Home
Those libs love those coyotes until their cats start disappearing....
Amazing
Looks like he has some pit bull in him. Wonder when that will manifest itself with an adopter's kids? Maybe using some new tricks his coyote buddies taught him. shocked

L.W.
I shot a German Shepard that was running with coyotes. They were after sheep.
Noooo not the scrotum
It would get shot out here pretty darn quick.
The first thing them women want to do to him after being ‘rescued’ is cut his balls off. Typical.
Originally Posted by Alaskajim
The first thing them women want to do to him after being ‘rescued’ is cut his balls off. Typical.
What I thought I got from the video was that he had a badly injured scrotum from various fights he'd apparently been involved in while in the pack, and the area was infected. Truth be told, though, it's standard practice to spay and neuter dogs that are going to be going up for adoption, so removing the scrotal tissue along with the contents is no huge deal for the dog.
We have dogs running with coyotes all the time. We had one great big black dog that was Alpha. Saw him for four or five years in a row.
There's a part of me rooting for Ghost, doing what his primal instincts are pushing him to do what he loves. Dog gonna be a dog. I'd shoot him if I saw him in the bush, but still....
Great post LMAO
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Truth be told, though, it's standard practice to spay and neuter dogs that are going to be going up for adoption, so removing the scrotal tissue along with the contents is no huge deal for the dog.
Easy for you to say! laugh
Ain't that just swell of them...... Hopefully he won't get triggered and attack it's new owner.....
I always thought that coyotes would kill every dog they could catch....
Originally Posted by slumlord
Noooo not the scrotum

Hope he doesn't end up like Harvey Weinstein.
Coyotes love to kill and eat dogs. Interesting that they took this puppy in as a member of the tribe.
That just proves it, that coyotes ain't racist.
Years ago I used to do bird surveys for the government on Joint Base Camp Bullis just north of town. This was before 9/11 and the base boundary fencing was pretty lax. Lots of spaces underneath over uneven ground, free access/egress for wildlife.

Immediately adjacent on the boundary fence was The Dominion, a way-upscale gated community where George Straight, our Basketball stars and other wealthy folk lived.

I was doing a survey about 50 yards from the fence across from The Dominion when a well-bred show-quality looking golden cocker spaniel obviously nursing puppies ran up to me greeting me profusely. Seems like she wanted me to follow her so I did and she led me to a burrow not far off.

At the mouth of the burrow sat a coyote-looking puppy which ran back inside when I got there. My transportation that day was a KLR motorcycle and I had no means of transporting the dog or digging up the puppies. The dog followed me for quite a ways when I left.

I told Bullis Control about it but they weren’t interested, nor was that area an active training area.

That dog was in good condition, only thing I can think is that it was being fed in someone’s back yard in The Dominion and had paired up with a coyote.
Originally Posted by Jericho
I always thought that coyotes would kill every dog they could catch....
That's why I found the story surprising.
We had a black mongrel lab looking dog here on the ranch that lived with a single ranch hand and ran with the Coyotes, as a result we had some black Coy-Dogs, I killed 2 of that had a young doe cornered on the fence line, I wouldn't be surprised if some very light colored Coyotes show up in that area. Rio7
The Real Hawkeye;
Good afternoon or I see it's evening already down in Florida, I hope the day was a good one for you and you're well.

Thanks for the link, as mentioned by others it's not super unusual that dogs will run with coyotes, but most don't return to living with humans for a number of reasons.

Please forgive me, but that reminds me of a story so...

In BC it's unlawful for a dog to be running without supervision up in the mountains, but unless one is a rancher with livestock, it's technically unlawful for anyone other than a CO to put down said roving Rover.

At one time in the very ancient past, we had a CO auxiliary program where a few of us would volunteer to both show the CO's our part of the mountain road systems and just be another body along for stops.

Training day was just the CO telling us what we'd be doing riding along and that we were agreeing to take time off work to testify in court if need be.

There was one really enthusiastic fellow there who was "thick as a brick" as we used to say - uncharitable as it may have been, it was an accurate assessment.

After the initial discussion, the CO asks if there's any questions and Mr. Thickbrick says, "So if I see a dog chasing deer up in the mountains and I shoot it and then I call you..."

The CO puts up his hand to stop Mr. Thickbrick and says, "Here in BC only a sworn CO can lawfully dispatch free roaming dogs, therefore when you call me and tell me you've committed an offense, I have to act".

Mr. Thickbrick tries again with "Yah but if I see that dog chasing a deer and I shoot it and then I call you..."

Again the hand of the CO comes up and this time he says, "Why are you calling me? Shoot the dog and shut up about it - but don't call me!" laugh

The room broke up for quite awhile as you'd expect.

That CO was a real gentleman and I enjoyed the few times I spent with him up in the mountains behind the house.

Best to you tonight Hawkeye.

Dwayne
© 24hourcampfire