-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I got the belt and the switch when I was a kid. Usually deserved it. My Dad didn’t say anything. He just got this crazed pizzed off look. I knew I was in for a butt whuppin.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
After Mom, a Saint that never dealt an undeserved punishment, broke several yardsticks over my well toned and bony little ass Mom grew frustrated by the fact I relished in the destruction of another yardstick (free at Standard Brands…what kind of perverse store does that?) Mom decided to actually PURCHASE a metal yardstick. I explained to my younger siblings the significance of that fact and we all knew that this foretold of many spankings with no chance of breakage but the FACT Mom PAID for it meant Mom was serious!

The metal yardstick made a particularly heinous sound when Mom “unsheathed” it from alongside the furnace and pipes that held it in place. It sounded like what I imagine Excalibur sounded like when it was draw for battle. I can still hear it being unsheathed and Mom smacking the walls as she grew closer. I know now that the walls and the furnace took far more beatings than us kids but it was a sound to strike fear in young butts.

I’d happily take the biggest whipping of my life if I could have one more day with my Mom….

PS….By the time I moved out of the house at 18 that yardstick was so bent and battle-worn that I don’t think it was 28” long from end to end. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Yeah. Get the belt.

Those 3 words…

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by earlybrd
My dad was old as fugk and smoked 2 packs a day he never could catch me 🤣🤣

FAFO

My Dad was still track star fast.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Distridr
Originally Posted by earlybrd
My dad was old as fugk and smoked 2 packs a day he never could catch me 🤣🤣

FAFO

My Dad was still track star fast.

But don’t you have to go home at some point? I could outrun dad and I could climb trees better than Mom but I knew that I’d eventually get hungry and tired…..😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
my dads step brother would beat the crap out of his kids like he was fighting a man, knock them down, kick them etc. I have often wondered how many of them beat up their kids when they were grown..........

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m surprised cashlessqueen hasn’t posted.

He’s the fire’s expert on “warning shots”.

Immediate condition one in case of a driver pushing a perimeter dog out of his vehicle and ready to torch some off in his direction

Also, if a light is near his structure 500 yards away, shots will be fired overhead

😂😂😂😂

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
GODDAMIT ROGER...

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by rcamuglia

Immediate condition one in case of a driver pushing a perimeter dog out of his vehicle and ready to torch some off in his direction

Also, if a light is near his structure 500 yards away, shots will be fired overhead

😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂

Sounds like a hell of a tenant. You probably oughta raise that rent from free, even if your head is a total ghetto dump. 😂

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
The belt was easy, it made more noise than it actually hurt.

The wire coat hanger stung a bit.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When my mother added my middle name when addressing me, I knew it was time to stop and make amends.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I might've said something to my mom, that I still regret. Dad appeared outta thin air. No warning. I learned something that day. A few things actually.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by APredator

😂😂😂😂

😂😂😂😂

Sounds like a hell of a tenant. You probably oughta raise that rent from free, even if your head is a total ghetto dump. 😂

SOCKPUPPET

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Dad was the only man to knock me out with a punch. After action report he wished he hadn't

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My mom was a miserable bitch on her best days and batscheitt crazy on her worst.

There's nothing like being sound a sleep when your a kid and a [bleep] lunatic busting into your room at two or three in the morning raising hell and busting your azz for no reason.

I'm here to increase my social credit score and rub elbows with some of the highest rollers on the internet.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
After my Dad, may God Rest his soul, made me piss my pants one time that was the only time it took! Next lessons learned was I didn't tell Dad or Mom to wait a minute!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My mother never said "when your father gets home". She took care of business right on the spot. She started teaching school in the late 50's. That woman was a professional azz whooper.

She could cause me to lock up, stand or sit still as the dead with one look.

Never got a whipping I didn't deserve though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I knew I'd crossed the line when Mom sent me out to cut a switch off the big willow in the back yard. My wife said her mother carried a big wooden spoon in a quick draw holster.

One time my little sister discovered that if she cried and said I'd hit her, I'd get spanked. The 2d time she tried that, I figured that I was getting spanked anyway so let's make it for a reason. POW. There was no 3d time.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by stxhunter
GODDAMIT ROGER...

About the same for me.

I am MAGA.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
When Mom started roll call, somebody was in trouble!
If she threw my only sister's name into the mix - somebody was likely to wish they died!
(6 boys, 1 girl!)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

703 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 163bc, 10ring1, 007FJ, 81 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,732
Posts18,494,843
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.