Home
Posted By: Bristoe Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-military-would-need-conscription-fight-china-expert
I thought that was the whole point of me being registered for the Selective Service System.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
The draft riots of the Vietnam era and the little dustup going on in France right now won't amount to a hill of beans if they try to draft this crop of potential soldiers we have. Look around at the ones 19 to 22 years old. They aren't going and the way the laws are now the girls would be treated the same as boys. This country will quickly lose its appetite for Ukraine and Taiwan.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots
I thought that was the whole point of me being registered for the Selective Service System.

No kidding.

At any rate....we should wait and see what Twitter says about this before we rush to judgement.
Posted By: hasbeen1945 Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Yes it’s going to get interesting. You can’t trust our government. Who wants to send their kids or grandkids to die in some sh-t hole country. When we all know it’s about politicians getting rich. Hasbeen
Posted By: deltakid Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Take a look at the current generation and tell me that most of them are capable of fighting in the Army -overweight, mentally ill, and a give a sh*t attitude about anything but video games and drugs. I don't think I can believe that we can beat a JV team with them.
Posted By: Gojoe Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
A draft, lol, an ammo shortage, a fuel shortage and a brain shortage in the government as a whole. Just what we need to kill off more of the best of us.

Better off organizing a local marquis to deal with quizlings and various forms of overreach once the invaders arrive.
Posted By: Gojoe Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by deltakid
Take a look at the current generation and tell me that most of them are capable of fighting in the Army -overweight, mentally ill, and a give a sh*t attitude about anything but video games and drugs. I don't think I can believe that we can beat a JV team with them.

Very true, as long as we send soy boys first.
Posted By: logger Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
I wonder how the government will deal with all of the males that suddenly decide to identify as female? Will they hold true to their current virtues and give them all a pass or will they change the law and have selective service apply to all?
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
If it happens you are going to see some serious discrimination in the VERY selective service. Software programs are already written...the big green machine doesn't want or need the snowflake types...they will go after rural and flyover country sons and daughters, young people with their ducks in a row. This inclusive woke diversity schidt looks good on paper in peacetime, officer careers were built on it (Milley)....it will go on the back burner as soon as the shtf. The big green machine knows who and where the raw material for warriors comes from....and they will draw on that demographic pool, heavily. Maybe I'm wrong, but it was common knowledge that recruitment advertising budgets were directed at rural kids.
Posted By: rem shooter Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
does anyone here think these milliniual snowflakes could make it thru a 1980's or before Boot camp like i did ?...I dont think so .they are used to getting there way
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
We can draft all the illegal immigrants into the military. If they survive the war they get citizenship. grin
Posted By: 673 Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
A war with China will likely also take place in North America, the millions of Chicoms here already, and the masses of white commie's will start bombing and trying to kill us all here.
It would become interesting if a volunteer force began dealing with it here....no conscription needed.
Zero Hedge used to be a good source. But they discovered the more peoples buttons they push the more clicks they get.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
I will do everything in my power to keep my grandsons out of the clutches of corrupt politicians and woke military.

FJB
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
I’m a little too old….😊
Posted By: Hastings Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by Morewood
I will do everything in my power to keep my grandsons out of the clutches of corrupt politicians and woke military.

FJB
Me too, and my grand daughters. For that matter I have a 30 year old daughter. Her being an RN would probably put her high on the list as desirable for military service.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
The American people might not be taking the possibility of war seriously. But China and Russia definitely are.

They've seen enough out of the neocon crazies who control the U.S. government.

Russia and China have a much more accurate perspective on what's going on in the U.S.A. than most Americans. Mainly because the U.S. media censors everything that they're doing. Most people in America don't have a clue.
Posted By: StGeorger Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
FIFO - First in, First out. Use the illegal border crossers to fight to earn their citizenship. Will need some Gunny Highways to shape them up.
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by StGeorger
FIFO - First in, First out. Use the illegal border crossers to fight to earn their citizenship. Will need some Gunny Highways to shape them up.

I'll bet they are in better shape then the US citizens that will be drafted.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by Hastings
The draft riots of the Vietnam era and the little dustup going on in France right now won't amount to a hill of beans if they try to draft this crop of potential soldiers we have. Look around at the ones 19 to 22 years old. They aren't going and the way the laws are now the girls would be treated the same as boys. This country will quickly lose its appetite for Ukraine and Taiwan.

I totally agree with this. The only exception I can envision is a bunch of kids willing to sign up to be drone pilots and get their hands on the remote controls to a real machine with weapons. LOL.
Sylvester Stallone would have to hide out in that girls' school in Europe- - - - -just like he did the last time he was in danger of being drafted! He would have lots of company- - - -like Sean Hannity, Newt Gingrich, Carl Rove, and a bunch of other Chickenhawks!
Posted By: JohnBurns Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Pretty sad at how easy the Boomers frighten with Orc agitprop.

As the smart fellas have been sayin it's better to let Ukraine fight with our weapons and show the Orcs and Chicom they are better off stayin home.
Posted By: memtb Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Likely……only conservative Christians will be drafted! memtb
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

It's got nothing to do with "Ork" agitprop. It's got to do with the path the globalists are taking this country on.

Like I said, China knows what's coming.

https://twitter.com/UltraDane/status/1646933760418660352
Posted By: ribka Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

As the smart fellas have been sayin it's better to let Ukraine fight with our weapons and show the Orcs and Chicom they are better off stayin home.

Tell us what you did in the war Daddy!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: 1minute Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Should China really wish to take our ground, they will have a fight on their hands.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
I’ll feed the Chinese and point them to the Left wingers
Posted By: LRoyJetson Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: eric1186 Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by Gojoe
Originally Posted by deltakid

Very true, as long as we send soy boys first.

40% casualty rate before they ever see combat.
I expect the initial casualty rate to far exceed any other war. The troops now are soft and have the wrong fragile mindset.

It really needs to happen though.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Sylvester Stallone would have to hide out in that girls' school in Europe- - - - -just like he did the last time he was in danger of being drafted! He would have lots of company- - - -like Sean Hannity, Newt Gingrich, Carl Rove, and a bunch of other Chickenhawks!

You left out Ted Nugent
Posted By: RufusG Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by StGeorger

I'll bet they are in better shape then the US citizens that will be drafted.

Plus they wouldn't need the escape and evasion training.
Posted By: 2ndwind Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Posted By: ribka Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

TY
Posted By: BeanMan Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

You left out Ted Nugent

Don’t forget Bonespur
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
My 5' 3", 110 lb, eighteen year old grand daughter completed US Army basic and then graduated AIT as a Reserve in Texas two weeks ago. My Son and his Wife, a Marine (ret), went down to the ceremony. Marine? Wife not the Son.

They were certainly not impressed by the current crop of America's Soldiers.

The consensus was, rate of attrition shall be damned high in any real conflict. America no longer has a nation of eighteen year old farm boys to draw on for combat troops. The caveat being, I suppose, neither does any other nation.

Chinese youth, and N Korean kids might be grown in a little tougher environment.
War will be unlike any other using AI. Should one side start to falter, the Big Red Button will come into play. Game over.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Yes it’s going to get interesting. You can’t trust our government. Who wants to send their kids or grandkids to die in some sh-t hole country. When we all know it’s about politicians getting rich. Hasbeen

That is exactly as I remember quoted in the 60s.

And have read that it was said of every conflict since 1776.

I remember when I was in school, folks saying "If we sent Johnson, Congress, and the Senate to Vietnam, this war would be over yesterday.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Already happening in Russia. Putin sending everybody into the grinder. Gonna ban young men from leaving the country.
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Generally speaking, physical fitness is the least of the issues with this generation. They are weak minded and often mentally ill.
Why can't the politicians on both sides of a conflict just meet up somewhere and fight each other, instead of involving a bunch of surrogates?
Posted By: logger Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Already happening in Russia. Putin sending everybody into the grinder. Gonna ban young men from leaving the country.

And they are selecting for certain ethnicities - especially from those from more rebellious regions.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
If people my age were conscripted we'd meet on the battlefield, shake hands, and agree that the whole thing is stupid and then head home.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: Conscription coming? - 04/14/23
How many of you have been drafted? and served in active duty? i would bet very few, I was Drafted in February 1958 before most of you were born, And spent almost 4 years on active duty in the Army, in the day's before civil rights, I can tell you the majority of our young people today #1 wouldn't go, #2 Couldn't pass a physical, or mental tests, they couldn't take little discipline, They would be the biggest bunch of cry baby's in the world, Canada's population would double over night.

The day's of young American fighting men is 80% over, if we were to have to fight a ground war like WW-2 or Korea, you can kiss your ass good bye, Old men start wars young men fight wars, we don't have any young MEN. Rio7
There was time when I believed that.

Having seen all of the pointless wars that we’ve started before and since. I wouldn’t have fought in that one either. Attempting to overthrow a legitimate government, commies absolutely but legitimately elected and 1/2 way around the world. We first got involved in something that wasn’t our business with our CIA and then our drafted men.

Some people never learn. If another country invaded the US because they didn’t like our elections that’s an act of war on their part. The US has been doing that same thing all over the globe for decades all while claiming to be the good guys “spreading freedom” lol.

The US government can pizz away my tax dollars but I’d damn sure draw the line at the government sending me or my kids around the world to fight and possibly get killed over their self serving agenda.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Conscription coming? - 04/15/23

FJB
I feel the same way about my own young son. I'm red blooded as hell, but I don't support wasting our young male American treasure on the types of wars and conflicts that our politicians scheme up these days.
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Conscription coming? - 04/15/23
Originally Posted by BeanMan
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

You left out Ted Nugent

Don’t forget Bonespur

I don't blame any of them for saying no, where does it say that the federal gov't can send you off to fight a war that they want to be involved in ?
Posted By: milespatton Re: Conscription coming? - 04/29/23
Originally Posted by RIO7
How many of you have been drafted? and served in active duty? i would bet very few, I was Drafted in February 1958 before most of you were born, And spent almost 4 years on active duty in the Army, in the day's before civil rights, I can tell you the majority of our young people today #1 wouldn't go, #2 Couldn't pass a physical, or mental tests, they couldn't take little discipline, They would be the biggest bunch of cry baby's in the world, Canada's population would double over night.

The day's of young American fighting men is 80% over, if we were to have to fight a ground war like WW-2 or Korea, you can kiss your ass good bye, Old men start wars young men fight wars, we don't have any young MEN. Rio7

Well as you know I was one that was. Entered the Army Oct. 26 1967. Served the required time, including a tour of Vietnam, and never regretted it, but I doubt that I would do it again.
Reason is that I have lost all faith in our Government. I love my country and will do anything that I can to protect it, but when you don't trust you own Government to provide in your best interest, the only thing left is staying home and protecting your loved ones as best you can. miles
Posted By: rlott Re: Conscription coming? - 04/29/23
Who are they going to conscript? Three quarters of Americans between the age of 17 and 24 are too fat and too stupid to join the military.

GAO Recruitment Report
Posted By: 45_100 Re: Conscription coming? - 04/29/23
Originally Posted by flintlocke
If it happens you are going to see some serious discrimination in the VERY selective service. Software programs are already written...the big green machine doesn't want or need the snowflake types...they will go after rural and flyover country sons and daughters, young people with their ducks in a row. This inclusive woke diversity schidt looks good on paper in peacetime, officer careers were built on it (Milley)....it will go on the back burner as soon as the shtf. The big green machine knows who and where the raw material for warriors comes from....and they will draw on that demographic pool, heavily. Maybe I'm wrong, but it was common knowledge that recruitment advertising budgets were directed at rural kids.

Therefore, starting a large scale war would be a good way to eliminate a lot of potential non-conformists and independent thinkers. All part of the plan. Without that segment of the population, the rest would be easier to control.
Posted By: las Re: Conscription coming? - 04/29/23
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945

This is true.

And so fell the Roman Empire.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Conscription coming? - 04/29/23
I suspect that the U.S. military is going to be increasingly Hispanic. Millions of fighting age Hispanics are flowing into the U.S.A. from all over South America with little prospects for anything beyond day labor.

In fact, I'm surprised that the military is having recruitment problems considering the number of military age Hispanics that have flooded into the country without two nickels to rub together.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Conscription coming? - 04/29/23
Why can't the politicians on both sides of a conflict just meet up somewhere and fight each other, instead of involving a bunch of surrogates?
This in spades
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Conscription coming? - 04/29/23
Originally Posted by bruinruin

FJB
I feel the same way about my own young son. I'm red blooded as hell, but I don't support wasting our young male American treasure on the types of wars and conflicts that our politicians scheme up these days.
There was a time i would have been proud to fight or have my child serve. Those days are gone. We have the most evil politicians, illegally seated and the chaos we have caused around the world is sickening. Ill defend my family, friends and home property if needed, but for damn sure wont allow my child to ever be drafted into this nonsense
I have mixed feelings about it. I’d love seeing the blue haired freaks getting loaded on buses headed to basic training. Their democrat voting parents losing their chit because they’ll see exactly who will be fighting and dying for our deep state masters and the Biden crime family.
Posted By: Osky Re: Conscription coming? - 04/29/23
Opposition will simply pick out nuclear targets within the US that will absorb the most nuclear fall out. A couple will do probably the remote bases the Chinese just sent the spy balloon over. Our government will fold in a heart beat.
This will coincide with a substantial pounding of terrorist attacks from within, originated by all those agents currently walking into our country from the south.

All that confusion will baffle our lib government and they won’t be able concede and hand over all gun ownership records fast enough.

Our fall will be ugly but predictable.

Osky
Posted By: garyh9900 Re: Conscription coming? - 04/29/23
Originally Posted by 1minute
Should China really wish to take our ground, they will have a fight on their hands.
China would formidable opponent for a war fought near China. China does not have the power projection capabilities to be a significant threat to mainland US in a conventional war.
Posted By: dassa Re: Conscription coming? - 04/29/23
Originally Posted by garyh9900
China would formidable opponent for a war fought near China. China does not have the power projection capabilities to be a significant threat to mainland US in a conventional war.
How many Chinese are in our country now? Where do their loyalties lie?
Posted By: norm99 Re: Conscription coming? - 04/29/23
Originally Posted by 673
A war with China will likely also take place in North America, the millions of Chicoms here already, and the masses of white commie's will start bombing and trying to kill us all here.
It would become interesting if a volunteer force began dealing with it here....no conscription needed.

THIS
Posted By: garyh9900 Re: Conscription coming? - 04/30/23
Originally Posted by dassa
5ish million. I would say the loyalties vary widely, however I'm no more worried about the loyalties of Chinese immigrants than I was worried about the loyalties of the 3 million muslim's that we had in the US while we were fighting the war on terror, and the potential for radical loyalty was far higher for the latter than the former. Could there be some terror attacks in the US from Chinese loyalty to the motherland? Yes. Are they going to bring America to its knees? No, and it won't even require a thought of bring back the draft to address.
Posted By: rem shooter Re: Conscription coming? - 04/30/23
Originally Posted by dassa
5ish million. I would say the loyalties vary widely, however I'm no more worried about the loyalties of Chinese immigrants than I was worried about the loyalties of the 3 million muslim's that we had in the US while we were fighting the war on terror, and the potential for radical loyalty was far higher for the latter than the former. Could there be some terror attacks in the US from Chinese loyalty to the motherland? Yes. Are they going to bring America to its knees? No, and it won't even require a thought of bring back the draft to address.
and i am also worried about the loyalty to this country of 20-30 year old Americans .A lot have stated they hate this country and want sociolism and communism.. i dont think they want to fight for this country
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Conscription coming? - 04/30/23

Well, in WWII (you know, the "Greatest Generation" BS. 66% of the armed forces were draftees, whilst Vietnam had the number of draftees at around 25%, most were white, middle class backgrounds and not the other BS that it was fought mainly by minorities. That said, the age range for a total war are males 18-45 and guess what age bracket the chinks target with fentanyl? this coupled with the fact 75% of 18-24 year olds are unfit due to drugs, fatness and stupidness, good luck with that war. Lastly, given the above mentioned state of our youth, not a bad idea to make them serve two years in the armed forces to re-calibrate their decay.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Conscription coming? - 04/30/23
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I suspect that the U.S. military is going to be increasingly Hispanic. Millions of fighting age Hispanics are flowing into the U.S.A. from all over South America with little prospects for anything beyond day labor.

In fact, I'm surprised that the military is having recruitment problems considering the number of military age Hispanics that have flooded into the country without two nickels to rub together.

Hispanics and Negroes have since the late 40s been represented in the ARMY in much higher percentages than their population numbers reflect. Upwards of 40%
Posted By: Oldelkhunter Re: Conscription coming? - 04/30/23
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Well, in WWII (you know, the "Greatest Generation" BS. 66% of the armed forces were draftees, whilst Vietnam had the number of draftees at around 25%, most were white, middle class backgrounds and not the other BS that it was fought mainly by minorities. That said, the age range for a total war are males 18-45 and guess what age bracket the chinks target with fentanyl? this coupled with the fact 75% of 18-24 year olds are unfit due to drugs, fatness and stupidness, good luck with that war. Lastly, given the above mentioned state of our youth, not a bad idea to make them serve two years in the armed forces to re-calibrate their decay.

Jorge no one mentions this fact unfortunately.
Posted By: ribka Re: Conscription coming? - 04/30/23

Hispanics and Negroes have since the late 40s been represented in the ARMY in much higher percentages than their population numbers reflect. Upwards of 40%

especially hispanics. make good marines because they're tough
Posted By: Magnum_Bob Re: Conscription coming? - 04/30/23
During the Vietnam era it would be interesting to see what percentage of minorities were drafted vs % that were given the choice by a judge for criminal charges or enlistment.
Posted By: Whiptail Re: Conscription coming? - 05/01/23

Military service is one way immigrants can quickly get citizenship but maybe not the safest in wartime.
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Conscription coming? - 05/01/23
A war, in this era, that would require conscription would be over real quick.
Posted By: troutfly Re: Conscription coming? - 05/01/23
Originally Posted by 673

That's why Trudeau is attempting to disarm us.
© 24hourcampfire