Home
Good news for those of you with high blood pressure, who don't want to take pharmaceuticals for it:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33483174/
Thats cool.
I’ll take my super beet chews
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Thats cool.

Probably wouldn't work for you Jim. They tested a few Montana ranchers and said their blood pressure was already so low it was off the charts.
Smoking fatties lowers blood pressure?
Originally Posted by 673
Smoking fatties lowers blood pressure?

In older people. Gotta know your audience.
Old people don’t need to be smoking dope. They gave everyone else shît all their lives about it and now they wanna partake?

Mmmm naw.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Old people don’t need to be smoking dope. They gave everyone else shît all their lives about it and now they wanna partake?

Mmmm naw.

LOL, "old people" these days grew up in the 60's and 70's. Plus, I think I read that CBD is the compound that works best, so old people don't need to smoke dope anyway.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Stupid old people.
Originally Posted by 673
Stupid old people.

That include your parents?
Dope?
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Dope?

Cannabinoids; hemp; CBD. Geen gold, Texas Tea. Y'all come back now, ya hear?
No thanks.
Hold on there pard, don't "no thanks" me. I didn't offer you any.
JEEEEEZ

Check out GABA 750 mg up to 3 times a day
Originally Posted by smokepole

Mmmm naw.

LOL, "old people" these days grew up in the 60's and 70's. Plus, I think I read that CBD is the compound that works best, so old people don't need to smoke dope anyway.
Old people constantly whining about their their aches and pains are WHY chronic pain folks cannot have access to opiates.

Every little bump and booboo was seen to by a darvocet or perc, tylox, lortab.

Those bastards had access to barbiturates, quaaludes, you name it.

Family doc could write you a little sweet note and get your ass out of viet nam and another note for all the happy pills you wanted.

Good times
Originally Posted by Etoh
JEEEEEZ

First of all, I posted that as more of a joke than anything, to rile up the old geezers on here.

Second of all, you got a link to a study done on humans? The study I linked on cannabinoids was done on humans.
I’d smoke one with wabigoon.

That’d be interesting
No thanks in general Smoke.

Mmmm naw.

Old people constantly whining about their their aches and pains are WHY chronic pain folks cannot have access to opiates.

Ah, no, that was because some pharmacists and doctors were handing them out like pez, even when they knew they weren't being used for pain relief.

Plus, we're talking about blood pressure, not aches and pains.
Originally Posted by 673
Stupid old people.

I can't stand them either, but cheer up. When you hit about 60, there's a hell of a lot less of them than there used to be.
Odd that the study doesn't mention their cannabis delivery method. Eating or smoking?
Geez

Holyfield Gummy Ears ..
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

Greta Tunberg smokes weed?
Who knew
JEEEEEZ

Gabapentin?
Originally Posted by rong
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

Greta Tunberg smokes weed?
Who knew
She likely plays the skin flute too!
Originally Posted by ironbender
JEEEEEZ

Gabapentin?

No, it's a supplement made from cellulose and other plant components. I could only find studies done on rats though.
Originally Posted by Morewood
Odd that the study doesn't mention their cannabis delivery method. Eating or smoking?

Couldn't find that but I'd be willing to bet it was eating.
Originally Posted by ironbender
JEEEEEZ

Gabapentin?
No, it's a supplement made from cellulose and other plant components. I could only find studies done on rats though.
Tks. Looked it up.
Originally Posted by SargeMO
Originally Posted by 673
Stupid old people.

I can't stand them either, but cheer up. When you hit about 60, there's a hell of a lot less of them than there used to be.

And then you'll be one, LOL.

Excuse me, I have to go yell at some kids that are on my lawn.
How about an oregano brownie?

No worries wabi, I was just messing with ya. You know that CBD is not psychoactive,right?
Walking 8 to ten miles a week does wonders for my blood pressure
Originally Posted by hanco

No doubt. I've got that covered, but my doc still wants me to cut down on salt, caffeine, and alcohol. The three basic food groups.

That’d be interesting

That’s Pay for View Stuff ..

The Intellectual Interface would be Biblical..

Unlocking the Foundation Of the Universe..

Unlocking ..

What came First the Chicken or the Egg ..
Originally Posted by akrange

That’d be interesting

LOL, I used to watch UFC but haven't payed for one in a long time. I'd pay for this one though.
For eternity it was well known in the medical community that marijuana use caused all sorts of illnessess, horrible birth defects, killed brain cells & destroyed peoples lives, It is fact that stoners are fkd up in the head, every single one I've known believes that the most important thing in life is to get high, they sacrifice high paying jobs and family just to get stoned, their only goal in life is to get more dope and get high, all the time ...... it is a drug addiction nothing more, typical junkies in the same category as methheads, heroin and cocaine morons... Junkies that attempt to glorify narcotic use and normalize it ... just like the LGBT perverts with their bowel "movement"

Fast forward post legalization ....All of a sudden it's a miracle drug that solves all of the worlds problems, cures all diseases and makes you handsome even, the brain addled fools pick up the torch and run screaming through the city streets about how great of a cure smoking marijuana is, how it absolutely solves the worlds problems ...

Dead brain cells sure make some fkd up people
Hibiscus tea. I just had my first cup today. It does not taste too crazy, kinda about as rich as regular tea.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23333...
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25875...
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17315...
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31943...
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science...
https://www.japsonline.com/admin/php/...
How is it that tobacco, when smoked, kills you a thousand different ways, yet when pot is smoked, it cures everything that ails you?
Originally Posted by Swamplord
For eternity it was well known in the medical community that marijuana use caused all sorts of illnessess, horrible birth defects, killed brain cells & destroyed peoples lives, It is fact that stoners are fkd up in the head, every single one I've known believes that the most important thing in life is to get high, they sacrifice high paying jobs and family just to get stoned, their only goal in life is to get more dope and get high, all the time ...... it is a drug addiction nothing more, typical junkies in the same category as methheads, heroin and cocaine morons... Junkies that attempt to glorify narcotic use and normalize it ... just like the LGBT perverts with their bowel "movement"

Fast forward post legalization ....All of a sudden it's a miracle drug that solves all of the worlds problems, cures all diseases and makes you handsome even, the brain addled fools pick up the torch and run screaming through the city streets about how great of a cure smoking marijuana is, how it absolutely solves the worlds problems ...

Dead brain cells sure make some fkd up people

You're right, dead brain cells do make people stupid. And once again, CBD is not marijuana and it's effects on blood pressure were proven with human trials.
Ever wonder why "They" legalized marijuana suddenly ? With all the shyte going on in this country ... NOW getting high is a legal right ????

after all the Drug Wars & billions of tax dollars wasted ...... Now there's a fkn dope shop on every street corner in every city in the state ....... During the scamdemic, pot shops were allowed to stay open and had long lines of people waiting for hours to get their dope, but restaurants, churches and hair salons, etc & etc .... were closed ....
That doesn't raise any questions ? Hard to use the brain through the haze isn't it ?

They want you pacified, sedated, stoned out of your mtrfkn minds and easily controlled

Because real Constitutional American Freedom is the right to get high, right ?
One more time.

C-B-D i-s n-o-t m-a-r-i-j-u-a-n-a.

It's also been shown to kill prostate cancer cells in the laboratory.

Same here.
One more time.

Is it worth being stoned for though??

LOL
At times, I use CBD cream for arthritis pain. It does help getting to sleep, but harder to wake up in the morning. Never did anything for my blood pressure. I don't use it much anymore. Lung doctor told me it creates more problems
I'd talk to my doctor before taking it.
Where are jag and k22?
I know someone will have smart ass things to say about this lol, bit no chit, chia seeds lowers blood pressure. Ive struggled with high bp and i started consuming organic chia seeds daily, roughly 2 table spoons worth and with in a month, my readings dropped significantly
GABA= gamma aminoburtyric acid
it is not obtained from cellulose.

human body has many receptors, used in communication to release other chemicals, hormones as an example
GABA receptors are on the majority of receptors in the CNS, and control emotion, cognition, pain, sleep and motor function.
others mentioned here are DOPA receptors, and mu receptors--- dopamine and opioids respectively
a receptor may have a combination of several at one site.

an example is progesterone, so important to men and women. Some of the metabolic by products of progesterone block the GABA receptors in women acting as a tranquilizer. Better known as that time of the month. In men the metabolic by products of their progesterone is estrogen, which gives cardiovascular protection against cholesterol build up.

the hormone that controls metabolism and many other functions is cortisol/cortisone, during stress this hormone floods the system and causes high blood pressure, irritability, lack of sleep etc. Also regulates the conversion of thyroid to the isomers that control metabolism t3 and rt3. the ratio of which determines how many calories you burn.

GABA blocks cortisol lowering blood pressure and the effects it has on some of the other metabolic pathways.

There are many articles on it --- if you want to search the internet. I don't post addresses on open forums.

CBD is Mary Jane regardless of what is being said here

CBD and THC are simply isomers of the same chemical. The difference, because of the 3 dimensional structure of the two molecules
called enantiomers, can attach to different sites., CB1 and CB2. THC is a dopamine stimulant, CBD not so much.

If your interested but off the subject--- the current craze of using GLP1 and GIP stimulants, semaglutide, increase cortisol production dramatically. The blogs are full of users, not being able to sleep, cold fingers and nose (increased rt3 production).
These side effects are relieved by taking GABA.

There has been a root used for thousands of years in the world called Ashwagandha, used to relieve stress. Its active ingredient is a
GABA.

During the last 10 years the advances in protein and peptide synthesis has skyrocketed, (semaglutide). GABA is cheap, over the counter and has a wide therapeutic index.
Dope?

Cannabinoids; hemp; CBD. Geen gold, Texas Tea. Y'all come back now, ya hear?

Take 403

These results will depend on the individual, It increased my BP and heart rate

That’d be interesting

Hash under glass?

Maybe just some good edibles?
Ever wonder why "They" legalized marijuana suddenly ? With all the shyte going on in this country ... NOW getting high is a legal right ????

after all the Drug Wars & billions of tax dollars wasted ...... Now there's a fkn dope shop on every street corner in every city in the state ....... During the scamdemic, pot shops were allowed to stay open and had long lines of people waiting for hours to get their dope, but restaurants, churches and hair salons, etc & etc .... were closed ....
That doesn't raise any questions ? Hard to use the brain through the haze isn't it ?

They want you pacified, sedated, stoned out of your mtrfkn minds and easily controlled

Ever wonder why "They" criminalized it rather suddenly in the first place, when for eons there were no restrictions on it???? confused
follow the money

A large part of the DEA budget was directed toward "grass". Thus they got more funding when it was criminalized
My reply was a little facetious. I know why it was criminalized, and yeah money certainly has kept an herb on Schedule 1
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Ever wonder why "They" criminalized it rather suddenly in the first place, when for eons there were no restrictions on it???? confused
It was all about the money from day one, search marijuana law, William Hearst
Oh, can we imagine the research that might have been done if it hadn't been listed. Or was listed lower on the Schedules????
Originally Posted by 700LH

It was all about the money from day one, search marijuana law, William Hearst

In reality your reply was meant for the other guy?

I know why and also why it's still listed as having no medical benefit.
Primarily for the other guy, yes.

Any recognised synergistic benefit with Phosphatidylserine
which in itself seems to have effect in blunting rise in cortisol?
There are many articles on it --- if you want to search the internet. I don't post addresses on open forums.

CBD is Mary Jane regardless of what is being said here.

Damn, the first time I did a search on GABA and blood pressure, only rat studies came up but you're right, lots of articles. Makes me wonder why I've never heard of it but that's no doubt the same point Geno was making, two words starting with big and ending with pharma.

I disagree that CBD is marijuana. Both are cannabinoids but one gets you high and one doesn't. One is legally sold in grocery stores and one is not. Hemp is grown in huge outdoor fields next to the road with no fence around it, marijuana is not. Because no one is going to steal hemp.

CBD is Mary Jane regardless of what is being said here.

Damn, the first time I did a search on GABA and blood pressure, only rat studies came up but you're right, lots of articles. Makes me wonder why I've never heard of it but that's no doubt the same point Geno was making, two words starting with big and ending with pharma.

I disagree that CBD is marijuana. Both are cannabinoids but one gets you high and one doesn't. One is legally sold in grocery stores and one is not. Hemp is grown in huge outdoor fields next to the road with no fence around it, marijuana is not. Because no one is going to steal hemp.

Can I grow some GABA out back with the maters and taters?

Or do I have to pay some multi national company what "They" decide is a fair price?

Or do I have to pay some multi national company what "They" decide is a fair price?

Don't forget the most important thing. The taxes.

Rolling your own blunts will help with your concentration, coordination, and dexterity.

A lotta upside for a geezer to partake.

🦫

Don't forget the most important thing. The taxes.

and don't forget the other important thing.....................

the lobbying, I mean graft.
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Rolling your own blunts will help with your concentration, coordination, and dexterity.

🦫
I'd hafta eat a half a brownie to deal with the arthritis in my hands before I can do a decent roll job

Then I'd likely say, ah..........let's just make some more brownies.

Don't forget, it will help with memory too. As in, "it's Miller Time, now where did I put that blunt??"
I'll take the high road on this one...
I'd expect nothing less from a guy named Weed.

🦫

I recall getting the one hand roll nailed. Helpful while driving.
Originally Posted by EdM

🦫

LOL, don't you know that anybody who smokes that stuff becomes a degenerate on skid row?? I mean, it's not benign like alcohol.
I looked up the inventor of the cigarette. They would shred decarded cigar butts, roll the tobacco in newspaper, and smoke them.
Originally Posted by EdM

🦫

My long lost brother! Started rolling my own in Junior High, didn’t take long to be very good at it. Never did roll a doobie in my life, but got a lot of askance looks when I moved to this country when I brought out the tobacco pouch.

That’d be interesting

Unlocking ..

The Rooster cum first.
Originally Posted by EdM

🦫

that’s a lot less dangerous than a woman trying to apply mascara while driving.

Sheesh.

🦫
Originally Posted by Houston_2

That’d be interesting

Unlocking ..

The Rooster cum first.

Genesis ..

Heathen ..
Tell slum, I bummed a Marlboro off my brother-in-law in March of 80 sitting in his two-tone blue Chevy pickup, heading east. No more smoking for me. laugh
it is not obtained from cellulose.

human body has many receptors, used in communication to release other chemicals, hormones as an example
GABA receptors are on the majority of receptors in the CNS, and control emotion, cognition, pain, sleep and motor function.
others mentioned here are DOPA receptors, and mu receptors--- dopamine and opioids respectively
a receptor may have a combination of several at one site.

an example is progesterone, so important to men and women. Some of the metabolic by products of progesterone block the GABA receptors in women acting as a tranquilizer. Better known as that time of the month. In men the metabolic by products of their progesterone is estrogen, which gives cardiovascular protection against cholesterol build up.

the hormone that controls metabolism and many other functions is cortisol/cortisone, during stress this hormone floods the system and causes high blood pressure, irritability, lack of sleep etc. Also regulates the conversion of thyroid to the isomers that control metabolism t3 and rt3. the ratio of which determines how many calories you burn.

GABA blocks cortisol lowering blood pressure and the effects it has on some of the other metabolic pathways.

CBD is Mary Jane regardless of what is being said here

CBD and THC are simply isomers of the same chemical. The difference, because of the 3 dimensional structure of the two molecules
called enantiomers, can attach to different sites., CB1 and CB2. THC is a dopamine stimulant, CBD not so much.

If your interested but off the subject--- the current craze of using GLP1 and GIP stimulants, semaglutide, increase cortisol production dramatically. The blogs are full of users, not being able to sleep, cold fingers and nose (increased rt3 production).
These side effects are relieved by taking GABA.

There has been a root used for thousands of years in the world called Ashwagandha, used to relieve stress. Its active ingredient is a
GABA.

During the last 10 years the advances in protein and peptide synthesis has skyrocketed, (semaglutide). GABA is cheap, over the counter and has a wide therapeutic index.

Interesting. Tag.

GABA is a general supplement , whereas Gabapentin
is an analog of GABA and prescription drug.

The drug crosses the blood brain barrier far more readily.
Originally Posted by Starman

The drug crosses the blood brain barrier far more
readily.
Careful. You will find yourself out of your google league quite quickly on this one.
Originally Posted by EdM

🦫

LOL, don't you know that anybody who smokes that stuff becomes a degenerate on skid row?? I mean, it's not benign like alcohol.

I don't know how some of us got this way.

I usually didn't roll while driving back in the day. Rolled ahead of time.

Now I roll into the creek.

So in other words I have to pay someone,maybe not a multi national, for it, right?

Any recognised synergistic benefit with Phosphatidylserine
which in itself seems to have effect in blunting rise in cortisol?

Yes there is as well as L-theanine, creatine etc. This group of proteins that affect cognition are called Nootropics.
One more time.

You and I do not get to name drugs. Its another thing the government has control of. All we get is slang terms
anything YOU want to call weed is fine with me.
Here's what slumlord uses, he's a big fan:

https://www.iherb.com/pr/dr-mercola-blood-pressure-support-30-capsules/64746

Yes you can grow GABA . But you will need a liquid counter current chromatography for small peptide separation and mass spectrometry to identify the different peptides..
Start up costs.
Probably cheaper at Amazon, I get it in 2 days no glassware cleaning. $10.00

Compounding pharmacies make 1000s of topical gabapentin/lidocaine/ketoprofin topical transdermal creams everyday for nerve pain in deep muscle. Affects only the area, no first liver by-pass. Immediate results.
Etoh: I did a search for "Organic supplements high blood pressure" and none with GABA popped up, at least in the first 10-15. But a couple of other plant extracts did, top of the list is grape seed extract, then beet root powder, hibiscus, garlic and a few others.

Why do you think GABA doesn't show up? Too new?

That’d be interesting

Unlocking ..

Off topic ----- but it was Parthenogenisis
"Ever wonder why "They" criminalized it rather suddenly in the first place, when for eons there were no restrictions on it???? confused?"

Dot gov clamped down on marijuana when the liquor lobby spent a large amount of coin to make it illegal. Seems people could either get pot cheap or just grow their own. R.W. Schenley and crew were losing money big time. Why buy booze when you could just grow that good time in your back yard?

On High blood pressure, I've had problems with that crap ever since I was a kid. Depending on the meds it hops from too high to too low like a damn yoyo. Doesn't help that the doc keeps changing the meds.
PJ
Etoh: I did a search for "Organic supplements high blood pressure" and none with GABA popped up, at least in the first 10-15. But a couple of other plant extracts did, top of the list is grape seed extract, then beet root powder, hibiscus, garlic and a few others.

Why do you think GABA doesn't show up? Too new?

You sort of answered this with your first post.

Medicine has changed dramatically in the last 10 years. From the 70 thru 2000 it was find a single entity drug, that could be monitored by lab tests, then dose it accordingly based on pharmacological events. This approach is based on pressure from insurance groups- doesn't need docs. use NPs get lab values prescribe accordingly. lower cost of medicine. The entire Obamacare platform is based on this. Actually he stole it from Romney, and a guy from Intermountain Health care by the name of Sorenson.
(Sorenson medical, guys got the best collection of real Samurai swords in the world) . Sorry.
With that falling, with increase pressure from Covid, things had to change.

Herbs and natural remedies (Pharmacognosy) died when this event became accepted medical practice. Instead of having standardized botanicals, synthetics became the norm. The only economic variable was start up costs. Any plant built had to be designed around volume. Thats why Boots pharmaceutical makes all the ibuprofen in the world, nobody can make it cheaper.

Also herbs and such only work well on old men. Not so much on women, (menstrual cycle) and young people they have to much "reserve"

When the manufacturing of proteins and peptides was doable to medium size labs, things really took off. Mainly because the government cannot control it. Most peptide exist in a natural form so they can't be patented, except in the formulations . Semaglutide oral is a good example, SNAC is added to enhance the absorption thus allowing a patent. The really big change is the FDA approval is not need for them, thus the long clinical trials (and expensive) are not needed. And most of them have virtually no side effect profile.

Couple this with low start costs and you see labs cropping up all over the world..

Peptides like GABA, NAD, and there pharmacology have been known more 100 years, but the available was limited to a few specialty labs for research.

To answer your question- yes it is to new to be portrayed on the internet accurately
Etoh - since we are off topic anyway and you are the acknowledged expert; care to comment on this post re: human body not being fooled by synthetics? Post is from another thread which I won’t bludgeon your intelligence with.

Originally Posted by K22
"Never mind that men have been replicating organic chemicals and making synthetics for decades, and the sythetics have the same effects as their organic counterparts. "

Now that is a statement of utter bullshit right there. You and your brain might be fooled by synthetics, but the human body is not. Oh, maybe that's the rub, human bodies aren't fooled by synthetics.
I answered this post for another reason.

Any talk about weed, good, bad or medicine is really,, really old time. Peptides are the future, and one of the reasons weed has fell behind in projected sales, except as recreational use. At least it keeps the money home.

its use as a medicinal is limited simply due to fewer receptor sites.

Any talk about weed, good, bad or medicine is really,, really old time. Peptides are the future, and one of the reasons weed has fell behind in projected sales, except as recreational use. At least it keeps the money home.

Have you seen any of the studies on its effect on prostate cancer cells? Apparently those have cannabinoid receptor sites.
I can see the medical benefits of weed in some form. I know people who smoke weed and they say it raises their shyte tolerance, that in turn may simply lower their blood pressure, or it may help them sleep, which also may lower their blood pressure.
For sure I know people who's blood pressure go's through the roof until they get some weed LOL, so there is that.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Etoh - since we are off topic anyway and you are the acknowledged expert; care to comment on this post re: human body not being fooled by synthetics? Post is from another thread which I won’t bludgeon your intelligence with.

Originally Posted by K22
"Never mind that men have been replicating organic chemicals and making synthetics for decades, and the sythetics have the same effects as their organic counterparts. "

Now that is a statement of utter bullshit right there. You and your brain might be fooled by synthetics, but the human body is not. Oh, maybe that's the rub, human bodies aren't fooled by synthetics.

It doesn't make any sense to me. It assumes that a certain set of conditions are the defining constraint. Given the wide range of genetic mutations, causing both a disease state, and super healthy state, does that mean if I change your genetic pattern the statement still holds?

the statement is an argument from authority and one of the ten fallacies of logic.
Whta's you take on all of the peptides out on market now?

Bp 157, Semaglutide , imorelien etc.

I like NAD and take 1 gram a day powder. Helped lungs after Covid

Originally Posted by K22

It doesn't make any sense to me. It assumes that a certain set of conditions are the defining constraint. Given the wide range of genetic mutations, causing both a disease state, and super healthy state, does that mean if I change your genetic pattern the statement still holds?

the statement is an argument from authority and one of the ten fallacies of logic.

Have you seen any of the studies on its effect on prostate cancer cells? Apparently those have cannabinoid receptor sites.

this is a can of worms, because we have to start with what current Urologists call cancer. What is cancer, its a bunch of hungry cells that reproduce far to fast and steal all of the food. Its not an out of whack PSA. Lets treat it like that for a moment and see what the "cure" would be. Enlarged prostrate starts because of DHT, because the body is starving for testosterone it corrects the condition by making a hormone 10x stronger. Dihydrotestoserone, which causes the swelling not to too much testosterone as put forth by urologists. ok start a topical test cream. OK lets use one of those nasty synthetic hormone blockers, finasteride for a couple of weeks. Holy [bleep] I can pee again.
those body cells must not be recognizing those synthetics. Ok lets starve those cancer cells with a few days of fasting. No glucose for youse guys, Hmm cell sample under microscope still show a few abnormal. THERES WILL ALWAYS BE A FEW ABNORMAL.

Use cannabinoid is still working in the same circle as the old hat urologist mentality

No doubt. I've got that covered, but my doc still wants me to cut down on salt, caffeine, and alcohol. The three basic food groups.

LOL.
Originally Posted by ribka
Whta's you take on all of the peptides out on market now?

Bp 157, Semaglutide , imorelien etc.

I like NAD and take 1 gram a day powder. Helped lungs after Covid

Originally Posted by K22

I take those and don't need a doc to tell me how they work.
Semoralin touché, .5mg every other day
NAD injection, works 10x better than oral;
Wife use 157 started months ago. Her bald spot has grown back.
Been using inj. glutathione for a year. moles, and possible carcinogenic melanin (freckles) are gone.

Starting nootropics next month. Dihexa- maybe Sumak (anti-Parkinson, Alzheimer, ADHD) peppy

Wife uses Semaglutide, severe cold in extremeties, no sleep, heaving-- side effects stopped when she started GABA, L-theanine
lost 40 lb in 5 months.
and she's not diabetic,
The NAD increased my dopamine levels was noticed immediately. Im 80, my neighbors call me the Everready bunny
This is the kind of outpatient medicine care Medicare should be doing, not sending out surveys to see how they are doing, or making deals with large insurance companies or refusing payments on prescription drugs.
I'd smoke dope every day if it didn't make me a dope. So I drink alcohol every day and am fat n lazy.

this is a can of worms, because we have to start with what current Urologists call cancer. What is cancer, its a bunch of hungry cells that reproduce far to fast and steal all of the food. Its not an out of whack PSA. Lets treat it like that for a moment and see what the "cure" would be. Enlarged prostrate starts because of DHT, because the body is starving for testosterone it corrects the condition by making a hormone 10x stronger. Dihydrotestoserone, which causes the swelling not to too much testosterone as put forth by urologists. ok start a topical test cream. OK lets use one of those nasty synthetic hormone blockers, finasteride for a couple of weeks. Holy [bleep] I can pee again.
those body cells must not be recognizing those synthetics. Ok lets starve those cancer cells with a few days of fasting. No glucose for youse guys, Hmm cell sample under microscope still show a few abnormal. THERES WILL ALWAYS BE A FEW ABNORMAL.

Use cannabinoid is still working in the same circle as the old hat urologist mentality

The studies I've read say that the cannabinoids attach to the cannabinoid receptors, starve the cancer cells, and cause apoptosis.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. America would be a far healthier, better place if everyone incorporated some cannabis/hemp into their physiology. Mentally and physically. Out.
Again this depends on what you call cancer cells. Thats certainly a reasonable mechanism. I have a problem with the first assumptions. Whats cancer. Using cannabinoids doesn't change the basic hormone problem and any pain/bladder improvement would take far longer than finasteride, which works immediately.
Good news for those of you with high blood pressure, who don't want to take pharmaceuticals for it:

A positive effect on blood pressure, but no one should get too excited... not much of a reduction.

I've read the study (and others) and while a statistically significant reduction was observed, the effect size was very small (i.e. the reduction in blood pressure was rather trivial, only 4.5 to 5 mm Hg)

John
Originally Posted by jpb

A positive effect on blood pressure, but no one should get too excited... not much of a reduction.

I've read the study (and others) and while a statistically significant reduction was observed, the effect size was very small (i.e. the reduction in blood pressure was rather trivial, only 4.5 to 5 mm Hg)

John

First of all, I posted that as more of a joke than anything, to rile up the old geezers on here.

There has been a root used for thousands of years in the world called Ashwagandha,
used to relieve stress. Its active ingredient is a GABA.

Had Ashwagandha included in my herbal tincture formulas decades ago..
.. in terms of modern pharmaceuticals, said to have inducer effect
on GI and hepatic CYP450.
For prodrugs(activation by CYP450) and drugs(metab. by CYP450)
is there reasonable risk for adverse reaction or therapeutic failure respectively?

The popular St Johns Wort is known as a potent CYP450 inducer significantly
lowering blood plasma level of certain drugs. Ie; Warfarin efficacy is reduced ,
but in the case of another blood thinner; clopidogrel (prodrug)
University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center reports potential for
amplified efficacy/increased bleeding.
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. America would be a far healthier, better place if everyone incorporated some cannabis/hemp into their physiology. Mentally and physically. Out.

what ever help they got from it, is insignificant, compared to the gain in health etc. if everyone took probiotics. Dont even get me started on vitamins.

There has been a root used for thousands of years in the world called Ashwagandha,
used to relieve stress. Its active ingredient is a GABA.

Had Ashwagandha included in my herbal tincture formulas decades ago..
.. in terms of modern pharmaceuticals, said to have inducer effect
on GI and hepatic CYP450.
For prodrugs(activation by CYP450) and drugs(metab. by CYP450)
is there reasonable risk for adverse reaction or therapeutic failure respectively?

The popular St Johns Wort is known as a potent CYP450 inducer significantly
lowering blood plasma level of certain drugs. Ie; Warfarin efficacy is reduced ,
but in the case of another blood thinner; clopidogrel (prodrug)
University of Michigan Cardiovascular Center reports potential for
amplified efficacy/increased bleeding.

c450 can act as an inducer and inhibitor depends on which article you read. Biggest problem with all botanicals, depending on their state of preparation, can have several pharmacological outcomes. Ash can take up to 90 days to work. GABA works immediately and is dose related.
Take Benadryl 50-100 mg standard dose as an example. To high a dose for me, so I take a Tagamet to block the c450 at get the pharmacology of 100 Benadryl without the side effects. As a bonus I get histamine blockage from the Tagamet and no upset tummy.
I don't think on the street medicine is up to this type of prescribing. Non-compliance of therapeutic medicine is the number one drug problem in the US. Bet you've never heard that before. People will not take responsibility for their own disease/ilness.

Besides protein/peptide drugs the biggest change today is in the Microbiome, or how the microorganism's in the gut interact.

Both of these fields are under Bioinformatics which is using AI to correlate the information. A recent AI computer just passed the NY medical exam test.

Bacteria are your friend
St, Johns Wort has the biggest list of drug interactions I've ever come across. Wouldn't touch it.

Ash takes to long to work, up to 90 days, GABA works right now
I'd expect nothing less from a guy named Weed.

Thanks, Smokepole.

Mmmm naw.

Every little bump and booboo was seen to by a darvocet or perc, tylox, lortab.

Those bastards had access to barbiturates, quaaludes, you name it.

Family doc could write you a little sweet note and get your ass out of viet nam and another note for all the happy pills you wanted.

Good times
Seriously, how old are you that you know WTF was going on in Vietnam? Or are you just regurgitating?
Take Benadryl 50-100 mg standard dose as an example. To high a dose for me,
so I take a Tagamet to block the c450....

Animal lovers are claiming near miracle results with
a proclaimed anti cancer 'Benadryl/Tagamet protocol'.
Unfortunately it all seems to be based on personal stories
posted on Fakebook.
The H1/H2 receptor blocker effect of the abovementioned
does seem to reduce some cardinal signs of inflammation ,
which dog owners are quick to perceive as remission of
mast cell tumors common in dogs.
Interesting
I started using this combination 20 years ago when cimetidine first came out

While diphenhydramine is listed as an antihistamine, its primary pharmacology is in the lymphatic system working on T cells. So Im not surprised people are trying it for this.

The pharmacotherapeutics of a lot of drugs haven't been studied -no money in it. An example of one, which Im sure readers are familiar with is acetaminophen. Many speculations as to its analgesic action.
Hmmm?

I had a long lasting cough after a bout with the Corona this past winter. Also experienced a really itchy back at night before falling asleep, which started weeks after the tests came up negative. Perusing the internet in an attempt to find out if others were having the same itching symptom, I ran across an item that pointed to some anecdotal info from, of all places, a FB group of a couple of women that a Dr was investigating.

No mention of Tagamet, but their use of benadryl for some of their itching symptoms intrigued me, and they had been reporting a lessening of other long covid symptoms ( some reportedly due to mast cell issues) . We had some benadryl around the house so I took some with the hope of alleviating the itchy back. Lo and behold, the cough went away within a couple of days.

As you said, a sample of one, but I'm keeping the benadryl around for future use.
The largest users of diphenhydramine are mommies who use it to make their kids sleepy at bedtime. Blocks acetylcholine. No CNS effects. No barbiturate habituation.

Getting back to cannabinoids --- When they have been around as long as some of the mentioned drugs, have the safety record, and get a price range that's reasonable------ there will be a new drug out to take there place.

Currently they are a classic example of the placebo effect, with the addition of being something new and out of the ordinary
© 24hourcampfire