Home
Posted By: kolofardos Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Finally went down the rabbit hole yesterday. Observations: great guy's soap opera, last of which I've enjoyed being Rescue Me. The Marxist undertones on land ownership annoy me, as does lefty Costner. Dodge must have paid a fortune for product placement. Coolest truck is Casey's mid 90s F250. I would so love to throw it to Beth. Will keep watching. Happy New Year everyone!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Have not seen an episode.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

The hate is strong in you
Posted By: kolofardos Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Come on man, don't fight it. There's not a single chick that looks like Tulsi. OK, there's one on the res that does, but just fast fwd.
I dont even know how to find it on my stupid TV! \

Nugget was gonna teach me how but he found a half gallon of Lord at the dump and got drunk as schit.
Posted By: skeen Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Hahaha!

Honest Injun....
Posted By: JeffA Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23

Got better things to do with my time than stare at a soap opera on TV.

From what's been posted here it don't appear you're out much.

A remake of Dallas 20 years after..

Take some nifty hats, a couple of key characters some tits and ass and ya got a audience of armchair dreamers.
Posted By: kolofardos Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by JeffA

Take some nifty hats, a couple of key characters some tits and ass and ya got a audience of armchair dreamers.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Ya'll F(_)CKING boomers are more pathetic and sex starved than the millennials... Thanks for turning the tide from Easy times to Tough times for my generation and all those behind me. I'm glad ya'll are filled up with electric joo and frozen goyslop. We'll be sure to celebrate ya'll after the vaxx checks ya'll out...
Posted By: benchman Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Me neither. I doubt that I will.
Posted By: losttrail60 Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Varmitguy is licking the TV waiting for a tiddy.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
I liked "Rescue Me" too........

Yellowstone not so much.......

I think kostner should fist jack his lips whenever he tries to stick his tongue thru is cheek.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
Ya'll F(_)CKING boomers are more pathetic and sex starved than the millennials... Thanks for turning the tide from Easy times to Tough times for my generation and all those behind me. I'm glad ya'll are filled up with electric joo and frozen goyslop. We'll be sure to celebrate ya'll after the vaxx checks ya'll out...
Now here is a well reasoned, thought provoking and cogent social commentary of our times.
Posted By: Lee_R Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23

Well said Sir!
Posted By: smokepole Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Now here is a well reasoned, thought provoking and cogent social commentary of our times.

Did you expect anything less on "the campfire?"
Posted By: efw Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23

Me either

No thanks
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Ya'll F(_)CKING boomers are more pathetic and sex starved than the millennials...

One difference is us Boomers can look back on the good times we were having when we was your age.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Kolofardos: I have enjoyed the "Yellowstone" series since it started and look forward to each episode. I mostly enjoyed the beautiful scenery of Montana and hoping to see Beth's titties again!
But this season the writing is much better and the plots have actually become way more interesting.
I have been on the ranch where much of the series is filmed but never into the "main house". It IS a cool place (near Darby, Montana in SW Montana - not close at all to the Yellowstone). and I have Hunted all around that country. So its pleasant for me to see the scenery on national TV.
I hope you continue to enjoy series.
Like so many things "hollywood" the plots are somewhat bizarre and not based much on reality but again they are now getting better - and I think worth watching.
Enjoy - and thanks for the video clip!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
P.S.: Sounds to me like jim coonrad and ballistik are vying for a "trip to the train station"!
They better watch their "P's" and "Q's".
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Ya'll F(_)CKING boomers are more pathetic and sex starved than the millennials...

One difference is us Boomers can look back on the good times we were having when we was your age.
Banging the village slut in Africa? LOL
Posted By: hosfly Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by Lee_R

Well said Sir!
Yeah Tyler perry is so much better aint it LOL
Posted By: hosfly Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
LBJ an the Carter years were a real hoot,, as Im sure FDR times were,, that $4;00 an hour were the good times LOL
Posted By: EdM Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23

Yep.
Posted By: Salmonella Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23

šŸ¤£

#clueless
Posted By: 700LH Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by skeen
Gawd I love to have those eyes looking up at me filled with passion
Posted By: Potsy Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Funny how folks that have ever seen a TV show get way more worked up over it than the folks that have.

Welcome to the ā€˜Fireā€¦ā€¦.
Originally Posted by Lee_R

Well said Sir!
Losers whining
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Did birdy ever tell you the story about how he almost got in trouble for a perceived transgression over there? (this story may or may not be true).

One day an albino baby was born to one of the village women and natuarally everyone thought the father had to be the only white man there. So the chief summoned birdy into his hut and asked WTF was going on.

Birdy of course laid out a long dissertation on genetics, albinoism, and so forth but the chief wasn't buying it. There was nothing he could say to persuade the chief that the baby wasn't his, so he tried an analogy. He called the chief to the window and pointed to the flock of sheep, and said "see there chief, they're all white but there's that one black one."

The chief got a knowing look on his face and said "OK, OK, you no tell on me, I no tell on you."
The best way to watch Yellowstone if ya havenā€™t seen it is go visit a relative and/or good friend with a TV and binge watch a whole season or two overnight. Back to back to back episodes makes it obvious how formulaic it is.

2019 I also watched a season or two of The Mayans about Mexican bikers in LA, dunno if that show is still on.

Hands down worst was 1883 this past summer, ten hours Iā€™ll never get back grin
I have a hard time with the whispered dialog that seems so popular these days.
Yep, I need to break down and get a hearing aid too.....
Posted By: JDinCO Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23

A great piece of a generation of not taking responsibility for themselves, it's the fault of someone else.
Posted By: tzone Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Yellowstone is a decent show but itā€™s running it course.

1883 is a horrible show. 3 episodes was too much.

1923 so far is good.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Sociology Professor Ballistik might be a little off the mark ....blaming an entire generation (boomers) for all the ills of the world (I never realized we boomers had that much power and influence-who knew?) when in fact the same old suspects, the ruling class from the Ivy League were the most likely culprits.
But giving the Professor credit where credit is due..."electric joo and frozen goyslop" are now etched in my brain forever, and I can hardly wait to employ his line in the first discussion of the entertainment industry work product. But I remain an unrepentant boomer fudd enjoying the Jellowstone fantasy, bigly.
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23

Just click the "Captions On" button and you can read every word the actors are whispering. grin

L.W.
Originally Posted by smokepole

I can hear a couple of mice humping at 76 yards.....but these people today won't move their mouths when speaking!

WTF is up with that?

They are all practicing to be ventriloquists but haven't bought a puppet yet.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

Just click the "Captions On" button and you can read every word the actors are whispering. grin

L.W.

That's not a bad idea.

Did birdy ever tell you the story about how he almost got in trouble for a perceived transgression over there? (this story may or may not be true).

One day an albino baby was born to one of the village women and natuarally everyone thought the father had to be the only white man there. So the chief summoned birdy into his hut and asked WTF was going on.

Birdy of course laid out a long dissertation on genetics, albinoism, and so forth but the chief wasn't buying it. There was nothing he could say to persuade the chief that the baby wasn't his, so he tried an analogy. He called the chief to the window and pointed to the flock of sheep, and said "see there chief, they're all white but there's that one black one."

The chief got a knowing look on his face and said "OK, OK, you no tell on me, I no tell on you."

grin

Ainā€™t my fault so many here try to live vicariously through me. Itā€™s like they secretly wish they were mostly broke underemployed former Peace Corps Volunteers with a failed marriage living in a needing-work house with no hot water, no A/C, sleeping on the floor in a higher-crime Mexican American neighborhood.

I mean that paragraph alone is gonna work some folks here into a tizzy. Hard to credit but there it is.

Anyhoo... if ya wanna be like me start by buying a bicycle and ride it everywhere you can šŸ™‚

I can hear a couple of mice humping at 76 yards.....

Me too. I can even tell which hole. They get it wrong sometimes ya know, horny little bastards.
Originally Posted by Leanwolf

L.W.

Thank you
Makes me feel like
Duh, figure it out stupid.
Originally Posted by tzone

1923 so far is good.

Fake news.

1923 is the worst of the series so far.

Harrison Ford is a horrible fit for that role. Horrible.
Posted By: WYcoyote Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

1923 so far is good.

Fake news.

Agreed, but I did like the African clips in 1923 however.

grin

Ainā€™t my fault so many here try to live vicariously through me. Itā€™s like they secretly wish they were mostly broke underemployed former Peace Corps Volunteers with a failed marriage living in a needing-work house with no hot water, sleeping on the floor in a higher-crime Mexican American neighborhood.

I mean that paragraph alone is gonna work some folks here into a tizzy. Hard to credit but there it is.

Anyhoo... if ya wanna be like me start by buying a bicycle and ride it everywhere you can šŸ™‚

LOL, they don't do so well in the snow.

PS, I think you're really geedubya's sock puppet.
Posted By: troublesome82 Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
I think 1923 is going to shape up, what with Julia Schlaepfer, an up and coming actress in the African bush country! I like her spunk!
Originally Posted by troublesome82
I think 1923 is going to shape up, what with Julia Schlaepfer, an up and coming actress in the African bush country! I like her spunk!

The Brit with no chin?
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

1923 so far is good.

Fake news.

Agreed, but I did like the African clips in 1923 however.

Iā€™ll give it that much.
Posted By: 79S Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23

1923 so far is good.

Fake news.

Thanks Gene Siskel.. We found the show very good so far. But Iā€™m not a Montana movie critic like you..
Posted By: troublesome82 Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23

The Brit with no chin?

Perhaps, but she still looks good in whatever she is wearing and she is pretty good at portraying a Brit , having been born in the western U.S.
LOL, they don't do so well in the snow.

PS, I think you're really geedubya's sock puppet.

Ironic, I myself live vicariously through geedubya.

Ya.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by 700LH

laugh
Originally Posted by 79S

1923 so far is good.

Fake news.

Thanks Gene Siskel.. We found the show very good so far. But Iā€™m not a Montana movie critic like you..

Lol. Just come and hate on it like the other guys. Watch some [bleep] millionaires on their knees in solidarity to pretend grievances.

Iā€™m still gonna watch. Just saying he was an awful pic for that role. He should be a barista in dc or something more apropos.

The Brit with no chin?

Perhaps, but she still looks good in whatever she is wearing and she is pretty good at portraying a Brit , having been born in the western U.S.

Wherever she is from in real life, she has no chin and is playing a Brit. Sorry if that offended you lol.
Posted By: 79S Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by 79S

1923 so far is good.

Fake news.

Lol. Just come and hate on it like the other guys. Watch some [bleep] millionaires on their knees in solidarity to pretend grievances.

Iā€™m still gonna watch. Just saying he was an awful pic for that role. He should be a barista in dc or something more apropos.

Gene calm down.. go make some knives or something gees
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23

Couldn't agree more
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
But still felt compelled to click in the thread.... Jim is Y-curious...
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by SCgman1

Couldn't agree more

What's that you say?

Wait a sec Jim, how do you know they all whisper their lines if you aint watchin?

Got me to thinking.

I donā€™t recall a village slut in any village I was in.

Prostitutes in the cities, especially tourist centers like Lome, sure, but these were young women usually sending money back home to support the family.

Villages are very gossipy places, everā€™body knows everybodyā€™s business and comments freely upon it. So I woulda known. Of course being the only White person I was closely observed and subject of talk. To the point that I used to tell them before the White man came to Africa they had nothing to talk about šŸ™‚

Occasionally a young woman would tell me she wanted a White baby and they did, such kids being considered attractive, but they were also talking long term relationship and hooking up with a rich American guy.

When we were sitting around drinking and they would start giving me a hard time Iā€™d tell ā€˜em ā€œsay all ya want, but Iā€™m still the only guy for twenty miles who can make White kidsā€ grin

I also used to assure them that all White men had two penises, baacu ni miyenu (ā€œone and twoā€), which is why we were so smart. Ya might have had to be there to get that one šŸ™‚
Posted By: ironbender Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23

Is this her?

[Linked Image from hawtcelebs.com]
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
I'd bang her.

1923 so far is good.

Fake news.

You have horrible taste in tv shows.
Posted By: lastround Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Iā€™ll be watching.
Originally Posted by 79S

1923 so far is good.

Fake news.

Tim McGraw is gayer than a bag of rubber dicks. I have a hard time watching anything with him in it without thinking about his anti 2A stance.
Posted By: RogueHunter Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
I would enjoy Beth taking a knife in the throat. This k unt takes up way to much airtime.
That's pretty sweet Mr. Kohberger
Just to put things into perspective when it comes to Soap Opera drama series.

As The World Turns ran on CBS for 54 years.
There were 13,858 episodes.

Yellerstone ain't never gonna even come close to living up to the grade that 'As The World Turns' did.

Just sayin.....

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
Maybe so, but I much preferred Days of Our Lives.
Is Costner a (free range)buffalo man?
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Is Costner a (free range)buffalo man?

Tah-TONK-uh.
I bet he is.
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Like most good actors there is not much there for a stong personality. Good at acting like someone else.

Same for Harrison Ford. He does a fine job acting like a different strong person because he does not have much for his own strength.

I guess the same is true for Tim McGraw but he ain't much of an actor.

So far 1923 is the best of the Taylor Sheridan TV stuff.

And for good reason, Days of Our Lives is #1 in longevity.
The Guiding Light is #2
General Hospital #3
As The World Turns is only #4.

Yellerstone will never come close to those goals.

It'll probably die faster than it took for J. R. Ewing to get shot.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Here......

my 93 1/2 YO MIL loves the show

If they just didn't have to use the F word she says

Told her......normal lingo for coal miners...truck drivers...construction workers & cowboys etc

I told her

Part of the English language
Posted By: ribka Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Originally Posted by 700LH

Lol. The booster makes men impotent

I doubt Beth is into cross dressers afraid of a cold virus lol
This

Beth would prob always wanna be on top

Just seems like that kinda girl
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Once in a while - the captions are even in time with the dialogue (more or less).
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Here......

Told her......normal lingo for coal miners...truck drivers...construction workers & cowboys etc

I told her

I will admit to watching a few minutes of various scenes and they use the F word way more than needed/normal.

Way overboard.

I have been around some actual construction workers and a few ranchers and the language is colorful but not dominated by junior high style F-bombs every other word.

EASY pass.
Here......

I told her

I will admit to watching a few minutes of various scenes and they use the F word way more than needed/normal.

Way overboard.

I have been around some actual construction workers and a few ranchers and the language is colorful but not dominated by junior high style F-bombs every other word.

EASY pass.

I spent 10 tears in Union under ground coal mining

Normal conversation
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Yellowstone - 01/01/23
Here......

I told her

Way overboard.

EASY pass.
šŸ‘šŸæ
Posted By: Nestucca Re: Yellowstone - 01/02/23
Originally Posted by RogueHunter
I would enjoy Beth taking a knife in the throat. This k unt takes up way to much airtime.
šŸ‘ Do not forget the wagon burner I can laugh at the psychic bitch at times but canā€™t stand the perpetual victim
Yes like a spy thriller movie and they flipping whisper half the freaking show. Us deaf guys have the volume up anyway.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Yellowstone - 01/02/23
Originally Posted by Nestucca
Yes like a spy thriller movie and they flipping whisper half the freaking show. Us deaf guys have the volume up anyway.

Nopeā€¦.I have the closed caption enabled and I can ā€œhear it allā€, whispering, funny accentsā€¦.itā€™s all ā€œhearableā€ with closed captioning. šŸ˜€
Posted By: shrapnel Re: Yellowstone - 01/02/23
1923 has tried to make up for the poor 1883. Most of those hard assed Duttons would have been ded under all the circumstances they were exposed to.

They ruin any good potential for a story of survival with the likes of all the women they cast to make it some poorly constructed love story.

When they cast a tough Dutton out on the plains of Africa, they need to find someone with the body they want to show without a shirt, that can actually handle a rifle like a real hunter.

When you check out the real settlers of the west, Granville Stuart and Nelson Story, the women in their lives were back at the homestead making bread and washing clothesā€¦
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Yellowstone - 01/02/23
Here......

I told her

Way overboard.

EASY pass.

Totally agree!
Smart thinking Aces but pride has a cost. šŸ˜‰
Posted By: tzone Re: Yellowstone - 01/02/23
Originally Posted by RogueHunter

Yep
Posted By: smokepole Re: Yellowstone - 01/02/23

The Guiding Light is #2
General Hospital #3

Dude, you are a veritable cornucopia of useful Information!
Posted By: jay Re: Yellowstone - 01/02/23
Here......

I told her

Way overboard.

EASY pass.

Totally agree Sam, inordinate amount of F B's. To the point I don't want to watch it.
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Yellowstone - 01/02/23
First time I ever heard grown men use f bombs was as a teen working a ranch in MT listening to the manager and hands talking 30 years ago lol.
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: Yellowstone - 01/02/23
Yellowstone is extremely exagerated, all for the sake of entertainment.

I hope the finale has them all arrested and charged with all they have done. Or just kill each other off in a big shootout. Maybe have Liz Cheney can make a guest appearance. That would be entertainment.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Yellowstone - 01/02/23

The Guiding Light is #2
General Hospital #3

Dude, you are a veritable cornucopia of useful Information!

Like I said, just tryin' to put it into perspective.

We gotta bunch of grown men here sitting on their asses watching soap box drama TV shows.

That's sumtin my mother did when I was a child.

I suppose it might be a notch better than the not really reality TV shows, but I don't really know.

Whatever sells ad's and I'm guessing advertising time on Yellerstone goes for a premium.
Posted By: rost495 Re: Yellowstone - 01/03/23

Our friends talked us into ordering the DVDs. We got em. Then last weekend they said you will love it, its like a remake of Dallas.

Ugh. I HATED Dallas and now I'm thinking waste of money most likely. Soap opera they said. Ugh, I hate those and all the attached drama etc...

Guess we will see but we are waiting on 1883 dvd to show up first. Figured it might make more sense to watch chronological order. Possibly. I suspect we won't get close to 1923 but time will tell I suppose.

If not there are plenty of documentaries on Prime and You Tube we have yet to see. Really interesting stuff we find there.
© 24hourcampfire