and Rabies.

You forgot the Cockroaches Roger. 😜
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

wake up dumm azz newsome

It’s such a major pita to get that bounty, it’s no longer worth it IMHO. I just leave em lie.
I did too and shot more off their carcasses.

The old people I've known said that they weren't in
east Texas until the mid 1950's
They displaced what few red wolves were left
TPWD could say for sure
Red Wolves kept them out of the east
Growing up back in the fifties and sixties in east Arkansas, we had no coyotes, no beaver, no muskrats, no nutria, very few deer, and no armadillos, nor turkey. We had rabbits, squirrels, coons, possums, mink, quail. Game and fish stocked deer, and I suspect all of the rest of the nuisance animals. Coyotes, beaver, muskrat all showed up about the same time in the late fifties. Armadillos in the Seventies or eighties. Beaver I think was stocked to try to get more wetlands for ducks. The money bird in east Arkansas. I know that my dog killed a muskrat in the late fifties, and the local trappers that trapped a lot of coon and mink, had no idea what it was. They had never seen one before. I also know that in the late eighties and nineties, they stocked alligators to try to help control the beaver population, that was doing a lot of woodland damage. Our game and fish is not always a friend. miles
Should have mentioned that before coyotes, we had a lot of fox. miles

nice shot!
Coyotes arrived in the east via natural movement. In Virginia, one of the last states to be populated, they came in from the north and south. Eastern coyotes are bigger than western coytoes. Studies show eastern coyotes are 64% coyote, 13+% gray wolf, 11+% eastern wolf, and 10% domestic dog . I started seeing coyotes in eastern Virginia in the 80s when they would come in squirrel and turkey calls. Now they are firmly established in Virginia. Our DWR estimate no fewer than 50,000 in Virginia but admit its likely much higher. Some areas have more than 1 per quare mile. And you don't have to report coyote kills in Virginia, but some hunters do voluntarily and hunters are reporting killing 25,000 per year, and that number is likely much higher. One shotgun-only county I hunt actually changed their local laws to permit centerfire rifles for coyote hunting because farmers were loosing so many calves to them. I've seen them prowling a local walmart parking lot, and it's nothing anymore to see them hunting mice in the fields of the local battle fields here. My neighbors have seen them on their surveillance cameras. They've been seen near childrens' bus stops in Williamsburg. They prowl downtown Richmond at night and the liberal city gov't says they are great for rat control. There is no getting rid of them anymore. Our DWR says 60% of them have to be killed every single year just to stablize the population, and their population can rebound in a single year.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Red Wolves kept them out of the east

There is a stocked population of Red Wolves in eastern NC. Their numbers have dropped from a high of 120 adults to 20 adults today. Besides being hit by cars and getting shot, coyotes are breeding them out of existence. Red Wolves in NC have a lot of coyote DNA in them.
Ya forgot cockroaches, Roger. laugh

Where was that father pussy's gun?

Fuggin stupid liberals.
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

nice shot!

+1
The piedmont of NC is covered up with them. Old timer told me 20 years ago when the groundhogs showed up the yotes would not be far behind - and he was spot on. I used to kill 125 - 150 groundhogs every year but now only kill a couple dozen. Small game populations have taken a hit as well.

Locals are seeing small dogs and cats disappearing on a daily basis - which in and of itself is not a bad thing. I have told them that its coyotes taking them and they usually call BS until I show them pics. I cross a couple of railroad tracks driving to work every morning and always look up and down the tracks for wildlife, and usually see coyotes a couple times a week on the tracks. Had an incident in my neighborhood a few years back where a coyote snatched a big white rabbit out of a neighbor's garage while her kids were playing with it. The fallout from that was hilarious.
Originally Posted by Ben_Lurkin

wake up dumm azz newsome

agree..........

crow.......magpie bait

wake up dumm azz newsome

That coyote in Woodland Hills, came back for seconds.

L.W.
Nuthin like......

sending a .452" 45 Colt 250 gr downrange at a 'yote....

Ya can't hit me that lever gun..........

die MO FO
What are these coyotes you speak of?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Nice work CG. Looks like I’m running behind.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Laffin........ You can kill all the coyotes your want, just don’t do it with a Pit Bull. laugh
https://www.wect.com/2022/12/02/sta...2oot6MUwQCGF_Tm3CIXWmVaxCHUDMD3Y2AfBCj6g

Tough ass Dog.

Greg
© 24hourcampfire