Home
Good day everyone,

So, after 40 years of continuous active duty service...today ends my terminal leave. I am officially on the retired rolls tomorrow. Enlisted in 82, made chief in 95, was commissioned an ensign in 98 and retired as an O6. It's been an honor to serve alongside the youth of America during every decade that I served.

Despite the meme's online, your military is a representation of society, the good and bad. For the most part, you have people who go well beyond expectations doing what is right for the Nation. We've had good times in bad places, and bad times too. You really gain a close family when in the service, that is loyal and honorable.

For those that are still active, stay motivated, the retirement seems awesome so far...everyday is Saturday, and I wake up now at 0430...because I want to walk the dog and spend quality time with her...not because the alarm clock is mocking me to get up...I no longer set an alarm.

-John
Congratulations on a long career and thank you for your service!
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
Good day everyone,

So, after 40 years of continuous active duty service...today ends my terminal leave. I am officially on the retired rolls tomorrow. Enlisted in 82, made chief in 95, was commissioned an ensign in 98 and retired as an O6. It's been an honor to serve alongside the youth of America during every decade that I served.

Despite the meme's online, your military is a representation of society, the good and bad. For the most part, you have people who go well beyond expectations doing what is right for the Nation. We've had good times in bad places, and bad times too. You really gain a close family when in the service, that is loyal and honorable.

For those that are still active, stay motivated, the retirement seems awesome so far...everyday is Saturday, and I wake up now at 0430...because I want to walk the dog and spend quality time with her...not because the alarm clock is mocking me to get up...I no longer set an alarm.

-John

Thank for serving America & congrats........enjoy !
That’s great. You are too young to retire though. After a break I bet you are back at it with something
Congrats!

You earned this time....enjoy it!
Good on ya!
...Thank you for your service.
Thank you for that long career and congratulations! Enjoy a well earned retirement!
Congrats & THANK YOU for your service.
Congrats John, and thank you for your service.
Congratulations, LW. Isn't it rare to enlist and retire as an 06?

Regardless, well done!!
Thank you for your service.

May God Bless you and the USA.
BMT
Congratulations!
Thanks John!

Enjoy your retirement!
Congratulations and thank you for your service. May you have a long happy retirement.
Thank you for your service LeakyWaders, I truly admire military people like you.

I salute you and wish you an awesome retirement, Sir!
Bet u got some stories! Thank you for the time,effort and sacrifice u have made for this country sir.
John, Thank you for your service. May God Bless you with a long, healthy and happy life!
Congrats on your retirement!

What is an O6?

RS
Well done John, Enjoy retirement.
I joined in '76 and was ready to get out long before my first hitch was up, and I was gone at the first opportunity. Looking back, I just wish I'd appreciated the fun I was having at the time...I just didn't know it. when the day came I would have had my twenty in, I couldn't believe how quickly the time passed and I never stopped kicking myself in the ass for that.

One thing I KNOW, I could never have continued to serve when political correctness began to dominate the armed services.

To have enlisted and retired as an O-6 is pretty remarkable. Congrats...and now go forth and enjoy life. Just don't get comfortable with living without a purpose because it cannot be done for long. A man's got to have a sense of purpose or his heart will stop beating.
Congratulations and thank you for your service.
Good day everyone,

-John

God bless you.
Wow, 40 years - great run! Helluva way to make a livin.'

Congrats on your retirement!
My hat is off to you, Captain! Enjoy some much deserved chill time! That is a long time to winnow the chaff from the seed!
Thank you.
How in the world did you manage to stay in for 40 years?
Thanks for your service and enjoy your retirement!
Thank you.

P
Congratulations on your retirement John. Well deserved and I hope you enjoy every minute of it.
Well done, sir! 🫡

And thank you.
Salute, thank you for your service. My your retirement be a great one.
Good day everyone,

-John

Awesome.

Congrats.
Congratulations John!
Enjoy your retirement to its fullest!
Thank you LeakyWader (John). I know that you will enjoy retirement and hope that you have the good health to do so. When I retired, my job became executive chef for the wife and spoiler of grandchildren! Your sacrifice and that of your family is very much appreciated.
Congratulations
Congratulations, and thank you for your service! Enjoy your retirement!
🫡
Congratulations...

What are your plans next?
First THANK YOU for your service.

Second Congratulations on your retirement and enjoy life.
Well done Sir!

Congratulations.

Mike
Congratulations on your retirement and thank you for your service. Enjoy retirement!
Welcome to the retired rolls! I'm almost 2 years in myself. Life is so much better now, not that it was all that bad while I served. I did almost 28 years.
Thank You for your service to our country!!

Congrats........well done, Sir! Enjoy your new roll.
Thanks for your service. Semper Fi.
Congratulations LW!!

Thank you for the sacrifices that were made.
Congratulations, John!

And thank you for your service, Captain!
40 years.That`s amazing. Enjoy your retirement .
Congratulations on your retirement, thank you for your service.
Thanks for your service. Now, it's time to go fishing.
Congratulations and thanks for your service!
Congratulations and best wishes.
Well done Sir, and thank you for your service
Congratultions on your retirement, and remarkable carreer. Fair winds, and following seas!
Thanks for that service. That was a long, dedicated service. Hope you enjoy your retirement. You deserve it.
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
© 24hourcampfire