Home
Posted By: AcesNeights Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
I was puttering around tonight and found a few G.Loomis, Lamiglass and a Berkeley IM7 fishing rods that I didn’t remember I had. I have a couple duplicates and several options for the types of fishing I do but I have not been fishing much…..that will be remedied this year! 😀 They’d fallen and were laying comfortably behind a cedar chest. I have a lot of fishing gear so I didn’t realize they were missing but 4 of them are favorites for different fisheries. I found a few old scales too..a Chatilon’s with a 1892 patent date.

I also found a small sample of a larger cartridge that I have accumulated over the years.

A little diversion from the winter doldrums and squabbles….a few random pictures of stuff. Feel free to add to it….

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
I am still looking for any primers I may have misplaced!!

Those gold scales, I may have a set that looks very similar.
Posted By: 270jrk Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
Cool Aces!

Not sure if this fits your theme or not, but the past few weekends, out in the hills, I found .30 Govt. casing from the 1930s and a Bennett primed 50/70 casing from 1866-1868.
Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
Originally Posted by 270jrk
Cool Aces!

Not sure if this fits your theme or not, but the past few weekends, out in the hills, I found .30 Govt. casing from the 1930s and a Bennett primed 50/70 casing from 1866-1868.
👍🏿
Posted By: High_Noon Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
Very nice find!
Posted By: Timbermaster Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
A 120 yr old frontier dog house in the forest, food bowl still in front.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
Originally Posted by 270jrk
Cool Aces!

That’s exactly my theme. 👍🏼 I like hearing about the things that are found….anywhere.

I know fireballz found an old mining or logging camp buried in the rainforest. All that stuff is cool
Posted By: Seafire Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
Originally Posted by Timbermaster

[Linked Image]

thats actually sorta cool.... I like it!

Reminds me of Schtick's place up in Alaska...
hear he eats out of a bowl just like that one also...
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I was puttering around tonight and found a few G.Loomis, Lamiglass and a Berkeley IM7 fishing rods that I didn’t remember I had. I have a couple duplicates and several options for the types of fishing I do but I have not been fishing much…..that will be remedied this year! 😀 They’d fallen and were laying comfortably behind a cedar chest. I have a lot of fishing gear so I didn’t realize they were missing but 4 of them are favorites for different fisheries. I found a few old scales too..a Chatilon’s with a 1892 patent date.

I also found a small sample of a larger cartridge that I have accumulated over the years.

A little diversion from the winter doldrums and squabbles….a few random pictures of stuff. Feel free to add to it….

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I like old booolets! But, I'm old and used some of those along the way.

Loved the photos!!
cool cool
Posted By: poboy Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
We moved some old furniture and in the bottom of a drawer found
some stuff I must have bought at a gun show. A box of 9mm
Black Talons and a 25round mag for my Browning Hi-Power. I guess
I went to a show and just had to buy something and immediately forgot.
Alcohol was probably involved.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: hanco Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
I was going through old scope boxes, found a 3.5x10 Leupold VX-3 scope. I have no idea where it came from. I put it on a 99 I picked up yesterday.
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
I found $20.00 in the pocket of my snowmobile jacket one time.

I would much rather find a half dozen $400 + fishing rods though. smile
Posted By: Rooster7 Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23

[Linked Image]

That is really cool.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
Neat stuff.
Several years ago I was rabbit hunting with my brothers and a guy that had a pack of beagles. While waiting for a rabbit to circle back I was standing in a harvested soy bean field and looked down and found an old shotgun shell base. All the paper was long gone except for that inside the base. At was from an old Peters shotgun shell that had a small primer surrounded by an octagon, I believe. I found it on a web sit a few years ago and it dated to about 1920.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I have that Berkeley rod in a 6'10" model. It was a favorite until the tip got accidentally shortened.
Posted By: AZmark Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
I found both of these in the 70's.

The forged tool found at an old mine near Prescott AZ. Have no clue what it was but must have been important with the loop on one end for hanging. The loop is about 1 -1/2" diameter.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The knife found on a dirt road by Seligman AZ. The handle was broken off from being run over and my brother made the black epoxy handle for it. Marked "A. Wingen"

Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/08/23
I like Loomis rods; I have several fly rods & 2-3 spinning rods as well.

I don't know how their current stuff is but the GLX , IMX & GL4 rods that I have, have been great rods to fish with, mostly steelhead & salmon.

MM
Posted By: lightman Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/09/23
In the woods, I found an old still once. Another time I found an old cast iron stove with nothing around it but woods. Figure the structure burned long ago. When we moved last Spring I found quite a bit of new brass and some bullets that I didn't remember buying. 44 Magnum, 44-40, 22 Hornet, an ammo can of LC 7.62 Match Ammo.
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/09/23
Found a screw on hubcap off a 1910's-20's Chevrolet in a creek bottom that was inaccessible by vehicle! I thought!
You could tell the hubcap had been removed with hammer and chisel.
Posted By: IZH27 Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/09/23
Originally Posted by AZmark
I found both of these in the 70's.

The forged tool found at an old mine near Prescott AZ. Have no clue what it was but must have been important with the loop on one end for hanging. The loop is about 1 -1/2" diameter.

The knife found on a dirt road by Seligman AZ. The handle was broken off from being run over and my brother made the black epoxy handle for it. Marked "A. Wingen"

The forged tool looks pretty neat. Is it about the size that it could be used for lifting a hot lid off of a Dutch oven?
Posted By: rost495 Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/09/23
Originally Posted by Rooster7

[Linked Image]

That is really cool.
Use of the word doghouse is misleading a bit. Thats a trappers cabin if I've ever saw one. Small. Compact enough to hold heat. Low door to help. Big enough for one person basically. Line cabins some called em too. at least IMHO from the cabins I've seen
Posted By: Osky Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/09/23
A commercial Rentor moved out of a building of mine, owing of course, and when cleaned out I found a brand new never used Waterloo professional mechanics tool chest, top and bottom in boxes plus a wooden top for the lower chest if the two pieces are separated.

It’s now in the home shop pretty well full of fishing lures and gear. Does this count kind of?

Osky
Posted By: Muffin Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/09/23
moved into the current house, had a little storage space over the garage.

I was up there putting a little more 'flooring' down, generally cleaning it up, and starting to move some things up and out of the way.....

Saw a plastic bag under some boards, pulled it out - Photo Album??? In two walmart plastic bags, under the 'flooring'......

Well.............

The previous homeowners were fond of each other............ VERY fond of each other.

She - very, um, UNabashed. He - likewise, and possible jewish!!!!

smile
Posted By: MartinStrummer Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/09/23
Found an acrylic award with a 1923 silver dollar embedded in it. Hit it with a hammer and the dollar popped right out.

Found a 1988 "Discus" Olympic silver dollar. BU

Found a .999 Fine Broadmoor/Penrose 1 oz silver coin

Still have all three.
Posted By: Osky Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/09/23
Just thinking. A lake place I bought back in 88 I cleaned out the attic and a brand new Stetson in the box, way beyond a ten x, wasn’t my size so I gave it away, and a bamboo fly rod in an aluminum tube Case with screw on cap. That I still have around here somewhere.

Osky
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/09/23
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I found $20.00 in the pocket of my snowmobile jacket one time.

I would much rather find a half dozen $400 + fishing rods though. smile

This. Freaking Loomis. Must be nice.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Stuff you find…. - 02/09/23
It seems like I lose more than I find.
© 24hourcampfire