Home
Trying to figure what to do,
volunteer.
Get circumcized!
Same here, only 49 years.
Enjoy the quiet. Our unmarried early 20's kids are home. It's an invasion. Love them to death, but this ain't their home anymore. Disrupting our routine...
Naked Twister

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
42 years for us also and we'll be alone. It isn't the first time as our sons need to split the holidays with in-laws. Personally, I'm going to enjoy it.
I hope you enjoy the change of pace for the first time in 42 years. I suppose I have at least another 20 years to go before I can say the same. I’m not sure I’d like doing Christmas without the kids. No matter how old they get we enjoy being around them…..Christmas is for the kids anyway, even if they aren’t kids any longer.

I wish you and your wife a wonderful and peaceful Christmas….after 42 years I’d say that you deserve it. 👍🏼
Kinda sad for you.
My wife and I are alone this year, too. We have 5 kids scattered over 4 states. It just didn't work out to get together with any of them this year. We've been alone before and we can find plenty to do.
Speaking from experience. I feel your pain.

Just shift your focus a bit and all will be ok.

You are never really alone. It's all relative.
We are alone this year too. Daughter and grandkids just moved to Hampton Roads area. Going to go over and see the wife's mother this evening then come home and watch A Christmas Carol. After that we might break out our new iPad Pro’s. Tomorrow is dinner at my place.

ETA: The gathering tonight has been cancelled. Looks like we are by ourselves with the pups like we were 3 years ago. Should have went over and spent it at the cabin, we had a a good time then.
I grew up in a family where someone was always working on Christmas day, and I've done my share of it. It was common then and now for my family to get together a week or so before, or after, Christmas day. No big deal!
The weather may bump back the Day for us. Say! Have THE MERRIEST OF CHRISTAMS!!
Wifey and I will be alone again for the third year or so, but Christmas is just a day. We try to get together with our kids as often as we can, but with them all working and families of their own, it is difficult. Because we are a blended family we are used to sharing Christmas with others. 3 of ours live out of state(we have traveled to have Xmas with them in the past), one is working (electrical linesman restoring power in New Hampshire), one is with her in-laws and one just doesn't care to come home and disrupt his own plans.
So we get up and have a light breakfast, open our stockings then get dressed up a little then play a couple board games. We have a couple drinks while making dinner together. While that is cooking, we open the gifts under one of two trees and call all the kids if they haven't called us. After dinner, we open gifts from tree number two, settle in for a good movie and probably have another drink or two. We are lucky because we really enjoy each others company so being just us is ok.
Yuo are not alone, youv'e got each other.
46 years here. We don't celebrate much anymore. No gift exchange, .Wife cooks nice dinner
Same here and first time out of our house. make the best out of it and Merry Christmas and a happy New Year
I'd rejoice that you both made it this far. The two of you did something right. Merry Christmas!
Enjoy the peace.
Have a nice dinner, wine, church, and some loving!
40 years for us. We are expecting no one to show up. Very unusual.

kwg
Originally Posted by CouchPullsOut
Yuo are not alone, youv'e got each other.

This
Have a nice meal and a nice day!
Blanket: I find being "alone" for moderate lengths of time is good for my soul - I have the time to assess "the whole thing" and also to count my blessings.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Have been thinking about your post and trying to put myself in your place. Not easy.

We have been married for more than 62 years and I cannot remember a single Christmas when we were not with some of our own, and do remember quite a few where the entire tribe (as many as 22) have been together in the same dwelling place. Absolute joy.

Then again, due to age, distances, etc. it could happen for us. I project no problem - my gal is my best buddy and I love being alone with her. We would probably arrange to be with friends, join in some worship, have some great food, hear some good music, rejoice in the significance.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Christmas morning IS quiet 2nd year
You must have done a decent job with them, otherwise they would still be living in your basement.
ROCK THAT HOUSE
and have some Celebratory Fun with each other.
Originally Posted by scottf270
Enjoy the quiet. Our unmarried early 20's kids are home. It's an invasion. Love them to death, but this ain't their home anymore. Disrupting our routine...

Dropping mine off w fam in big city. Just gonna be me and the two crazy cats next 2 days.

Maybe ill finally get some damn sleep.
I went to my mothers house and we spent time with about 20 people. Now I am home and alone cause my wife and son went off to New Cairo , Egypt to visit our daughter that lives there. So, for the 1st time in my life I will have an empty house when I go to bed. I dont really mind and have very little interest in Cairo Egypt cause they mostly sit around and talk.
Made a big prime rib that we will be eating on for awhile. We could have went to her brothers house yesterday but they don't obviously understand what a white out blizzard means when your 1 1/2 hours away and live in a city when you live in the country. Just kind of weird not having any family around. Girls are coming later this week for a few hours. Know we have each other as we have all those years
Yep me too
Originally Posted by saddlesore
46 years here. We don't celebrate much anymore. No gift exchange, .Wife cooks nice dinner
We don't exchange gifts anymore but the jewelry shop costs me s bunch
Originally Posted by 280shooter
You must have done a decent job with them, otherwise they would still be living in your basement.
Guess I did one daughter is the director of the MBA program for the University of iowa and the other is with Collins
Originally Posted by CCCC
Have been thinking about your post and trying to put myself in your place. Not easy.

We have been married for more than 62 years and I cannot remember a single Christmas when we were not with some of our own, and do remember quite a few where the entire tribe (as many as 22) have been together in the same dwelling place. Absolute joy.

Then again, due to age, distances, etc. it could happen for us. I project no problem - my gal is my best buddy and I love being alone with her. We would probably arrange to be with friends, join in some worship, have some great food, hear some good music, rejoice in the significance.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

I’m thinking that so far..for 62 years anyway, that you have been blessed beyond measure and the best part is that is NOT lost on you. 👍🏼

I have 30 some years to go before we hit our 62 year anniversary but I can definitely relate to having a wife who is also a best friend. My wife, our 2 children with our son’s girlfriend, my buddy and myself just got home from our church’s Christmas Eve candlelight service…..as I looked down the pew at everything that means anything to me I felt immense gratitude for the blessings in my life. I feel incredibly lucky to have a solid marriage that’s allowed us to raise 2 successful and amazing children. Knowing that their foundations are set deeply upon the rock of Christ brings me comfort that I can’t explain but I’m grateful for.

Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family Paul and may God continue to bless you in the coming New Year!
That is our Christmas blessings
Originally Posted by scottf270

Same thing here. Glued to their computers and phones nearly every waking moment.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
volunteer.
We used to do at the homeless shelter but it was a scam
Same with wife and I. Just the way it is - might as well get used to it.
We are alone too we had one of the kids planning to come but they just caught covid a couple days ago. I plan on it being a nice day.
I've learned how true my father's words were -
"My 2 favorite days, are the day the kids show up - and the day they go home!"
laugh laugh laugh
Same here only 10 years.
© 24hourcampfire