Home
Posted By: steve4102 Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
McKevin and Biden have reached a “compromise” on Raising the debt ceiling.

McKevin said a deal has been reached “in principle “. I guess that mean it has not been put to paper yet.

Some Republicans are praising the deal, others no so much.

Guess the next few days Will tells us how much McKevin as given in to.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
This was always going to happen. It’s what they do. Republicans are too chicken to just go along with the democrats plan without waiting until the last minute. They will accept whatever democrats want and claim they negotiated some stuff they wanted. This is how we got this multi trillion debt.
Posted By: ihookem Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
He cant bite off more than he can chew, and there is no way to just balance the budget in one year. No one would go for it, not even the people, cause if they did balance it in one day it would shock the markets and millions would protest. The left knows it and uses it to their advantage .
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Originally Posted by ihookem
He cant bite off more than he can chew, and there is no way to just balance the budget in one year. No one would go for it, not even the people, cause if they did balance it in one day it would shock the markets and millions would protest. The left knows it and uses it to their advantage .
Who said anything about a balance budget, this is about the debt ceiling.
Posted By: Potsy Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
“Deal” was gonna happen all along and likely done weeks ago.
Our “leaders” aren’t going to let anything happen that will take money out of their pockets.
Taking it down to the wire was just drama for the so called voters.

Bread and circuses……..
Posted By: RAM Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Odd terminology for people who have no Principals.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Originally Posted by Potsy
“Deal” was gonna happen all along and likely done weeks ago.
Our “leaders” aren’t going to let anything happen that will take money out of their pockets.
Taking it down to the wire was just drama for the so called voters.

Bread and circuses……..

Most likely, just more Kabuki theater to appease the peons.

DC is DC after all & as long as it exists, that's how things will be.

MM
Posted By: memtb Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Yep! I’m sure that, once again, we have a compromise. Compromise means the American people lose again! 🤬 memtb
Posted By: cfran Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
I’m not sure how we would really know the answer to that without seeing the details. But the Dems are pissed at Biden for caving so I’m thinking the R’s at least accomplished something good.
Posted By: TimZ Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Sounds like the “Conservative “ Rs don’t like the deal (notice the quotations there) or the Left wing Dems, so maybe it has a chance.
Posted By: Seafire Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
This nation is so close to the edge of the cliff, I for one am glad I'm a Senior Citizen. But I certainly feel for my children and those I'll leave behind, with what future this nation will be... it certainly isn't the nation all of us were born in anymore.

refer to the post another forum member put up about Putin's Analysis of the West. Carbon copy of Soviet Russia after WW 1.
Posted By: jimone Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
He should face a challenge to his speakership before he caves.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Originally Posted by jimone
He should face a challenge to his speakership before he caves.
Gotta wonder if the group that delayed his speakership will boot him if he McCaves.
Posted By: Steve Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Chip Roy ain't happy about it. Here's a link to a thread where he tears it apart.

https://twitter.com/chiproytx/status/1662711273274974208

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Just theater, was there ever any doubt the GOP would cave?
Posted By: Morewood Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Uniparty wins again.
[Linked Image from blogger.googleusercontent.com]
Posted By: TBREW401 Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Just more dog & pony rino show
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
It’s a complete sellout ! McCarthy barely got a fig leaf to cover himself. It also sells out any future leverage the republicans might have. The passed 1.5 trillion dollar debt ceiling bill would have set up another debt showdown before the election where we could have negotiated even more. McCarthy is pure UniParty. Green , Goetz , Roy , etc should move to vacate the chair and really put up a fight. They won’t because they’re just controlled opposition.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Put it this way. I didn't sell my treasuries.

Lol.

Nothing but Kabuki theater.
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Whether he did or didn't, the GOP will tear itself apart just trying to figure out what to do...

Phil
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Whether he did or didn't, the GOP will tear itself apart just trying to figure out what to do...

Phil

You just can’t resist even though not one person here respects your opinion. Go away.
Posted By: dassa Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23

Phil
You should probably concentrate more on trying to figure out your cable bill.
Posted By: rainshot Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Chip Roy likely signed his death warrant for re-election when he indorsed DeSanatary for president. As for the much-discussed cliff; we jumped off that years ago. Biden just tied anvils to our legs so to speak. Delaying the death of our monetary system won't do any good. It's already been destroyed. Might as well get it over with because they don't have the fortitude to fight to revive it.
Posted By: Steve Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Looks like there will be no debt ceiling for the next several months. Then they're supposed to reimpose it at some negotiated level. Which means it will never be put in place again.

Seems like a cave of Carlsbad proportions.
Posted By: erikj Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23

Phil
Fact check: Mostly correct. There's still a few republicans that care about the country's future. The Rinos and the commies are united in the destruction of the country for a quick buck.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Originally Posted by Seafire
This nation is so close to the edge of the cliff, I for one am glad I'm a Senior Citizen. But I certainly feel for my children and those I'll leave behind, with what future this nation will be... it certainly isn't the nation all of us were born in anymore..
You got THAT right...and I agree with you re: being a senior citizen..
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23

Phil
Kinda like your kghunt, Phil. Now GFY
Posted By: Greyghost Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Yep, that's why the trump clan was allowed to raise the debt so much and was quickly allowed to raise the debt ceiling 3 times... Sure, funny how that works!

Phil
Yep, that's why the trump clan was allowed to raise the debt so much and was quickly allowed to raise the debt ceiling 3 times... Sure, funny how that works!

Phil

Phil, must be nice to always know you are right. Again, try the Huffington Post, they will agree with you.
Posted By: ihookem Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/28/23
Originally Posted by steve4102
Who said anything about a balance budget, this is about the debt ceiling.

It has a lot to do with balancing the budget. If you can't balance the budget, you need to stop raising the debt ceiling first. The long goal is a balanced budget . Likely wont happen however.
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/29/23
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

Nope.
Posted By: akrange Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/29/23
I like the Work Rule for Food Stamps was raised to 54 years
Old ..

Oh and the 4 Trillion Spending Ceiling over Two Years ..

Two Years that’s Nice ..

It should be obvious why they need 8k New IRS Agents..

Kevin is a Totalitarian…

They all Know what must be Done to stave off a Depression.
Posted By: Boarmaster123 Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/29/23
If all people living in this country had to pay every year for the money spent by their elected officials it only take one election cycle to completely change how they vote. Right now its easy to vote for all this spending because the voter doesn't feel the pain in their wallet.
Their government just puts it on their credit card. When thats maxed out they just increase the limit. If everyone had skin in the game it would be a whole different ball game.
Posted By: poboy Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/29/23
qbama era added $9 trillion to national debt.
Posted By: Orion2000 Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/29/23
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
... Most likely, just more Kabuki theater to appease the peons. ...

MM

Nailed it...
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/29/23
as mentioned, all this was just theater to fool the masses. There were no 'negotiations'
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/29/23
Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
If all people living in this country had to pay every year for the money spent by their elected officials it only take one election cycle to completely change how they vote. Right now its easy to vote for all this spending because the voter doesn't feel the pain in their wallet.
Their government just puts it on their credit card. When thats maxed out they just increase the limit. If everyone had skin in the game it would be a whole different ball game.
Pretty much hit the nail on the head. Growing up I was told, you can't get blood out of a turnip.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/29/23
As of Sunday morning, McKevin says it’s still not in written form. Most everything so far is speculation.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/29/23
Here are some details mixed with some propaganda.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spenc...ing-about-the-debt-ceiling-deal-n2623789
Posted By: SupFoo Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/29/23
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Most likely, just more Kabuki theater to appease the peons.

McCarthy’s debt-ceiling deal with Biden comes up short on his vow to rein in IRS

Kevin McCarthy trumpeted a debt-ceiling deal Sunday, but increasing debt another $4 trillion with minimal concessions is nothing to boast about.

To be fair, the House speaker has a razor slim majority and Republicans don’t control the Senate, where Minority Leader Mitch McConnell and his sidekick Lindsey Graham have announced that the only thing they care about is Ukraine.

But McCarthy’s one dealbreaker should have been his promise to defund President Biden’s massive $80 billion to turbocharge an already weaponized IRS.

This was the totemic centerpiece of his pitch to become speaker.

It was the most memorable promise of the Republicans’ midterm campaign to win back the House.

It struck a chord with voters, wary of funding a new “army” of armed IRS agents to harass middle-class families and small business owners and abuse their powers to target political dissidents, Soviet-style.

“Our very first bill will repeal the funding for 87,000 new IRS agents,” McCarthy vowed.

“You see, we believe government should be to help you, not go after you.”

Sure enough, the House voted 221-210 to repeal the extra IRS funding.

In the debt-ceiling deal outlined Sunday and due to be inked later this week, McCarthy has allowed the lion’s share of that extra IRS funding to remain unmolested: preserving $78.1 billion of the $80 billion.

As rebel GOP Rep Dan Bishop put it: “So there will be 85,260 more IRS agents rather than 87,000 to eat you alive. Big win.”

You don’t mount a powerful six-month fear campaign about 87,000 new, armed IRS agents ready to break down people’s doors, and then meekly capitulate at the first sign of resistance.

Even if those fears were exaggerated, your credibility rests on delivering a lot more than 2% of what you promised.

In any case the fears about a weaponized IRS targeting Biden’s opponents are very real.

More here:

https://nypost.com/2023/05/28/mccar...n-comes-up-short-on-vow-to-reign-in-irs/

McCarthy was put in place to enable The Swamp. He will be well paid for his efforts

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/30/23
The Debt Ceiling Deal From Hell

https://townhall.com/columnists/jeffcrouere/2023/05/29/the-debt-ceiling-deal-from-hell-n2623798

Good read.

In a nutshell, protects All of Biden’s programs and agenda, removes all House Leverage for the remainder of Biden’s term, funds the 87,000 New IRS agents and kicks America’s middle class right in the nuts.

Biden is laughing his ass off right now.
Posted By: RAM Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/30/23
Originally Posted by steve4102
The Debt Ceiling Deal From Hell

https://townhall.com/columnists/jeffcrouere/2023/05/29/the-debt-ceiling-deal-from-hell-n2623798

Good read.

In a nutshell, protects All of Biden’s programs and agenda, removes all House Leverage for the remainder of Biden’s term, funds the 87,000 New IRS agents and kicks America’s middle class right in the nuts.

Biden is laughing his ass off right now.

Well maybe not Biden because he dosen't even know when its time to change his diaper, but the Handlers are smiling I'm sure.
Posted By: kwg020 Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/30/23
We need a republican Senate to really make a difference. As long as elections are stolen, that will never happen. If election fraud doesn't get fixed this election (2024) America is lost forever.

kwg

Just to edit. Any House member can vote against this deal. No one is holding them to it if their constituents don't like it. They know the risks of voting against or for it. I hope they consult with their voters before they make their vote.

kwg
Originally Posted by kwg020
We need a republican Senate to really make a difference. As long as elections are stolen, that will never happen. If election fraud doesn't get fixed this election (2024) America is lost forever.

kwg

Just to edit. Any House member can vote against this deal. No one is holding them to it if their constituents don't like it. They know the risks of voting against or for it. I hope they consult with their voters before they make their vote.

kwg

The 15 or so freedom caucus members that held up his election as speaker could stop this by voting NO.

The problem is that this is such a sweet deal for Team Biden, most if not all Democrats will vote Yes.

Biden has told the DNC to approve this deal, so they will.

You Know it’s bad when theDemocrats will be the ones getting it passed.
The Republicans always cave on the ceiling. It's a joke. Their position should be, it's the law, and you have to live by it, and that's that.
Posted By: reivertom Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/30/23
Did the sun come up?
Posted By: RAM Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/30/23
You would have to show some degree of resistance in order to ultimately "cave". He bent over and grabbed his ankles.
Originally Posted by RAM
You would have to show some degree of resistance in order to ultimately "cave". He bent over and grabbed his ankles.
True, so the question is now, how many of the Freedom Caucus members that held up his Speaker election will CAVE and vote for this.

Jordan has already said it’s a Great Deal.
Posted By: akrange Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/30/23
Are Gett’n the Feeling that their All in this Together.

Hahahaha Hahahaha

F’ck All

Stands the All Time Losers.

That Got Cha By the Balls ..

When it’s time Squeeze it won’t be Lemons ..

It will be Everything You Own ..

Hahahaha Hahahaha

At least you know it’s Cum’n
Posted By: arky65 Re: Did McCarthy Cave? - 05/30/23
McCarthy cave, he has been all in Uniparty since he was first elected.
© 24hourcampfire