Home
So in 2019 Costco was getting pressure at their annual stockholders' meeting to "wake up" and do something about their products produced by prison labor.

Specifically in the U.S. they were being accused because of the racial makeup of our nation's prison population to perpetuating "slave labor" if anything they sold was produced by less-than-market compensated laborers in prisons.

By 2020 Costco passed a policy to reject such contracts, and the Deer Lodge men's state prison in Montana was targeted by Costco. Costco held a contract lucrative to both the warehouse store system and the prison selling their diary product's to Costco stores across Montana (and perhaps neighboring states) under the Darigold label. Costco's contract with the prison dairy was terminated. Deer Lodge prison had to sell most of their dairy herd, maintaining only enough cows to supply prisoner's meals.

And suddenly the Deer Lodge prison had a large sucking sound in their budget. A call was put out to fellow Montana state agencies to be creative in ways to plug the fiscal gap.

In on a white horse rides the Director's office of Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks. They propose building a pheasant hatchery to raise and release on public lands 50,000 pheasants a year, using funds raised from hunter license sales combined with a majority of monies raised by the feds via the 11% tax on retail firearms and ammo sales. The pheasants are to be raised and released free-of-charge on public lands (where there are usually already wild pheasants), 90%+ are expected to die of starvation/predation or shooting by Jan. 1, and half the birds are hens which are illegal to shoot regardless (50% waste right there). Recall that Montana already has one of the most revered wild pheasant populations in the nation delivering far superior birds to the gun without subsidy.

So a commercially profitable income stream from dairy production is shifted by Costco's policy change intended to prevent the perpetuation of "slave labor" in Montana, to catalyze a $1mil./yr. full-loss expenditure by Montana's game agency of funds raised exclusively from hunting license sales and taxes on retail gun and ammo sales. It doesn't matter what party you like, hate, or vote for, or whether you don't like or think it is OK to release pen pheasants on public ground... this is a travesty.
In the last presidential election, who did you vote for?
If that's all you have to bitch about regarding MTFWP, you haven't done much looking. That pheasant program is a drop in the ocean.

I wish you all would figure out that government is a [bleep] scam. It would make reality far easier to discuss.
We're from the government; and we're here to help..........
Fugk Costco. But whatever your gripe is ,they’re really listening to you whine on the internet about it.
I'm not whining about it... I'm just sharing a largely unknown story of how hunter's and shooter's license and tax dollars are being used to "fix" a situation caused by Costco's "woke" policy.
I’ve been on both sides of the equation. I used to sell fish to the stores in and around Denver, until the state prison came in and under sold me and pushed me out of the market. With no labor cost to speak of and no capital costs their operating budget was such there was no way I could compete.

So, I started selling them their fingerlings, and made lemonade from the lemons. That is until their other, major, customer (Whole Foods) got publicly embarrassed for buying “prison labor” goods and Whole Foods cancelled that contract. Bye-bye fingerling sales.

Now I’m back to supplying fish to the stores. Whiplash, I’m telling you.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Fugk Costco. But whatever your gripe is ,they’re really listening to you whine on the internet about it.
And I don't give a fugh if Costco ever sees this or learns anything from it (they won't). But I am thinking people like you will learn something. Maybe not?
Originally Posted by GrouseChaser
I'm not whining about it... I'm just sharing a largely unknown story of how hunter's and shooter's license and tax dollars are being used to "fix" a situation caused by Costco's "woke" policy.

you're ok supporting politicians that want to ban guns and hunting but suddenly now you're worried about pheasants? I hunt pheasants and the replant a lot in Montana I would hardly describe the pheasant hunting s great.

You do know peasants aren't even a native bird in America

Ironically Costco loves its Asian slave labor producers because of their yeller skin. . No white slaves though lol
Originally Posted by ribka

you're ok supporting politicians that want to ban guns and hunting but suddenly now you're worried about pheasants? I hunt pheasants and the replant a lot in Montana I would hardly describe the pheasant hunting s great.

You do know peasants aren't even a native bird in America

Ironically Costco loves its Asian slave labor producers because of their yeller skin. . No white slaves though lol
Dang, you are distracted. Who have I ever said I support that wants to ban hunting guns and hunting? And you are amazingly biologically correct- pheasants are not native birds, and neither are Hungarian partridge (what was my first clue?). My blood gets up whenever I hunt either of them (which won't be until tomorrow).
How many phez do you figure Jon Tester can eat in a single sitting?
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I’d really like to know the answer to this question before I judge the authenticity of the OP.
Originally Posted by efw

I’d really like to know the answer to this question before I judge the authenticity of the OP.
"Judgement shall not be your's" said the Lord.
Originally Posted by Backroads

I have yet to pull the trigger on a phez this year. Probably saw 30-40 birds today at work which is actually low but....

Chitty cover(drought hoppers) and they flush way out there. Spent very little time actually hunting this fall.
Originally Posted by efw

"Judgement shall not be your's" said the Lord.

So you voted for Biden.

That makes you a piece of [bleep].
Blaming Costco for your new pheasant hatching program seems like quite a stretch.
Notwithstanding the interesting (?) sidetracks of this thread, thanks for the info. Thanks for the heads-up on the Costco woke b.s. and for yet another example of the most mismanaged organization in this state. Both actions are absurd.
Originally Posted by Nebraska
Blaming Costco for your new pheasant hatching program seems like quite a stretch.

Especially when he voted for a woke politician in THE WOKE Party for Pres.

Seems self indicting to then lament that same wokeness in a retailer.

Derp
Without Costco's change in policy, the felony pheasant hatchery would never have been funded (with sportsmen's dollars) or built in Deer Lodge.
Without Costco's change in policy, the felony pheasant hatchery would never have been funded (with sportsmen's dollars) or built in Deer Lodge.
Originally Posted by efw

Derp
It was actually a Republican Gov. that called for it, his appointees on the wildlife commission that approved it, and his party's legislative committees that voted it through.
And a Democrat-appointed agency passed the gun/ammo tax funds to the project, so I hold no party blameless. I'd suggest Biden was clueless.
Perfect example of why I don't shop at Costco.
Originally Posted by efw

Derp
It was actually a Republican Gov. that called for it, his appointees on the wildlife commission that approved it, and his party's legislative committees that voted it through.
And a Democrat-appointed agency passed the gun/ammo tax funds to the project, so I hold no party blameless. I'd suggest Biden was clueless.
Three is the official daily limit!
Originally Posted by Dutch
I’ve been on both sides of the equation. I used to sell fish to the stores in and around Denver, until the state prison came in and under sold me and pushed me out of the market. With no labor cost to speak of and no capital costs their operating budget was such there was no way I could compete.

So, I started selling them their fingerlings, and made lemonade from the lemons. That is until their other, major, customer (Whole Foods) got publicly embarrassed for buying “prison labor” goods and Whole Foods cancelled that contract. Bye-bye fingerling sales.

Now I’m back to supplying fish to the stores. Whiplash, I’m telling you.
Wow, quite a story! Be well.
So in 2019 Costco was getting pressure at their annual stockholders' meeting to "wake up" and do something about their products produced by prison labor.

Specifically in the U.S. they were being accused because of the racial makeup of our nation's prison population to perpetuating "slave labor" if anything they sold was produced by less-than-market compensated laborers in prisons.

By 2020 Costco passed a policy to reject such contracts, and the Deer Lodge men's state prison in Montana was targeted by Costco. Costco held a contract lucrative to both the warehouse store system and the prison selling their diary product's to Costco stores across Montana (and perhaps neighboring states) under the Darigold label. Costco's contract with the prison dairy was terminated. Deer Lodge prison had to sell most of their dairy herd, maintaining only enough cows to supply prisoner's meals.

And suddenly the Deer Lodge prison had a large sucking sound in their budget. A call was put out to fellow Montana state agencies to be creative in ways to plug the fiscal gap.

In on a white horse rides the Director's office of Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks. They propose building a pheasant hatchery to raise and release on public lands 50,000 pheasants a year, using funds raised from hunter license sales combined with a majority of monies raised by the feds via the 11% tax on retail firearms and ammo sales. The pheasants are to be raised and released free-of-charge on public lands (where there are usually already wild pheasants), 90%+ are expected to die of starvation/predation or shooting by Jan. 1, and half the birds are hens which are illegal to shoot regardless (50% waste right there). Recall that Montana already has one of the most revered wild pheasant populations in the nation delivering far superior birds to the gun without subsidy.

So a commercially profitable income stream from dairy production is shifted by Costco's policy change intended to prevent the perpetuation of "slave labor" in Montana, to catalyze a $1mil./yr. full-loss expenditure by Montana's game agency of funds raised exclusively from hunting license sales and taxes on retail gun and ammo sales. It doesn't matter what party you like, hate, or vote for, or whether you don't like or think it is OK to release pen pheasants on public ground... this is a travesty.

Grouse fugger, you are an absolute moron and a Biden voter. Montana hunters spent $389.2 million in more than 2.6 million hunter days. Of course, that pales in comparison to the estimated $3.47 billion that non-residents spent in Montana last year, according to an Institute for Tourism and Recreation Research study, but most of that money ends up in Western Montana, in areas nearest to Glacier and Yellowstone national parks. It's called and investment. But you are too stupid to look at the economic impact of the program. Why don't you go way and start a hammer fight with your boyfriend while you wait for your people to "get" Trump.

https://www.gohunt.com/content/news/hunting-provides-big-boost-for-montana-s-economy
Love those Huns. Much more adaptable than Pheasants up there in Montana and North Dakota. They will be there a long time after the Pheasants fade away.
Like it or not, put and take pheasant hunting exposes a lot of people to hunting.

Not my cup of tea, but if I wanted to introduce someone to the sport, I’d like the ability to put them on some nice and stupid planted birds….

ha ha. he's clueless
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Grouse fugger, you are an absolute moron and a Biden voter. Montana hunters spent $389.2 million in more than 2.6 million hunter days. Of course, that pales in comparison to the estimated $3.47 billion that non-residents spent in Montana last year, according to an Institute for Tourism and Recreation Research study, but most of that money ends up in Western Montana, in areas nearest to Glacier and Yellowstone national parks. It's called and investment. But you are too stupid to look at the economic impact of the program. Why don't you go way and start a hammer fight with your boyfriend while you wait for your people to "get" Trump.

https://www.gohunt.com/content/news/hunting-provides-big-boost-for-montana-s-economy
Stormin Nobody- if you can show me ANY positive economic impact of FWP's pheasant release program, I'd be more than happy to pass the information around.
id thought BHA would help on this lol.

guess they're too busy shutting down predator hunting, sucking tester's lil cuck and banning guns

Originally Posted by efw

Derp
Beyond these Costco figures, how much does Montana spend on pheasant release in a typical year?
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Beyond these Costco figures, how much does Montana spend on pheasant release in a typical year?
In 2021 and '22 $1mil/yr. The prior 40 years they spent nothing on releasing pen-reared pheasants on public lands.
Originally Posted by Dutch
Like it or not, put and take pheasant hunting exposes a lot of people to hunting.

Not my cup of tea, but if I wanted to introduce someone to the sport, I’d like the ability to put them on some nice and stupid planted birds….
I don't disagree. But this is a service already provided by the private sector on small business shooting preserves.
Why is the government competing with them?
Imagine if Montana's state prison started a beef herd, and gave away steaks, roasts, ribs, and burger for free. There would be war.
Show us on the doll where the mean man touched you.
For profit prison labor is in the gray zone, approaching a bad line.

Not opposed to prisoners working, it's beneficial to everyone.
Not even opposed to them working for free or very cheap in a capacity
of providing their own keep.

Working them at less than prevailing wages(especially min wage) in a
for profit business gets close to slave labor.

And as per Dutch's post, unfairly competes with legitimate businesses.

It wasn't Trump.......
Trump being fit for handcuffs.
Trump is about 2 months from an ankle bracelet. IMHO. Buckle up, Buttercup!

When referring to Ashli Babbit.
I heard she was with ANTIFA.

When Referring to Capital Shooting of Ashli Babbit.
I'm not sure why he didn't smoke two or three more.....

A while ago Kingston speculated that this might be Paddler's Sock, I'm starting to think he was right.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Stormin Nobody- if you can show me ANY positive economic impact of FWP's pheasant release program, I'd be more than happy to pass the information around.

So you come here with baseless unproven allegations, and you want me to prove you wrong? You really are liberal dipsh!t .
Originally Posted by 12344mag

It wasn't Trump.......

A while ago Kingston speculated that this might be Paddler's Sock, I'm starting to think he was right.
Dang it! I thought it was only the Gubmint that monitored free speech! Tell us why you think it is great to waste hunter's and shooter's money? I'll write your answer down!
Grousechaser,

Tell us why its a great idea for your boy SloJoe to trade a arms dealer for a b!tch the hates America?

It wasn't Trump.......

It wasn't Trump.......

He may be onto something? I had the same idea yesterday
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ana-is-a-anti-2nd-lying-pos#Post17878639
Ditch parrots were an introduced bird from China. Pheasants forever is basically saying “save non-native Chinese birds”.

I”m surprised they weren’t the super spreader of COvID. Maybe they were….

Put the tinfoil hats on.
Obviously its getting past most of your bedtimes. I'll happily continue this conversation via PM's... tomorrow.
How far do you figure Tester hikes after birds every year? Looks like a dude that gets after it, surely.
Re: ASHLI BABBIT
shootem #15629594 01/09/21
Online Content
GrouseChaser
Campfire Regular
G
Montana

you're a cowardly worthless anti gun pos . celebrating when a decorated military vet and mother of 2. unarmed was assassinated

sorry I replied to an anti hunting weakling like you. go worship your pedophile Biden

How far do you figure Tester hikes after birds every year? Looks like a dude that gets after it, surely.

not as fat as the Walmart shopping lard ass grouse hunter
Obviously its getting past most of your bedtimes. I'll happily continue this conversation via PM's... tomorrow.

you can dream of your fantasy of Ashli babbit being murdered and molesting children with your hero Biden .

what a joke you are
Originally Posted by ribka

not as fat as the Walmart shopping lard ass grouse hunter

Just another sock puppet that likes pictures of the president sniffing kids. Groomer.
© 24hourcampfire