Home
Posted By: hanco Warning shots - 05/26/23
My mom never got on my ass much, but when my grandmother said “ You better watch your p’s and q’s”, cshit was going to hit the fan if I didn’t straighten up quick. She wasn’t fooling around when she said that. My stepfather gave no warnings.

Did your parents have particular things they said before you got whacked?
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
My glass is full. I knew to get my butt far away.
Posted By: Winchester21 Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
I can only remember getting laid a hand on once or twice when I was growing up. But my Dad had a look that spoke everything he needed it to. It must have worked as he is 96 and I'm going to be 69 soon and I still avoid his disapproval.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
Yeah. Get the belt.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
One, Two, Three, Go cut a switch!

You better knock your schitt off quick if you heard One. 'Cause it did not take long to get from there to switch.

Dad was calm tempered. He gave warnings and meted out discipline as needed and warranted. He NEVER struck out in anger.

Mom would just lose her mind and beat the Hell out of any offender.
Posted By: saddlering Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
My dad had that look, other might snap his fingers, to get you that look! One warning was it.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
My Dad was in some bad combat in the Pacific. His presence was a warning shot. Intentionally doing anything around him that might piss him off wasn't a consideration. He was plenty easy to piss off accidentally.

Actually, being pissed off was just his typical baseline.
Posted By: earlybrd Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
My dad was old as fugk and smoked 2 packs a day he never could catch me 🤣🤣
Posted By: logger Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
My mom's warning was calling me by my full first, middle and last name. That was the warning.
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
When I'd hear the expression "boy!", I knew I'd went about as far as it was advisable.

My daughter said she knew she was at the limit when she heard both first and middle name.
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Run????

Not a chance! Not if we EVER intended to come home. 'Sides I knew damned good and well, if Dad figured I needed my butt beat, I had well and truly fugged up.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Run????

Not a chance! Not if we EVER intended to come home. 'Sides I knew damned good and well, if Dad figured I needed my butt beat, I had well and truly fugged up.
Run like hell 🤣I did get some throw down ass chewing after the fact
Posted By: Beoceorl Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
My parents could fire a shot across the bow without saying a word. I new by the look in their eyes that the boom was about to drop.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
"Just wait until your father gets home!"

Uh oh..
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Yeah. Get the belt.

Today ?

Judge in court
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
Raised by my Grandparents who were also my best friends. And while they were the last, I'd want to disrespect, both knew how to use a switch pulled from the bush at the back door. Funny a switch, I don't think anyone today even knows what that is, or even if it would come up in a google search.

Phil
Posted By: APredator Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
Dad was a carpenter, in the days before nailguns. With all that implies. He swung a hammer all day, came home hot and tired. Comes in the door, and Mom, who always was a bit shrill and excitable, better not have any reason to mention you(me) in a negative way. When she did, that 30 inch long piece of wood ripped from the 1.5” side of a 2x4 that was about 3/8” thick would come off the top of the fridge and light up the azz.

Last whippin I ever got, he started in, and I burst out laughing. Don’t know why, it wasn’t at all funny, but I was laughing. He whipped me until he got tired(quite a while), and that was the end of it. After that, them parents started coming up with less kinetic punishments, and some of them made me wish they would just whip me instead.
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
Originally Posted by hanco
My mom never got on my ass much, but when my grandmother said “ You better watch your p’s and q’s”, cshit was going to hit the fan if I didn’t straighten up quick. She wasn’t fooling around when she said that. My stepfather gave no warnings.

Did your parents have particular things they said before you got whacked?

Ironic. My mother’s mother would say exactly the same thing, and it meant same too.

My Dad would just say “go get The Belt”.

I thought it was particularly sadistic making us retrieve the instrument of the beating from his closet.
We taught our kids at a young age glad we did
Posted By: ERK Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
Mom was nuts and beat the hell out of Me with the old wire flyswatter. Never got hit by my dad. I respected him to much to want to have him mad at me. Edk
Posted By: Ohio7x57 Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
I got the belt and the switch when I was a kid. Usually deserved it. My Dad didn’t say anything. He just got this crazed pizzed off look. I knew I was in for a butt whuppin.

Ron
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
After Mom, a Saint that never dealt an undeserved punishment, broke several yardsticks over my well toned and bony little ass Mom grew frustrated by the fact I relished in the destruction of another yardstick (free at Standard Brands…what kind of perverse store does that?) Mom decided to actually PURCHASE a metal yardstick. I explained to my younger siblings the significance of that fact and we all knew that this foretold of many spankings with no chance of breakage but the FACT Mom PAID for it meant Mom was serious!

The metal yardstick made a particularly heinous sound when Mom “unsheathed” it from alongside the furnace and pipes that held it in place. It sounded like what I imagine Excalibur sounded like when it was draw for battle. I can still hear it being unsheathed and Mom smacking the walls as she grew closer. I know now that the walls and the furnace took far more beatings than us kids but it was a sound to strike fear in young butts.

I’d happily take the biggest whipping of my life if I could have one more day with my Mom….

PS….By the time I moved out of the house at 18 that yardstick was so bent and battle-worn that I don’t think it was 28” long from end to end. 😂
Posted By: Bull64 Re: Warning shots - 05/26/23
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Yeah. Get the belt.

Those 3 words…
Posted By: Distridr Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23

FAFO

My Dad was still track star fast.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
Originally Posted by Distridr

FAFO

My Dad was still track star fast.

But don’t you have to go home at some point? I could outrun dad and I could climb trees better than Mom but I knew that I’d eventually get hungry and tired…..😂
Posted By: Jericho Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
my dads step brother would beat the crap out of his kids like he was fighting a man, knock them down, kick them etc. I have often wondered how many of them beat up their kids when they were grown..........
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
I’m surprised cashlessqueen hasn’t posted.

He’s the fire’s expert on “warning shots”.

Immediate condition one in case of a driver pushing a perimeter dog out of his vehicle and ready to torch some off in his direction

Also, if a light is near his structure 500 yards away, shots will be fired overhead

😂😂😂😂
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
GODDAMIT ROGER...
Posted By: APredator Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Immediate condition one in case of a driver pushing a perimeter dog out of his vehicle and ready to torch some off in his direction

Also, if a light is near his structure 500 yards away, shots will be fired overhead

😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂

Sounds like a hell of a tenant. You probably oughta raise that rent from free, even if your head is a total ghetto dump. 😂
Posted By: bubbajay Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
The belt was easy, it made more noise than it actually hurt.

The wire coat hanger stung a bit.
Posted By: MarineHawk Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
When my mother added my middle name when addressing me, I knew it was time to stop and make amends.
Posted By: erikj Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
I might've said something to my mom, that I still regret. Dad appeared outta thin air. No warning. I learned something that day. A few things actually.
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
Originally Posted by APredator

😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂

Sounds like a hell of a tenant. You probably oughta raise that rent from free, even if your head is a total ghetto dump. 😂

SOCKPUPPET
Posted By: blanket Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
Dad was the only man to knock me out with a punch. After action report he wished he hadn't
Posted By: DryPowder Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
My mom was a miserable bitch on her best days and batscheitt crazy on her worst.

There's nothing like being sound a sleep when your a kid and a [bleep] lunatic busting into your room at two or three in the morning raising hell and busting your azz for no reason.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
After my Dad, may God Rest his soul, made me piss my pants one time that was the only time it took! Next lessons learned was I didn't tell Dad or Mom to wait a minute!!
Posted By: blindshooter Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
My mother never said "when your father gets home". She took care of business right on the spot. She started teaching school in the late 50's. That woman was a professional azz whooper.

She could cause me to lock up, stand or sit still as the dead with one look.

Never got a whipping I didn't deserve though.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
I knew I'd crossed the line when Mom sent me out to cut a switch off the big willow in the back yard. My wife said her mother carried a big wooden spoon in a quick draw holster.

One time my little sister discovered that if she cried and said I'd hit her, I'd get spanked. The 2d time she tried that, I figured that I was getting spanked anyway so let's make it for a reason. POW. There was no 3d time.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
Originally Posted by stxhunter
GODDAMIT ROGER...

About the same for me.
Posted By: mark shubert Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
When Mom started roll call, somebody was in trouble!
If she threw my only sister's name into the mix - somebody was likely to wish they died!
(6 boys, 1 girl!)
Posted By: pete53 Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
my dad had a bad temper , mean and was a golden gloves fighter so if we got out of line he beat the heck out of us ,but when i got to be around 16 he left us alone by then i was good with the gloves too , so dad then just yelled at us more .by mother broke a few brooms over us when she got pissed at us and we just laughed but she would say those words of fear : just wait tell your Dad gets home .
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
Lol, My Dad would say, "If you don't get your schit together your ass is grass and I'm the lawn mower".

Boy that brings back memories.
Posted By: River_Ridge Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
When I heard "by the humpin' Jesus" I knew I was about to get either the belt or yardstick.
I usually deserved it.
Posted By: 1beaver_shooter Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
Yea I heard that go pick out your switch till I was tired of it, one day I got accused of something I didn't do and was told to get the switch, came back with a hunk of 2x4 about the size of a baseball bat and told him to make damn sure he killed me . Left me alone after that.
Posted By: hanco Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
We had a large fig tree. Switches were limber, lots of whip to them. They hurt! I took a cutting off of it, looking out the window at it now.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
Originally Posted by logger
My mom's warning was calling me by my full first, middle and last name. That was the warning.

Same here. Well... actually no. That wasn't the warning. There was no warning. That was the warm up.
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Warning shots - 05/27/23
My mom used a 16” rule, my dad a belt. I was fortunate to live in a household where the beatings that were administered were warranted and justified. We acted up, we got disciplined.
© 24hourcampfire