Home
Posted By: b_li_ber_tar_ian John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Just that
Posted By: humdinger Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Look at the controls operation and decide what you like.
Then look at future engine emissions items that will be expensive to repair.

Kubota
Posted By: LJBass Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
The best advice is always, which brand has the best local dealer. All the major brands have nice tractors.
Posted By: Hastings Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Either. You have it down to the best two options. Stay away from New Holland.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Used JD's are more $$$ than new Kubota.

Just sayin'....
Or are we talking garden tractors?

In that case orange paint is fine.
A t shirt?

Construction equipment?

Tractors?

Hoodie?

Socks?

WTF
Posted By: hitman Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Both Good.
I go with Deere mostly because of good support system close by.Running three around the farm now from 50 hp to 135hp.
Posted By: devnull Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
I was told that under 100 HP, Kubota. Over 100 HP, John Deere.

It really comes down to dealer support. I like my 70HP Kubota. The dealer, not so much.
Posted By: Barney_Fife Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
I have a 28 year old L2500DT Kubota. Not sure how the newer stuff compares, but I'm still able to buy OEM parts for decent prices to repair & maintain stuff.
Wha'cha gonna use it for.
I've got a JD 1200 E (1025 R) series that I use mostly around my small acreage. Small brush hog, tiller and a bucket (front loader?).
For something like that, be sure you get "shuttle drive". If you want to do some big time plowing, you don't want shuttle drive.

šŸ˜– that little tractor is a JD 1025 R! Duh!

P.S. - I don't look at the model number when I'm running the machine! LOL!
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Kubota for me.

For what i want to do with it i have no problems but with JD tractors they have seemed to screw up a simple vehicle.

One never knows when it will shut off or even run when you need it.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Originally Posted by devnull
I was told that under 100 HP, Kubota. Over 100 HP, John Deere.

It really comes down to dealer support. I like my 70HP Kubota. The dealer, not so much.
Support is key.

Find the best dealer, buy what heā€™s selling.

Ask around, see what most who are doing what youā€™re doing are buying.

DF
Posted By: ihookem Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
I have a 21 horse Kubota for 17 yrs and one hose leak and the front end loader is leaking oil. . Still have the same belts on the mower and engine,, but they are getting bad. It all depends on the price. There is no difference in quality and both are made in Japan if you buy a 40 horse or smaller. Both are very good,,, and expensive.
Posted By: funshooter Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
I went in to talk to our Local john Deer Dealer and they treated me like a piece of Trash that they wanted out of their building.

I Talked to 100s of Operators over years of doing homework on when i was going to purchase a Tractor.

Everyone of them told me John Deer.
Then they would ask me what I wanted to do with my tractor.
And everyone of them like it was scripted told me to purchase a Kubota.
When i started seriously looking I went to my Local Kubota Dealer and they welcomed me in with open arms and asked what I was going to do with my tractor.

Then they asked me if I had any conditions or concerns that needed to be addressed.
I told them that I had a weight concern.
I wanted to be able to trailer my tractor and wanted to hold the weight to around 8500#s because that was a very safe Weight for me to transport the tractor on my trailer.

The Dealer Guided me over to an L4700 and the MX 4800 . They had both on the Lot.
We talked in depth about both models .
I chose the MX4800 and put it on order.

3 weeks later i called to change the order to the MX5800 and they made it happen.

Dealer Attitude and Support in my opinion should be #1 on your list.
Find a Dealer that you can connect with.
You are not just Purchasing a Tractor. You are also purchasing a support Group that will help with your Tractor.

There are so many choices when it comes to Tractors that with any of the Manufactures building Tractors out there.
You should be able to fit one that fits your needs.

Since I purchased my MX5800 I have talked to many Tractor Owners and have had several check mine out.
And I am very Very Happy with my Decision to go with Kubota and the Dealer that I did.

The Fact that Kubota Builds most of their stuff in Japan and the USA to me meant more that having it built China Korea , India or the Philippines.
There are No small tractors built entirely in the USA.

Everything Attachments make some awesome Attachments as well. Check them out.

Good luck with what you choose.
Posted By: KirkJ Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
John deere. Iā€™d buy a used JD before new anything else. Iā€™ve had very good luck. I have 2 utility tractors and 2 mowers
Posted By: DLSguide Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
New or used Kubota. Best motor in my opinion.
Posted By: ldholton Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
didn't read through all the replies but I can tell you this green tractors from Waterloo Iowa are top notch. green tractors from Germany and England aren't all that bad either. otherwise you're into foreign stuff that it's crap shoot. so you need to look at your model numbers you're actually interested in and not by brand and do some research from there..
Posted By: ldholton Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Originally Posted by DLSguide
New or used Kubota. Best motor in my opinion.
damn dude you come on this website to learn how to shoot didn't you lol.. I'll send you a PM but it says you're over your limit so maybe that means you're still too new to know how to talk to people. lmao
Originally Posted by Barney_Fife
I have a 28 year old L2500DT Kubota. Not sure how the newer stuff compares, but I'm still able to buy OEM parts for decent prices to repair & maintain stuff.

That's good to hear. I chose orange, as there's no nearby green dealer. There's a Kubota dealer with two locations each about 15-20 minutes away from me. At the time, I figured 25 hp would be just fine, as a balance between hp and traction. Now I'm kinda thinking a few more ponies would be nice, even though I enjoy the fuel usage of the smaller engine. L2501 baby.
Originally Posted by SamOlson

You ever run hard into an issue where right to repair just falls completely flat? Or are your JD implements old enough that it doesn't take a JD tech with a code reader/writer and $$$ to bring something back online?

Not an accusation, just a question. From what I gather, modern JD is front and center of the whole bend you over and pluke you Ag implement no end user repairs situation. Very much like Apple.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
In the 80-150hp range. Kubota. I don't deal with the big stuff or the smaller stuff. Used to be Deere or Massy. Kubota dealer has amazing service around here and the tractors hold up.
Posted By: Nestucca Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Kubota for me.

For what i want to do with it i have no problems but with JD tractors they have seemed to screw up a simple vehicle.

One never knows when it will shut off or even run when you need it.
The farm Iā€™m helping on has both and the all day everyday gets used the most tractors are kubotas.
Had a BX2380 with MMM, FEL, 50" tiller and box blade. Bought new 3 years ago, sold it the other day for what I paid then. It was fine mowing and moving loose dirt/gravel but it didn't like any ground engaging [bleep] like tilling or using the teeth on that scraper. Either buying a B series or L. That green paint is too expensive
Posted By: 1minute Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Lost our local JD dealer/service center, but still have a Kubota presence.
Originally Posted by b_li_ber_tar_ian
Had a BX2380 with MMM, FEL, 50" tiller and box blade. Bought new 3 years ago, sold it the other day for what I paid then. It was fine mowing and moving loose dirt/gravel but it didn't like any ground engaging [bleep] like tilling or using the teeth on that scraper. Either buying a B series or L. That green paint is too expensive

You feel like you ran out of HP or traction? Also, can you enlighten me to your TLAs? MMM? FEL?
Posted By: RAS Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
My experience is with a little big green. 1025R with endloader and backhoe. Everything points to a great machine so far. My really good friend has a similar Kubota with the same results. I think both are great machines but I went green.

Itā€™s unbelievable what they are asking for machines now.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

That's good to hear. I chose orange, as there's no nearby green dealer. There's a Kubota dealer with two locations each about 15-20 minutes away from me. At the time, I figured 25 hp would be just fine, as a balance between hp and traction. Now I'm kinda thinking a few more ponies would be nice, even though I enjoy the fuel usage of the smaller engine. L2501 baby.

Both my brothers have a 25hp tractor. Both are about 2 years into new tractors. One is Green the other is Orange.

I can't say that I'm really impressed by either. To get into what I consider a working tractor, they'd have to jump to at least 40hp or so.

I guess both do what I'd expect a 25hp tractor to do. I will say that I was disappointed in seeing the Kubota last weekend, and the way they fit a 5 foot Bushog on it. Didn't look like something I'd want to run for very long.
Posted By: Teal Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Used JD's are more $$$ than new Kubota.

Just sayin'....

That's cuz they got all them new repair parts in em (grin)
To be honest I was just messing around.

Zero experience with an orange machine.
Posted By: BCBH Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
I would go Kubota just because of what JD was trying to pull a few years back with try to not let farmers repair their own equipment because of propriety BS.

My uncle has one. Uses it to spray trees and cut around them in the field. It's not a big model but not small. Diesel IIRC. Thing's been a workhorse. Even female driven - nothing stops it. ZERO issues in the 20+ years he's had it.

He just bought a new red tractor - likes it much for bigger work.

You ever run hard into an issue where right to repair just falls completely flat? Or are your JD implements old enough that it doesn't take a JD tech with a code reader/writer and $$$ to bring something back online?

Not an accusation, just a question. From what I gather, modern JD is front and center of the whole bend you over and pluke you Ag implement no end user repairs situation. Very much like Apple.

Our newest JD is a 2010?

Last year without the DEF engines.

If we have trouble beyond our repair level we have JD work on them.
Posted By: NoPa Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
I have owned many Kubota tractors from 23 to 70HP, both hydrostatic and gear, with few issues with any of them. All have been robust and hold their value well and would recommend over the Deere if those are the only two you would consider.

I was in the market for a new cab tractor which my wife would be comfortable in and but had a hard time justifying the price of the Kubota (L5460HSTC) I was interested in which was north of $65000.00. I eventually purchased a TYM574HC for about $38000.00. This tractor is similarly (actually better) outfitted to the Kubota and I have been very happy with it, albeit with limited hours to date. Rural King sells a clone. They are made in Korea.

Note that the Deere front end loader quick attach use their own connection type whereas most other manufacturers (including Kubota) use the skid steer type. The skid steer FEL attachments are much easier to find and generally much less expensive.

If you buy a tractor with a front end loader you should definitely consider purchasing the third function option which makes the tractor useful for so many additional tasks.
Posted By: hanco Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Have a bota, 20 years old, done nothing but change fluids.
Originally Posted by Teal

My uncle has one. Uses it to spray trees and cut around them in the field. It's not a big model but not small. Diesel IIRC. Thing's been a workhorse. Even female driven - nothing stops it. ZERO issues in the 20+ years he's had it.

100hp?

I have one of those. It's been pretty solid. Had one bug I had to work through, but it's been good since.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: hosfly Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
We have a spread of JD 9620's and 9630's 8-9 of em,, all scraper specials, constant ele problems,ans DEF issues,the AC's are constantly being replaced, the on board computers are trash built light,and built to fail,, Except for the 9630's all still under warrenty,,To the point the local dealer keeps a mechanic purposed for us, we have several dozers,750 850 and 950's, several excav,250,350,470 and 850's,, all this to say we are trading in JD for 580 case steigers to pull our 21yd pans,, we bought 6 last yr and boss says ordered 5 more,, JD tractors if used every day all are pathetic,,
For those who may not be aware - JD's come around on the whole "Right to Repair" bit - some.

Right to Repair
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

100hp?

I have one of those. It's been pretty solid. Had one bug I had to work through, but it's been good since.

Yeah - he bought this one because the JD blew up (I don't know/remember the model) and that JD was only bough used/abused a few years back to replace the Ford that finally gave up the ghost. THAT was a great tractor. Wish I could remember the size but it wasn't a 8-N lol. Large one from the 60's.
Posted By: CBB Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Bought an orange tractor last year. 40hp with loader. Works great.

Couple of my buds have orange also zero issues
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
I have 3 JD tractors, and one 100hp Kubota tractor. I'm trying to buy a new 141hp Kubota tractor. The he'll with JD, service sucks if your a little operation. Kubota is the best hay tractor going as far as I'm concerned.
Always buy a larger tractor than what you think you need.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
For those who may not be aware - JD's come around on the whole "Right to Repair" bit - some.

Right to Repair
I am not talking here about hobby tractors, I am talking about industrial ag and forestry machines. Part of the reluctance of the right to repair is an effort on Deere's part to avoid the disaster of Cat's eventual failure and withdrawal from the truck engine market. What happens is a whole new cottage industry is formed...cheap Chinese fake parts, correct cosmetically but not even close to oem specs are flooded into the market, installed by who knows and as a result, Cat gets a bad name...oh my turbo failed after only 100,000 miles, I'll never buy another Cat, warranty fights, bad advertising....and that is not the worst, access to the computers and chips with aftermarket programming usually designed in a bazaar in India by people who have no skin in the game once they sell you the product. And then, real, total catastrophic engine failures. It killed Cat. Deere, even with the bad press it generates, wants to avoid Cat's mistakes. Deere parts, with a record of installation by Deere authorized techs, in the long run will protect the Deere brand name. Trust me, this policy is not a cheesey effort to boost profits in dealership repair shops.
Posted By: fburgtx Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Had a JD 5085E for 6 years. Decent tractor, did what I needed, but was constantly throwing codes, which required JD techs to come look at. Had a few issues with rodent damage and some fender damage, that, while not related to the tractor itself, told me LOTS about John Deere.
service.

Always got the feeling they didnā€™t care much about ā€œsmall tractorā€ owners. Iā€™m sure there are certain markets where they are more geared towards that, but out here, itā€™s ā€œBig Agā€, and the same company owns every dealer within 150-200 miles (Deere has been pushing this ā€œregionalā€ ownership, vs. local, the last few years). They pushed the remaining 2-3 ā€œlocalsā€ to sell to the regional, a while back.

Happen to work with a gal whose husband is a salesman for JD, here. She confirmed my suspicions, and mentioned her husband HATES dealing with the ā€œutility tractorā€ folks. He wants to deal in the $250k-$500k ā€œbig stuffā€. If youā€™re not a custom operator or have a huge operation, youā€™re sucking hind tit.

Replaced it with a Kubota M5-091. Dealer has been super friendly and supportive. Also bought a L2501 from them. Great experiences on both. I was simply TIRED of dealing with JD service, and their $1000 service calls.

Iā€™m not slamming JDā€™s ā€œproductā€, just what they consider their ā€œprofit centerā€. Kubota seems to want to sell small/medium tractors, make a profit, and ā€œservice what they sellā€. John Deere, OTOH, seems to want to make their service department their ā€œprofit centerā€, by charging an arm and a leg every time you need them, or keeping their codes/software proprietary/privateā€¦
Posted By: Gringo Loco Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23

Right to Repair

They "came around", huh? That's one way to put it.

Looks more like they were grabbed by the ear and pulled around kicking and screaming.
Posted By: Torque Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Kioti. IMHO better than Kubota and JD and cheaper than either. I have worked my 55HP really hard and had zero problems.
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco

Right to Repair

They "came around", huh? That's one way to put it.

Looks more like they were grabbed by the ear and pulled around kicking and screaming.

Regardless - as a JD customer - you have a right to repair. The article (which was the first I grabbed as when I read it on LinkedIn back when it happened - impossible to find/search) - doesn't really mention a lawsuit or any other force of law. They didn't have to do the MOU. And the ones fighting this were the big buck ag guys, not dudes with a green lawnmower.
Posted By: Raeford Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23

Both my brothers have a 25hp tractor. Both are about 2 years into new tractors. One is Green the other is Orange.

I can't say that I'm really impressed by either. To get into what I consider a working tractor, they'd have to jump to at least 40hp or so.

I guess both do what I'd expect a 25hp tractor to do. I will say that I was disappointed in seeing the Kubota last weekend, and the way they fit a 5 foot Bushog on it. Didn't look like something I'd want to run for very long.

I 'had' a 5' BH on my Kioti of the same size, it drove the tractor!
Dropped to a 4' and have had much better results.
As far as the green & other orange brands, I visited both of our local stealerships and walked out of both spitting nails mad[and we weren't even at the price haggling point yet] This was 10 years back so it wasn't todays world where you have to take what may be available.
My lil' Kioti has done way more than it should and just keeps kickin along.
Posted By: memtb Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Kubotaā€¦.just that! memtb
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Originally Posted by Torque
Kioti. IMHO better than Kubota and JD and cheaper than either. I have worked my 55HP really hard and had zero problems.

Yeah, I have the other "orange" too.

Came with the house/property we bought 4 years ago.

24hp Diesel, 4x4 with diff locks, loader & backhoe, touch over 400 hours, when we bought, 535 hours now.

A toy, I know, in comparison, but it has done everything we've asked of it.
Posted By: saddlesore Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Here around Colorado Springs, both JD and Kubota dealers are playingto the hobby farmer. Prices and attitude reflect it. I went east of Pueblo and saved $3000 on my Kubota 2501 vs the same size JD tractor in Colorado Springs. Definitely more versatile with the universal skid steer attachments. JD yoy are locked into the dealer.

Major use here is snow removal.60 inch blower on back and wide front bucket I have not run out of power yet in snow 3-4 foot deep.Other use is plowing, discing, manures spreading, spreading gravel on lane, lifting things too heavy for me.There are a few JD's around me and it seems there is away some problem with them.

Biggest turn off for me was the dealer.
Posted By: Raeford Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

24hp Diesel, 4x4 with diff locks, loader & backhoe, touch over 400 hours, when we bought, 535 hours now.

Ummmm, about those propane tanks....... grin whistle
Posted By: wabigoon Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
That looks like a sweet rig Paul.
Originally Posted by Raeford

Ummmm, about those propane tanks....... grin whistle

Mmmm, who was the last turd, that tried to tell me that, that system could not be certified !

grin
Thanks Richard, it does what we need, including driveway snow clearing, from where the Plow truck, fills the front of the driveway !!!
You guys running the orange and red tractors, have they 'appreciated' in value like the green machines?

I was just price checking on tracterhouse and the madness continues.

About 5 years ago I paid $55k for a very good condition JD 7610, similar machines(hours, loaders, etc..) are now listed at $80-90k.

Are the orange tractors going nuts as well?
Posted By: saddlesore Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
You guys running the orange and red tractors, have they 'appreciated' in value like the green machines?

About 5 years ago I paid $55k for a very good condition JD 7610, similar machines(hours, loaders, etc..) are now listed at $80-90k.

I don't know the prices as I am not looking, but just about any Kubota advertised sells immediately and it is hard to find one. Sort of like a Toyota Tacoma. If you see one and like it you better buy it as it won't be there tomorrow. Especially the 25-40 horse ones. The bigger stuff, I don't know.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
I'm with 99's

The other Orange tractor.......with the 'black bucket'

Bought mine new in 2010.......CK35...3 cylinder...shuttle gear driven..4x4.....diff lock

IIRC......promo then was the FEL came with the machine....paid $17K with a bunch of impliments

Have done nuthin but normal service on all the fluids...just turned 501 hrs....

Factory battery lasted 9 years !

For my uses its been one helluva machine.......say what ya want

Earned its keep just moving snow this winter

Posted By: Steve Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Originally Posted by tikkanut
I'm with 99's

The other Orange tractor.......with the 'black bucket'

Where'd you buy it? Been looking for tractor dealers in Cedar/St. George area and there doesn't seem to be many.

My tractor went with the house when we sold it so looking to replace it.
Look at linky......

down near ya now.....

If list is current

I'd buy another in a heart beat

charger on

https://www.kioti.com/find-a-dealer/

Posted By: Steve Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
Thanks. Had looked at that site before.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
I got a John Deere lawn mower as well as a 650 trail buck 4wlr.Tractor wise Iā€™m waiting on 1958 TO35 to give up the ghost Iā€™m going orange on that my favorite color
Posted By: jwp475 Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23
I've owned a 95 horse kubota since 2008 and it has performed trouble free

Both my red tractors are worth at least what I've paid for them, or more. Better than the other direction... wink

My track loader is worth $20-25k MORE than I paid for it.

Maybe I need to adjust my insurance numbers? I sure couldn't replace them for what I have them all insured for.
Hate to jinx it but 122 days in a row for these two yuppie tractors and nary a problem.

They live outside and if it's -20F or colder I do have to jump the little German POS....

This morning.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Both my red tractors are worth at least what I've paid for them, or more. Better than the other direction... wink

Maybe I need to adjust my insurance numbers? I sure couldn't replace them for what I have them all insured for.

Barry, I was thinking the EXACT same thing about insurance after I price shopped on tractorhouse this afternoon!

I'd hate to be buying equipment right now...
Hate to jinx it but 122 days in a row for these two yuppie tractors and nary a problem.

They live outside and if it's -20F or colder I do have to jump the little German POS....

This morning.

Barry, I was thinking the EXACT same thing about insurance after I price shopped on tractorhouse this afternoon!

Sammo.......

next time leave UR shadow outta the pic.......

Bet you look next time too........................(:

Go ORANGE with the black bucket
Posted By: RUM7 Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/02/23

This morning.

Not sure about where tractors are at but I just bought a brand new svl75 track loader.
Kubota has 0.0% for 36 months. I hate financing but I won't turn away free financing.
I'll let the $73,000 earn me some money while I pay the bill over 3 years.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23
Tikka, yeah I know and noticed it as well when I took the pic.

Was the reading the thread this morning while I drove the little German over to the feed pile and had a really good idea for a post but got distracted...

R7, damn pard, that is a good deal on the money!

The doom and gloomers have been preaching economic collapse for the last two years but I say fuuck it, buy what you need now.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23

Was the reading the thread this morning while I drove the little German over to the feed pile and had a really good idea for a post but got distracted...

The doom and gloomers have been preaching economic collapse for the last two years but I say fuuck it, buy what you need now.

I'd rather buys weapons...........like this 10mm

That is a formidable looking item!

(i've stashed a few in the last year as well)
Posted By: RUM7 Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23

The old one is literally falling apart.
I'm selling it before it grenades.
That is a formidable looking item!

(i've stashed a few in the last year as well)

Its a.........'two hander' with 200 gr solids
Posted By: garddogg56 Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23
Deere
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23

No the orange, red and blue tractors aren't keeping up with inflation.
Posted By: RUM7 Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23
Originally Posted by jwp475
Any of the M9000 Kubotas were hard to beat. Bang for buck and longevity are outstanding.
Posted By: keystoneben Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

No the orange, red and blue tractors aren't keeping up with inflation.

I bought 2017 Case IH 140a loader tractor with 750hours for 62k in 2021Today it would cost about 90-95k.

I don't know about tractors. But new Kubota ssv75 skid steer cost 39k in 2020.( We bought a 2018 with 60 hours for 32k). I saw new one for 65k
Ben that is crazy!

But I'm not surprised.

Well actually I am a little surprised given it's red one and not green.

lol
Ben that is crazy!

But I'm not surprised.

Well actually I am a little surprised given it's red one and not green.

lol

neighbor girl likes the green tractors
Smart girl, she'd love me for sure.
Posted By: LJBass Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23

This morning.

I just bought a JD5420. If I didn't have to have 1 for lung problems, I would have kept plugging along with the old tractor.
Mine was plain Jane and 31k. If you want hydrostatic, add 15k, if you want 4x4, add another 10k. Cheapest used JD on a dealership within an hour was 48k... under 100hp anyways.
Posted By: Houston_2 Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23
Originally Posted by RAS
My experience is with a little big green. 1025R with endloader and backhoe. Everything points to a great machine so far. My really good friend has a similar Kubota with the same results. I think both are great machines but I went green.

If you havenā€™t yet done it load your grease gun with quality high temp grease and keep the U-Joint on the hydraulic drive shaft well greased.

Itā€™s right behind the engine coming off of the crank shaft. If you ever have to change it you have to remove most all of the top and dash off. I brought mine stripped to the JD dealer and it was $400 to remove the old joint requiring an air chisel and then install the new U-Joint.

Then I had to put everything back together which saved me another $800-900.
Posted By: keystoneben Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23
Just like pickup trucks, fertilizer, eggs. Everything has gone through the roof.

In 2020 we sold a roll of bale wrap was $65. In 2021 it was $105, if you could get it. Some people were charging $130. This spring it's around $93, so it came down but it's no where near were it was.
Posted By: Oldidaho Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23
Originally Posted by RAS

A tip for those folks moving snow with a front end loader. Spray the inside of your bucket with WD-40, or generic silicone lube spray. The packed snow, even the heavy wet stuff, will dump right out, rather than clog the bucket.
Posted By: Edwin264 Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23
Out of the 2 you mentioned, Kubota even though I did not buy either one
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23
Originally Posted by Oldidaho
A tip for those folks moving snow with a front end loader. Spray the inside of your bucket with WD-40, or generic silicone lube spray. The packed snow, even the heavy wet stuff, will dump right out, rather than clog the bucket.

Diesel fuel works fine too !
Posted By: Teal Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23

Used to give the shovel a coat of Pam Cooking Spray too - seemed to help.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23

What is this "snow" you guys are talking about?
Posted By: Raeford Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23

yep!
The 'other' orange, been worked too hard but just keeps on going.
Posted By: Raeford Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23

It somewhat resembles this:
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23

Ha, yeah, its pretty & all,

but, it does create some work.

This is my driveway, after I drove my chevy half ton in. Notice that it's underbelly, was dragging !

Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23

5ā€™ cutter on a 25 HP tractor prob not an optimal combo. 4ā€™ would fit that tractor better.

Iā€™d want a 40+ HP tractor for 5ā€™. My 50 HP JD has a 6ā€™ Bush Hog, about perfect combo for that size tractor.

DF
Posted By: jwp475 Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23
Originally Posted by RUM7
Any of the M9000 Kubotas were hard to beat. Bang for buck and longevity are outstanding.

Mine handled a 15' batwing with ease
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/03/23

Mine handled a 15' batwing with ease
My Dadā€™s 80 HP ā€˜60ā€™s vintage 830 Case handled a 15ā€™ Terrain King easily. Never got bogged down due to lack of power and he cut some pretty bad stuff with it.

DF
My 1970 4020 is worth more than double what it sold for new. When I got it I payed about 1500 more than its new selling price
Thatā€™s a 53 year old tractor they sell for 18-25k
They were 10 k new
Why?
Go see what a 100
Hp tractor will cost and will it still go to work 53 years later not eve an engine overhaul.?
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/10/23
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
My 1970 4020 is worth more than double what it sold for new. When I got it I payed about 1500 more than its new selling price
Thatā€™s a 53 year old tractor they sell for 18-25k
They were 10 k new
Why?
Go see what a 100
Hp tractor will cost and will it still go to work 53 years later not eve an engine overhaul.?
Those were/are really good tractors.

I agree with your assessment about how many new tractors will be performing 50 yrs from now, as well that ole hoss.

DF
Posted By: Terryk Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/10/23
I have a Kubota L3130. 32HP 3 cylinder, hydrostatic tranny. Only thing I replaced in 20 years was a loader hydraulic cylinder and some hydro hoses. I think it has 700 hours on it, so it has not been used much. Home use, 4 acres to take care of. No regrets.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/10/23
Deere is known for putting crap out on the market and letting the public test it out for them!
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/10/23
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Deere is known for putting crap out on the market and letting the public test it out for them!

They are pretty good at putting out decent products... With one caveat. The "E" series. That is a cheaper price leader line of tractors made to be competitive with other brands, and they have "issues" according to my local JD dealer.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/10/23
Due to the blowing snow we can't get a feed pickup down to our river cows.

Relying on these two POS's as we speak....lol!

Kubota guys bitch about winter, JD guys just deal with it!

Posted By: funshooter Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/10/23
Due to the blowing snow we can't get a feed pickup down to our river cows.

Relying on these two POS's as we speak....lol!

Kubota guys bitch about winter, JD guys just deal with it!

Real Farmers and Ranchers deal with a lot of stuff that the wanna be's cry and complain about.
I am not a Rancher or farmer and i do not have to deal with all of the bad crap that real farmers and Ranchers have to deal with to make a living.

I pat you real guys on the back for what you do to help feed all of us.

It seems like the only people you hear from most of the time are the cry baby wanna be's

A guy with a 25Hp Any brand tractor is only a wanna be and not a serious Rancher / Farmer but they get top billing most of the time

I thank all of you Real Farmers & Ranchers when it comes to getting the real information about Equipment.

By the Way I own a Kubota and love it for what it does for my needs.

I am Not a Real Rancher or Farmer.

Thanks again for everything you do for us.
Posted By: coobie Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/10/23
Kioti,just that..
Posted By: RUM7 Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/10/23
Wet, wet, wet today. So this ol girl gets some love in the shop. New seat and fluids changed. It's a back ups backup at this point. Never had anything bigger than a clutch done on it. Well over 15,000 hrs. No idea really how many. Hour meter broke long ago.

Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: John Deere or Kubota - 03/11/23
Wet, wet, wet today. So this ol girl gets some love in the shop. New seat and fluids changed. It's a back ups backup at this point. Never had anything bigger than a clutch done on it. Well over 15,000 hrs. No idea really how many. Hour meter broke long ago.

I had a similar one. Maybe a size smaller.

My Dad was complaining about all the gear options. Seems it had several ranges plus the regular gear choices. Seems there was over 30 possibilities.

Being a smart azz, told him to just use the ones he liked.

Good tractor. It was a really smooth running 6 cylinder. Canā€™t remember if it was gas or diesel, probably the latter.

DF
© 24hourcampfire