-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have a nice dinner, wine, church, and some loving!

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
40 years for us. We are expecting no one to show up. Very unusual.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by CouchPullsOut
Yuo are not alone, youv'e got each other.

This

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Have a nice meal and a nice day!

Retired cat herder.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Blanket: I find being "alone" for moderate lengths of time is good for my soul - I have the time to assess "the whole thing" and also to count my blessings.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have been thinking about your post and trying to put myself in your place. Not easy.

We have been married for more than 62 years and I cannot remember a single Christmas when we were not with some of our own, and do remember quite a few where the entire tribe (as many as 22) have been together in the same dwelling place. Absolute joy.

Then again, due to age, distances, etc. it could happen for us. I project no problem - my gal is my best buddy and I love being alone with her. We would probably arrange to be with friends, join in some worship, have some great food, hear some good music, rejoice in the significance.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Christmas morning IS quiet 2nd year

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You must have done a decent job with them, otherwise they would still be living in your basement.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
ROCK THAT HOUSE
and have some Celebratory Fun with each other.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by scottf270
Enjoy the quiet. Our unmarried early 20's kids are home. It's an invasion. Love them to death, but this ain't their home anymore. Disrupting our routine...

Dropping mine off w fam in big city. Just gonna be me and the two crazy cats next 2 days.

Maybe ill finally get some damn sleep.

IC B3

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I went to my mothers house and we spent time with about 20 people. Now I am home and alone cause my wife and son went off to New Cairo , Egypt to visit our daughter that lives there. So, for the 1st time in my life I will have an empty house when I go to bed. I dont really mind and have very little interest in Cairo Egypt cause they mostly sit around and talk.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
B
blanket Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Made a big prime rib that we will be eating on for awhile. We could have went to her brothers house yesterday but they don't obviously understand what a white out blizzard means when your 1 1/2 hours away and live in a city when you live in the country. Just kind of weird not having any family around. Girls are coming later this week for a few hours. Know we have each other as we have all those years

B
blanket Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Yep me too

B
blanket Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by saddlesore
46 years here. We don't celebrate much anymore. No gift exchange, .Wife cooks nice dinner
We don't exchange gifts anymore but the jewelry shop costs me s bunch

B
blanket Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 280shooter
You must have done a decent job with them, otherwise they would still be living in your basement.
Guess I did one daughter is the director of the MBA program for the University of iowa and the other is with Collins

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CCCC
Have been thinking about your post and trying to put myself in your place. Not easy.

We have been married for more than 62 years and I cannot remember a single Christmas when we were not with some of our own, and do remember quite a few where the entire tribe (as many as 22) have been together in the same dwelling place. Absolute joy.

Then again, due to age, distances, etc. it could happen for us. I project no problem - my gal is my best buddy and I love being alone with her. We would probably arrange to be with friends, join in some worship, have some great food, hear some good music, rejoice in the significance.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

I’m thinking that so far..for 62 years anyway, that you have been blessed beyond measure and the best part is that is NOT lost on you. 👍🏼

I have 30 some years to go before we hit our 62 year anniversary but I can definitely relate to having a wife who is also a best friend. My wife, our 2 children with our son’s girlfriend, my buddy and myself just got home from our church’s Christmas Eve candlelight service…..as I looked down the pew at everything that means anything to me I felt immense gratitude for the blessings in my life. I feel incredibly lucky to have a solid marriage that’s allowed us to raise 2 successful and amazing children. Knowing that their foundations are set deeply upon the rock of Christ brings me comfort that I can’t explain but I’m grateful for.

Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful family Paul and may God continue to bless you in the coming New Year!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
blanket Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
That is our Christmas blessings

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by scottf270
Enjoy the quiet. Our unmarried early 20's kids are home. It's an invasion. Love them to death, but this ain't their home anymore. Disrupting our routine...

Same thing here. Glued to their computers and phones nearly every waking moment.

B
blanket Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Fireball2
volunteer.
We used to do at the homeless shelter but it was a scam

A
Axl Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Same with wife and I. Just the way it is - might as well get used to it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

165 members (69sportfury, 2500HD, 160user, 01Foreman400, 300s, 2UP, 11 invisible), 1,632 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,624
Posts18,474,085
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.