Home
I couldn’t believe the prices on fireworks this year. I figure it’s worth $100 anyway to have some fun once a year with some.
NYE for me. Too light for full effect now.
My buddy and I like to light up the sub division. We are in about $300 each
Originally Posted by ironbender
NYE for me. Too light for full effect now.
Makes sense
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
My buddy and I like to light up the sub division. We are in about $300 each

My neighbors have been cracking them off the last two nights. It doesn’t last too long and now I know why. Muchodinero
Zero... but i was known as the "Mad Bomber" as a kid... don't no if them thins were M-80's or 1/4 sticks, but damn they were nasty!...
Zero. However, it is your right to celebrate as you wish.

Happy Independence Day.
Cheap skates
Hell ,normally it’s dry weather and I’m nervous about someone scorching my place from shooting them. This year , it’s unusually wet. I think it’s rained 11 out of the last 14 days .
Extremely dry here. I will probably take the hose and wet the roof and gutters down right about dark tonight.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Extremely dry here. I will probably take the hose and wet the roof and gutters down right about dark tonight.
Does that help your electric bill?
Just over $150 on fertilizer and Al powder for daytime entertainment. The Gatorade and Powerade bottles are "free".
The components will keep me entertained for the rest of the year.

Plenty of leftover flying, popping and sparky stuff left from last year for making kiddos happy after dark.
I'm into it for $0.00 as of the typing of this reply.
I get it. Not everyone has a place to shoot fireworks. Anyone going to watch some fireworks ?
Zero point zero.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Does that help your electric bill?
Nope.
I get it. Not everyone has a place to shoot fireworks. Anyone going to watch some fireworks ?
Will be watching.
I usually spend about $500 but in Montana I was worse.

Last year I took the girls to the beach and watched a public display. They loved it 100Xs more than watching my drunk ass almost blow up the house. LOL

We are back on the beach this year.
My drunk ass will be putting a $100 firework display on later. Probably 830 or so. I’m not worried about fugking anything up as I’ll be far from anything and it’s wet . As long as I get away before blast off. LOL
Zero, not buying any this year
None but got leftovers from past couple of years. I light them off
the "Big" city of Appleton fireworks show is a 1/4 mi due east of me... watched it from my deck last night...
I just checked an old stash and have probably $200 at todays prices . Large bottle rockets and regular bottle rockets mostly. The large ones were like $7 at the stand today.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
$00 on fireworks but set off a hundred rounds of 12 gauge at the club today, one at a time. My club had a colored bird shoot. Won a little money, spent a little and had my fill of hot dogs and sweet tea. Happy 4th to all!!!
i usta' get those 500 strings of Black Cats & Thunder Bombs?... i would sneak in and lite them up on unsuspecting marks...
$350 which is more than I normally spend but that's in the new Biden dollars. Seems like prices are 50% since 2021. Taking them to NY friends house when I get back to Idaho tonight.

Bb
$0 I drink the neighbors beer and watch theres
Not a [bleep] thing
300-400…

If I was able to freely light the mortars, cakes, and assorted air burst varieties I’m certain I’d triple that
Zero, but the neighbors take out a second mortgage on fireworks.
Zippy.
$0.00
Got away from it, I'm afraid. Years ago, when the kids were young (and I was younger than they are now) my brother and I would spend a few hundred bucks on fireworks while "down South" in the spring. Come Independence Day, his boys and mine would all get a five gallon pail to take down across the yard to the river and let 'er rip. Will never forget the time an errant bottle rocket landed in my older son's bucket full of pyrotechnics. That bucket lit right up, stuff flying everywhere. I think that was the last year we did that.
$ZERO.

Biden gives,enough money to China.

FJB. F China
zero. My sister and her husband sell them. She says the harder times are the more they sell.
Zero. Unless 9mm can be 'fireworks'... laugh
Zero. Had the ingredients for napalm on hand.
My neighbor down the road puts on a hell of a display every year. Easily 3 or 4k worth. We used to sit on the front porch and watch the first few years we lived here but after 14 years of it I'm so sick of fireworks I don't give a damn if I ever see another before I die. I suppose the noise and bright colored lights are endlessly entertaining for you retards though.
I don’t do fireworks. My wife wanted to move closer to town in 2013 so we bought a house in a subdivision. Fireworks all night long. The wife and I both worked shift work and had an infant. It was miserable.

All sorts of debris on the roof and all over the yard. Scorched grass and idiots crossing through our lawn as they threw their frisbees and crap like that. I got so angry every 4th.

It got to the point I was throwing dirty diapers on their porches and dumping bottles if piss on their cars. Would crank up my amp and shred at 2 AM on weekdays. It became pretty toxic in our neighborhood.

Bought land and built a house away from idiots. Pretty quiet in our neighborhood on the 4th, relatively speaking.
I will not spending one red cent. Same as always. I’m at 8,100 ft I can watch fools burn their money down in the valley.
$0.00

WS
Originally Posted by 7mm_Loco
Zero... but i was known as the "Mad Bomber" as a kid... don't no if them thins were M-80's or 1/4 sticks, but damn they were nasty!...
Miss those M/80’s, Cherry Bombs & Silver Salutes!
Originally Posted by Blackheart
My neighbor down the road puts on a hell of a display every year. Easily 3 or 4k worth. We used to sit on the front porch and watch the first few years we lived here but after 14 years of it I'm so sick of fireworks I don't give a damn if I ever see another before I die. I suppose the noise and bright colored lights are endlessly entertaining for you retards though.
Neighbors have three little kids and they bought four or five fountains to thrill them. I bought a $60 assortment to add to that. But I was gobsmacked at the prices. There were literally hundreds of individual devices priced anywhere from $50 to $200 EACH. No damn wonder it was pretty quiet around here last night. My assortment has three or four fountains and the same number of aerials. The rest are junk like sparklers, smoke bombs, and those black snake things.

Oh, and this is the first year in a long time that fireworks of any kind are allowed in my area of town due to drought.
the "Big" city of Appleton fireworks show is a 1/4 mi due east of me... watched it from my deck last night...
I’m in Wisconsin for 12 days giving the various teams a break. I heard something shooting off last few nights but I’m not sure how close to Appleton I am. Think I’m fairly close. Janesville area, can’t recall last time I flew to Appleton if I came through Madison. Sorta think Chicago but with too many flights a week I can’t remember much accurately.
Originally Posted by gremcat
I’m in Wisconsin for 12 days giving the various teams a break. I heard something shooting off last few nights but I’m not sure how close to Appleton I am. Think I’m fairly close. Janesville area, can’t recall last time I flew to Appleton if I came through Madison. Sorta think Chicago but with too many flights a week I can’t remember much accurately.

Looks like I flew through Milwaukee last time. I’m 100 miles out so must have been some locals having fun.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Neighbors have three little kids and they bought four or five fountains to thrill them. I bought a $60 assortment to add to that. But I was gobsmacked at the prices. There were literally hundreds of individual devices priced anywhere from $50 to $200 EACH. No damn wonder it was pretty quiet around here last night. My assortment has three or four fountains and the same number of aerials. The rest are junk like sparklers, smoke bombs, and those black snake things.

Oh, and this is the first year in a long time that fireworks of any kind are allowed in my area of town due to drought.

RR, I recall buying some out of season for my daughters first birthday. Jokers were probably $150/each out of season. Wasn’t legal where we lived then. Told my wife I’d just light one. It was a Grand Finale type and kids still talk about it.

Actually I’m surprised they haven’t jumped in price. I recall a coworker 15 years ago or more would spend $2-3k on them and seems they’ve gotten better quality but similar price.

Where we are now has the drone display. Looks pretty cool but I’m not there to take kids.
I couldn’t believe the prices on fireworks this year. I figure it’s worth $100 anyway to have some fun once a year with some.

Private fireworks displays are illegal here. Within city limits, prohibited by city ordinance. Outside the city limits, fire season has already started.

What I sometimes do is wait 'til the 5th or 6th, buy the discounted fireworks, and save them for New Years when it's so wet you couldn't light gasoline with a blow torch.

I've got the irrigation running .. I've watered the hay field, woods out away from the house, lawn on one side, and lawn on the other is .. hey, sprinklers just quit, so it's time to do that now! Later ...
Originally Posted by T_O_M

Private fireworks displays are illegal here. Within city limits, prohibited by city ordinance. Outside the city limits, fire season has already started.

What I sometimes do is wait 'til the 5th or 6th, buy the discounted fireworks, and save them for New Years when it's so wet you couldn't light gasoline with a blow torch.
That sounds very American
Fireworks? Nada! But a condom full of oxygen and acetylene makes a bang better than a pound of Tannerite, and the gas costs less than a nickel!
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

-----------------------------0-------------------------------------
In Utah, they sell more fireworks for July 24th than the 4th. That's our "Pioneer Day" when ol' Brigham supposedly entered the promised land saying "This is the place." (My theory is that his #1 wife told him "The first time we see water, that's the place, you ass.")
Originally Posted by Blackheart

In which decade did your family stop telling you where Thanksgiving dinner would be?

LOL

PS-Love the freeloading.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
In Utah, they sell more fireworks for July 24th than the 4th. That's our "Pioneer Day" when ol' Brigham supposedly entered the promised land saying "This is the place." (My theory is that his #1 wife told him "The first time we see water, that's the place, you ass.")

That’s funny Rock.

Happy 4th.
Adult Kids come over now and bring the safe n' sane BS over the weekend

Used to go watch the the Barron Hilton display out in the Delta for several decades.

Sandwich maker and I will sit on the porch this evening and watch the Local Minor BBall team extravaganza about a mile away.

Kids bring food now as well.

Originally Posted by FatCity67

Used to go watch the the Barron Hilton display out in the Delta for several decades.

Sandwich maker and I will sit on the porch this evening and watch the Local Minor BBall team extravaganza about a mile away.

So California doesn’t allow you to shoot fireworks? Got it?
As O'le Rush would say, "Zilch, Zero, Nada"!!!
Originally Posted by FatCity67

So California doesn’t allow you to shoot fireworks? Got it?

Well they got them laws and such, never seems to do much good from what I see, LOL.
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Fireworks? Nada! But a condom full of oxygen and acetylene makes a bang better than a pound of Tannerite, and the gas costs less than a nickel!
LOL. Need a video,
$0.00
Spent nothing, saw nothing, but did hear a few off in the distance. I miss having the kids around lighting off fireworks with the pic mosquito coils. It's peaceful living out in the middle of nowhere but you do miss out on somethings.
Originally Posted by GAGoober
LOL. Need a video,

Plenty on Youtube. Latex balloon would work too.

Tough part is getting a good timed ignition device. Crumpled paper works but crude.
Maybe a $100 or so.

Fireworks just ain’t my thing. They’re cool for a minute, then I’m over it.
Zero
A bunch for new years but it hardly even gets dark by bedtime in the summer.
I'll bet we did $2500-$3k on New years eve. Mostly mortars
it's 10 PM here... i think WWIII has started... were under attack!... lol
Zero for at least the last 12 years.
My Millbilly neighbors have been lighting 'em up every night since Friday.

I only spent about $50, to cap off an 82nd birthday party for a family friend. Happy Birthday, Betty!
And a Happy Independence Day to all!
The same as last year……..not one f……king dime.
$0.... better use for my money than to send it up in smoke.
0 wink
Nothing. It doesn't get dark here in early July.
Bitter old fuggs hate everything.
Spent about $25. We are in CO every year for the 4th and fireworks are lame as hell so the 14 yo didn’t want anything besides some jumbo snappers.
nothing....and didn't even watch any...

the people who buy them are those that can least afford them...

We used to fill those big balloons that had the rubber band so you could blow them up and punch them while the band bounced them back. They get about 2 feet in diameter if you put enough o2 and acetylene in them.

Then we'd hang them from in the bucket of a 988 loader, tie some fuse on and light it. They'd ring that bucket like a giant bell. One day the state police showed up to the gravel pit I worked in because of complaints all over the valley of weird massive explosions.

We told them what it was and they acted like they didn't believe it. So we did one for them. They loved it and were really impressed and then asked us not to do anymore because they got so many complaints.

Bb
Originally Posted by KenMi
Tough part is getting a good timed ignition device. Crumpled paper works but crude.

10 feet of cotton string soaked in gasoline- - - - -light, duck, and cover!
It’s an interesting relationship between fireworks and socio-economic status, actually it’s more like an inverse relationship since the more fireworks purchased and lit off in a neighborhood is inversely proportionate to the per capita income of the neighborhood as well as the number of people in that neighborhood that are on public assistance.

The poorer the neighborhood and the more welfare recipients equals massive firework sales and a higher than average “participation” in setting off fireworks. The wealthier neighborhoods don’t spend much on fireworks themselves and their “participation” in setting off fireworks is minimal.

Like tattoos…fireworks are most consumed by those who can least afford it. 😉
not a dime
We have had a tradition of fireworks for a while. Out in the country, got a good place, can wet the field if need be, we gather the kids and grandkids and put on the feedbag and celebrate the start of Shoot the Government. Guess I am different than a lot, I want my issue to understand the sacrifice of those who would not kneel. We read the Declaration of Independence every year, but then hell, I celebrate April 19th with them too.

I put up $300.00 for a modest show this year, son plans it out and makes it work pretty well, grandkids love the sparklers.
We went and watched out towns show from the boat. Nice evening out!
Originally Posted by GAGoober
LOL. Need a video,

He doesn’t actually do that. He just likes to type out stupid old man schit on the internet.

Yeah.

That’d make a great delayed fuse, dumb fugk.
Originally Posted by deflave

Yeah.

That’d make a great delayed fuse, dumb fugk.
Some folks either live a sheltered life or have never actually been there and done that. They sell cannon fuse by the roll, Goex is a little tough to come by.
I spent a grand total of zero. Waste of money.
Alot lol. We spend a good bit, but we have a pretty large get together with family and friends. Always a good time
I heard they're illegal
© 24hourcampfire