Home
Posted By: 160user Sportsman's Supply Sucks Balls - 01/13/23
I just need to rant for a bit. I "won" an auction on Gunbroker for a case of 16 gauge Pheasant loads from Sportsman Supply. I paid by credit card within the hour and my card was charged. This was on 1/5. I heard nothing from them about tracking so I emailed on 1/11 and was told "We are Sorry we are behind on shipping they are working on ammo today, so you should receive tracking with in 48 hrs". Ok, I am not extremely happy with that but I don't need it until this Fall anyway. Today is 48 hours later so I signed into GB to check the order status and it just shows "CANCELED". No explanation, just canceled. WTH is up with that? Has anyone else had this happen before?
Sounds like the folks who run Bass Pro and Cabela's online sales have take over Sportsman Supply laugh
Were they paper hulls?? Ya know those are getting hard to come buy.

The smell of a paper shell, just brings back so many memories.
Sounds like you got a deal so good they didn't like it.
Haven’t bought there in a long time.
Why not give them a call?
Originally Posted by 160user
I just need to rant for a bit. I "won" an auction on Gunbroker for a case of 16 gauge Pheasant loads from Sportsman Supply. I paid by credit card within the hour and my card was charged. This was on 1/5. I heard nothing from them about tracking so I emailed on 1/11 and was told "We are Sorry we are behind on shipping they are working on ammo today, so you should receive tracking with in 48 hrs". Ok, I am not extremely happy with that but I don't need it until this Fall anyway. Today is 48 hours later so I signed into GB to check the order status and it just shows "CANCELED". No explanation, just canceled. WTH is up with that? Has anyone else had this happen before?

Did your credit card company cancel it, maybe?
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Nope, Sportsman supply did. These were heavy 16 gauge loads.................and they only brought $40 case (plus $35 shipping). They lost their azz on them is why I am guessing they "canceled" the order. I emailed them again and they did not respond.
No response to any emails anymore either.
Why not call them?
What is the auction number?
Show up in person to take delivery- - - - -it's hard to hang up on somebody who'd looking at you from across a shipping department counter.
That's a bummer.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Show up in person to take delivery- - - - -it's hard to hang up on somebody who'd looking at you from across a shipping department counter.

They are on the East Coast.
I am going to rip them a new one on Yelp. smile
White peoples problems 🤣
Also leave a nice review on GB!
Happened to me as well on stuff I got too cheap
I live right near them. Actually used to work part time when the founder still ran it. His D-Bag son took it over, nearly ran it out of business, then jumped on the Gunbroker Train. Has since been sold again, supposedly to a young man who must have some deep pocket backers. They won't even allow local pick up any more (think this was to prevent us locals who go similar "too good" deals from continuing. Used to be a great LGS, but most of their counter help is arrogant old fuds, or young girls who simply don't know. I'm still buddies with one counter guy, but even he seems to have drank the Kool-aid.

I could tell you hundreds or stories, but I think if more people would know their business practices and ethics, they would be forced to either start acting right, or [bleep] their doors. Neither would bother me.
Originally Posted by Jr1000yarder

I finally got an email back at quiting time today that they were "out of stock". I replied back with a link to the SAME PRODUCT that was just listed today. Total BS and you are right, I stole the stuff fair and square on a public auction. I don't believe they will appreciate the feedback I left them on GB.
Originally Posted by Houston_2

Nope, Sportsman supply did. These were heavy 16 gauge loads.................and they only brought $40 case (plus $35 shipping). They lost their azz on them is why I am guessing they "canceled" the order. I emailed them again and they did not respond.

They will be up for bid again soon.
Originally Posted by Jr1000yarder

I finally got an email back at quiting time today that they were "out of stock". I replied back with a link to the SAME PRODUCT that was just listed today. Total BS and you are right, I stole the stuff fair and square on a public auction. I don't believe they will appreciate the feedback I left them on GB.

Saw this after my previous post. Surprise surprise.
https://www.bbb.org/us/pa/butler/pr...supply-co-0141-36000267/customer-reviews
Seems this is a deal across State lines and therefor might fall into the wire fraud definition......................if you have good documentation.

Maybe a letter from an attorney stating such might get that case shipped to you to shut you up?

Thank you!
Maybe a little discussion with the folks at GB would force a change. Assholes who back out of an auction shouldn't be allowed to have a presence on an auction site.
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Maybe a little discussion with the folks at GB would force a change. Assholes who back out of an auction shouldn't be allowed to have a presence on an auction site.

Agree, that should be done right away while the new add is up and the emails saying they are out of stock is current. Makes a good case to not allow them as a seller.
Originally Posted by Oakster
Originally Posted by RiverRider

Agree, that should be done right away while the new add is up and the emails saying they are out of stock is current. Makes a good case to not allow them as a seller.

I was trying to figure out how to "report" this to GB but I can't figure out how. In all honesty, I STOLE the ammo and I understand that they lost their azz on the deal.........however, with no minimum I was still the high bidder. Whatever, another 6 whiskeys and I won't care. It just pizzes me off that by the time the refund is "cleared" back into my bank account they will have had my money interest free for 14 days or so.
GB doesn't give a schidt that they stiffed you.
Posted By: jar Re: Sportsman's Supply Sucks Balls - 01/14/23
Ihad this happen last fall , same deal. At the bottom of the home page on Gunbroker there is a contact us tab. or in your mygunbroker in purchased items ( I think ) there is a tab to report . good luck I raised a cane for three weeks about my situation Gunbroker sid they must be outa stock even tho I showed the nrw listing. was told to go bid on it ! HUH no thank you !
So this is common?
So this is common?

It's not uncommon.
https://www.butlereagle.com/2023030...eads-guilty-to-federal-firearms-charges/
Posted By: jar Re: Sportsman's Supply Sucks Balls - 03/01/23
I had the same issue with them last fall . I was told when I got someone to answer the phone that they were sold out and just cancled the order . I told him that I thought he was lying because of the price I got them for . low and behold the very next week they had more and were up for auction ! I call B.S. dont bid on their crap no more .
Well....
That explains alot...

For the OP.
midsouth has 16 ga loads in stock.

Think I seen a 16 ga 1 1/8th Oz load today IIRC

I kinda surf the site daily...
Yeah, sounds like a nice fella to do business with.
© 24hourcampfire