Home
Not much to say, I see why he's there.
That sucks Wabbi. Unfortunately all of us have a expiration date.
Mask, robe, ICU, locked doors.
Makes you wonder who's the luckier, the man who makes it to 85, but starts accumulating medical issues at 60, and ends up being cared for like a baby, or the guy who has a piano fall on his head at 55 unawares, having enjoyed perfect health up to that point.
I’ll take whatever He allows me to have.

Meanwhile, live ones life to the best.
My brother passed away today. Never made to a nursing home. 83
Originally Posted by saddlesore
God speed and he was a fortunate soul
A nursing home with an ICU??

Really now…

Sorry for your loss.
Sorry, RIP
I have worked in healthcare for almost 30 years....there are much worse things than dying.
Originally Posted by Nestucca
God speed and he was a fortunate soul

He was indeed. I understand the need for them, but pray I never need one myself.

I put my father in a very nice one in May, 2019. He lasted 10 months with no real specific health problems, except being 95. Spent about $125K of his money in that time.
My condolences to you. I can't imagine anything dulls the pain of losing a brother, even after a long life.
Originally Posted by slumlord
A nursing home with an ICU??

Really now…
Yep. Just like his friend has a brain tumor the size of a peach. Fugking drama queen

Not the worst thing.
I used to do a bit of electrical work in nursing homes back when I was an apprentice and occasionally when I had my business. It was tough to maintain a good attitude or concentrate on what I was doing watching all those people there who mostly didn't know what was going on around them. Makes you wish there was a magic pill that would snap them out of their never ending malaise, but no luck... it got to where I hated going on those jobs...
Originally Posted by wabigoon

Very sorry to hear of your friends misfortune

Very sorry to hear of your family’s loss that old w/o a nursing home is a blessing

My mother in law was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s & dementia. We as a family were giving her 24/7 care until last Friday when she had a stroke.

Her treatment at the hands of the medical industrial complex ever since has been simply astounding, even for a cynic like me. Hospital “social workers” treat her as you’d expect any communists to treat people; as a piece of paper it’s their job to remove from their desk. “Advocate for your loved one” they say; but if you do, you’re a threat to the efficiency of the system and will be treated as such.

What’s it been? 10 yrs since Obama Care? Astounding.

Folks we no longer have political foes on the Left. These people hate humanity and all that flourishing culture can offer our race.

Unspeakably sad. As if the diseases that kill us weren’t bad enough, now the systems we spent hundreds of years establishing are failing for no other reason than neglect.
Sorry to hear this, but I'd rather die than go into one of them homes! Watched my grandma and my mother die in them.
I'm 72 hope Inever see one .dave in wyo

Sorry to hear that!
We dabbled in that issue 7 months ago with my 85 yo mother. We've had her at our place in an in-law apartment we built with a caregiver that spent 6 hours a day with her. Her health had deteriorated, and we thought it was time to put her in a home. We found the best home we could, and it still sucked. There's no comparison between individual care and group care. I kept her there one week and then moved her back home with additional caregiver coverage. She had been there a week and was never bathed, had fallen, messed up meds etc. etc.

We've gone through all the caregiver trials and tribulations too. Lying, cheating, theft etc. etc. We lucked upon a friend of a friend that was available and that made all the difference, but that one person's resources and availability are limited. We eventually lucked out with supplementing with an agency that has 3 wonderful ladies from Zimbabwe that provide supplemental to our original caregiver. What a difference!! All 3 of the Zim ladies are intelligent, great conversationalists and a joy to have at our dinner table each evening. We truly consider them family and fully expect to stay friends with them after my mom passes.

My mom has always been a wonderful lady that deserves the blessings of our maker. When I needed an angel to help with her care, I was blessed with 3 new ones.
Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent

Sorry to hear that, Saddlesore.
My condolences.
Sorry to hear of the friend in the home and saddlesore losing a brother, one brother of mine passed just shy of his 42 birthday, dad we kept at home till 96 where he had a stroke and did not recover from it.

Watching a loved one's body and/or mind melt away is a terrible thing. One of the hardest for sure. Peace for you and your friend.
My mom didn't make it 24 hours in a nursing home. She was booze-pickled demented, had daily home care (plenty of resources), but fell and busted her shoulder. Caregiver found her, got her to the hospital. I begged the hospital not to transfer her to the nursing home until I could get over there in five days or so. Well, they moved her, and after an evening and morning of switchboard he// I finally got a human on the other end, asking for my mother. After being put on hold, the human told me at that moment she was in the ambulance on the way to the ER. Choked on potato salad. I called the ER, the doctor "called" her while I was on the line.
Oh, was I hot. But then, my stepsiblings pounced and made sure I didn't have the energy or resources to pursue the inexcusable "care" Mom had in her last four days.
In contrast, my Dad got Covided, and while he was feeling his 85 years, mentally he was still him -- a month before he went, we enjoyed our usual "sport drive" in the Audi A8, running that puppy around the corners with tires crying and up against the chip on good straightaways. But the Covid killed what was left of his lungs, and when I told him he'd never get off pressurized oxygen or go home again, he basically said, *%#)&, then let's go, (%$&$#). 15 hours later, after a final father/son salute, he punched out.

Sorry to hear, but, if he is a believer of Jesus, you will see him in heaven!

Condolences to all.

May he rest in peace.
Sorry to hear that.
My condolences on your brother’s passing.
So sorry to hear. There really are dates worse than early death.
Condolences, Vince.
Nursing homes are killing fields, the underpaid/overworked folks that work there make a game of seeing how long the unfortunate patient can survive with the inadequate care given them. Withold water, unchanged diapers, bedsores, and the places all reek with the stench of urine. We saw all the horrors with my grandmother, father and stepmother. I've already informed my family no nursing homes for me !
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Nursing homes are killing fields, the underpaid/overworked folks that work there make a game of seeing how long the unfortunate patient can survive with the inadequate care given them. Withold water, unchanged diapers, bedsores, and the places all reek with the stench of urine. We saw all the horrors with my grandmother, father and stepmother. I've already informed my family no nursing homes for me !
you are so [bleep] ignorant on how that works you're not even funny. I'd help you [bleep] leave the world so fast the way you run your mouth
Dad was in a nursing home for a little over 2 years (put himself in). I could tell stories, both good and bad.

Saddlesore, I'm sorry about your brother - condolences.

Allways outdoors, you don't need to continue attempting to be an ass.
My sister-in-law was diagnosed with meningiomas, breast cancer, and thyroid tumors - all at the same time.
The 2 tumors on her brain (meningiomas) were the size of a golf ball and the size of a tennis ball when found.
After taking care of the more deadly problems, upon surgery, the brain tumors were the size of grapefruits - and had cracked her skull.
Minimal pain involved with them until a few days prior to the surgery.

Things happen, the human body can endure much more than most realize.
My condolences
2016 dad died brain tumor .. wife works RN nursing home . local snall town . know most of the residents. talk a little bad on the care people have no idea how much the caretaker can get attached. to make comments like was previously made on here shows what kind of a dipshit dumbass that person really is. want to be most thankless jobs a person could ever have
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Not the worst thing.

I’m going with Jimbo on this one. 83 is a good run, and to pass at home or even in the hospital without ever having to darken the doorway of a nursing home, to me is a huge win.

Condolences, saddlesore.

🦫
Wow...
Must be a special nursing home.
ICU.
So they must have a med staff too running the ICU at the nursing home.

Couldn't have been a hospice, cause that is where they send expectant to die people.
Usually under 24 hr sedation waiting to pass away.
Little more less stressful situation for the family is what a hospice is compared to a room in a hospital on life support .
Most hospice patients are not on life support.
But in advanced stages of approaching death but the CNS system is still working for breathing on their own.

Most are sent after hospitalization, rehab, and then a nursing home within their new limits with really no date of death hanging over em.
Just issues associated with old age from dementia to physical inability especially.

Or they decide for themselves or relatives make the decision the person needs assisted living/ nursing home 24/7 365 resident status.
Then ya have retirement communities for those in totally different situations and living a active life as a senior citizen

Pretty confused about the nursing home with a ICU???
Originally Posted by gunswizard

So where are they gonna put you tomorrow???

🤣🤣🤣🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🤣🤣🤣

Arrrrgh..
Sorry to hear about that.
Condolences to you and all family and friends.
are you sure this was an ICU unit? or was it an Alzheimer's Ward..
I'm sorry for your loss.
I wish I remembered my Bible better, something like, It is not as though we have no hope?
The old story, this grumpy old man, left word for a friend to go to his closet after his funeral, take a brown wrapped package, and burn in in the backyard.

FIREWORKS. laugh
Seen cattle bolt when they hear the abattoir truck 500 yds distant.
Sorry for your loss.
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Not the worst thing.

I’m going with Jimbo on this one. 83 is a good run, and to pass at home or even in the hospital without ever having to darken the doorway of a nursing home, to me is a huge win.

Condolences, saddlesore.

🦫

Thanks, but his last three years, he cashed out hard. He was in and out Hospice care during those three years. Thanks for all the kind thoughts

Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent.
PJ
The old story, this grumpy old man, left word for a friend to go to his closet after his funeral, take a brown wrapped package, and burn in in the backyard.

FIREWORKS. laugh

Hey ‘lovey man’

You’ve been asked about this ICU unit 3 TIMES now.

Get one of your dumbshît friends to bail you out
My best friend has been in a Nursing home for years now.
Most depressing place I can imagine.
God's waiting room.

FIREWORKS. laugh

Hey ‘lovey man’

I don’t know Wabi or qualify for a “ lovely friend “, but you need to realize that assisted living facilities/nursing homes vary as to care provided.

My grandmother and her sister moved to one here that provided care from assisted living in an apartment together all the way to a hospital bed setting that was like an ICU.

Both died there with the best care you could imagine
I know a lot about nursing homes, rehabs, skilled nursing facilities.
Mother, grandparents, aunts, inlaws. 2 different states.

I also know about Step Down and ICU at the ‘big house’ aka the hospital. A hospital bed does not define “ICU”.

All he has to do either elaborate or say he misspoke

Don’t try to kiss his ass or school me
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

FIREWORKS. laugh

Hey ‘lovey man’

I don’t know Wabi or qualify for a “ lovely friend “, but you need to realize that assisted living facilities/nursing homes vary as to care provided.

My grandmother and her sister moved to one here that provided care from assisted living in an apartment together all the way to a hospital bed setting that was like an ICU.

Both died there with the best care you could imagine

Same here. Wife's grandmother was in one for 7years.Wife's mother for a year or so. Both were a lot happier there than at home. It was like a city itself.
Gerold is in a good nursing home. Clean, nice folks there.
agreed

Originally Posted by Jason280
I have worked in healthcare for almost 30 years....there are much worse things than dying.
© 24hourcampfire