Home
Posted By: wabigoon NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/14/23
"March Madness." Who you pullin' for?
Me, Either Iowa team.
Bama! RTR
Posted By: Teal Re: NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/14/23
Marquette
I'm pulling for whatever outcome gets Calipari fired.
Go Blue!

Oh wait. Nevermind.

Hoping for whatever teams I pick when I fill out my bracket.
Posted By: JoeBob Re: NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/14/23
Originally Posted by bamagun01
Bama! RTR

You should just say that you support thugs who kill young women.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
"March Madness." Who you pullin' for?
Me, Either Iowa team.

Either? There are three Iowa teams this year.
Rock Chalk Jayhawk, KU!!!!!!!!!!
TREE HOCKEY?!?! On the 'fire, jeeyzus kayriiiist.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Bama! RTR

So much for “innocent until proven guilty”, from you I guess.
Posted By: bugs4 Re: NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/14/23
Not only basketball, we get to see Iowa finish 2nd again in the NCAA wrestling tournament.
Greatest college sporting event there is. I'm "shocked" the Shockers didn't make the Big Dance.
Originally Posted by hillestadj
TREE HOCKEY?!?! On the 'fire, jeeyzus kayriiiist.
Have to stock up on coffeey and Serenity no shows
Thugball- - - - -bunch of overgrown, tatted-up groids with dreadlocks- - - - - -who GAF?
Timber, thank you, I'll look that up.
Posted By: hanco Re: NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/14/23
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Thugball- - - - -bunch of overgrown, tatted-up groids with dreadlocks- - - - - -who GAF?

I feel the same way. I have negro fatigue
Posted By: richj Re: NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/14/23
Box 73 and 64
Roll tide.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I'm pulling for whatever outcome gets Calipari fired.

They won't fire him no matter what happens. If he had any sort of decency whatsoever about him, he would resign and let Kentucky basketball become relevant again.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln

I'm pretty much in agreement with you.
Posted By: rong Re: NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/14/23
I love this time of year,going to be some good games.
Don't really have a fav,but do pull for the underdogs.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Bama! RTR

So much for “innocent until proven guilty”, from you I guess.

Yep. And based on testimony and law enforcement, the man that shot a young woman and the man that provided him the weapon are awaiting trial for murder at the moment.
Gonzaga!
I'm a Hog fan, I don't figure we'll make it as far this year as the last couple of years though.
Posted By: CBB Re: NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/15/23
Never cared to watch the game did play it a little at the gym for cardio years ago. Wasn’t good at it
Posted By: Dess Re: NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/15/23
If you're in a March Madness pool, I've had very good luck using Vegas odds to make my picks.

Won a few at work and I don't even follow it. Makes for some very unhappy self-proclaimed experts at the shop.

Wife used it at her job. Guy running the pool was all for taking the easy money. As the tournament progressed and she was in with the leaders, many guys were very nervous about a woman taking the prize. Alas, she didn't win it all. She loved the overheard comments about not wanting to lose to a woman etc.

Good luck.
No team has been dominant this year other than Houston. Houston has a great record, but they haven't played anyone. It's going to be interesting this year and just about any team has a chance of running the tables. Arizona and Marquette have the best records against top 25 teams. Texas has played 15 top 25 teams and has shown that they can beat anyone, but they have also shown that anyone can beat them. The beat the hell out of #1 seed Kansas twice during the last 2 weeks of the season. Duke and Purdue are coming in hot.
All I know is there is a woman in my office who will win this year's pool by picking her favorite mascot or the color of their jerseys.
Posted By: Tminc Re: NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/15/23
Unfortunately,Texas is too woke and will go broke.Its their specialty!
Posted By: BluMtn Re: NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/15/23
Originally Posted by BlueDuck
Gonzaga!

X1,000,000
Posted By: 5sdad Re: NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/15/23
I filled out my pool. I can pretty much guarantee that Duke won't win it all.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
No team has been dominant this year other than Houston. Houston has a great record, but they haven't played anyone. It's going to be interesting this year and just about any team has a chance of running the tables. Arizona and Marquette have the best records against top 25 teams. Texas has played 15 top 25 teams and has shown that they can beat anyone, but they have also shown that anyone can beat them. The beat the hell out of #1 seed Kansas twice during the last 2 weeks of the season. Duke and Purdue are coming in hot.
You have not watched Alabama? The came from 15 down to beat Houston; at home.
Originally Posted by Cruiser1

They had some late season squeaker wins against Auburn, Arkansas and South Carolina and losses to Tennessee and Texas A&M. They were also demolished mid season by Oklahoma. I don't consider that dominant. That said, there's no question that when they are playing their best, they are one of the better teams in the country.
The Iowa men did not last long.
Houston is hurt.
Posted By: ewc Re: NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/20/23
Go Vols!!
My heart says Gonzaga but my head says Houston. The game use to be played inside out but anymore its an outside game plus foul shooting.......maybe!
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
My heart says Gonzaga but my head says Houston. The game use to be played inside out but anymore its an outside game plus foul shooting.......maybe!

Houston never played a top 25 team all year. They were way overrated.
Originally Posted by Cruiser1

The Bama that struggled late in the season is the Bama that got beat tonight.

I knew it was going to be interesting, and no #1 seed going into the elite 8 certainly qualifies.
I'm still 1st in both my brackets. Kinda lucky. It's gonna be hard for me to not win $500.
Very interesting games this year...........San Diego State looked tough against the Tide. Miami spanked Houston. The UConn men destroyed my beloved Razorbacks. Kansas State has the best point guard. He's a blast to watch. Hope the ankle heals quickly. Should be some great games by teams who are new to alot of viewers............. I don't watch pro sports and will not. There's still "some" decent good kids in college sports.

Razorhog
Posted By: Tminc Re: NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/26/23
Originally Posted by Tminc
Unfortunately,Texas is too woke and will go broke.Its their specialty!
Looks like I was wrong ........again🤣
Posted By: 5sdad Re: NCAA basketball tournament. - 03/26/23
A really good tournament this year - lots of "upsets", some really good individual play, some really good team play, some really close games that the "fans" of the losers can blame on the officials.

The women's tournament has been interesting as well - lots more whining on the part of players than on the men's side, as well as some sucker punches and other dirty play on the part of some of the Norwegians. (There has been some good basketball as well.)
© 24hourcampfire