Home
Posted By: CashisKing Those durn Virginians - 01/12/23
https://nypost.com/2021/04/23/kiers...ege-soccer-team-after-refusing-to-kneel/

https://nypost.com/2023/01/08/kiers...-player-who-refused-blm-kneel-gets-100k/

Ex-Virginia Tech soccer player who refused BLM kneel gets $100K in settlement

A former Virginia Tech soccer player who accused her coach of benching her when she refused to kneel during a pregame social-justice demonstration will get $100,000 under a lawsuit settlement, a new report says.

Kiersten Hening is receiving the money after agreeing to dismiss the federal lawsuit she filed in 2021 against head coach Charles “Chugger” Adair on First Amendment grounds, the Roanoke Times reported.

The settlement includes no admission of wrongdoing by either Hening or her former coach, said her lawyer, Cameron Norris, to the outlet.

Hening claimed she was benched after Adair became frustrated by her political views, which often differed from those of her teammates.

Hening had specifically refused to kneel during a social-justice demonstration in support of the Black Lives Matter movement in 2020.
Posted By: m1rifleman Re: Those durn Virginians - 01/12/23
I'd watch soccer just to see her..... its a start.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Those durn Virginians - 01/12/23
Politics ruined professional sports, and now school sports are going the same way.

The Olympics have been tainted as long as I’ve been alive (!), probably forever.

Outraged alumni might get a handle on the college craziness if they start withholding their money.
While Virginia isn't a paradise, it's home. And seeing stuff like this, plus our last election, makes me hopeful that we can keep turning the state around. You'd never see this outcome in a state such as.....hmmmmm..... Oregon..
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Those durn Virginians - 01/12/23
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
While Virginia isn't a paradise, it's home. And seeing stuff like this, plus our last election, makes me hopeful that we can keep turning the state around. You'd never see this outcome in a state such as.....hmmmmm..... Oregon..
Virginia is just too close to the flagpole. I'm glad I'm out here and you are there. Too bad about Oregon. Them California hippies can sure screw up a nice place.

kwg
They should leave that crap out of school sports. Any coach promoting that crap needs to be terminated. The country is polarized on politics so half believe one way and the other half the opposite. Knowing that you are putting those young folks in a bad situation.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Those durn Virginians - 01/12/23
Tax payers foot the bill again.
Posted By: 673 Re: Those durn Virginians - 01/12/23
Good for her.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Those durn Virginians - 01/12/23
NEVER permit anyone to FORCE you to bow, kneel or submit to their authority.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Those durn Virginians - 01/12/23
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
They should leave that crap out of school sports. Any coach promoting that crap needs to be terminated. The country is polarized on politics so half believe one way and the other half the opposite. Knowing that you are putting those young folks in a bad situation.

The Left is apparently incapable of separating politics from anything. Might be why they’re slowly winning.
Politics is their religion, the focus of their faith.
Posted By: 673 Re: Those durn Virginians - 01/12/23
Originally Posted by CashisKing
NEVER permit anyone to FORCE you to bow, kneel or submit to their authority.
My man^^^^
That would explain why I would start chuckling when any of my bosses started yelling at me...priceless.
Posted By: deltakid Re: Those durn Virginians - 01/12/23
As a rhetorical question, why was the decision for the state to pay? Why is the coach not required to pay the award?? It was his f**king decision.
Posted By: Pharmseller Re: Those durn Virginians - 01/12/23
I hate it when you guys single out Oregon, but you’re not wrong.

P
© 24hourcampfire