Home
Posted By: Fireball2 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
Not a right, a privilege.

Allowed, or not, at the discretion of the government.

Applies to ALL rights if the government can convince you of it and enforce it on you.

Prove me wrong. Show me a *right* that you have that a corrupt government cannot take from you. Up to and including your life.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
You should look up the NYSRPA decision SCOTUS just handed down.

Oregon is going to be a test of that decision and it looks good for you guys and the rest of us in the future.

Sorry you guys are one of the test cases but the odds are in your/our favor.
Posted By: memtb Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
Very correct!

It was a right, until the court system was corrupted by the leftest. Sadly, we allowed this to happen!

We always hear compromise…..BS. Compromise is giving your opponent a victory without a fight!

Had we, the United States, followed Joseph McCarthy’s lead in the ‘50’s……we would be a much better nation today!

Compromise and appeasement will ultimately cost you everything! memtb
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
Thanks for the optimism John Burns, it's in short supply for at least half of the 4 million people in Oregon right now.

The judge in her decision cited the case, and chose to do a workaround anyway.
Posted By: deflave Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Thanks for the optimism John Burns, it's in short supply for at least half of the 4 million people in Oregon right now.

So nothing has changed?

LOL
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
Short-term solution is We, The People, IGNORE the unconstitutional edicts emanating from .gov's
Posted By: Remsen Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
Our rights do not come from government, but I understand the point you're making.

I've had to deal with lower (i.e., Federal district) courts a lot on basic issues like the First and Second Amendments. In most cases, the lower courts absolutely do not follow precedent from the Supreme Court and rule, instead, based on political and personal considerations.

I'm working on an appeal from a case in Texas where the judge utterly disregarded precedent and the Constitution to arrive at a decision that comported with her personal beliefs. The good news is that the appeals courts tend to be a lot better, though they certainly aren't perfect. The 9th Circuit, which is where Oregon appeals go, used to be absolutely rogue but in recent years (thanks, in part, to President Trump) they have gotten better.

In other words, you can count on west coast district courts to ignore precedent and you can also count on their rulings to be overturned (if not at the 9th Circuit, the Supreme Court).
Originally Posted by Remsen
Our rights do not come from government, but I understand the point you're making.

I've had to deal with lower (i.e., Federal district) courts a lot on basic issues like the First and Second Amendments. In most cases, the lower courts absolutely do not follow precedent from the Supreme Court and rule, instead, based on political and personal considerations.

I'm working on an appeal from a case in Texas where the judge utterly disregarded precedent and the Constitution to arrive at a decision that comported with her personal beliefs. The good news is that the appeals courts tend to be a lot better, though they certainly aren't perfect. The 9th Circuit, which is where Oregon appeals go, used to be absolutely rogue but in recent years (thanks, in part, to President Trump) they have gotten better.

In other words, you can count on west coast district courts to ignore precedent and you can also count on their rulings to be overturned (if not at the 9th Circuit, the Supreme Court).

So in the mean time, conform.
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
[Linked Image from througharosetintedlens.files.wordpress.com]
Posted By: Stickfight Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
Prove me wrong. Show me a *right* that you have that a corrupt government cannot take from you.

You are confused about the definition of a right. That the government can infringe on them is why the Bill of Rights was written in the first place. If it wasn't possible there would have been no need and we'd all likely still be speaking....well English but the inferior version that sounds like the words are chewed up and spit out instead of spoken.

The problem you've identified is that our governments have declined to follow their obligation to avoid infringing on rights with which we were born.
Posted By: Raeford Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Short-term solution is We, The People, IGNORE the unconstitutional edicts emanating from .gov's

That^^^^^
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
Rights are certain, Creator-granted, and unalienable, according to Thomas Jefferson. I accept that as my definition as well. Governments cannot do anything to affect rights. You decide whether to give them up or not. I would suggest that those operating under color of law to violate your rights are guilty of serious crimes, and should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law, both that of men and that of God.

In other words, don't take that shiit they're serving you. You only have the rights you are willing to exercise and fight for, to the death if required. That is the reality.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
Yep. Ballz be confused thinking that anyone else is responsible for him . Put your big boy pants on.
Looks like a State court has issued a TRO on the permit part.

https://twitter.com/GunOwners/statu...n2mI6fixZNufpdxS73fgfPBr592H2T_WYQMzeoUc
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Rights are certain, Creator-granted, and unalienable, according to Thomas Jefferson. I accept that as my definition as well. Governments cannot do anything to affect rights. You decide whether to give them up or not. I would suggest that those operating under color of law to violate your rights are guilty of serious crimes, and should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law, both that of men and that of God.

In other words, don't take that shiit they're serving you. You only have the rights you are willing to exercise and fight for, to the death if required. That is the reality.

LOL.

Post up pictures of all your SBRs, Full Auto, and suppressors that are not registered.

Oh yeah you're just a full of schiet loudmouth running his suck on the internet.

Who saw that comin?
Posted By: Remsen Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
Originally Posted by deflave

So in the mean time, conform.

I sure as hell didn't when I lived in CA. As with so many other things, if you aren't looking for trouble you won't find trouble when it comes to disobeying bad laws. If you make do what I'm doing right now (blabbing about breaking laws), you will find trouble. Be discreet and you will almost always have no trouble.

I refused to register my AK and ARs, bought mags over 10 rounds into the state, carried without a permit, etc. If Montana ever goes the way of CA and OR, I'll refuse to comply with those laws as well. There are some things that are non-negotiable, and fundamental rights are at the top of the list for me.

FYI, this is not legal advice...
I sure as hell didn't when I lived in CA. As with so many other things, if you aren't looking for trouble you won't find trouble when it comes to disobeying bad laws. If you make do what I'm doing right now (blabbing about breaking laws), you will find trouble. Be discreet and you will almost always have no trouble.

I refused to register my AK and ARs, bought mags over 10 rounds into the state, carried without a permit, etc. If Montana ever goes the way of CA and OR, I'll refuse to comply with those laws as well. There are some things that are non-negotiable, and fundamental rights are at the top of the list for me.

FYI, this is not legal advice...

I understand.

But I don't think the majority of Oregon understands how this is going to go.
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
You should look up the NYSRPA decision SCOTUS just handed down.

Oregon is going to be a test of that decision and it looks good for you guys and the rest of us in the future.

Sorry you guys are one of the test cases but the odds are in your/our favor.

Gin Blossom Burns,

Stop pretending to be an authority on anything.

You're a proven liar and fraud.

You're also an inbred dumb fugk.
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Looks like a State court has issued a TRO on the permit part.

https://twitter.com/GunOwners/statu...n2mI6fixZNufpdxS73fgfPBr592H2T_WYQMzeoUc
TRO on 114

PORTLAND, Ore. — A state circuit court judge has granted an injunction against Oregon's Measure 114 on Tuesday, just hours after a federal judge denied a motion that sought to block the ballot measure's ban on high-capacity gun magazines.

Circuit Court Judge Robert Raschio in Harney County ruled in favor of a temporary restraining order on the grounds that the measure would infringe on their right to bear arms because they would be "unable to lawfully purchase a firearm or bear a magazine capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition."

The challenge was one of several brought forth against the measure, which narrowly passed in the midterm election and was set to go into effect Thursday. It would require anyone purchasing a new firearm to get a permit through state and county law enforcement agencies, take a training course and do a background check.

WIZARD.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The 2d says we already have the rights and those rights can't be infringed. How clear can it get? The entire bill of rights says we have the rights and the government can't take them away.
Posted By: Dave_Skinner Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
Don't want to poop the party, but the Donald let slip he'd like "suspension." I mean, his mouth is about as loose as another orifice, but I've about had enough of the guy. Our next President needs to be a cogent adult and a "Constitutional Republic"-an.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Raferman Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
Ever notice how JeffO Gayghost Northmam and friends never comment on 2A threads.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22

Applies to ALL rights if the government can convince you of it and enforce it on you.

Prove me wrong. Show me a *right* that you have that a corrupt government cannot take from you. Up to and including your life.

None of my rights are taken from me unless I choose to surrender them.

They don’t originate from government, are inherent to everyone and not subject to be taken except in the most extreme cases ie incarcerated/felons etc.
Posted By: szihn Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/06/22
All governments derive their powers from the consent of the Governed.

by international charter of finance and war, if you pay for it you support it. (your feelings about that support are 100% irrelevant. Only the fact that it's paid by taxes is relevant. That's why cities are bombed and shelled in war. To kill tax payers who are the ones making the governments viable and giving them power)
Posted By: RAM Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/07/22
WHAT ?
Posted By: MickeyD Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/07/22

That's pretty much what the Federal judge said today with her ruling in 114.
She's a real POS!!

I understand the "they can't take my rights if I don't surrender them", or the "I will not comply", or the 2nd Amendment says they can't infringe thinking.
I think the same way.
HOWEVER, tell me how that's worked out for those in California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey and all the other commie states that got caught practicing their Constitutional rights. They're in prison while many of the real criminals are not being prosecuted or jailed.
And if you're a left wing politician there's a real likelyhood that there's nothing you could do that would ever land you in jail.
So, yes, I get it. Our rights are, in reality, nothing more than temporary privileges subject to the whims of the tyrants.
Don't think so? I submit for your consideration the comments from that ass hole congressman that said "dont give me that bull schitt about Constitutional rights".
He got no push back from ANY of the other dems in congress. Tells you all you need to know about those ass holes and our rights
Posted By: 45_100 Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/07/22
The Bill of Rights identifies ten God given rights and prohibits government from violating those rights. Maybe since the beginning but definitely since WW2 we have seen government progressively infringe upon and blatently violate those rights. You can pretty much predict how a judge will rule based on the president who appointed them. This is not how it is supposed to work but this is reality. Yes you have the God given right but more and more the reality is you might have to be prepared to die to defend those rights.
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: 2nd Amendment - 12/07/22
Originally Posted by MickeyD

That's pretty much what the Federal judge said today with her ruling in 114.
She's a real POS!!

Immergut, while she has changed her political spots to suit here career as she moved forward. She’s a Liberal.

As I said, based on her confirmation hearing answers to District of Columbia v Heller. She isn’t likely to rule in our favor. And I was right.

Confirmation hearing questions

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Immergut%20Responses%20to%20QFRs.pdf

🦫
© 24hourcampfire