Home
is your daughter bunking with a male.
5-min.

Not a college guy, or family.

Boy my eyes have been opened over the last few years.
Adults over 18, signing themselves into huge debt, being told they HAD
to stay in dorms. Dorms priced well in excess of other local housing, but the school collects$$$ over their co-opted, unwilling tennents. No choices in room mates. Often chosen because of differences, not similarities.
Being told "You can NOT have a car"!

WTF?
I'm paying $100ķ+, an adult, and being told this [bleep]?

What the hell is wrong with people accepting this crap.
Decades ago? Oh, yeah.
My kid is going to a great school, focused on passing courses run by tough
professors in the class. Housed on campus, supervised and assisted in
successfully completing.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It ain't Mayberry anymore!
At VSU my daughter had a Mexican roommate her first semester in the all girls dorm. Her roommate brought her boyfriend and another negro to camp out in there room. We found out they couldn't stay over 2 consecutive days or more than 12 days a semester. And to make matters worse the rules state that freshmen have to live in the dorms their first year on campus. The front desk called campus police when we got there at 3am, wouldn't let us take our daughter out of the dorm and then told me I needed anger management classes.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

to stay in dorms. Dorms priced well in excess of other local housing, but the school collects$$$ over their co-opted, unwilling tennents. No choices in room mates. Often chosen because of differences, not similarities.

WTF?

Decades ago? Oh, yeah.
successfully completing.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Had one graduate from TAMU four years ago and none of that was a reality.
My youngest starts ULL in the fall. Mandatory for freshman to stay in dorm and buy one of the 2 most expensive meal plans they offer. This is a state school and with a small scholarship of $2400 a year, and TOPS giving another $2800 we are still in the hook for $18,000. Tuition went up $1000 per semester from last year to this year. It’s a damn BS racket. He will have an apartment sophomore year at half the cost. At least he was able to room with his buddy.

Clyde
Sounds like a nice little racket they have going.
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
At VSU my daughter had a Mexican roommate her first semester in the all girls dorm. Her roommate brought her boyfriend and another negro to camp out in there room. We found out they couldn't stay over 2 consecutive days or more than 12 days a semester. And to make matters worse the rules state that freshmen have to live in the dorms their first year on campus. The front desk called campus police when we got there at 3am, wouldn't let us take our daughter out of the dorm and then told me I needed anger management classes.
A Mexican and a negro.
Were the anger management classes expensive?
Originally Posted by BLG
My youngest starts ULL in the fall. Mandatory for freshman to stay in dorm and buy one of the 2 most expensive meal plans they offer. This is a state school and with a small scholarship of $2400 a year, and TOPS giving another $2800 we are still in the hook for $18,000. Tuition went up $1000 per semester from last year to this year. It’s a damn BS racket. He will have an apartment sophomore year at half the cost. At least he was able to room with his buddy.

Clyde

Go somewhere else.

P
What difference does it make
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
What difference does it make
smile
You need anger management classes. Pretty pointless last words. Which is likely what they would be, were someone to tell me that while attempting to refuse my protection of my child. Best thing one could do in that situation is get the hell out of my way and try not to let me get the idea they were any part of the problem at all. Holy hell, where has this world gotten to?
My granddaughter will live at home and go to a community college for at least 2 years. Less than $300 a credit hour. If she decides to go to a 4 year I'm pretty sure it will be on her own dollar. I have a private college 13 miles south of me and a State college 22 miles north of me. I see no reason for any grand kid to live in a dorm unless they are willing to pay for it. The community college is less than 3 miles away and the credits transfer to either college.

College is a racket unless you are damned sure of what field you want to be in and are determined to stick it out. I have a niece who was in a master's program and then got pregnant. She borrowed for every single credit. With 2 kids what are the chances of ever paying it off ??

kwg
Originally Posted by EdM

WTF?

Decades ago? Oh, yeah.
successfully completing.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Had one graduate from TAMU four years ago and not of that was a reality.
I would think that was an exception to the norm.

I attended Michigan State from 94’-98’. Freshman were required to live in the dorms and buy a meal plan unless they had parents or siblings within a few miles radius. We could choose our dorm mate and own a vehicle but vehicle’s had to be kept in a parking lot two miles away making it unpractical for just about anything but driving home on weekends.
Originally Posted by DBT

There is nothing “little” about the college racket. Tuition, financial aid offices hiding commercial loans in “financial aid” packages, predatory behavior on kids that are the first to go to college in their families, suckering kids into majors with virtually no economic benefit, the list goes on and on and on.

When my son was at U of I, the guidance counselor refused to meet with him to develop his degree plan because he was working through school and refusing to take loans. She called it a waste of time because he wasn’t a serious student.

The university system in this country is, for the most part, morally bankrupt.
As almost always, it's parenting and what said parents allow...
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by DBT

There is nothing “little” about the college racket. Tuition, financial aid offices hiding commercial loans in “financial aid” packages, predatory behavior on kids that are the first to go to college in their families, suckering kids into majors with virtually no economic benefit, the list goes on and on and on.

When my son was at U of I, the guidance counselor refused to meet with him to develop his degree plan because he was working through school and refusing to take loans. She called it a waste of time because he wasn’t a serious student.

Well said.

The government sets the professional and occupational qualifications for most careers and owns most of the schools that provide the needed degrees.

The government then essentially owns the loans and is able to keep prices artificially high.

Occupational standards for engineers and MD’s among others is obviously a good thing but for a lot of occupations the government has its thumb on the scales for no good reason other than control and running a racket.

Elementary teachers being required to have a Masters degree for instance or RN’s being pushed towards BS’s when they learn everything that’s useful in clinical’s.
I guess I lucked out with another mechanical engineer in the family.
Originally Posted by EdM
I guess I lucked out with another mechanical engineer in the family.
Most of my roommates were mechanical engineer majors. They were all great ppl with charisma and big personalities.

How did you wind up an insecure a-hole with a bunch of weak chinned kids?
98-03 at Kansas State. Lived off campus entire time, freshman year with 3 juniors/seniors, 2 from my hometown. Don’t think it was required to live on campus. Maybe it was but I never asked. Never have been a crowd person or being forced into social gatherings, so a dorm and cafeteria would have been pure misery to me.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by DBT
Well said. The government sets the professional and occupational qualifications for most careers and owns most of the schools that provide the needed degrees. The government then essentially owns the loans and is able to keep prices artificially high.
Occupational standards for engineers and MD’s among others is obviously a good thing but for a lot of occupations the government has its thumb on the scales for no good reason other than control and running a racket. Elementary teachers being required to have a Masters degree for instance or RN’s being pushed towards BS’s when they learn everything that’s useful in clinical’s.
There is no "university system" nationwide, but many across the country in various states do adhere to the troublesome patterns noted above. But, far from all. In some states there is some gratifying variety, others are more controlling. The differences between public/private, large/small, quality vs. degree mill, etc. can be very big.

TLL identifies some important issues and the drivers for those, at least conceptually, but these negatives are not universal - particularly in the detailed aspects - and there are very rewarding choices/decisions to be made.

Before decisions about where/what to study, thorough research on particulars and strong parent involvement at each step still seem to be big factors for success.

The steady move to an artificially certificated society has taken a toll, in more ways than one would think, and it is saddening.
Originally Posted by DBT

This
it's been ages since colleges were about educating kids. It's a money maker now, and an indoctrination factory.
My daughter had a roommate from China her first year at Penn State. Little digger stayed up all night talking on the phone to people in China until my daughter told her if she was going to do that, she had to go outside. Never changed her sheets and very seldom did laundry. Bought all kinds of food to the room, it smelled like a KFC. We complained to Housing and it did no good.

The next four years she had her own room on campus with private bathroom, it worked out well. My daughter likes just about everyone but she hated that ChiCom!

WTF?

Decades ago? Oh, yeah.
successfully completing.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Liberals have been screwing "The Children" for decades in higher education.
They’ve been in the Business of Cultural Reassignment for Decades..

It is like Pro Sports ..

They Have Scouts and their Allum

They Hand Pick the most likely Students to Further their Utopian Design..

Each School has its own Criteria but All are Using the Marxist Concept of Molding Utopians

They done it quietly and have won I Believe..

Just look at the Corporate Boards after the Bud Light Trans Thing that should have Ended right there but every day we see another Company Will’n to Die for the Cause ..

That’s ingrained ..

From a Business Point .

Suicide..

The Next Leaders will be even more Suicidal..

Just look at the Kids Harassing Street Dinners in Georgetown..

These Psychopaths will be running this Country Soon.

It’s Going to be Showtime if things continue on this Course..

I’ll F’ck You Up even if You got a Thousand Knifes

Say it Again..

The Bud Light Boycott must Continue till the Fever Breaks ..
Originally Posted by Sako76
My daughter had a roommate from China her first year at Penn State. Little digger stayed up all night talking on the phone to people in China until my daughter told her if she was going to do that, she had to go outside. Never changed her sheets and very seldom did laundry. Bought all kinds of food to the room, it smelled like a KFC. We complained to Housing and it did no good.

The next four years she had her own room on campus with private bathroom, it worked out well. My daughter likes just about everyone but she hated that ChiCom!

Living on campus all 5 years, last 4 of which were by herself. She must have developed some awesome social skills.
Originally Posted by APredator
You need anger management classes. Pretty pointless last words. Which is likely what they would be, were someone to tell me that while attempting to refuse my protection of my child. Best thing one could do in that situation is get the hell out of my way and try not to let me get the idea they were any part of the problem at all. Holy hell, where has this world gotten to?
Democrat scum have ruined it
Originally Posted by DBT

Well said.

The government sets the professional and occupational qualifications for most careers and owns most of the schools that provide the needed degrees.

The government then essentially owns the loans and is able to keep prices artificially high.

Occupational standards for engineers and MD’s among others is obviously a good thing but for a lot of occupations the government has its thumb on the scales for no good reason other than control and running a racket.

Elementary teachers being required to have a Masters degree for instance or RN’s being pushed towards BS’s when they learn everything that’s useful in clinical’s.
This sums it up right here. It's a racket. It's a special club and most of us, "we ain't in it". Because we don't have a 4 year degree in something/anything because we chose not to play the game we aren't "in the club".

kwg
Originally Posted by DBT

Well said.

Yep the university system is a state propaganda tool used to keep our kids away from us and steep them in the ways of the state… how to be a good subject… and to get them in debt so they have no choice, all while tell them how unjust it all is…

My youngest son was accepted into a small Christian school near our home from which I graduated. The pres of the school has denounced DEI and got a ton of alumni and parent support for it. Still gonna be a lot of non-sense; my son wants to be a high school history teacher and Ed programs are JAMMED with Communist propaganda.

Would have loved for him to have gone to Hillsdale but he wasn’t as convinced as I…
Originally Posted by EdM

WTF?

Decades ago? Oh, yeah.
successfully completing.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Had one graduate from TAMU four years ago and none of that was a reality.

100% of that is true at Penn State for 1st year students.

Parts of of it are at other state schools.

My questions when I first heard it was,
"I'm 40, would they try that with me?" and
If I lived 20 miles away, are they gonna try to force me into dorms?"

Was never able to question someone who could answer that.
My son had no interest in college.
Went to vocational school, became an electrician.
Says he looks forward to going to work everyday.
Bought his house at age 24.
Living the dream.
Originally Posted by CCCC
There is no "university system" nationwide, but many across the country in various states do adhere to the troublesome patterns noted above. But, far from all. In some states there is some gratifying variety, others are more controlling. The differences between public/private, large/small, quality vs. degree mill, etc. can be very big.

Yes, but no. Through the massive sticks of accreditation, research grant peer reviews, publication peer reviews, and rankings, any college no toe-ing the line will shortly thereafter become a footnote. It’s an ecosystem.

That said, there is a groundswell of incredulity among both the boomer generation as well as the kids coming up through school system at the immorality of the price and quality of a college education. There will be changes, and it would not surprise me if many little fiefdoms will crumble over the next decade.
You were encouraged to stay in the dorms the first year where I went to school.

You folks could sign a paper to let you stay anywhere though.

Dad wanted me to stay in the dorms....so I did.

Thank god I did....made some lifelong friends.

The cafeteria was pay as you went.....maybe that's changed now.
Originally Posted by Stammster

Living on campus all 5 years, last 4 of which were by herself. She must have developed some awesome social skills.

Hey Dickhead, running your stupid mouth about a kid you know nothing about is low class! My daughter had enough with the first roommate to last a lifetime, didn’t want to get caught up in the party seen at Penn State.

She graduated with a 3.96 GPA in accounting, 5 year BS/MS program. CPA and made Vice-President at a major bank at 29 years old. She makes more money in a year than you can count. She is quite popular just like she was in high school. How about you?

PM me if you want to meet up to discuss!

Your daughter was in a situation that warranted calling the police at 3 am., and you left her there?
Living alone would give someone better social skills IMO, it gives a person time to themselves which is important.

Hey Dickhead, running your stupid mouth about a kid you know nothing about is low class! My daughter had enough with the first roommate to last a lifetime, didn’t want to get caught up in the party seen at Penn State.

She graduated with a 3.96 GPA in accounting, 5 year BS/MS program. CPA and made Vice-President at a major bank at 29 years old. She makes more money in a year than you can count. She is quite popular just like she was in high school. How about you?

PM me if you want to meet up to discuss!

BaBoom! Yeah, get some of that “Di**head”. Lolol

Having a private room isn't synonymous with being alone. It means that you can be you without having to deal with a roommate who you may not have much in common with.

I had a roommate my first two year as an undergrad, he ended up marrying a girl who I had dated in high school. I had a single room my last two years and was able to have my girlfriend stay overnight without having to coordinate anything with a roommate. We didn't have any restrictions regarding sleepover guest that I recall, but every wing and floor has an RA to deal with such things. My RA was a guy who I knew from playing high school baseball and had just finished a two year enlistment. He was mostly concerned with drug and alcohol use, the drinking age was 18 in 1975/76.
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson

Your daughter was in a situation that warranted calling the police at 3 am., and you left her there?

Read what he wrote a little more carefully.

P
Those girls should switch their major to pre-med- - - - - -"Free sex change operations"- - - - - -with a weed eater!
Originally Posted by DBT

I bet the car dealers are pissed about getting beat at first dibs on the suckers
Yes, but no. Through the massive sticks of accreditation, research grant peer reviews, publication peer reviews, and rankings, any college no toe-ing the line will shortly thereafter become a footnote. It’s an ecosystem. That said, there is a groundswell of incredulity among both the boomer generation as well as the kids coming up through school system at the immorality of the price and quality of a college education. There will be changes, and it would not surprise me if many little fiefdoms will crumble over the next decade.
I share your observations about the combined "massive sticks of accreditation, research grant peer reviews, publication peer reviews, and rankings", particularly with regard to the large and more "highly rated" institutions. Those prominent examples tend to dominate the scene and to motivate the sweeping statements and negative generalizations seen in this thread. I do not at all disagree with the condemnation of such factors - where they apply.

But, it might be helpful if those interested were to focus upon, and take advantage of the many, many institutional situations that differ from that picture. Individual student anecdotes and horror stories are graphic and seem interesting - and can be educative. But, those do not at portray the broad reality that is open, even in this time of more limited possibilities.

One of the best outcomes of a true higher education is the developed sense and ability to review a situation, sort the truths from the fictions, the positives from the negatives, the promising from the routine, etc. and to make wise choices rather than go with the prevailing winds and currents. Hoping for the best in all cases you may engage.
My daughter thinks she can make a difference. She teaches first grade, but also has a BA in business and is working on her EdD. She has plans to become a superintendent and change the way things are going. We've told her, you can sit back and bitch or you can go out and try to do something about it.
My daughter thinks she can make a difference. She teaches first grade, but also has a BA in business and is working on her EdD. She has plans to become a superintendent and change the way things are going. We've told her, you can sit back and bitch or you can go out and try to do something about it.

Teachers may influence positive change a little, but without supportive and engaged parents most kids are going to follow the path of least resistance. The school districts around the Native American reservations in northeastern Nebraska have a terrible truancy problem, kids just not going to school and parents who don't seem to care. Generational poverty grinding out yet another generation.
This is so good - on the mark - and God bless her for her goals and efforts. And, good on you for advising her as you did. Such successes do not happen in a vacuum.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Teachers may influence positive change a little, but without supportive and engaged parents most kids are going to follow the path of least resistance. The school districts around the Native American reservations in northeastern Nebraska have a terrible truancy problem, kids just not going to school and parents who don't seem to care. Generational poverty grinding out yet another generation.
Astute observation, and all too true. Lack of will and feelings of hopelessness are difficult to overcome, even for the best educators.
One of the best outcomes of a true higher education is the developed sense and ability to review a situation, sort the truths from the fictions, the positives from the negatives, the promising from the routine, etc. and to make wise choices rather than go with the prevailing winds and currents. Hoping for the best in all cases you may engage.

There is no doubt that there are fabulous opportunities in higher ed for education, personal development, and other worth while accomplishments.

And, as you say, anecdotal observations of such stories are great motivators for recruitment into the system.

The system, however, does NOT reward those that achieve those admirable, aspirational accomplishments. The system rewards those who are awarded grants, write papers, and otherwise keep the money coming into the system. The "butts in the seats" are there as just another source of revenue. Individuals in the system may care about individual students, but the system itself cares only about accreditation, rankings, and how much more money they can grow the endowment with.
I advised my son on college, goals and how to accomplish it.

His appointment to the Naval Academy got pulled under Obama to make way for more Gay Students etc. Obama Politically Correct Student crap... So I recommended the local Community College. He got an AA Degree, and EMT certification, and went thru the Paramedic Program. Academically number one student in his class, but in the field, he wasn't always "Assertive enough" on scene, so at the last instance they failed him. He graduated and went to work as an EMT which migrated into a Monitoring Tech at the local Hospital.

Via the Hospital's Educational Reimbursement program, he took 2 courses a semester ( which was 8 weeks) on line at Southern New Hampshire University. Worked Full time but was able to handle the load. ( He graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA ) He completed Healthcare Administration Degree from SNHU. He still works at our local hospital. He could do more, but he's "comfortable" in his job now.

The key thing here tho, he managed to complete 5 full years of college, in the medical field. He has ZERO college debt, and never has had any. I helped him manage his education, the way you would manage a business. In a place were most parents are thrilled if their kid even attended college, and also have a JOB. My son made $60K last year, He's 28 y/o.

He also serves as an Advisor at Mercy Flights Explorer Post over in Medford every Wednesday night., and has since he turned 21.
Well, of course. Our whole society has gone insane with the woke. Where have you been?
Originally Posted by BLG

Clyde

I did not know ULL was doing this. I know plenty of kids that do not stay on campus their freshman year but must be receiving the exemption showing they live with their parents within 40 miles, even though they live in Lafayette apartments. Over the years ULL (USL) has been a good, smaller college. Last week my niece graduated from the nursing program, her and her parents seemed pleased with the university.
I didn’t go to a big school but when I went to enroll they informed me that I’d have to live in the dorms my first year and eat in the cafeteria.

I just said NO, and rented a Sears bungalow down the street for about a third of the cost of a dorm room and cooked my own food. Nobody ever said a word about it after that.
This is happening at Northern KY University.

I doubt you'll see it in the news, I only know because of a national group I belong to.
For the most part, those "must live in our dorms" edicts are driven by $$$ income for the U and those outfits they are in business with. If challenged hard, they cannot make it stick legally but take the gamble that most freshmen/parents will not challenge the requirement.

There was a time when many schools were concerned about helping insure success for new students - getting the best possible start - and so instituted programs and requirements designed toward that end. There are still some schools that do so in the right ways, but that caring approach is gone from higher ed for the most part.

We have grand kids recently, and still, in the mix and have learned a lot through them. All have done VERY well, but with needed attention at times. Two of them now are at one U in an honors program that starts upon entry and the housing/food requirements are reasonable and successful - but that is in one carefully run program.

The higher ed universe in this country has morphed a bunch during the past 40 years, and much of it not in a good way. Choose carefully.
Most dorms these days are set up to encourage failure through immorality.
I think it would be difficult to demonstrate that a particular institution is encouraging "failure through immorality" or even that it is a general goal in higher ed. But, mutually supportive immorality and lack of moral guidance are very real in higher ed and obvious in many campus settings. For the most part, In loco parentis went out the window a long time ago.

Life is real, and the individual must decide who/what/where he or she is going to exist in the array of values and behaviors. But, now it seems that such decisions must be made much earlier in life than was the case years ago.

In all, such a challenge may be a better thing, but this is where the core makeup of a person comes to the fore. Demonstrably, the values failure rate is much higher these days because many young people have not developed the foundation to stake out good positions.

"Bring up a child in the way he/she should go - - -"
I think it would be difficult to demonstrate that a particular institution is encouraging "failure through immorality" or even that it is a general goal in higher ed. But, mutually supportive immorality and lack of moral guidance are very real in higher ed and obvious in many campus settings. For the most part, In loco parentis went out the window a long time ago.
Sure they do. Start with Coed dorms.

That's wonderful and what everybody seems to think they've done. The growing proportion of kids who run off the rails? Instead of actually creating an environment where good decisions are easy, F them, right?

Too bad for those poor bastards, right?
Sure glad when I went back to school I was a 35+year old "returning student" and didn't have to live in the dorms.

I don't think they'd have liked my 11 year old 90lb lab/Rottweiler cross or the 5' tall bird cage with the noisy African Grey parrot.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Sure they do. Start with Coed dorms.
That's wonderful and what everybody seems to think they've done. The growing proportion of kids who run off the rails? Instead of actually creating an environment where good decisions are easy, F them, right?
Too bad for those poor bastards, right?
I never have supported the practice of co-ed dormitories and we never had such where I worked. Our daughters never lived in a co-ed dorm, but post-graduate one did live in a co-ed house with zero poor outcomes.

On the other hand, after many years of experience, it seems that the co-ed concept has led to no worse behavior than one will see on a campus where co-ed dorms are not available, or even in institutions where there are no dorms at all. Experience and evidence do matter. Fundamental moral principles in the person matter far more than the rules and opportunities.

I am not in agreement that great parenting is "what everybody seems to think they've done". Some parents are well aware that they failed to instill the best values and common sense when their kids were young, and some admit that they barely tried. That, in itself, is a huge problem. I find it difficult to wholesale blame the breadth of institutions for poor behavior by students who arrived with little in the realm of ethical, moral or societal principles. There were 17 or 18 years - at least - of important stuff developing before the kid walked onto a college campus.

Most are able to learn only as much as they have prepared themselves to learn. One can blame schools, parents, the culture, etc.. It boils down to an individual matter.
College of Idaho, Caldwell Id, 1974. Student body size 600. Possibly 400 lived on campus.

Cohabitation was OFFICIALLY against policy, but so was smoking grass. The smoking of grass was more prominent than cohabitation. But cohabitation was common enough that it did not did not seem shocking to the students.

But I never heard of complaints from the room mate. Each dorm had a house mother who knew everything that happened under her roof. Accommodations were made for room mates, if desired. Some did not desire.

College kids are typically adults. As such they are expected to make some decisions on their own.
Forcing kids to learn how to not think for themselves while rooming with a tranny.

Biden's Amerika.
Had to live in the dorms my first two years at Tennessee Tech. They sucked, but they were cheaper than an apartment (of course, I moved into an apartment then the fraternity house first chance I got).
I got lucky I guess, I was on the dorm floor with some great guys. Still friends with some to this day.

Only girl in the dorms was the grad student housing director that lived with her husband in an apartment downstairs. She’d come up all pissy when we were playing hallway dodgeball at 1:00am. Dunno what the dumb twit expected, living with about a thousand 18-20 year old boys, but that was 30 odd years ago.
Until Conservatives decide we are going to promote virtue instead of throwing our kids to the wolves, we will keep losing.

https://education.seattlepi.com/living-coed-vs-singlesex-dorms-3285.html

In coed housing, proximity of the opposite sex tends to create a more casual attitude toward sexual activity. When surveyed about sex, the majority of students in gender-specific housing reported that they had not had any sexual partners in the past year. On the other hand, close to 60 percent of students in coed housing reported at least one sexual partner. Almost 13 percent of those had three or more partners.

https://education.seattlepi.com/single-sex-schools-boost-selfesteem-3150.html

The study showed that 56 percent of students in coed housing had a sexual partner in the last year compared to 37 percent in single-sex housing. It determined that students in coed dorms are more than twice as likely to have had three or more sexual experiences compared to students in single-sex housing. Garvey said 20 percent of young women who have had two or more sexual partners in the last year suffer from depression, which is almost double the rate for abstinent women.

You'd think this would be common sense.
Maybe so many of us are ignorant due to propaganda and censorship. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Until Conservatives decide we are going to promote virtue instead of throwing our kids to the wolves, we will keep losing.

https://education.seattlepi.com/living-coed-vs-singlesex-dorms-3285.html

In coed housing, proximity of the opposite sex tends to create a more casual attitude toward sexual activity. When surveyed about sex, the majority of students in gender-specific housing reported that they had not had any sexual partners in the past year. On the other hand, close to 60 percent of students in coed housing reported at least one sexual partner. Almost 13 percent of those had three or more partners.

https://education.seattlepi.com/single-sex-schools-boost-selfesteem-3150.html

The study showed that 56 percent of students in coed housing had a sexual partner in the last year compared to 37 percent in single-sex housing. It determined that students in coed dorms are more than twice as likely to have had three or more sexual experiences compared to students in single-sex housing. Garvey said 20 percent of young women who have had two or more sexual partners in the last year suffer from depression, which is almost double the rate for abstinent women.

You'd think this would be common sense.
Maybe so many of us are ignorant due to propaganda and censorship. Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Girls in gender-specific housing are ugly.

P
I can’t say that I met anyone (man or woman) during my tenure at TTU, whose goal was to graduate a virgin. And that was 30 years ago. As a matter of fact, there was a legend that had been on the campus since the 50’s that should a virgin graduate Tech, the bronze eagle statue would take flight from Derryberry Hall.

Through the the time I was there, there were no co-ed dorms and visiting hours were enforced (though no silly rules about having to keep your door open while having a guest in your room).

College has never been a place for the nurturing of virtue. You just have to trust your kids to make half ass decent decisions. Barring that, there’s always seminary schools and convents.
Originally Posted by Potsy
I can’t say that I met anyone (man or woman) during my tenure at TTU, whose goal was to graduate a virgin. And that was 30 years ago. As a matter of fact, there was a legend that had been on the campus since the 50’s that should a virgin graduate Tech, the bronze eagle statue would take flight from Derryberry Hall.
No Engineering school, huh? laugh
Sex in College?

Many of the upper classmen went out of their way to find out which of the incoming freshman girls was a PK. (Preachers Kid). There several in every Freshman Class, as Presbyterian Clergy sent their kids to College tuition free.

Those Freshman PKs were well known as easy prey for predatory males.

And speaking of predatory males. A Sophomore man, (19 YO) ((1975) in a single sex dorm, made a substantial bet with several other males in the dorm that he could screw seven different women in his dorm room before Homecoming. Each time he took a girl to his room, the other guys would go into the communications room and listen over the intercom. Usually six to ten voyeurs listening in. They had to verify the screwing took place.

And yes, the slimy piece of schitt won his bet. I later heard he graduated and was managing a bank in Boise. Yeah sure, I want him looking after my assets.
The year my brother got his EE degree from Tennessee Tech, the eagle had been removed for some much-needed maintenance and repainting. The front page of the yearbook showed a picture of Derryberry Hall with the caption "THE EAGLE FLIES!"
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
The year my brother got his EE degree from Tennessee Tech, the eagle had been removed for some much-needed maintenance and repainting. The front page of the yearbook showed a picture of Derryberry Hall with the caption "THE EAGLE FLIES!"
😂🤣😂🤣
© 24hourcampfire